S.3706 - Americans Want to Work Act

A bill to extend unemployment insurance benefits and cut taxes for businesses to create hiring incentives, and for other purposes. view all titles (4)

• Official: A bill to extend unemployment insurance benefits and cut taxes for businesses to create hiring incentives, and for other purposes. as introduced.
  • Popular: Americans Want to Work Act as introduced.
  • Short: Americans Want to Work Act as introduced.

Displaying 1891-1920 of 13010 total comments.

n0bama4me 10/25/2010 4:26am

no i think obama is more of a murderer for keeping all these wars going that he promised to stop where our HUMAN brothers, sisters, sons, daughters, mothers, and fathers are dying daily… but of course people like you care more about ANIMALS and wolves??? seriously? ok then whatever floats your boat. moron.

JoHamm 10/24/2010 3:32pm

an empty statement since Palin isn’t running for anything except after the almighty bucks all the simpletons in the Tea Party movement are throwing at thew bimbo.

n0bama4me 10/24/2010 7:49pm

it was sarcasm at least i think lol

n0bama4me 10/24/2010 8:30pm

i agree after reading sher1’s false propoganda i will absolutely not vote for bush or palin this year. never. in fact i didn’t even know they were running. but i will not vote for them. im going to vote for obama for my president. once he becomes president then he can do what he promised! change! hope!

Filtered Comment [ show ]

n0bama4me 10/25/2010 4:29am

i ruined? wow you communist. you get to spam and voice your opinion but i can’t – you are too much! omg nazi. reach out do whatever. calling the shots? wtf rofl you are such a no life troll. wow wow wow. in fact if you start calling i bet they will block you and maybe get a restraining order. this is a public forum freakaziod. your not the only one “allowed” to post here or voice your opinion. maybe you need to start a sight called “closedcongress” so just you and the 3 other obama lovers can post your ignorant in denial propaganda there… this is “opencongress.” “participatory…”

• jgallop 10/24/2010 2:24pm

Watching 60 minutes we’re on!! God Bless

bethclambert 10/24/2010 6:10pm

60 Minutes was great, except for the missing plea for another tier. Was glad to see that the 22% in California was noted and that the College Educated were given a clear voice. Showing once again that we are not stupid or lazy.

HopefromCA 10/24/2010 6:38pm

Also good to see alot of hands raised when they were asked if they had a masters degree. It shows that being educated is not the problem, its jobs, jobs and jobs. I believe it was good to show this just before the election.

nancym 10/25/2010 7:46am

I was glad to see what they reported on that show also, mainly the part that emphasized these were highly educated people. The only thing that bothered me was the low-ball figure on how many people would be cut of from benefits coming up. I give a lot of credit to NELP for the work they have done and the fact that they are making a new campaign for jobs and benefits with their new and expanded Unemployed Workers site http://www.unemployedworkers.org/sites/unemployedworkers/index.php

But I just wrote a note of complaint to one of their recent emails:

(cont.)

nancym 10/25/2010 7:47am

Why perpetuate this misleading figure? Even CBS used it in their 60 Minutes report, in spite of the fact that their report was about the “99ers.” There will be almost SIX million who have exhausted benefits with no job by the end of this year. That figure is obvious from the DOL reports, yet both the media and NELP want to keep using the figure that’s based on the number who will be cut off only on Nov 30.

This is the same circumstance as last year, only worse, and it led to most of the public being totally unaware of just how dire the situation is. That strategy was disastrous for those most desperate, those 99ers, and it will be again.

• takinbackdtreets 10/24/2010 5:28pm

I’m praying that Palin makes it. She is so stupid and unqualified that she will make Christine Odonnell look like a genius.

• takinbackdtreets 10/24/2010 5:30pm

Both repubs and dems are bought and paid for. Vote independent till we figure out how to take back our country.

HopefromCA 10/24/2010 6:52pm

takinbackdtreets
    I have been reading articles of people who have voted independent for many centuries but now are switching to republican because they say that Congress is out of control taxing everyone to death in the middle class and lower class. I believe that if we do vote for republican we can forget about Tier 5 and creating new jobs. Anyway we look at this situation its not looking good at all.

nancym 10/25/2010 7:50am

How ironic too, eh? Since all last year the middle and lower classes had a tax break directly on their paychecks, a tax break that the pundit class seems to be totally ignoring. That tax break saved me about $200 on my taxes, even contract work and unemployment benefits, since I had at least a small amount of earned income, combined with the “Making Work Pay” tax break. One of the parts of the stimulus package that seems to have been completely forgotten.

n0bama4me 10/24/2010 7:51pm

no dont vote independent… we don’t need in between anymore which is what both dems and republicans do all the time… we need conservatives not liberals or republican in name only candidates… then we can take back our country at the polls.

jgallop 10/25/2010 1:57am

Change is voting Independent, Repubs and Dem’s are in bed together at the end of the day!

n0bama4me 10/25/2010 4:33am

no voting independent is not change. example – charlie christ did it “jumped ship” thiking he was going to secure both crowds the dems and repubs, but he was wrong. what kind of person wants to be in between all the time, wishy, washy, can’t make up the mind – so they go independent? granted republicans and democrats are basically the same, but conservatives are not and that’s who we need to vote for – conservatives. go tea party!

jgallop 10/25/2010 5:18am

Maybe Glenn beck will help us , Now Come on , he’s making millions acting like a mad man, Tea Party is a joke, Sarah Palin is making thousands speaking at these rallies, laughing all the way to the bank, BTW Beck has a new book out BROKE go buy it he needs a couple more mil!!!!

• n0bama4me 10/24/2010 7:37pm

same in denial ignorant people here in the socialist communist club. do as i say not as i do, etc… well do 4 people still think obama, reid, and pelosi did a good job getting you the unemployment extension they were so vocal about -———-this past February? obama, rangel, reid, pelosi, boxer, are the biggest most corrupt failures in the history of this country.. not to worry the 90 percent of americans who didn’t like their policies or way they wanted to take this country will vote em out this nov!

• Filtered Comment [ show ]

TL3390 10/25/2010 4:28am

I’ve read the recent n0bama4me posts, and I’m failing to see where his/her posts differ from Sher1 posts. Some of the garbage Sher1 posts is full of lies (ie- political donations), insulting accusations (tea partiers upset when a BLACK man was elected Pres), and name calling (tea baggers).

Sher1 shows up on this board to recruit people for union-sponsored websites and events and he posts messages that he copies and pastes from other liberal blogs. Where is the outrage over this behavior?

For all those buying into the whole “Republicans buy elections” nonsense, check out this link that shows the top political donors, and the party they donated most to, from 1989-2010. Pay special attention to the TOP 14 donors, and which party they gave to the most.

n0bama4me 10/25/2010 4:42am

liberals like sher1 and flarlene are hypocrites. they make up their own rules and can do whatever /say whatever they want, but the minute someone smart comes along to point out that they are wrong – watch out because the name calling starts, trolling, and now as you can see with arlene the massive amount of hypocrisy just dripps from her postings.

Filtered Comment [ show ]

n0bama4me 10/25/2010 5:47am

42 accounts lol? if you tell the truth arlene people voted me down 42 and up 42 for a spread of 84 simple math – so obviously 84 accounts were involved by your admission? lol that is hilarious i have 42 accounts or 84 or something lol.

timothylange 11/26/2010 4:42am

I just spent 2 hours reading all 219 pages. You were not in an argument with anybody when i did my first comment. You accused me of having multiple accounts and being a troll. You admitted having 84 accounts, YOU ARE THE TROLL HERE. I just started at OC early yesterday morning and yet i got accused of being on here for a year. You stated you’ve been unemployed for 3 years, the reason for this is because you can’t keep your trap shut and got fired. And now when you apply for jobs they talk to your last employer and he tells them that you have a very BIG mouth. I PRAY that you NEVER get a job, are you living with mommy and that is how you are able to irritate everyone here? Is the umbilical cord still attached? Did the doctor smack the wrong end to get you to cry? When you came out, your daddy said, “kill it”. You are a worthless human being that needs a good AZZ whoppin’.

That 11/26/2010 4:48am

It has been nearly 12 hrs and 4 pages since nObama has been on.

Could you please wait until hes is back on before you start arguing with him?

timothylange 11/26/2010 4:52am

Stating facts are only arguments to ignorant people. YOU lied when you said he was in an argument with 3 other people when i made my first comment.

That 11/26/2010 4:56am

Go ahead and rant and rave far be it from me to get in your way

timothylange 11/26/2010 4:59am

I have every right to defend myself, it is not called ranting and raving. nObama was doing the rant and rave thing and so were his followers. Don’t sit there and start getting mouthy with me.

Send Your Senator a Letter