Former Sen. Jim Bunning

Republican  •  Kentucky 2 Terms  •  Sworn In 1999
Last Term 2005 - 2010 View All

sharibear 07/07/2010 5:25pm
in reply to C570482 Jul 04, 2010 12:24pm
C570482 07/04/2010 12:24pm

Dear Senator Bunning:

I am writing to implore you to vote for HR 5618, S 3551 or one of the other bills to restore emergency unemployment compensation. I am aware that you have concerns about the funding for these extentions. I believe you all can come up with a solution that is a good fit.

It has been noted that in the past you have against for recent Bills to extend emergency unemployment benefits. Knowing you were a Major League Baseball player (with a great record) before becoming a Senator, you may not have a recent memory of being unemployed with no jobs in sight.

As you know, The Congressional Budget Office estimates that every federal dollar invested in unemployment insurance assistance provides a return of $1.90 in economic activity.

Please know citizens are watching the actions of Congress.

Sincerely,

Regina Poole
Philadelphia, PA

pelmof 06/29/2010 4:46am

Dear Senator Bunning,

chbg1921 06/28/2010 9:36pm

I am asking to please get something done about the unemployment extension. I just ran out of benefits today…I have worked non-stop until 2008 when my shop closed. This is ridiculous that I have to sit down and figure out how I am going to feed my son. I have a degree and the skills to aquire a job, the only problem is there aren’t any jobs. Come on now, please tell me how I am going to pay to keep a roof over my child’s head and feed him? Can you answer that? Oh I forgot you already showed your concern for the american people with your NAY vote.

Revolution 06/28/2010 7:03pm

You are a disgrace to your country and should be embarrassed to have the UNITED STATES in front of your title.4th of July is upon us-it reminds us of history and how the people can come together to make a difference.I hope you and your family meet the same outcome as the 15,000,000+ unemployed.You turned your back on the Citizens by playing games and stupid antics.Assistance needs to be offered to ease the minds of the families and allow continued dignity no matter the cost. You spend OUR money like water and the American people MUST and SHOULD be priority one!
“As good government is an empire of laws, how shall your laws be made? In a large society,inhabiting an extensive country,it is impossible that the whole should assemble to make laws. The first necessary step, then,is to depute power from the many to a few of the most wise and good.”
John Adams, Thoughts on Government, 1776
Obviously we dont have the few wise and good in the senate-but we have the power to change that.

AnnaSchaefer 06/20/2010 11:26pm

You and the rest of the Republicans are so transparent! President Obama, as well as us Americans, know what you are doing. Stalling and not voting on what the people want and need in this country. Do the job you were elected to do, and start voting! Your tactics in stalling is only going to back fire on you all. Show our President some respect. How you treat him, is a reflection on how you treat us Americans. We may have been fooled in the past, but not anymore! We The People have spoken by electing President Obama into office. We need change and we need it now! And quit blaming President Obama for the disaster in the Gulf. Enough is enough!

elleedr 06/18/2010 9:57am

If you are apart of the American unemployed or share the same views as the unemployed and want to have a peaceful march on Washington to show that we do need our unemployment or in support of unemployment, email me at unemploymentmarch@yahoo.com. This has to be done, a peaceful stand needs to take place soon to make a difference. Before a lot of Americans lose the little bit that they do have. We didn’t ask for the economy to be this way and it is not our fault that we can not find jobs all at the same time. We worked all of our lives and now that we need help, the people in congress is saying no! We are the ones that help pay for wars, national disasters, and the congressmen paychecks. Now they are telling us that they cannot pass a bill so we can feed and house our families. What is more important the “Oil Spill” or the unemployed and their children. I don’t think so, it’s time for a peaceful march, email me at unemploymentmarch@yahoo.com, to make a peaceful stand now.

DOUGLASFIELD 04/26/2010 12:25pm

DEAR SENATOR,

• CAN ANYONE EXPLAIN OTHER THEN SATAN HOW TEXAS GOVERNOR RICK PERRY ON ONE HAND PARDONS FORMER TEXAS INMATE TIMOTHY COLE WHO WAS WRONGFULLY EXECUTED WITHOUT BEING ALLOWED TO EXONERATE HIMSELF USING DNA TESTING IN TEXAS , AND WITHIN THE SAME MONTH THIS SAME GOVERNOR RICK PERRY OF TEXAS DENIES YET ANOTHER DNA TEST PRIOR ANOTHER POSSIBLE WRONGFUL EXECUTION OF HANK SKINNER ???
purplelilac3084 03/06/2010 7:14am

I am proud he stood up to the white house! I have been on unemployment for 1 1/2 years, and I am not angry at him. They passed a bill to pay as you go, and this is what he stood up for! He, like no other member of congress, is concerned they are bankrupting our country and OUR children and grandchildren are going to suffer from paying these trillions of dollars they do, without a blink of an eye. China owns more of our country then we do, so WAKE up people and realize he did the right thing.

Anjou99999 03/02/2010 1:54pm
in reply to elvaam Mar 02, 2010 12:14pm

Was that comment written by Senator Bunning, or one of his employees?

elvaam 03/02/2010 12:14pm

Finally a politician who has grown a spine to stand up to the spend happy White House and Democrat party.

briandamron46 02/27/2010 6:26am

unemployment extension.!
i find it hard to believe that its too much on our budget to keep people in their homes and to feed our people especially our children. you are a pathetic excuse for a human being. (as a working gulf war veteran that put his life on the line and had friends that did not come back.) you need to be dragged off the senate floor to the front steps of congress and be shot by a military firing squad for treason against the american people, and many other members also that do not care for the average american, but will help the wealthy and lobbyists when the revolution happens and it will some day i hope it ends up like the french revolution then you will get yours, what goes around comes around.

Anjou99999 02/26/2010 9:29am

Senator Bunning,and the party of NO…

First I would like to offer my condolences that you had to miss watching a basketball game last night,and instead felt that it was more important to
block the very thin lifeline that has been helping unemployed families
keep a modest amount of food on their tables.
Obviously, you can not relate to anyone who is below a six figure income through no fault of their own,but every minute that you obstruct these
Unemployment Benefits extensions, more children are going hungry,more houses are not able to keep their lights and heat on, and more families will be evicted or foreclosed upon in the middle of winter.

Can you even begin to imagine what that feels like as a parent? Obviously not.We are all watching C-Span, and you should be aware that no one has any doubt that your actions last night sprung from anything but corruption, greed and ambition.

Anonymous 02/23/2010 2:26pm

DOUGLASFIELD 02/03/2010 12:53pm

SENATOR,

• MANY MORE IN OUR U.S. CONGRESS ARE NOW FINDNG OUT THE TRUTH OTHER THEN SENATOR WEBB AND THOSE OTHERS IN THE NOW… IN CONGRESS

Spam Comment

joshuaamosley 07/10/2009 10:24pm

I am a fellow republican and would like to suggest and request that you as well as all other republicans vote to pass s.1230 and I urge congress to get this done soon as intrest rates are rising which will cause a slow down in the rebound of the realestate industry.

Anonymous 06/27/2008 6:08am

Thanks! for voting nay on S 3101 (Medicare Competitive Bidding Delay)…lets just turn this country into a socialistic society. Do you realize that by allowing competitive bidding you are making large companies get bigger and shutting down thousands of smaller Durable Medical Equipment companies, thus thousands of jobs have been lost. Medicare recipients have not been educated on this issue and are in for a scare. Thanks again….greed and money= US government!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous 02/13/2008 11:30am

Those who vote for unconstitutional warrentless wiretaps and vote to protect the criminals that violate our privacy are not worthy of the position they hold. It’s impossible to justify undermining the very essence of our constitution in order to protect it. Another sell out.

Official website: