Former Sen. John Ensign

Republican  •  Nevada 2 Terms  •  Sworn In 2001
Last Term 2007 - 2011 View All

• skrap 01/20/2008 2:39pm

He talks a strong talk against government waste, and is liked by the National Taxpayers Union and Citizens Against Government Waste. However, at the same time, he blocked a bill which would require senators (incl. himself) to file their campaign finance statements electronically like everyone else. As a result, the FEC spends $250,000 reentering these senators’ paper reports. Talk about waste! Minus some points for this guy.

For the sunlight foundation’s take: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPURpyrl8Ro

• dantk 06/23/2008 1:40pm

Senator John Ensign, We the People are calling on your Leadership in the Senate to push this War Funding Supplement, New GI Bill, Disaster Relief and the Extension of Unemployment Benefits through The Senate and on to the Presidents desk, in return he will sign into Law. This money is a must for people who earned it and need some help to get going again. Please push this Legislation through the Senate as is, the one the White House and the Congress Hammered out and agree on. Our President wants this Legislation so please do not add anything to it, just keep it as is and make everyone very Happy. Thank you for your time.

• london 06/16/2009 3:52pm

How’s that affair coming along John???

And not only an affair, but an affair with a MARRIED WOMAN WHO YOU THEN FIRED!

How does it feel to be outed as the biggest hypocrite in America?

SCUMBAG!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• mrlargo 07/29/2009 6:04am

Wow, how does it feel to be a judgmental ass? I’m sure you’ve NEVER done anything wrong. In any case, I’m here to let everyone know that this man needs to be voted out of office. His hypocritical actions, in relation to his private life vs. public stances, is proof enough that he does not practice what he preaches. This leaves his activities on office in question as he could likely not being doing what he’s promised his constituents.

That aside, this man does not answer his constituents, nor do his staffers. This man, along with most of the Senate, is the reason that the 17th amendment should be repealed. He does not pay attention to that which he is constitutional bound to represent, his state. Popular voting has only made the senate more easily lured into national debates instead of state’s rights and sovereignty.

Someone step forward and run against this man please.

• mrlargo 07/29/2009 6:04am

Someone step forward and run against this man please.

• Spam Comment

• Spam Comment

• Spam Comment

• AnnaSchaefer 06/20/2010 11:53pm

You and the rest of the Republicans are so transparent! President Obama, as well as us Americans, know what you are doing. Stalling and not voting on what the people want and need in this country. Do the job you were elected to do, and start voting! Your tactics in stalling is only going to back fire on you all. Show our President some respect. How you treat him, is a reflection on how you treat us Americans. We may have been fooled in the past, but not anymore! We The People have spoken by electing President Obama into office. We need change and we need it now! And quit blaming President Obama for the disaster in the Gulf. Enough is enough!

• sedsaw 06/26/2010 5:05pm

WHAT IS YOUR PLAN FOR THESE PEOPLE NOW!!! Not 2, 6 or 12 months from now. WHAT IS YOUR PLAN to put food on the table, gas in the car to get to interviews or bus fare, pay electricity bill and yes some type of internet (I spend hours on this thing searching for jobs… only can get a 1 hr at library or Employment office. both of which are cutting)…. AGAIN WHAT IS YOUR PLAN??? WHAT DO YOU PROPOSE.. I’LL LOVE TO HEAR IT? My email is sedgeneric@yahoo.com

• Spam Comment

• purplelilac3084 06/29/2010 5:15am

pelmof 06/29/2010 5:59am

purplelilac3084: There you are again. It’s obvious you wish you wrote this, but you didn’t—I did. Please, I’m in the process of sending this message to every senator. This is the third time I’ve noticed you trying to pass this messag off as your own text. Please cease and desist.

aobrien 07/07/2010 9:36am

pelmof: I’m confused…. If purplelilac3084 was opposing you, I’d be concerned. What does it matter if they’re copying and duplicating your efforts? It’s a very well written post! Of course, they could easily quote you. I’d ask for that instead of asking them to stop! Let’s just agree that it NEEDS TO PASS!!!

Please pass this Senator John Ensign! The State of Nevada is hurting bad! The construction market in Nevada is a huge employer that has utterly collapsed due to the stupidity of Congress and the American Banking Cartel!

sharibear 07/07/2010 6:04pm
  • C570482 07/05/2010 3:03pm

I am writing to implore you to vote for HR 5618, S 3551 or one of the other bills to restore emergency unemployment compensation.

It has been noted that in the past you have against for recent Bills to extend emergency unemployment benefits

As you know, The Congressional Budget Office estimates that every federal dollar invested in unemployment insurance assistance provides a return of $1.90 in economic activity.

Please know citizens are watching the actions of Congress.

Official website: