S.775 - National Infrastructure Improvement Act of 2007
A bill to establish a National Commission on the Infrastructure of the United States. view all titles (3)
All Bill Titles
- Short: National Infrastructure Improvement Act of 2007 as introduced.
- Short: National Infrastructure Improvement Act of 2007 as passed senate.
- Official: A bill to establish a National Commission on the Infrastructure of the United States. as introduced.
This Bill currently has no wiki content. If you would like to create a wiki entry for this bill, please Login, and then select the wiki tab to create it.
- Today: 3
- Past Seven Days: 4
- All-Time: 4,953
Official SummaryNational Infrastructure Improvement Act of 2007 - (Sec. 3) Establishes the National Commission on the Infrastructure of the United States to ensure that U.S. infrastructure meets current and future demand, facilitates economic growth, is maintained in a manner that ensures public safety, an
Official SummaryNational Infrastructure Improvement Act of 2007 -
(Sec. 3)Establishes the National Commission on the Infrastructure of the United States to ensure that U.S. infrastructure meets current and future demand, facilitates economic growth, is maintained in a manner that ensures public safety, and is developed or modified in a sustainable manner.
(Sec. 4)Requires the Commission to study the state of U.S. infrastructure, including:
(1) the capacity of infrastructure to sustain economic development and competitiveness;
(2) the age and condition of public infrastructure;
(3) the methods used to finance the construction, acquisition, rehabilitation, and maintenance of infrastructure;
(4) investment requirements needed to maintain and to improve infrastructure and the projected need of investment requirements and expenditures by federal, state, and local governments;
(5) the impact of local development patterns on demand for federal funding of infrastructure;
(6) the impact of deferred maintenance; and
(7) the collateral impact of deteriorated infrastructure. Directs the Commission to develop recommendations regarding:
(1) a federal infrastructure plan that will detail national infrastructure program priorities;
(2) infrastructure improvements and methods of delivering and providing for infrastructure facilities;
(3) analysis or criteria and procedures that may be used by federal agencies and state and local governments in inventorying existing and needed infrastructure improvements, assessing the condition of improvements, developing uniform criteria and procedures, and maintaining publicly accessible data; and
(4) proposed guidelines for the uniform reporting by federal agencies of data regarding infrastructure improvements.
(Sec. 7)Requires the Commission to submit an interim report and a final report to the President and to specified congressional committees.
(Sec. 8)Makes funds available for each of FY2008-FY2010, at the Commission's request, from sums made available to the Secretary of Transportation (from any source other than the Highway Trust Fund), from the Corps of Engineers' General Expenses account, and from the Administrator of the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).
(Sec. 9)Terminates the Commission on September 30, 2010.
...Read the Rest