Sen. John Cornyn

Republican  •  Texas  •  3rd Term  •  Sworn In 2002
Current Term 2009 - 2015 View All

mellenw007 12/04/2009 3:22pm
in reply to jrledbetter Nov 04, 2009 1:09pm

Mr JR Ledbetter. Thousands are in jail for simple possesion of marijuana which is less harmfull that alchohol. Don’t you think it is about time to make pot legal and add it to the list of sin-taxable items? The war on drugs is a failing, time to try new approach.
You were pretty rough on a simple anonymous typographical error, mate.

Spam Comment

jasaminetmi 01/23/2009 12:56pm

Typical Cornyn no mind of his own goes with the party How did he win that last election…

plmcdowelltx1 06/21/2010 1:20pm

When you held the position of the Attorney General of Texas your office was absolutely no help to help to me while I was trying to recover the more than $18K my exhusband owed me in back child support for my oldest daugther. Now you are a US Senator, once again your office is of no assistance. I am now raising two young children and have been unemployed for more than a year. The $392 I draw each week in unemployment is the only reason we are not homeless! I have worked, paid taxes and social security for more than 30 years. I am 25 years away from being able to draw social security, for which I am sure I will never see a dime due to government’s overspending and I’m not talking about overspending on unemployment extensions! I have also been a lifelong Republican but not anymore. You and Kay Bailey Hutchinson will both receive a nay vote from me come re-election time and hopefully from everyone else I can convince to do the same!

pelmof 06/29/2010 6:48am

Dear Senator Cornyn,

Anonymous 03/15/2008 6:10pm

i want to commet on the non violent crimes of federal prisoners who have been convicted of crimes of drugs. i think they should be peroled. annomunos. thank you

alainanoel 10/28/2009 9:09am

Senator Cornyn, as a constituent of your area and a voter for I can NOT believe you voted NAY for the Unemployment Extension On Oct. 28.
How dare you? Are you gonna hire my husband? Pay for things my daughter needs ?? my electric/water/car bills??? NO so the only other way till somebody gets off the H1B band wagon and hires my husband is UE. I can’t get a job..no one will hire me as I"ve been a SAHM carring for my family for over 10yrs and there are waaaay to many people that have been in the work force to hire over me… BUT we continue to look pray we keep our home/car (we only have 1 now..try to pay car insurance and most other bills…. I’m ashamed to say I voted for you the first time…didn’t make the same mistake twice tho….

ayk7795 06/28/2010 5:18pm

It time for some body else

rwcarter 08/16/2009 6:15am

I am a card carrying Republican, and have always voted conservative. I will not vote for anyone who supports the Holt-Blair bill or Obamacare. Entitlement does NOT work. Look around the world.

neosin 02/23/2009 9:27am

Open Carry full rights of guns to the people!

NOW!

Anonymous 03/06/2008 10:00am

WE NEED HELP. I’M EVEN SEEING BLOGS FROM YOUR CITIZENS NOW IN TEXAS RUNNING OUT OF UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS WITH 100 PEOPLE AT EVERY JOB OPENING, IT’S UNBELIEVABLE, I KNOW WHEN THE PEOPLE OF TEXAS HAVE TO SIGN UP FOR UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS THE COUNTRY IS HEADING FOR A BIG FAT MELT DOWN..

Spam Comment

justoneman 11/08/2009 3:14am

The voters will hold all of you accountable come Election Day for selling THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA TO China by passing and letting your other brethren to pass bills we cannot afford. I think the first spending cut should be in politician’s salaries. However, I am just one man with only one vote but I am not the only one who feels this way and you all in DC will reap what you sew come Election Day.

x684867 11/04/2009 2:50am
in reply to bsolution Jul 07, 2008 5:30pm

Yeah… and S. 2582 (“A bill to suspend temporarily the duty on certain knit-to-shape pullovers for women or girls”) is not just another example of why the US Congress is NOT more out of touch with the people?

…How about a biennial Congress, Big John? How many tax dollars could you save there if we weren’t supporting the “congressional welfare” system year-round?

Kythas 09/17/2009 7:44am
in reply to fortermlimits Sep 07, 2009 7:44pm

How could Sen. Cornyn have voted for this bill when it hasn’t come to a vote in the Senate? This was a House bill, not a Senate bill.

Spam Comment

dankennedy73 07/02/2010 9:34am
in reply to jasaminetmi Jan 23, 2009 12:56pm

Becuase most Texanzs who vote are brainwashed conservatives, and most texans who are not conservative do not vote becuase they either see no point or they are fed up with everything. Either way it’s the same story. I live in Texas right now and I am ashamed to call most of the people I run into here all the time ‘fellow Americans.’ They are uneducated, almost fanatically religiouls, and they constantly praise Bush, Rush Limbuagh, Glen Beck, and Ann Coulter as the wisest people of their day. That’s how idiots like Cornyn get elected.

dankennedy73 07/02/2010 9:46am
in reply to baylorfrawg Jan 06, 2010 1:50pm

How about ones that are actually enforced and work to protect our fellow Americans. I believe the FDA needs an ‘overhaul’ in terms of legislation. there is too much stuff they let slip through that is killing Americans without them even knowing it might be dangerous.

dankennedy73 06/22/2010 7:31pm
in reply to Chadevic Mar 18, 2010 7:22pm

You might as well give it up, Idiots don’t bother to research any facts like you obviously do.

Chadevic 03/18/2010 7:22pm
in reply to baylorfrawg Jan 06, 2010 2:01pm

I have to respond to that pathetic assumtion that people would not work if they get unemployment insurance. Do you know that they only receive a max of $314 a week. Could you live and support a family on that? In order to get that amount, the typical person would have to have had a job pay $40000 a year. I don’t think that getting $314 a week would solve ribs persons problems.
Please be careful before casting broad opinions without thinking through all facts.

RU4Real 07/16/2011 7:11pm
in reply to sgt1439 Apr 29, 2008 3:05pm

Does Bush now have an oilfield on Foreign soil? Perhaps you should research why gas prices are really so high. In fact if we could drill more in the U.S. Gas prices would go down, jobs would open up, food prices would go down….

Spam Comment

ashlung06 01/01/2010 8:36pm

We need food safety laws to protect the food we are eating!

nuspirits 07/12/2010 1:28pm
in reply to bsolution Jul 07, 2008 5:30pm

For the working man, Really? What about the man who worked all his life and now can not find a job? What about the woman who has a degree and still can not find a job. Me and my wife are far from “criminals” and/or people who take advantage of the system (you know the lazy scum bags that you seem to make us unemployed look like). Went to school, worked hard, got a home, had a family and now it is being taken away, why you say? Because of the arrogance of the silver spoon Senators who will not implement anything to help us out (you know the ones who voted for you). I have not even got to tier one and my benefits were taken away, at least have the heart to give EVERYONE the same chance of looking for work with out becoming homeless in the process (which we are about a week away from being with out a place to live…our saving only lasted us a few months and it has been total of 4 with out any luck in finding work.

Spam Comment

bsolution 07/07/2008 5:30pm
in reply to Anonymous Jan 22, 2008 6:30am

Senator Cornyn is for the working man with the American Dream. Those who work should keep most of their rewards not give them up so some liberal can buy votes from some lazy scumbag.

Spam Comment

USAF09 02/11/2009 2:31pm

This is for every one that voted for BO. The so called Stimulus bill will cause welfare spending to increase more than 20% rising from $491 billion in FY2008 to $601 billion in FY2009.This would be the largest expansion of welfare in the nation’s history. I guess this is only the beginning of Obama’s pledge to “Joe the Plumber” to “spread the wealth around”. The basic goal of the stimulus is spreading the wealth, not reviving the economy. It will only add a growing number of people dependent on the government. It is leading us towards a Socialist economy which means the end of prosperity, any personal dreams, individual initiative ( why work we have welfare), and a complete CHANGE to the AMERICA we have known.

Fish 02/05/2009 4:51am

This country is in dire straits and Republicans like Cornyn are playing Rush Limbaugh obstructionist politics for their petty partisan ideas. I crossed over to vote for Obama and I am glad I did. The Republican Party is full of losers.

Anonymous 02/20/2009 4:20pm

To those who actually believe that HR45 was created to make the crime rate go down; don’t fool yourselves.

What is disguised as a bill to protect American citizens from criminals who own guns, is really a subliminal attempt at making it only more difficult for law-abiding citizens to own guns, whether for sport or protection from home invasion / self-defense. Don’t let Congress pull the wool over your eyes, because any criminal can and will get ahold of a gun, no matter what; usually, through illegal means. So regardless of HR45, there will always be criminals, who only more so will be committing violent crimes before, during and after it is passed (heaven forbid if it is). When push comes to shove, it will be the woman with children, alone during the long day while her husband is at work, within the city and with no other method of defense; whose life will be at stake.

Official website: