Former Sen. Evan Bayh

Democrat  •  Indiana 2 Terms  •  Sworn In 1999
Last Term 2005 - 2010 View All

fortermlimits 09/07/2009 6:53pm

Come on Indiana, vote this guy out. Give someone that will listen to the people a try.

howdareyoubetraythepeople 09/04/2009 1:40pm

this bill is so unconstitutional our fore fathers are going to roll over in there graves!!!!!!!!!!!!! also when the people who are in office do nothing to make it public knowledge until 30 full days after it passes they all should be fired!!!!!!!!!!! bet that would put a stimulus in the economy.

NeilArmstrong 09/15/2009 8:56pm

Sen. Evan Bayh, I hope you enjoy your last term in office…

fortermlimits 11/24/2009 7:16pm

So, you chose to vote FOR the health care bill. Guess what—it means we will vote against you in 2010.

NotAPundit 10/18/2009 3:48pm
in reply to joejohnson Mar 28, 2009 5:56am

Scroll up… Bayh is listed as a Democrat, not a Republican.

donner772 09/09/2009 4:42pm

Hello, Hello, Hello,
Is anyone home here? Has anyone in Congress or the President himself even read this bill. I honestly do not think so. If they have you would know that most of what the President said would not happen is IN the bill H.R. 3200. Insurance companies will not be able to compete and eventually we will all have only one option and that is the public option. My God what is happening to our country? We do need Health Insurance Reform not healthcare reform. Please please please wake-up Congress.

Anonymous 04/17/2008 5:07am

Senator Bayh needs to get out of D.C. and actually visit his home state every once in awhile. He has definitely lost touch, thats for sure. I won’t be voting for him again.

donner772 08/26/2009 1:02pm

Senator Bayh

Do not support H.R. 3200 in the form that it is now in. I have downloaded and read that bill. It is Socialized medicine in the making and if this bill goes thru Communism here we come. Yes we need insurance reform,but not what is in that bill. I do not want the government to be able to tell me what care I can have or what I can not have when I get to be 65. Eventually this bill will push other Health care insurance out and the only option will be the Public Option. Post this question to yourself and to the other members of congress. If you were an ordinary citizen, like your constitutiants, would you want this bill to pass? Thank you for your time.

elleedr 06/18/2010 9:42am

If you are apart of the American unemployed or share the same views as the unemployed and want to have a peaceful march on Washington to show that we do need our unemployment or in support of unemployment, email me at unemploymentmarch@yahoo.com. This has to be done, a peaceful stand needs to take place soon to make a difference. Before a lot of Americans lose the little bit that they do have. We didn’t ask for the economy to be this way and it is not our fault that we can not find jobs all at the same time. We worked all of our lives and now that we need help, the people in congress is saying no! We are the ones that help pay for wars, national disasters, and the congressmen paychecks. Now they are telling us that they cannot pass a bill so we can feed and house our families. What is more important the “Oil Spill” or the unemployed and their children. I don’t think so, it’s time for a peaceful march, email me at unemploymentmarch@yahoo.com, to make a peaceful stand now.

Leatherneck58 10/17/2009 4:27pm

We do not support HR 3200 in its present form or in any form run by the U.S. Government. We need health insurance reform, not health care reform!
We are watching your actions closely, and promise to vote accordingly. Obama is a one term president, and you will also be finished at the end of your term, if you do not vote the will of the people.
We are proud of our conservative values as you once were as Governor of Indiana. This is not an idol threat Senator; it is a promise!
Respectfully,

omegaclass 12/20/2009 7:27am

it’s time to get all new representatives for Indiana, they are all dirty, all on the take and drunk on the rich man’s money. a drunk sailor is more conservative then these guys.

it is my opinion that we need to put a stop to career politicians they go into office with good intentions and leave corrupt, bank accounts full and us (the common man) a lot poorer then the year before.

Ladies and Gentleman i know what you are thinking; “no my guy is honest, good and pure as the Antarctic wind drive show” NOT SO! our representatives are like children with their dad’s cell phone and when dad get the bill he is angry because there isn’t the money in the budget to pay the bills. so the family eats macaroni and cheese for the next three months.

Listen to reason my friends, if we keep doing what we have been doing we are going to keep getting we have been getting. TIME TO CLEAN HOUSE.

NeilArmstrong 09/15/2009 8:57pm

Indiana, vote this guy out..

Johntheveteran001 07/26/2009 10:14am

Senator Bayh
Do not support Senate Bill SB-2099 in any way, it is treason in its purest form. It is nothing more then a dirty trick, bill. And I do not think even you are that underhanded enough to accept the method or motavation behind this bill.

Moderated Comment

omegaclass 12/20/2009 6:58am
in reply to fortermlimits Sep 07, 2009 6:53pm

Senetor Bayh is not a hosier if he was he would support the good people of Indiana, so lets see if he keeps following President Obama into the depths of hell and votes for “cap and trad” and “Obama care”, if he dose that then we must make sure he dose not return to Washington as our reprosentive. return him to private life with all the perks (his comprehensive retirement plan) someone gets for having did the devils work metaphorically of course.

RDJames 12/21/2009 2:45am

How can you vote this travesty called “health care” in when there is overwhelming opposition and underhanded deals taking place? My husband is a Teamster who has an excellent health plan because of their (both dems & union) strongarm tactics… now what? We get to pay more on top of the high taxes and union dues, or do we now get Canadian-style “maybe-you-get-in-maybe-you-don’t” health care?? When our future is looking this bleak, you can bet re-election will be ugly. I will do everything in my power to remove you and your ilk from office – both sides of the aisle!!

sharibear 07/07/2010 5:18pm
in reply to pelmof Jun 29, 2010 4:39am
omegaclass 12/26/2009 9:41pm

It’s time to get all new representatives for Indiana; they are all dirty, all on the take and drunk on the rich man’s money. A drunken sailor is more conservative then these guys.

It is my opinion that we need to put a stop to career politicians they go into office with good intentions and retire corrupt, bank accounts full and us (the common man) a lot poorer then the year before.

Ladies and Gentleman I know what you are thinking; “No my guy is honest, good and pure as the Antarctic wind driven show” NOT SO! Our representatives are like children with their dad’s cell phone and when dad gets the bill he is angry because there isn’t the money in the budget to pay the bills. So the family eats macaroni and cheese for the next three months.

Listen to reason my friends; if we keep doing what we have been doing we will keep getting what we’ve been getting. TIME TO CLEAN HOUSE.

DOUGLASFIELD 02/03/2010 11:21am

SENATOR,

• MANY MORE IN OUR U.S. CONGRESS ARE NOW FINDNG OUT THE TRUTH OTHER THEN SENATOR WEBB AND THOSE OTHERS IN THE KNOW IN CONGRESS…
Anonymous 02/20/2010 6:14am

Anonymous 02/13/2008 11:28am

Those who vote for unconstitutional warrentless wiretaps and vote to protect the criminals that violate our privacy are not worthy of the position they hold. It’s impossible to justify undermining the very essence of our constitution in order to protect it. Another sell out.

american101 06/16/2010 1:19pm

How can you vote nay on H.R.4213 as a democrat??? You are a disgrace, and in my eyes a terrorist. You need to be replaced with someone who actually cares and defends the American people, not just the upper class.

pelmof 06/29/2010 4:39am

Dear Senator Bayh,

awilber625 04/14/2008 6:11pm

After seeing the ad supporting and endorsing Senator Hillary Clinton tonight, on television, I can no longer support Senator Bayh in any way, shape, form, or endeavor. As well known as the Bayh name is, in Indiana, I will do everything in my power to encourage the people of Indiana to vote against him in 2010. He has definitely lost touch with reality, especially with among his own constituents.

scruffyd 11/26/2009 8:25pm

Senator Bayh,
Listen up to some of these comments, it doesn’t sound like our great state wants anyhting to do with this healthcare bill and either does the rest of the country. Do the right thing and VOTE NO!!!

joejohnson 03/28/2009 5:56am

As many people are losing their homes, the bankruptcy legislation that passed in the house is being stalled in the Senate by Senators Bayd and Kyl therefore I sent this to the Rupublican chairman today:

You think the last few elections were bad for the party,wait til the next one.With Senator Bayd and Senator Kyl supporting the banking/mortgage industries and voting agaist the legislation, people will LOSE their homes.They may have to rent but they will still vote and with Senators like these, the Republican party will continue to LOSE voters.Making President Obama and the Democrats heroes for the homeowners is a huge problem for the party and Senator Bayd and Senator Kyl give the appearance that their committment to the businesses that ruined to the economy mean more to them than the people.See you next election but I will note vote the republican ticket,nor will alot of others.Good Luck.

Joe Johnson
cc.AARP
MSNBC

Lowell 07/10/2009 6:33am

Evan – The “Cap and Trade” bill is, as you know before you in the Senate. I urge you to vote against it. Thanks Lowell Baij

Anonymous 04/06/2008 7:02am

HOWS YOUR ECONOMY? OH NO HAVEN’T NOTICED? PASS UNEMPLOYMENT EXTENSION SOON..

willingvoter 12/21/2009 7:01am
in reply to omegaclass Dec 20, 2009 6:58am

I would suggest checking your spelling before submitting posts.

DOUGLASFIELD 10/16/2009 10:41pm
  • POORER AMERICAN ACTIVE DUTY U.S. MILITARY AROUND THE WORLD WHO ARE RISKING AND LOSING THEIR LIVES FOR ALL OF US ~ HAVE FAMILIES BACK HOME WHO ARE ALSO DYING WITHOUT HEALTH*CARE *
    ~ PRESIDENT OBAMA AND U.S. SENATOR OLYMPIA SNOWE OF MAINE BOTH KNOW THAT ANY FUTURE HEALTH
    CARE PLAN FOR OUR NEW AMERICA NEEDS TO ALSO ENCOMPASS ALL FAMILY MEMBERS OF ACTIVE DUTY MILITARY MEMBERS…ANYTHING LESS WOULD BE UN*AMERICAN ~
    JUST MAYBE AMERICA NEEDS A FEW MORE REVOLVING DOORS IN OUR U.S. CONGRESS *
    OUR COUNTRY COULD REALLY USE MANY MORE SINCERE AMERICANS LIKE THIS SPECIAL U.S.SENATOR OLYMPIA SNOWE FROM MAINE WHO CONSIDERS THIS COUNTRIES 45 MILLION POOR AMERICAN MEN WOMEN AND CHILDREN WITHOUT PROPER HEALTH CARE LIKE HER OWN FAMILY AHEAD OF HER ELECTED POLITICAL FAMILY **
    45 MILLION POORER AMERICANS HAVE OBVIOUSLY BEEN TOUCHED BY AN ANGEL WITH THE PEOPLES U.S. SENATOR SNOWE OF MAINE.
    LAWYERS FOR POOR AMERICANS CAN BE FOUND WITH ANY SEARCH ENGINE.
    424-247-2013