S.3706 - Americans Want to Work Act

A bill to extend unemployment insurance benefits and cut taxes for businesses to create hiring incentives, and for other purposes. view all titles (4)

• Official: A bill to extend unemployment insurance benefits and cut taxes for businesses to create hiring incentives, and for other purposes. as introduced.
  • Popular: Americans Want to Work Act as introduced.
  • Short: Americans Want to Work Act as introduced.

• adamaiken 12/19/2010 4:24am

If you are happy with the corporate takeover of America then keep voting Republican. If you really believe that you do not deserve a bailout at the same time that the richest people in this country got a bailout via the taxcuts then keep voting Republican. If you want your unemployment benefits, SSI and Medicare in the future, then you want socialism because that is socialism. It has nothing to do with a capitalistic economy. They can work hand in hand. We do not have a capitalistic democracy any longer, we have Corporate Fascism. We are living under Fascism. Someone who lived in Europe during WWII recently told me that this is what the Fascist countries in Europe were like before the war. Wake up and smell the Fascism.

WasMiddleClass 12/19/2010 4:28am

I have not voted Republican in MANY years, and I am not a Republican. You already know that too.

What difference does it really make anyway….

Media BLACKOUT, Wake up America!

adamaiken 12/19/2010 4:37am

Oh did you think I was talking to you? What an over-inflated ego you have!
    I would never waste a second on you.

WasMiddleClass 12/19/2010 4:41am

Then STOP replying to me all the time!

adamaiken 12/19/2010 5:31am

no, um, you keep replying to me and I would like you to stop, please and also stop giving me unsolicited advice, asshole

• WasMiddleClass 12/19/2010 5:21am

Are we going to lose the internet too?

Net Neutrality Threatened

Giant cable and telecom companies are lobbying Congress and the FCC furiously for that right. A leaked September 2010 House Energy and Commerce Committee draft bill, if enacted, will let them establish higher-priced premium lanes (two Internets), effectively destroying Net Neutrality, compromising the last free and open space. New FCC provisions may do the same.

December 21 is decision day. With little time left, it’s crucial that consumers act, demanding Congress and the Obama administration preserve Net Neutrality and not allow Genachowski’s proposal.

• adamaiken 12/19/2010 5:32am

…..and I don’t reply to you, I just comment on how dumb you are

• adamaiken 12/19/2010 5:34am

…and that I am afraid is not going to stop because you inspire me

• donnyshaw 12/19/2010 6:38am

Hey folks, just seeing this now. Trust me, we did not delete the comments and reset the pageviews. This is some kind of site glitch and I’m passing it along to our developers to correct. We should be back to normal soon. Sorry for the inconvenience!

WasMiddleClass 12/19/2010 7:18am

Thank you very much Donny. I am glad to hear that, as I am sure are many others.

adamaiken 12/19/2010 9:04am

asskisser

Darkknight 12/19/2010 11:27am

LoL

WasMiddleClass 12/19/2010 1:09pm

Ass

• WasMiddleClass 12/19/2010 7:19am

I would check for intrusions too………..

• 99Survivor 12/19/2010 7:29am

11th Hr Unemployment “99er” Bill?

• 99Survivor 12/19/2010 7:32am

H.R. 6556: To provide for the further temporary extension of the emergency unemployment compensation…

WasMiddleClass 12/19/2010 7:43am

WOW!!!!!

WasMiddleClass 12/19/2010 8:02am

The two lawmakers attempted to get this language in the $900 billion tax bill just passed but only the estate tax amdt. was allowed. Now Reps. Scott and Lee have offered this stand alone bill.

WasMiddleClass 12/19/2010 8:04am

HR 6556? What is this?

GreenHornet 12/19/2010 8:06am

Interesting ! and that was my extact comment. "What is this ???

• WasMiddleClass 12/19/2010 8:12am

H.R.6556 – To provide for the further temporary extension of the emergency unemployment compensation program, and for other purposes.

• WasMiddleClass 12/19/2010 8:12am

Everything is back!!!

donnyshaw 12/19/2010 6:10pm

No problem. Sorry about that.

WasMiddleClass 12/19/2010 7:06pm

I’m happy to know it wasn’t from you guys. Other sites are getting “hit” from someone big time out there. Because the wrong info is on them ? One of my friends sites has been trying to defend for a while now. I just wanted to pass that on…

• WasMiddleClass 12/19/2010 8:22am

CBC Chair Lee, Rep. Scott Introduce Legislation for 99’ers

WASHINGTON, DC – Today, Barbara Lee, Chairwoman of the Congressional Black Caucus and Congressman Robert C. “Bobby” Scott introduced legislation to provide an expansion of unemployment benefits that will assist those Americans who have exhausted their benefits. This benefit will be available to all unemployed persons, regardless of the unemployment conditions in their state.

WasMiddleClass 12/19/2010 8:24am
    • This section provides 14 additional weeks of emergency unemployment compensation in Tier I.
    • This additional benefit will be available for those who have exhausted all their benefits (99ers and other exhaustees) as well as those who will be unemployed this year.
    • This expansion is similar to the expansion in November 2009 which provided an additional week of benefits to Tier II.
    • Adding these extra weeks in Tier I makes them available for all chronically unemployed and not only those currently collecting unemployment benefits from a “high unemployment state”.
    where 12/19/2010 8:45am

Hey Was! That is great news! It sounds like they are not going to take no for a answer ether, Poor Adam lost the top rated comment =(

WasMiddleClass 12/19/2010 8:49am

Maybe if you use his picture again he will feel better.

where 12/19/2010 10:26am

I hope this helps him!

Darkknight 12/19/2010 11:30am

Who is that in the Avatar picture ? and does his Mommy know he’s playing on the internet ?

Send Your Senator a Letter