Sen. Dianne Feinstein

Democrat  •  California  •  5th Term  •  Sworn In 1992
Current Term 2013 - 2019 View All

• Moderated Comment

• kenbiggs 02/28/2008 6:51pm

Republican pretending to be a democrat. We need to find a better person for this important job.

Filtered Comment [ show ]

NoMoney2FELONSamongUS 09/15/2009 9:00am

liberalism is destroying the fabric of America

Samuelboland 11/02/2009 1:18pm

MAYBE I’LL CATCH EVERYONE’S ATTENTION WITH LARGE CAPITAL LETTERS!

Come on over here, I have something I wanna say in private: You know these tantrums that you and the conservatives are throwing? It’s not helping you. It’s hurting you. Remember the moderates? Those all-important voters who make up about 50% of the American electorate? You need them to win. You can’t win elections with 25-30% of the population. So stop being so exclusive if you want to win.

No lie though, it’s fun to watch. I like seeing the GOP blow up, it’s funny.

crvierra 11/02/2009 7:02pm

Yeah, keep laughing bozoland. Meanwhile we’ll do what it takes to get this country back on track. All it takes is for elitist liberals like you to continue dismissing the historic change happening in this country as representing only “25-30% of the population.” That’s the best response the GOP could hope for. Besides, you Idiocrats are the ones ignoring the 800-pound gorilla in the room. Don’t you find it the least bit unsettling that your numero uno, in a little more than half a year, has managed to completely undermine the eight years of anti-GOP propagada that catipulted him to that LANDSLIDE 5% victory in the last election? Forget the fact that he was elected on a platform of racism, agism, sexism, and hatred; just ask yourself this: if the voters went to the polls again tomorrow, would he be reelected? I’m fairly confident your response would be in the affirmative, which shows how out of touch you really are. So, keep laughing at the big letters. It’s so very important, after all.

FurtherThanYou 02/09/2011 6:32am

Wow, crvierra, it’s amazing to see exactly how delusional you conservatives are… and tragic how easily brainwashed you all are by the corporate elites that program your conservative media. Your short-term memory loss about who created this wrecked economy is almost as sad as your ignorant loyalty to the very corrupt jackals that want to steer us back into the ditch. You would think at some point, you guys would see that when Big Oil, Med Insurance gamers, Monopolist billionaires and war profiteers are your party’s financiers, maybe that agenda isn’t what’s best for our country…. but since you can’t ween yourselves from the propaganda teat of Fox “news”, you’ll never hear anything except what the corrupt want you to believe. SAD.

technopolitica 09/22/2010 1:40pm

Again, “liberalism” is not the same thing as “liberal”. Get your terms right – see my reply to your post on Barbara Boxer’s page.

FurtherThanYou 02/09/2011 6:10am

Ignorance is destroying the middle class of America. Thanks, republicans.

DenFletcher 06/19/2013 6:25am

Go ahead here, I have something I wanna say in private: You know these fits that you and the moderates are hurling? It’s not causing you. It’s harming you. Recall the conservatives? Those extremely essential voters who make up something like 50% of the American electorate? Fetele Norocoase, you require them to score. You can’t score decisions with 25-30% of the populace. So quit being so elite provided that you need to score.

• Spam Comment

CitizenOversight 01/28/2010 10:11am

Ken,
    How can you illustrate that fact to Voters?

What is the Solution? A primary challenge? Elect a Republican for a 6 year term?

• Filtered Comment [ show ]

• Anonymous 04/09/2008 11:19am

I agree with Ken and Pauline… we’re in enough trouble with our crashing mortgage market that I don’t think I can take anyone else in power that doesn’t have a clear goal.

• Anonymous 04/12/2008 7:12pm

• Filtered Comment [ show ]

• Anonymous 06/11/2008 7:32pm

Wouldn’t you think that Barack could get back to work in the Senate and do SOMETHING concrete for this country?
    He’s being paid for this job and doing nothing.
    Why can’t he pass Kennedy’s bill UI extension 2544 (which he cosponsored)?
    If he can’t get things done in the Senate, don’t EVEN make promises for when it’s too late!!!!!!!!!!!
    Give up a photo op, Barack, and get some work done in the Senate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Anonymous 06/14/2008 8:47pm

Don’t play politics with the American people anymore and pass HR5749 veto proof next week. People before politics. Please many need it!!!

• Anonymous 06/21/2008 11:38pm

I hope Dianne could sponsor the H.J. Res. 89. According to NARTH (http://www.narth.com/menus/positionstatements.html), they do NOT support same-sex marriage!

Here is the quote:

“Social science evidence supports the traditional model of man-woman marriage as the ideal family form for fostering a child’s healthy development.”

technopolitica 09/22/2010 1:47pm

NARTH is a partisan organization whose mission statement is to “…understand the cause, treatment and behavior patterns associated with homosexuality…”. Not exactly an objective, scientific standpoint.

Please don’t promote pseudo-science simply to support your point of view.

• Patriotist 06/26/2008 4:49pm

Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.), a member of the Trilateral Commission and a leading gun control advocate in Congress, criticized the ruling regarding lifting the gun ban in DC. “I believe the people of this great country will be less safe because of it,” she said.

“He who would trade liberty for some temporary security, deserves neither liberty nor security.” – Benjamin Franklin

Vote Feinstein out of office.

saitek 03/28/2009 12:21am

I agree, it is time for her to be voted out of office. Why do the folks in California keep voting for her. She has not represented the voters of California for a long time. California needs to do a wholesale replacement of their reps. Stand up California and be heard. This would send a shock to all reps across the country.

technopolitica 09/22/2010 1:56pm

Actually, California voters have repeatedly voted for Senator Feinstein because we believe that she DOES represent us. At least, more so than any Republican candidate. That’s why she has gotten the majority vote – last time I checked, that’s how a democracy works.

Sorry if I sound a bit hostile, but I’m more than a little tired of people outside of California telling us what to do. Please direct that energy towards your own representatives and let us deal with ours.

• MattAgnello 07/08/2008 3:06pm

I recently sent an e-mail to the senator asking her to vote down the FISA amendment. Her office sent back a very verbose but complete reasoning on why she will still vote for the bill: basically, keeping our intelligent up and running is more important than bringing the telecoms to trial. I can understand that reasoning, but she failed to recognize how this bypasses the rule of law. The e-mail said that she would support any amendment that “improves the current bill” and seemed to imply that she would support retroactive immunity. After hearing about Senator Dodd’s amendment that provided for such a clause, I sent her another e-mail asking her to vote for it. Check her voting record to find out what happens. We’ll see.

• OliviasMom 08/08/2008 5:15pm

Dear Senator Feinstein,

I am pleading with you to vote in favor of H.R. 4926, here is my personal reason why:

My first awareness of Longated QT Syndrome (LQTS) or Sudden Cardiac Arrest (SCA) in young adults was April 12, 2004. On this day I went into my daughter’s bedroom to wake her up for school and found her not breathing. My daughter was in the hospital for 10 days, on life support. The doctors were not sure why this seemingly healthy, 14 year old girl, would just stop breathing. After days of running test after test, a cardiologist was finally able to give us a diagnosis, Long QT syndrome.

What, what is Long QT Syndrome? What were the warning signs my daughter would have had? Why didn’t her pediatrician detect this problem at birth? Why, when I took her to the doctor for headaches, dizziness, feeling as though she were going to faint, why didn’t they request an EKG, or why didn’t I request it? Why, because I was unaware of this silent killer known as Long QT Syndrome.

Olivia had always been an energetic, bright, beautiful child. She was so curious about everything, always wanting excitement and adventure in her life. Olivia was very active as a cheerleader and loved to play basketball. Olivia was very competitive, healthy as can be, so we thought.

April 22, 2004, my 14 year old daughter, Olivia Corinne Hoff, passed away.

As a mother, I am writing this to bring public awareness to our community about LQTS and SCA and the importance of AED’in our local schools.

It was four years April 22, 2008 that my daughter passed away. Not a day goes by that I don’t ask myself, Why didn’t I know, why didn’t I see the warning signs ? If I had, maybe Olivia would be alive today. Unfortunately, for me and my family, our life is forever changed. As a mom, I cannot express the depth of pain in losing a child. When my daughter died, a part of me died too.

I understand that this bill would, among other things, establish a grant program for local education agencies to purchase automated external defibrillators (AEDs) and train school staff to perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) and correctly use AEDs.

I ask that you please do your part to save lives by doing what you can to see that the Senate passes H.R. 4926. There are many parents grieving for their children and feeling the same pain that I will we will feel for the rest of our lives.

I am a Mom on a Mission to do whatever I can to save the lives or our children. I will not let Olivia’s death be in vain. Olivia cannot speak out about LQTS. Olivia cannot ask the Senate to help pass H.R. 4926. I am Olivia’s voice. As Olivia’s mom, I will continue to do all that I can to honor my daughter’s memory, as memories is all I have.

Sincerely,

Corinne Ruiz, Olivia’s mom
    604 Harvest Creek Rd
    Bakersfield, CA 93312-4005

NoMoney2FELONSamongUS 09/15/2009 9:03am

while that is unfortunate a better use of tax dollars in education is on school vouchers

javeca 07/23/2010 10:22pm

I agree with the principle, but the number of lives that can be saved is a lot higher than many people know when it comes to Long QT Symdrome, also known as Romano-Ward Disease, my wife has it.

The reason it is missed so often is because so little is known about it and it is usually only diagnosed two ways.

1. You have an episode while hooked up to an EKG
    2. After a episode kills you.

The reason it kills is because the heart is missing its “Reset” button (sorry this is the best analogy I can give for it). So if the right trigger hits, the person will have what looks to be a seizure has a heart attack and dies, the medical term for this is Sudden Death Syndrome. A Mayo Clinic article on Long QT Syndrom refered to it as a ticking time bomb with an unknown trigger.

technopolitica 09/22/2010 2:07pm

School vouchers are a roundabout way of achieving public education and don’t necessarily get the same bang-for-the-buck value that public school funding does. In particular, private for-profit schools tend to stay away from poor cities and neighborhoods because they don’t make a lot of money in those areas. If public schools were replaced by school vouchers we’d have an even more inequitable education system than we do today.

That’s not to say that school vouchers aren’t useful is some situations, but they aren’t the end-all-be-all solution to public education.

• Anonymous 08/19/2008 5:03pm

You know what would be nice? LOWER GAS PRICES!! How about you do something about it like drill for oil, build a refinery or two. Oh, I understand. Your political career comes before the interests of those who elected you. Guess I’ll see what I can do about that come election day.

FurtherThanYou 02/09/2011 6:46am

“drill for oil, build a refinery or two”? really? What’s next? Maybe she could feed your kids some doughnuts while reading you the bible…. typical American jackass, only concerned about your $/gallon, which is half what the rest of the planet pays thanks to our installation of dictators in the middle east. I’d rather drill a hole in your head and use the hot air for heat this winter.

Official website: