Sen. Saxby Chambliss

Republican  •  Georgia  •  2nd Term  •  Sworn In 2003
Current Term 2009 - 2015 View All

• Anonymous 02/13/2008 11:32am

Those who vote for unconstitutional warrentless wiretaps and vote to protect the criminals that violate our privacy are not worthy of the position they hold. It’s impossible to justify undermining the very essence of our constitution in order to protect it. Another sell out.

• WinstonSmith 05/12/2008 11:01pm

Sponsored 25 bills, zero passed. Co-sponsored 212, passed 4.
    In any other business, would he still have a job?

I guess that’s actually good for us that he’s so ineffective, seeing what kind of person he is by what he did to war hero Max Cleland.

Anonymous 09/30/2008 9:09am

Max Cleland blew himself up in Vietnam. Do your homework, check the facts. And remember…“It is better to be thought a Fool than to open your mouth and prove it.”

• Filtered Comment [ show ]

jonjustin 06/25/2010 9:28am

Another old “fart”!

• Anonymous 06/27/2008 6:11am

Thanks! for voting nay on S 3101 (Medicare Competitive Bidding Delay)…lets just turn this country into a socialistic society. Do you realize that by allowing competitive bidding you are making large companies get bigger and shutting down thousands of smaller Durable Medical Equipment companies, thus thousands of jobs have been lost. Medicare recipients have not been educated on this issue and are in for a scare. Thanks again….greed and money= US government!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rugby6 10/24/2009 6:13am

You still singing that tune? Look where we’re at under the democrats…….wake up.

• Anonymous 07/30/2008 11:45am

I cannot wait for the November election so that I can cast my vote against Mr. Chambliss. I truly believe that he is nothing but a useless talking head for the has been republican party. Reviewing his voting record is enough to make me ill, especially considering that I made the egregious mistake of voting for him last time.

• Anonymous 09/30/2008 9:22am

It is amazing how many will whine and fit instead of thinking realistically. The jobs that leave this country do not belong to the people. They belong to the employer. The corporate taxes in this country are the second highest in the world. Behind only Japan. It is only good sense to take your company to where the taxes are the lowest. What our country needs is to drastically lower corporate taxes so the jobs will come back home. And the best thing would be to enact the FAIR TAX. Read it before you decide yea ot nay.

jdcamp143 02/24/2009 2:40pm

AMEN, Then the tax would be fair for everyone.

• ltnorton 03/27/2009 10:23am

How dare you and Isakson turn Commie and side with Obama, Pelozi, Reid, and bunch to vote for H.R. 1388! I’ve supported you every election, but you dare turn the electorate into SLAVES to do Obama’s bidding!!! I will work to rid the Senate of you and your “comradre in arms” to keep this country the home of the free and the brave.

So sad that we cannot trust the Republicans anymore to keep the country safe. First we are sold off to the Chinese, now we’re SLAVES to the Commies… THANKS! May I ask what’s next? This has been the worst couple of months in my life and to think someone I voted for played a part of it really stinks.

We will work to have you removed from the Senate along with all the others.

• Spam Comment

• Nebulator 12/09/2009 2:00pm

get CONSERVATIVE!

• Hera 01/30/2010 4:14am

This Elected Spender is just a sad joke as a Republican. Why this site shows he votes with the party 95% of the time I don’t know because Saxby only votes for his and his family and his friends best interests. If that happens to be the Conservative vote, good for us.
    He nearly lost the last election because so many of us Republicans/Moderates/Conservatives/Independants voted for the third party candidate in the general. That pushed him into a special election with the Democrat. All my friends came out for the special and voted against the Democrat not for Saxby. I don’t think he will run again.
    Johnny is just as bad. So as far as I am concerned we should get rid of both of these RINO’s. They just voted to reaffirm the Fed. Chairman. Do you call that a Republican vote?
    All we can do is vote them out. And keep voting them out until they STOP THE SPENDING and DEFEND MY REPUBLIC and my CONSTITUTION. NOTHING ELSE!!!!!!!

• Spam Comment

• Anonymous 02/21/2010 4:31am

• Anonymous 02/23/2010 5:42pm

• DOUGLASFIELD 04/26/2010 11:36am

DEAR SENATOR,

• CAN ANYONE EXPLAIN OTHER THEN SATAN HOW TEXAS GOVERNOR RICK PERRY ON ONE HAND PARDONS FORMER TEXAS INMATE TIMOTHY COLE WHO WAS WRONGFULLY EXECUTED WITHOUT BEING ALLOWED TO EXONERATE HIMSELF USING DNA TESTING IN TEXAS , AND WITHIN THE SAME MONTH THIS SAME GOVERNOR RICK PERRY OF TEXAS DENIES YET ANOTHER DNA TEST PRIOR ANOTHER POSSIBLE WRONGFUL EXECUTION OF HANK SKINNER ???
  • Spam Comment

• Spam Comment

• cateyes2010 06/24/2010 7:45pm

It’s real unfortunate that you would vote NO on the unemployment extension, when this state leads the nation in bank failures and foreclosures. You would think that you would try everything you could to stabilize the state’s economy. With you voting NO, that did not help in stabilizing this state’s economy. Do you care about the poor and unfortunate? No; only the Fortunate. Or, is it a people matter? Yes; you only care about yours (THE RICH). Georgia is not the United States of Georgia. It is a part of the United States of America and it is a melting pot of all people; poor, middle class, rich, black, brown, red, tan, and white. I just pray crime does not continue to go up and a civil war does not break out because of poverty in this state. What ever happen to the philosophy that Georgia represents Openness?

• jonjustin 06/25/2010 9:27am

Saxby is and will always be a selfish “asshole”. I will happy when the day come and all the old farts have died off. A new world is coming and it cannot be stopped!

• Spam Comment

• chbg1921 06/28/2010 9:38pm

I am asking to please get something done about the unemployment extension. I just ran out of benefits today…I have worked non-stop until 2008 when my shop closed. This is ridiculous that I have to sit down and figure out how I am going to feed my son. I have a degree and the skills to aquire a job, the only problem is there aren’t any jobs. Come on now, please tell me how I am going to pay to keep a roof over my child’s head and feed him? Can you answer that? Oh I forgot you already showed your concern for the american people with your NAY vote.

• pelmof 06/29/2010 4:18am

Dear Senator Chambliss,

• dsalvat1 07/01/2010 7:54am

I am a conservative and still do not understand why would you vote against the extension of unemployment insurance. You must have some brass balls to deny people an income after THEY PAID ONTO for this insurance and take a “vacation”.
    I understand the issue on overspending but really, what comprehensive solutions do you offer? Have you created new jobs or incentives for small businesses? Get a clue “Saxby”.

• wls1012 07/01/2010 8:55am

I am an unemployed voter and NO is what I will vote when it is time for re-election. Since that is the only vote you know how to cast.NO I will not be supporting you, because NO you don’t support me.I have never been ashamed to be an American until now.Our government has elected to fund 2 wars, without paying for it.Our government has elected to fund a bailout for banks, without paying for it.Our government has elected to fund a bailout for insurance companies, without paying for it.Now they have the opportunity to fund EMERGENCY Unemployment and they choose NO.I am sick to death about how the hard working people of this country are being treated.While you sit up in Washington and play politics, millions of unemployed are at home trying to figure out how they will feed, clothe, and put a roof over their families heads.Where is your heart Mr.Senator.What if it was your family being threatened with homelessness?I wonder would you let that happen.For my family that is what you are doing.

• pamtech70 07/01/2010 11:15am

And I voted for you? I will NEVER make that mistake again. We are all losing our minds, our cars, our houses, can barely get groceries, pay rent & utilities etc….I have been looking for work, had started back to school, since my 1st degree is not working??!! Busting my BUTT, hitting the BOOKS! which is very hard with, a family, being 40, and NOW…I am broke! I wont be returning back to my 2nd quarter, which would have been on July 6th. Thanks to all my GEORGIA Reps. I hope YOU have a WONDEREFUL 11-12 day HOLIDAY! Because we won’t …….

Why? Can you give US a reason? Just one, Maybe it will help us understand..

• Spam Comment

• satman_ga 01/23/2012 12:26pm

Just another flip-flopper. At least this time he flipped in the right direction. I love how just prior to withdrawing sponsorship of PIPA he defends his sponsorship.

Jan 18 2012
    “I believe that online theft is a serious issue, and that Congress does need to make certain that the law adequately protects the interests of rights holders. Not only do we need to be concerned about intellectual property, such as movies and books, but also items such as counterfeit toothpaste or mouthwash from China that pose serious safety issues to all Americans. Because of this, I am a co-sponsor of the PROTECT IP Act. I have listened to the concerns of many Georgians and I agree that these concerns must be addressed. Congress should avoid rushing through a bill that could have many unintended consequences. However, as a co-sponsor I am in a better position legislatively to voice my concerns, and craft legislation that addresses Internet piracy while still protecting free and open access to the Internet.”

Official website: