Former Sen. Jim Bunning

Republican  •  Kentucky 2 Terms  •  Sworn In 1999
Last Term 2005 - 2010 View All

• Anonymous 02/13/2008 11:30am

Those who vote for unconstitutional warrentless wiretaps and vote to protect the criminals that violate our privacy are not worthy of the position they hold. It’s impossible to justify undermining the very essence of our constitution in order to protect it. Another sell out.

• Anonymous 06/27/2008 6:08am

Thanks! for voting nay on S 3101 (Medicare Competitive Bidding Delay)…lets just turn this country into a socialistic society. Do you realize that by allowing competitive bidding you are making large companies get bigger and shutting down thousands of smaller Durable Medical Equipment companies, thus thousands of jobs have been lost. Medicare recipients have not been educated on this issue and are in for a scare. Thanks again….greed and money= US government!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• joshuaamosley 07/10/2009 10:24pm

I am a fellow republican and would like to suggest and request that you as well as all other republicans vote to pass s.1230 and I urge congress to get this done soon as intrest rates are rising which will cause a slow down in the rebound of the realestate industry.

• Spam Comment

• Spam Comment

• Anonymous 02/23/2010 2:26pm

• Anjou99999 02/26/2010 9:29am

Senator Bunning,and the party of NO…

First I would like to offer my condolences that you had to miss watching a basketball game last night,and instead felt that it was more important to
    block the very thin lifeline that has been helping unemployed families
    keep a modest amount of food on their tables.
    Obviously, you can not relate to anyone who is below a six figure income through no fault of their own,but every minute that you obstruct these
    Unemployment Benefits extensions, more children are going hungry,more houses are not able to keep their lights and heat on, and more families will be evicted or foreclosed upon in the middle of winter.

Can you even begin to imagine what that feels like as a parent? Obviously not.We are all watching C-Span, and you should be aware that no one has any doubt that your actions last night sprung from anything but corruption, greed and ambition.

• briandamron46 02/27/2010 6:26am

unemployment extension.!
    i find it hard to believe that its too much on our budget to keep people in their homes and to feed our people especially our children. you are a pathetic excuse for a human being. (as a working gulf war veteran that put his life on the line and had friends that did not come back.) you need to be dragged off the senate floor to the front steps of congress and be shot by a military firing squad for treason against the american people, and many other members also that do not care for the average american, but will help the wealthy and lobbyists when the revolution happens and it will some day i hope it ends up like the french revolution then you will get yours, what goes around comes around.

• elvaam 03/02/2010 12:14pm

Finally a politician who has grown a spine to stand up to the spend happy White House and Democrat party.

Anjou99999 03/02/2010 1:54pm

Was that comment written by Senator Bunning, or one of his employees?

• purplelilac3084 03/06/2010 7:14am

I am proud he stood up to the white house! I have been on unemployment for 1 1/2 years, and I am not angry at him. They passed a bill to pay as you go, and this is what he stood up for! He, like no other member of congress, is concerned they are bankrupting our country and OUR children and grandchildren are going to suffer from paying these trillions of dollars they do, without a blink of an eye. China owns more of our country then we do, so WAKE up people and realize he did the right thing.

• Spam Comment

• Spam Comment

• Spam Comment

• Spam Comment

• chbg1921 06/28/2010 9:36pm

I am asking to please get something done about the unemployment extension. I just ran out of benefits today…I have worked non-stop until 2008 when my shop closed. This is ridiculous that I have to sit down and figure out how I am going to feed my son. I have a degree and the skills to aquire a job, the only problem is there aren’t any jobs. Come on now, please tell me how I am going to pay to keep a roof over my child’s head and feed him? Can you answer that? Oh I forgot you already showed your concern for the american people with your NAY vote.

• pelmof 06/29/2010 4:46am

Dear Senator Bunning,

• C570482 07/04/2010 12:24pm

Dear Senator Bunning:

I am writing to implore you to vote for HR 5618, S 3551 or one of the other bills to restore emergency unemployment compensation. I am aware that you have concerns about the funding for these extentions. I believe you all can come up with a solution that is a good fit.

It has been noted that in the past you have against for recent Bills to extend emergency unemployment benefits. Knowing you were a Major League Baseball player (with a great record) before becoming a Senator, you may not have a recent memory of being unemployed with no jobs in sight.

As you know, The Congressional Budget Office estimates that every federal dollar invested in unemployment insurance assistance provides a return of $1.90 in economic activity.

Please know citizens are watching the actions of Congress.

Sincerely,