S.3706 - Americans Want to Work Act

A bill to extend unemployment insurance benefits and cut taxes for businesses to create hiring incentives, and for other purposes. view all titles (4)

• Official: A bill to extend unemployment insurance benefits and cut taxes for businesses to create hiring incentives, and for other purposes. as introduced.
  • Popular: Americans Want to Work Act as introduced.
  • Short: Americans Want to Work Act as introduced.

Sher1 10/18/2010 3:43pm

@nancym: Thanks! Not sure what TL3390 is talking about but its was weird. 99ers UNITED.

• jgallop 10/16/2010 1:21pm

You must give some time to your fellow men. Even if it’s a little thing, do something for others – something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.~Albert Sheitzer

• WasMiddleClass 10/16/2010 7:05pm

“TEOTWAWKI”…….you know that acronym :)

“That’s the trouble with many of those groups; it’s either one extreme or another—idealistic, hippie-style communes or else right-wing armed and ready groups. Any survival group I’d be interested in would be just those who want to survive sanely. :)”

You and me both nancym….but there are many good people in some of those groups..there will always be the extreme types..

At least someone is trying to help all those millions left with nothing….

• WasMiddleClass 10/16/2010 7:07pm

Homeless People Drummed Out of San Diego’s Downtown Library

“Where, in fact, is a legitimate location for us?” asked Kate McClellan as she appeared before the city council on Tuesday, October 12. McClellan is a middle-aged homeless woman that previously sought shelter in the San Diego Main Library, located on E street. She said she once had to spend a night out in the rain after being told to leave the library…because she didn’t know where to go.

“In the past two weeks, I’ve been asked along with everyone else to leave [the library] and not come back,” said McClellan, who sought an answer from the City as to where she could live. McClellan said that she and other homeless people would go wherever the City Council suggests.

According to McClellan, police officers get “catty” with homeless people; they threaten them with arrest and $250 illegal-lodging tickets.

WasMiddleClass 10/16/2010 7:08pm

“If I had $250, I would be in Motel 6, not at the library,” said McClellan. “I want to cooperate with the City. If you are just clear with me and tell me what the hours are, the legitimate [alternative shelter] locations until the [winter homeless] tent opens…that’s what I’m requesting.”

• HopefromCA 10/17/2010 9:23am

Seems to me with everyone concerned about foreclosures not being able to forclose and everyone concerned about having clear title to purchasing a house you would that Congress would know that the economy will continue to go down unless they start looking at creating jobs. There will be no more income coming from real estate sales so where is the income going to come from?
    Only the rich have money in the stock market so that is out as the rich are starting to cut back also.

HopefromCA 10/17/2010 10:10am

Also approx. 32% of homeowners expect the price of houses to keep going down next year.

• HopefromCA 10/17/2010 10:34am

Donations dropped approx. 11% last year and Congress says we are recovering?

• Sher1 10/17/2010 2:36pm

WATCH-OUT BABY BOOMERS! Comedy Central on FOXNEWS-SUNDAY watching Republican Carly Fiorina dance around the questions on cutting $4 Trillion from the budget but what programs will be CUT??? NO ANSWER.. Plus continuing the Bush tax cuts costing TRILLIONS.. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/…uts-pay-spending_n_765654.html

TL3390 10/17/2010 4:53pm

Yes, baby boomers beware!! The evil Republicans will make sure you receive no social security and no medicare! But first they’ll break your knees and then take your first born! LoL

Check out this clip below of Barbara Boxer struggles to get her facts straight. After watching this, one can better understand with leadership like this why California is flat broke and in a world of trouble.

Filtered Comment [ show ]

That 10/17/2010 6:12pm
    + 52

Ooh finally the Obama apologists show up! Ooh do tell Flar how pelosi reid and obama have saved the day! I fogotted back when my unemployment ran out, I really could use a bed time fairy tail!

TL3390 10/17/2010 6:35pm
    + 51

FLarelene, you’re resorting to the same tactics politicians frequently use. Every time I present facts that get in the way of a good ol’ fashioned Republican-bashing, you switch the topic to whatever poster you think I am.

Is your world so small that there are all Democrats, and one “NoBama4me”?

By the way, where above do I defend Republicans? I’m pretty sure I mocked Sher1’s ridiculous rant, then posted a link that shows Senator Boxer’s wonderful grasp and understanding of the legislation she signs off on.

TL3390 10/17/2010 6:41pm

By the way, I’ve been unemployed since August ‘08. I wasn’t aware of the rule that staes you must post on these boards within 60 days of becoming unemployed.

You, and some others, pathetic attempt to paint me as someone else or accuse me of lying are really tiresome. Again, this isn’t a liberal blog.

If you’ve read my posts, I have serious doubts as to the job Republicans will do if back in charge. Of course, the four years the Democrats have controlled Congress leave me with absolutely no doubt that they have no clue what they’re doing, either.

Filtered Comment [ show ]

bugsy166 10/18/2010 7:48am

Ha! Ha Ha!..LMAO..GOOD WORK FLarlene!!!!!…..You tell him!…waayyda..go chicky!

TL3390 10/18/2010 12:29pm

FLarlene, let’s just agree to disagree, okay? Just as Sher1 is allowed to write whatever he wants, I’m allowed to post the opposing point of view. You don’t have to jump in and defend anyone. If I write a post that says, “Democrats will take your first born if they’re re-elected!!!!”, I would expect people to reply about how crazy that statement is. That’s no different than what I’ve done with Sher1.

Actually, I’ve had constructive dialogue with several people on here. Those posters and I may disagree, but it doesn’t lead to accusations of phony people and that type of stuff.

I’m not a troll- I don’t spend enough time on these type of sites to know what that is. I’m someone who has interest in this bill who happens to disagree politically with many people here.

Sher1 10/18/2010 2:07am

@ I do believe CA has had a Republican Governor in place for 8 years! But the GOP is so good at shoveling the manure to someone else instead of facing truth and that same Republican Governor has put his state into Bankruptcy but has a lifeline with the Stimulus package for now.

• sclark113 10/18/2010 3:33am

Tier V Unemployment Extension – Congress Should Be Sharing the Pain of the 99ers

• sclark113 10/18/2010 4:01am

Midterm Elections and Unemployment Extension and Tier V Legislation

• RubberBoots 10/18/2010 6:34am

hi folks i found a little article of hope…..

Marcy 10/18/2010 7:45am

Ok,I don’t mean to sound snarky, but what does Donald trump have to do with Tier V,99ers, et al?

nancym 10/18/2010 8:48am

I think RubberBoots was just pointing out the comment on the story that mentions the advocacy letter from the American 99’ers Union. But the post was from Oct 2, so it’s not exactly new news.

Marcy 10/18/2010 11:46am

Ah,ok. I saw the headlines, saw nothing beyond that and went searching on google for the rest. I missed the comments.

• bugsy166 10/18/2010 12:16pm

Finally it sounds like i’m hearing some MATURITY coming from all parties!
    I myself have never said anything negetive about ANY of my fellow 99ers.
    I know how important it is for us 99ers to stand together on this matter in order for us to brain storm and to FINALY CREATE A SOLUTION in recieving our TIER 5…….united we stand divided we fall,remeber?

• davidak 10/18/2010 12:34pm