Sen. John Cornyn

Republican  •  Texas  •  3rd Term  •  Sworn In 2002
Current Term 2009 - 2015 View All

• Filtered Comment [ show ]

bsolution 07/07/2008 5:30pm

Senator Cornyn is for the working man with the American Dream. Those who work should keep most of their rewards not give them up so some liberal can buy votes from some lazy scumbag.

dankennedy73 09/06/2009 7:41pm

Yeah…He’s some real American hero isn’t he! Does everything he said he wouldn’t do during his previous campaighn, yep……real trustworthy!!!!!!!

x684867 11/04/2009 2:50am

Yeah… and S. 2582 (“A bill to suspend temporarily the duty on certain knit-to-shape pullovers for women or girls”) is not just another example of why the US Congress is NOT more out of touch with the people?

…How about a biennial Congress, Big John? How many tax dollars could you save there if we weren’t supporting the “congressional welfare” system year-round?

nuspirits 07/12/2010 1:28pm

For the working man, Really? What about the man who worked all his life and now can not find a job? What about the woman who has a degree and still can not find a job. Me and my wife are far from “criminals” and/or people who take advantage of the system (you know the lazy scum bags that you seem to make us unemployed look like). Went to school, worked hard, got a home, had a family and now it is being taken away, why you say? Because of the arrogance of the silver spoon Senators who will not implement anything to help us out (you know the ones who voted for you). I have not even got to tier one and my benefits were taken away, at least have the heart to give EVERYONE the same chance of looking for work with out becoming homeless in the process (which we are about a week away from being with out a place to live…our saving only lasted us a few months and it has been total of 4 with out any luck in finding work.

• Filtered Comment [ show ]

gasch 04/07/2009 10:36am

Ignorance is truly the most expensive commodity…and I bet you are expensive.

• Anonymous 03/06/2008 10:00am

WE NEED HELP. I’M EVEN SEEING BLOGS FROM YOUR CITIZENS NOW IN TEXAS RUNNING OUT OF UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS WITH 100 PEOPLE AT EVERY JOB OPENING, IT’S UNBELIEVABLE, I KNOW WHEN THE PEOPLE OF TEXAS HAVE TO SIGN UP FOR UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS THE COUNTRY IS HEADING FOR A BIG FAT MELT DOWN..

• Anonymous 03/15/2008 6:10pm

i want to commet on the non violent crimes of federal prisoners who have been convicted of crimes of drugs. i think they should be peroled. annomunos. thank you

jrledbetter 11/04/2009 1:09pm

Maybe you should join them. I hear they teach you how to spell there.

mellenw007 12/04/2009 3:22pm

Mr JR Ledbetter. Thousands are in jail for simple possesion of marijuana which is less harmfull that alchohol. Don’t you think it is about time to make pot legal and add it to the list of sin-taxable items? The war on drugs is a failing, time to try new approach.
    You were pretty rough on a simple anonymous typographical error, mate.

RU4Real 07/16/2011 7:07pm

You have to be kidding? Maybe we should legalize all drugs. Maybe they should make Vicodin OTC. RU4Real?

• sgt1439 04/29/2008 3:05pm

As we see the gas prices rise we see who on the top of the list in money. He and Bush must own Oil property in Texas. The rich are getting richer and the poor are getting poorer. All the prices are going up but, one thing is not. That would be our pay!One thing is for sure the oil companies recorded record breaking profits for the 1st quarter. That seems to be happening alot. When the government going to help or step in?

jeremiah77494 09/02/2009 4:14am

You want the government to step in and do WHAT? Everything they touch fails. Do you hate every industry that is prosperous, because I’m sure there are certain prosperous industries tied directly to Democrats. Do you think for yourself, or let the unions govern your miserable life? Why are you jealous of people who own land where oil and natural gas is abundant…this is a free country and if you are feeling left out, go and buy some of that “evil” property. I will never understand a mind that desires control! “When is the government going to help or step in?”…What a joke. Give me freedom, or give me death.

RU4Real 07/16/2011 7:11pm

Does Bush now have an oilfield on Foreign soil? Perhaps you should research why gas prices are really so high. In fact if we could drill more in the U.S. Gas prices would go down, jobs would open up, food prices would go down….

• Filtered Comment [ show ]

• jasaminetmi 01/23/2009 12:56pm

Typical Cornyn no mind of his own goes with the party How did he win that last election…

dankennedy73 07/02/2010 9:34am

Becuase most Texanzs who vote are brainwashed conservatives, and most texans who are not conservative do not vote becuase they either see no point or they are fed up with everything. Either way it’s the same story. I live in Texas right now and I am ashamed to call most of the people I run into here all the time ‘fellow Americans.’ They are uneducated, almost fanatically religiouls, and they constantly praise Bush, Rush Limbuagh, Glen Beck, and Ann Coulter as the wisest people of their day. That’s how idiots like Cornyn get elected.

• Fish 02/05/2009 4:51am

This country is in dire straits and Republicans like Cornyn are playing Rush Limbaugh obstructionist politics for their petty partisan ideas. I crossed over to vote for Obama and I am glad I did. The Republican Party is full of losers.

x60pilot 08/24/2009 5:42pm

Hi FISH, so how is that stimulus working for you now? Have you seen the latest CBO (non-partisan) figures on the DEBT Bary’s runnin’ up? 9.0 TRILLION over the next 10 years!!! Yeah, I know it’s all Bush’s fault. While we have our share of loosers, Snowe, Spectre, to name a couple, the Republicans want to put a stop to the run-away “Obama Administration Spending.”

• L8blumR 02/06/2009 11:47pm

STOP SPENDING TAXPAYER MONEY! IF IT REQUIRES FINANCING, IT REQUIRES MY MONEY. AND I JUST SAID NO!

THE STIMULUS PACKAGE IS MORE FAT THAN STIMULUS. JUST VOTE NO!

• USAF09 02/11/2009 2:31pm

This is for every one that voted for BO. The so called Stimulus bill will cause welfare spending to increase more than 20% rising from $491 billion in FY2008 to $601 billion in FY2009.This would be the largest expansion of welfare in the nation’s history. I guess this is only the beginning of Obama’s pledge to “Joe the Plumber” to “spread the wealth around”. The basic goal of the stimulus is spreading the wealth, not reviving the economy. It will only add a growing number of people dependent on the government. It is leading us towards a Socialist economy which means the end of prosperity, any personal dreams, individual initiative ( why work we have welfare), and a complete CHANGE to the AMERICA we have known.

• Anonymous 02/17/2009 2:51am

H.R. 45 Blair Holt Firearm Licensing & Record of Sale Act of 2009, is horrible please make every effort to prevent this bill from passing.

b58 04/23/2009 12:16pm

H.R.45 is another move the liberal socialist marxist in Washington to disarm America. We already have gun laws and back ground checks.Every law they pass is another move to disarming America. As soon as they pass each one they will in time pass another until no one has a gun of any type in the end. Just think about it.

• Anonymous 02/17/2009 10:57pm

IF JC isn’t your senator Don’t comment he has no responsibility to you or your state.

JC please push to keep my money out of the government. I don’t work to pay for other people. America needs responsibility not money spent.

• ronmon 02/19/2009 11:20am

Help defeat HR45.

Having owned guns for over 50 years, I have never used them against anyone (nor plan to) but would if forced within the confines of my own property with justification such as protecting my family from bodily harm. If I cannot protect my family and property by myself then I know the Police can’t be there fast enough to keep home intruders at bay. A lot can happen in the 5-15 mins for the police requires to respond. I am pretty sure I could stop a intruder long enough for the police to arrive if I had a gun. I am too old to use other means to protect myself such as a Bat or knife.

I think this Bill HR 45 will just increase the black-market for guns and make the ones we have more valuable. It’s kind of like the Drug Market… they are against the law and the market is very profitable for them. This bill will not stop crime…. criminals will have guns.

you don’t have to shoot intruders and trouble makers to in order to make them think twice before committing an act of aggression. Just show them your armed too.

HR 45 is not taking the nation the right direction basically because we don’t trust the government to stop there. Read up on what happened in Britain… they don’t have firearms and crime has increased and the people are outraged and defenseless.

• Anonymous 02/20/2009 4:20pm

To those who actually believe that HR45 was created to make the crime rate go down; don’t fool yourselves.

What is disguised as a bill to protect American citizens from criminals who own guns, is really a subliminal attempt at making it only more difficult for law-abiding citizens to own guns, whether for sport or protection from home invasion / self-defense. Don’t let Congress pull the wool over your eyes, because any criminal can and will get ahold of a gun, no matter what; usually, through illegal means. So regardless of HR45, there will always be criminals, who only more so will be committing violent crimes before, during and after it is passed (heaven forbid if it is). When push comes to shove, it will be the woman with children, alone during the long day while her husband is at work, within the city and with no other method of defense; whose life will be at stake.

• neosin 02/23/2009 9:27am

Open Carry full rights of guns to the people!

NOW!

• Anonymous 03/02/2009 3:47am

Senator Cornyn, I as a citizen of our great state of Texas and of our great and wonderful United States of America, ask that you use your infulence to stop any legislation such as HR 45, to take away our rights as citizens of this great nation. I believe that our Bill of Rights are one of the chief reasons that we are such a great and wonderful nation. They should not be infringed upon. Thank you.

• Anonymous 03/02/2009 9:20am

Senator Cornyn, as one of your constituents, and a previous voter for you, I am asking that you do everything in your power to defeat HR45. This bill is a slap in the face to all of the former and current members of the armed forces (my father was a United States Marine, Korea, 1950-1951). They have all made too many sacrifices for to sit idly by and watch the liberals destroy our Country, and our Constitution.
    Thank you.