S.Res.64 - An original resolution authorizing expenditures by committees of the Senate for the period March 1, 2013, through September 30, 2013.view all titles (1)
All Bill Titles
- Official: An original resolution authorizing expenditures by committees of the Senate for the period March 1, 2013, through September 30, 2013. as introduced.
This Bill currently has no wiki content. If you would like to create a wiki entry for this bill, please Login, and then select the wiki tab to create it.
- Today: 1
- Past Seven Days: 3
- All-Time: 1,620
Roll call number 29 (Amendment number S.Amdt 25) in the Senate
Question: On the Amendment S.Amdt. 25 to S.Res. 64 (No short title on file)
Amendment purpose: To strike supplemental staff funding available only to a limited number of Senators in a time of sequestration.
Official Summary(Sec. 1) Authorizes expenditures by the following Senate committees from March 1, 2013, through September 30, 2013: (1) Agriculture, Nutrition, and Forestry; (2) Armed Services; (3) Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs; (4) Budget; (5) Commerce, Science, and Transportation; (6) Energy and Na
(Sec. 1)Authorizes expenditures by the following Senate committees from March 1, 2013, through September 30, 2013:
(1) Agriculture, Nutrition, and Forestry;
(2) Armed Services;
(3) Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs;
(5) Commerce, Science, and Transportation;
(6) Energy and Natural Resources;
(7) Environment and Public Works;
(9) Foreign Relations;
(10) Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions;
(11) Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs;
(13) Rules and Administration;
(14) Small Business and Entrepreneurship;
(15) Veterans' Affairs;
(16) Special Committee on Aging;
(17) Select Committee on Intelligence; and
(18) Indian Affairs.
(Sec. 20)Authorizes establishment of a special reserve within funds in the account \"Expenses of Inquiries and Investigations,\" appropriated by the legislative branch appropriations Act for FY2013, to be available to any committee to meet unpaid obligations or expenses.
(Sec. 21)Reconstitutes the Senate National Security Working Group authorized by S.Res.105 (101st Congress), as subsequently amended and extended, to require or authorize the Working Group through December 31, 2016, to: serve as a forum for bipartisan discussion of current national security issues relating to the jurisdictions of multiple Senate committees; conduct regular meetings and maintain records of all meetings and activities; act as official observers on the U.S. delegation to any negotiations to which the United States is a party regarding:
(1) the reduction, limitation, or control of conventional weapons, weapons of mass destruction, or the means for delivery of any such weapons;
(2) the reduction, limitation, or control of missile defenses; or
(3) export controls; and study any issues related to national security that the Senate Majority and Minority leaders jointly determine appropriate. Encourages the Working Group to consult with parliamentarians and legislators of foreign nations and to participate in international forums and institutions regarding such national security matters. Prohibits the Working Group from investigating matters relating to espionage or intelligence operations against the United States, counterintelligence operations and activities, or other intelligence matters within the jurisdiction of the Select Committee on Intelligence. Limits the salary of the Majority and Minority liaison staff assistant to a rate up to that allowed under the Legislative Branch Appropriations Act, 1968 for Senate committee employees.
...Read the Rest