Former Sen. Samuel Brownback

Republican  •  Kansas 3 Terms  •  Sworn In 1996
Last Term 2005 - 2010 View All

• Anonymous 02/13/2008 11:30am

Those who vote for unconstitutional warrentless wiretaps and vote to protect the criminals that violate our privacy are not worthy of the position they hold. It’s impossible to justify undermining the very essence of our constitution in order to protect it. Another sell out.

• Anonymous 03/16/2008 6:59am

Dear Senator Brownback,

Thank you so much for spearheading this new legislation to at least ensure that the physicians in our country are not offering abortion as the “obvious” or “first” choice after a prenatal diagnosis of Down syndrome. Life with a child with special needs is never easy, but these children are truly messengers from God. My own son, Reece, is 5 years old now, and is the inspiration behind the Reece’s Rainbow Down Syndrome Adoption Ministry. www.reecesrainbow.com There are hundreds of families in this country waiting to adopt domestically born children with Down syndrome, and just as many who would love to adopt a child in a foreign orphanage as well. Thank you for your advocacy for my son and others like him, and for having the courage to do what is right! —-Andrea Roberts, Executive Director, Reece’s Rainbow, Dacula, GA

mrepictruth 06/19/2010 9:36am

Hey, just wanted to chime in and let you know real quick that God isn’t real, and the bible is a work of fiction written hundreds of years after the events that took place within it.

Not saying I support abortion. Just saying I don’t support blind faith that creates hypocrisy.

• Anonymous 06/27/2008 6:07am

hanks! for voting nay on S 3101 (Medicare Competitive Bidding Delay)…lets just turn this country into a socialistic society. Do you realize that by allowing competitive bidding you are making large companies get bigger and shutting down thousands of smaller Durable Medical Equipment companies, thus thousands of jobs have been lost. Medicare recipients have not been educated on this issue and are in for a scare. Thanks again….greed and money= US government!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Anonymous 10/02/2008 9:53am

Senator Brownback,
    I’m doing a report on one of your bills in my government class. I don’t know much about you so far but i noticed you have great teeth. Keep up the good work and always brush twice daily.

• Anonymous 02/28/2009 10:22am

Senator Brownback,
    First thank you for being a voice for sensible Americans. Secondly, I hope you are keenly aware of HR 45 Blair Holt Firearm…Act and you are doing all you can to stop this insanity. The democrats are determined to burden all the Americans that are to come with HUGE debt and with HR 45 they plan to take our ‘right to bear arms’. Have you read this bill? If not, please do. This is not what our country was founded on.

• Spam Comment

• johnstoddard 11/04/2009 6:41pm

what are you doing about the H.R.2811 BILL?

i hope you oppose the bill, because It is overly simplistic and politically driven. It is poorly thought out and sacrifices good science for political expediency. The negative economic impact for my family and business would be significant. Please oppose HR2811. Thank you for your consideration.

your a good guy i hope you do the right thing my career is a stake. if this becomes active how am i suppose to support my family….

• Spam Comment

• Anonymous 02/23/2010 2:35pm

• ditchmitchthebitch 02/23/2010 10:05pm

are you getting paid brownholer?

• ditchmitchthebitch 02/23/2010 10:06pm

oh, by the way brownholer. There are people who pay for your public healthcare, that can’t afford their own.

• Anonymous 02/24/2010 8:09am

• Spam Comment

• Spam Comment

• mrepictruth 06/19/2010 9:35am

Senator Brownback, I just wanted you to know that I did not vote for you, and that I have no future intention of ever voting for you. Your obvious preference to corporate and foreign lobbyists and your clear apathy toward your constituency make me want to vomit. You support costly foreign wars for profit, massive government expansions, and the undermining of human rights. You support status-quo financial and economic policies that devalue savings and ruin livelihoods. You ignore progressive bills, and vote on party lines almost religiously. You, sir, and the rest of the Senate, disgust me to the very core with your obvious lack of care for people who don’t have bags of money to shake in front of your ugly faces.

Frankly, I have had enough of your ilk running the Legislative branch. Do you honestly believe you are doing anything to help the American people? You’re doing nothing but ensuring the growth of already massive corporations, and the enrichment of shareholders and not people.

• Spam Comment

• Revolution 06/28/2010 7:01pm

You are a disgrace to your country and should be embarrassed to have the UNITED STATES in front of your title.4th of July is upon us-it reminds us of history and how the people can come together to make a difference.I hope you and your family meet the same outcome as the 15,000,000+ unemployed.You turned your back on the Citizens by playing games and stupid antics.Assistance needs to be offered to ease the minds of the families and allow continued dignity no matter the cost. You spend OUR money like water and the American people MUST and SHOULD be priority one!
    “As good government is an empire of laws, how shall your laws be made? In a large society,inhabiting an extensive country,it is impossible that the whole should assemble to make laws. The first necessary step, then,is to depute power from the many to a few of the most wise and good.”
    John Adams, Thoughts on Government, 1776
    Obviously we dont have the few wise and good in the senate-but we have the power to change that.

• chbg1921 06/28/2010 9:36pm

I am asking to please get something done about the unemployment extension. I just ran out of benefits today…I have worked non-stop until 2008 when my shop closed. This is ridiculous that I have to sit down and figure out how I am going to feed my son. I have a degree and the skills to aquire a job, the only problem is there aren’t any jobs. Come on now, please tell me how I am going to pay to keep a roof over my child’s head and feed him? Can you answer that? Oh I forgot you already showed your concern for the american people with your NAY vote.

• pelmof 06/29/2010 4:42am