Sen. John Cornyn

Republican  •  Texas  •  3rd Term  •  Sworn In 2002
Current Term 2009 - 2015 View All

wlpeak 07/04/2012 11:42am

Where can I get a copy of the current Senate Heathcare Plans and the Proposed new ones under the PPACA?

RU4Real 07/16/2011 7:11pm
in reply to sgt1439 Apr 29, 2008 3:05pm

Does Bush now have an oilfield on Foreign soil? Perhaps you should research why gas prices are really so high. In fact if we could drill more in the U.S. Gas prices would go down, jobs would open up, food prices would go down….

RU4Real 07/16/2011 7:07pm
in reply to mellenw007 Dec 04, 2009 3:22pm

You have to be kidding? Maybe we should legalize all drugs. Maybe they should make Vicodin OTC. RU4Real?

TXProgressive 12/22/2010 3:14pm

It’s fairly obvious what the Republican position is on unemployment:

“Good luck”

John Cornyn, in this respect you are excellent at towing the party line.

ryandkaiser 12/15/2010 5:29pm

Senator Cornyn is an ear-marking hypocrite.

nuspirits 07/12/2010 1:28pm
in reply to bsolution Jul 07, 2008 5:30pm

For the working man, Really? What about the man who worked all his life and now can not find a job? What about the woman who has a degree and still can not find a job. Me and my wife are far from “criminals” and/or people who take advantage of the system (you know the lazy scum bags that you seem to make us unemployed look like). Went to school, worked hard, got a home, had a family and now it is being taken away, why you say? Because of the arrogance of the silver spoon Senators who will not implement anything to help us out (you know the ones who voted for you). I have not even got to tier one and my benefits were taken away, at least have the heart to give EVERYONE the same chance of looking for work with out becoming homeless in the process (which we are about a week away from being with out a place to live…our saving only lasted us a few months and it has been total of 4 with out any luck in finding work.

Spam Comment

dankennedy73 07/02/2010 9:46am
in reply to baylorfrawg Jan 06, 2010 1:50pm

How about ones that are actually enforced and work to protect our fellow Americans. I believe the FDA needs an ‘overhaul’ in terms of legislation. there is too much stuff they let slip through that is killing Americans without them even knowing it might be dangerous.

dankennedy73 07/02/2010 9:34am
in reply to jasaminetmi Jan 23, 2009 12:56pm

Becuase most Texanzs who vote are brainwashed conservatives, and most texans who are not conservative do not vote becuase they either see no point or they are fed up with everything. Either way it’s the same story. I live in Texas right now and I am ashamed to call most of the people I run into here all the time ‘fellow Americans.’ They are uneducated, almost fanatically religiouls, and they constantly praise Bush, Rush Limbuagh, Glen Beck, and Ann Coulter as the wisest people of their day. That’s how idiots like Cornyn get elected.

pelmof 06/29/2010 6:48am

Dear Senator Cornyn,

Revolution 06/28/2010 7:29pm

You are a disgrace to your country and should be embarrassed to have the UNITED STATES in front of your title.4th of July is upon us-it reminds us of history and how the people can come together to make a difference.I hope you and your family meet the same outcome as the 15,000,000+ unemployed.You turned your back on the Citizens by playing games and stupid antics.Assistance needs to be offered to ease the minds of the families and allow continued dignity no matter the cost. You spend OUR money like water and the American people MUST and SHOULD be priority one!
“As good government is an empire of laws, how shall your laws be made? In a large society,inhabiting an extensive country,it is impossible that the whole should assemble to make laws. The first necessary step, then,is to depute power from the many to a few of the most wise and good.”
John Adams, Thoughts on Government, 1776
Obviously we dont have the few wise and good in the senate-but we have the power to change that.

ayk7795 06/28/2010 5:18pm

It time for some body else

dankennedy73 06/22/2010 7:31pm
in reply to Chadevic Mar 18, 2010 7:22pm

You might as well give it up, Idiots don’t bother to research any facts like you obviously do.

plmcdowelltx1 06/21/2010 1:20pm

When you held the position of the Attorney General of Texas your office was absolutely no help to help to me while I was trying to recover the more than $18K my exhusband owed me in back child support for my oldest daugther. Now you are a US Senator, once again your office is of no assistance. I am now raising two young children and have been unemployed for more than a year. The $392 I draw each week in unemployment is the only reason we are not homeless! I have worked, paid taxes and social security for more than 30 years. I am 25 years away from being able to draw social security, for which I am sure I will never see a dime due to government’s overspending and I’m not talking about overspending on unemployment extensions! I have also been a lifelong Republican but not anymore. You and Kay Bailey Hutchinson will both receive a nay vote from me come re-election time and hopefully from everyone else I can convince to do the same!

Spam Comment

elleedr 06/18/2010 10:06am

If you are apart of the American unemployed or share the same views as the unemployed and want to have a peaceful march on Washington to show that we do need our unemployment or in support of unemployment, email me at unemploymentmarch@yahoo.com. This has to be done, a peaceful stand needs to take place soon to make a difference. Before a lot of Americans lose the little bit that they do have. We didn’t ask for the economy to be this way and it is not our fault that we can not find jobs all at the same time. We worked all of our lives and now that we need help, the people in congress is saying no! We are the ones that help pay for wars, national disasters, and the congressmen paychecks. Now they are telling us that they cannot pass a bill so we can feed and house our families. What is more important the “Oil Spill” or the unemployed and their children. I don’t think so, it’s time for a peaceful march, email me at unemploymentmarch@yahoo.com, to make a peaceful stand now.

Spam Comment

Chadevic 03/18/2010 7:22pm
in reply to baylorfrawg Jan 06, 2010 2:01pm

I have to respond to that pathetic assumtion that people would not work if they get unemployment insurance. Do you know that they only receive a max of $314 a week. Could you live and support a family on that? In order to get that amount, the typical person would have to have had a job pay $40000 a year. I don’t think that getting $314 a week would solve ribs persons problems.
Please be careful before casting broad opinions without thinking through all facts.

DOUGLASFIELD 02/03/2010 12:03pm

SENATOR,

• MANY MORE IN OUR U.S. CONGRESS ARE NOW FINDNG OUT THE TRUTH OTHER THEN SENATOR WEBB AND THOSE OTHERS IN THE NOW… IN CONGRESS
baylorfrawg 01/06/2010 2:01pm
in reply to alainanoel Oct 28, 2009 9:09am

As I can appreciate your situation, I feel you are being pretty unreasonable. How many extensions would be reasonable? What do you feel would be appropriate amount of time to pay someone to not work? Now, I can assume your husband is not one of the minority of people who would gladly not work forever if they received unemployment benefits indefinitely.

There are many other ways to get your husband back to working. Those avenues however, are not suitable to the current administration. Senator Cornyn would gladly lower income tax rates on businesses and individuals to help drive hiring and spending. But since, according to Congress, business are evil, they must be taxes.

Businesses pay all of our bills. Not the government. Senator Cornyn is on your side.

baylorfrawg 01/06/2010 1:50pm
in reply to ashlung06 Jan 01, 2010 8:36pm

We have food safely laws. Perhaps you should be a little more specific.

ashlung06 01/01/2010 8:36pm

We need food safety laws to protect the food we are eating!

mellenw007 12/04/2009 3:22pm
in reply to jrledbetter Nov 04, 2009 1:09pm

Mr JR Ledbetter. Thousands are in jail for simple possesion of marijuana which is less harmfull that alchohol. Don’t you think it is about time to make pot legal and add it to the list of sin-taxable items? The war on drugs is a failing, time to try new approach.
You were pretty rough on a simple anonymous typographical error, mate.

justoneman 11/08/2009 3:14am

The voters will hold all of you accountable come Election Day for selling THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA TO China by passing and letting your other brethren to pass bills we cannot afford. I think the first spending cut should be in politician’s salaries. However, I am just one man with only one vote but I am not the only one who feels this way and you all in DC will reap what you sew come Election Day.

jrledbetter 11/04/2009 1:09pm
in reply to Anonymous Mar 15, 2008 6:10pm

Maybe you should join them. I hear they teach you how to spell there.

x684867 11/04/2009 2:50am
in reply to bsolution Jul 07, 2008 5:30pm

Yeah… and S. 2582 (“A bill to suspend temporarily the duty on certain knit-to-shape pullovers for women or girls”) is not just another example of why the US Congress is NOT more out of touch with the people?

…How about a biennial Congress, Big John? How many tax dollars could you save there if we weren’t supporting the “congressional welfare” system year-round?

alainanoel 10/28/2009 9:09am

Senator Cornyn, as a constituent of your area and a voter for I can NOT believe you voted NAY for the Unemployment Extension On Oct. 28.
How dare you? Are you gonna hire my husband? Pay for things my daughter needs ?? my electric/water/car bills??? NO so the only other way till somebody gets off the H1B band wagon and hires my husband is UE. I can’t get a job..no one will hire me as I"ve been a SAHM carring for my family for over 10yrs and there are waaaay to many people that have been in the work force to hire over me… BUT we continue to look pray we keep our home/car (we only have 1 now..try to pay car insurance and most other bills…. I’m ashamed to say I voted for you the first time…didn’t make the same mistake twice tho….

DOUGLASFIELD 10/16/2009 11:12pm
  • POORER AMERICAN ACTIVE DUTY U.S. MILITARY AROUND THE WORLD WHO ARE RISKING AND LOSING THEIR LIVES FOR ALL OF US ~ HAVE FAMILIES BACK HOME WHO ARE ALSO DYING WITHOUT HEALTH*CARE *
    ~ PRESIDENT OBAMA AND U.S. SENATOR OLYMPIA SNOWE OF MAINE BOTH KNOW THAT ANY FUTURE HEALTH
    CARE PLAN FOR OUR NEW AMERICA NEEDS TO ALSO ENCOMPASS ALL FAMILY MEMBERS OF ACTIVE DUTY MILITARY MEMBERS…ANYTHING LESS WOULD BE UN*AMERICAN ~
    JUST MAYBE AMERICA NEEDS A FEW MORE REVOLVING DOORS IN OUR U.S. CONGRESS *
    OUR COUNTRY COULD REALLY USE MANY MORE SINCERE AMERICANS LIKE THIS SPECIAL U.S.SENATOR OLYMPIA SNOWE FROM MAINE WHO CONSIDERS THIS COUNTRIES 45 MILLION POOR AMERICAN MEN WOMEN AND CHILDREN WITHOUT PROPER HEALTH CARE LIKE HER OWN FAMILY AHEAD OF HER ELECTED POLITICAL FAMILY **
    45 MILLION POORER AMERICANS HAVE OBVIOUSLY BEEN TOUCHED BY AN ANGEL WITH THE PEOPLES U.S. SENATOR SNOWE OF MAINE.
    LAWYERS FOR POOR AMERICANS CAN BE FOUND WITH ANY SEARCH ENGINE.
    424-247-2013
sarabialb 09/26/2009 10:30am

We need National Health Care Plan with a Public Option.

Kythas 09/17/2009 7:44am
in reply to fortermlimits Sep 07, 2009 7:44pm

How could Sen. Cornyn have voted for this bill when it hasn’t come to a vote in the Senate? This was a House bill, not a Senate bill.

Official website: