Sen. John Cornyn

Republican  •  Texas  •  3rd Term  •  Sworn In 2002
Current Term 2009 - 2015 View All

• rwcarter 08/16/2009 6:15am

I am a card carrying Republican, and have always voted conservative. I will not vote for anyone who supports the Holt-Blair bill or Obamacare. Entitlement does NOT work. Look around the world.

• fortermlimits 09/07/2009 7:44pm

Are you sure you are Republican? Can’t believe you voted for HR2454. Guess you will vote for HR 45 and HR3200 also. Guess you don’t want to be re-elected in 2014. You are losing votes fast.

Kythas 09/17/2009 7:44am

How could Sen. Cornyn have voted for this bill when it hasn’t come to a vote in the Senate? This was a House bill, not a Senate bill.

• sarabialb 09/26/2009 10:30am

We need National Health Care Plan with a Public Option.

• DOUGLASFIELD 10/16/2009 11:12pm
    • POORER AMERICAN ACTIVE DUTY U.S. MILITARY AROUND THE WORLD WHO ARE RISKING AND LOSING THEIR LIVES FOR ALL OF US ~ HAVE FAMILIES BACK HOME WHO ARE ALSO DYING WITHOUT HEALTH*CARE *
      ~ PRESIDENT OBAMA AND U.S. SENATOR OLYMPIA SNOWE OF MAINE BOTH KNOW THAT ANY FUTURE HEALTH
      CARE PLAN FOR OUR NEW AMERICA NEEDS TO ALSO ENCOMPASS ALL FAMILY MEMBERS OF ACTIVE DUTY MILITARY MEMBERS…ANYTHING LESS WOULD BE UN*AMERICAN ~
      JUST MAYBE AMERICA NEEDS A FEW MORE REVOLVING DOORS IN OUR U.S. CONGRESS *
      OUR COUNTRY COULD REALLY USE MANY MORE SINCERE AMERICANS LIKE THIS SPECIAL U.S.SENATOR OLYMPIA SNOWE FROM MAINE WHO CONSIDERS THIS COUNTRIES 45 MILLION POOR AMERICAN MEN WOMEN AND CHILDREN WITHOUT PROPER HEALTH CARE LIKE HER OWN FAMILY AHEAD OF HER ELECTED POLITICAL FAMILY **
      45 MILLION POORER AMERICANS HAVE OBVIOUSLY BEEN TOUCHED BY AN ANGEL WITH THE PEOPLES U.S. SENATOR SNOWE OF MAINE.
      LAWYERS FOR POOR AMERICANS CAN BE FOUND WITH ANY SEARCH ENGINE.
      424-247-2013
  • alainanoel 10/28/2009 9:09am

Senator Cornyn, as a constituent of your area and a voter for I can NOT believe you voted NAY for the Unemployment Extension On Oct. 28.
    How dare you? Are you gonna hire my husband? Pay for things my daughter needs ?? my electric/water/car bills??? NO so the only other way till somebody gets off the H1B band wagon and hires my husband is UE. I can’t get a job..no one will hire me as I"ve been a SAHM carring for my family for over 10yrs and there are waaaay to many people that have been in the work force to hire over me… BUT we continue to look pray we keep our home/car (we only have 1 now..try to pay car insurance and most other bills…. I’m ashamed to say I voted for you the first time…didn’t make the same mistake twice tho….

baylorfrawg 01/06/2010 2:01pm

As I can appreciate your situation, I feel you are being pretty unreasonable. How many extensions would be reasonable? What do you feel would be appropriate amount of time to pay someone to not work? Now, I can assume your husband is not one of the minority of people who would gladly not work forever if they received unemployment benefits indefinitely.

There are many other ways to get your husband back to working. Those avenues however, are not suitable to the current administration. Senator Cornyn would gladly lower income tax rates on businesses and individuals to help drive hiring and spending. But since, according to Congress, business are evil, they must be taxes.

Businesses pay all of our bills. Not the government. Senator Cornyn is on your side.

Chadevic 03/18/2010 7:22pm

I have to respond to that pathetic assumtion that people would not work if they get unemployment insurance. Do you know that they only receive a max of $314 a week. Could you live and support a family on that? In order to get that amount, the typical person would have to have had a job pay $40000 a year. I don’t think that getting $314 a week would solve ribs persons problems.
    Please be careful before casting broad opinions without thinking through all facts.

dankennedy73 06/22/2010 7:31pm

You might as well give it up, Idiots don’t bother to research any facts like you obviously do.

• justoneman 11/08/2009 3:14am

The voters will hold all of you accountable come Election Day for selling THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA TO China by passing and letting your other brethren to pass bills we cannot afford. I think the first spending cut should be in politician’s salaries. However, I am just one man with only one vote but I am not the only one who feels this way and you all in DC will reap what you sew come Election Day.

• ashlung06 01/01/2010 8:36pm

We need food safety laws to protect the food we are eating!

baylorfrawg 01/06/2010 1:50pm

We have food safely laws. Perhaps you should be a little more specific.

dankennedy73 07/02/2010 9:46am

How about ones that are actually enforced and work to protect our fellow Americans. I believe the FDA needs an ‘overhaul’ in terms of legislation. there is too much stuff they let slip through that is killing Americans without them even knowing it might be dangerous.

• Spam Comment

• Spam Comment

• elleedr 06/18/2010 10:06am

If you are apart of the American unemployed or share the same views as the unemployed and want to have a peaceful march on Washington to show that we do need our unemployment or in support of unemployment, email me at unemploymentmarch@yahoo.com. This has to be done, a peaceful stand needs to take place soon to make a difference. Before a lot of Americans lose the little bit that they do have. We didn’t ask for the economy to be this way and it is not our fault that we can not find jobs all at the same time. We worked all of our lives and now that we need help, the people in congress is saying no! We are the ones that help pay for wars, national disasters, and the congressmen paychecks. Now they are telling us that they cannot pass a bill so we can feed and house our families. What is more important the “Oil Spill” or the unemployed and their children. I don’t think so, it’s time for a peaceful march, email me at unemploymentmarch@yahoo.com, to make a peaceful stand now.

• Spam Comment

• plmcdowelltx1 06/21/2010 1:20pm

When you held the position of the Attorney General of Texas your office was absolutely no help to help to me while I was trying to recover the more than $18K my exhusband owed me in back child support for my oldest daugther. Now you are a US Senator, once again your office is of no assistance. I am now raising two young children and have been unemployed for more than a year. The $392 I draw each week in unemployment is the only reason we are not homeless! I have worked, paid taxes and social security for more than 30 years. I am 25 years away from being able to draw social security, for which I am sure I will never see a dime due to government’s overspending and I’m not talking about overspending on unemployment extensions! I have also been a lifelong Republican but not anymore. You and Kay Bailey Hutchinson will both receive a nay vote from me come re-election time and hopefully from everyone else I can convince to do the same!

• ayk7795 06/28/2010 5:18pm

It time for some body else

• Spam Comment

• pelmof 06/29/2010 6:48am

Dear Senator Cornyn,

• Spam Comment

• ryandkaiser 12/15/2010 5:29pm

Senator Cornyn is an ear-marking hypocrite.

• TXProgressive 12/22/2010 3:14pm

It’s fairly obvious what the Republican position is on unemployment:

“Good luck”

John Cornyn, in this respect you are excellent at towing the party line.

• wlpeak 07/04/2012 11:42am

Where can I get a copy of the current Senate Heathcare Plans and the Proposed new ones under the PPACA?

Official website: