Sen. Dianne Feinstein

Democrat  •  California  •  5th Term  •  Sworn In 1992
Current Term 2013 - 2019 View All

v4pharris 07/29/2013 2:17am

Please support federal wildland firefighters by improving their pay and classification issues which have long been ignored and swept under the rug. Honor us on paper not just in death and recognize not as “forestry technicians” but “wildland firefighters”. Help our families by giving us a decent annual salary and insuring that we are entitled to retirement and benefits. Politicians are quick to honor us at public memorials and glamorize our lifestyles but don’t want to sign the petitions to help feed our families or challenge the Department bureaucracy which is rigid, stagnant and unwilling to change.

DenFletcher 06/19/2013 6:25am
in reply to FurtherThanYou Feb 09, 2011 6:10am

Go ahead here, I have something I wanna say in private: You know these fits that you and the moderates are hurling? It’s not causing you. It’s harming you. Recall the conservatives? Those extremely essential voters who make up something like 50% of the American electorate? Fetele Norocoase, you require them to score. You can’t score decisions with 25-30% of the populace. So quit being so elite provided that you need to score.

ryanesexton 01/27/2013 10:20pm

Support of any Bill that infringes on my constitutionally protected rights is punishable under

USC › Title 18 › Part I › Chapter 13 › § 241
Conspiracy against rights

If two or more persons conspire to injure, oppress, threaten, or intimidate any person in any State, Territory, Commonwealth, Possession, or District in the free exercise or enjoyment of any right or privilege secured to him by the Constitution or laws of the United States, or because of his having so exercised the same;

They shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than ten years, or both; and if death results from the acts committed in violation of this section…imprisoned for…life, or both, or may be sentenced to death.

Feel free to contact me and I will be more than happy to give you a primer on the United States Constitution, the Bill of Rights, and what the term Freedom means.

Sincerely,
SSG Ryan Sexton
United States Army

MercilessPit 12/28/2012 7:26am

So Dianne, you think it’s ok for you to have a gun and a carry permit, but not us low-life law-abiding private citizens. That makes you a giant hypocrite, which is typical of you liberal fascist pigs. You want all the guns so you wont have anything to worry about while you destroy our constitution and our rights. It’s obvious.

We’ve all seen the pics of you with your finger all over the trigger of an AK-47 and pointing it inadvertently at one of your colleagues’ head. Showing that you have no idea about how to handle a weapon of any sort, yet you have an armed entourage and a ccw permit.

Again, you are a hypocrite that spreads the all to common lies that your lap-dog minions believe without fore-thought.

We will push back, you will not take our arms from us, unless it is from our cold dead hands.

arcaneradio 03/17/2012 9:20am

Since California is very big on having illegals vote in elections maybe those of us from others states should vote in their local elections to get these bums out of office.

Ahuramazda 01/25/2012 12:02am

Dianne Feinstein voted for granting of the power to indefinitely imprison the American citizens that ironically voted her into office. She also voted for PIPA, which I personally emailed her about, she replied and said that she believes that this bill will help the economy. I don’t believe Dianne Feinstein read the bill in question or thinks for herself. I think she’s just a crowd follower and a know-nothing. How did she get elected 4 times? Let’s elect somebody else.

bigtoe77 01/19/2012 11:32am

In 2012 I will only support candidates who stand for Internet freedom and who oppose the “Protect IP Act” and “SOPA.” I will work against any candidate, of any party, who vote to censor and stifle the Internet.

Ms. Feinstein, if you truly represent your constituents, you must vote NO on “Protect IP” and “SOPA.”

GamerLEN 01/09/2012 4:37am
in reply to oakle78 Jan 05, 2012 2:04am

… what?

GamerLEN 01/09/2012 4:37am

I honestly don’t know how to feel about you now. You want to promote this to help protect people from the NDAA and you’re trying to get the DOMA repealed (as a homosexual I greatly approve of your stance there)… but you’re a co-sponsor of the horribly flawed Protect IP act.

Well, two out of three isn’t bad I suppose… :/

Spam Comment

heppe 11/22/2011 11:56pm

The “Protect IP” bill (a.k.a. S.968 or SOPA) making its way through congress will destroy internet business models based on user participation. Feinstein has attached her name as a cosponsor. Would you have guessed that SOPA proponents account for 3 of her top 10 donors? When the attack ads start rolling against whoever challenges her, please try to keep in mind where the money came from, and what her customers were buying.

According to opencongress.org (see http://www.opencongress.org/bill/112-s968/show), it’s supported by 3% of users.

data taken from http://maplight.org/us-congress/legislator/567-dianne-feinstein:

Campaign contributions by organization:
Pg&e $70,600
Walt Disney Company $47,500
Edison International $39,500
Debartolo Property Group $33,600
Diamond Foods $31,599
Warner Brothers $31,350
Intl Alliance Theatrical Stage Employees $30,000
Qualcomm Incorporated $29,400
Universal Music Group $29,150
Gibson Dunn and Crutcher $27,750

FurtherThanYou 02/09/2011 6:46am
in reply to Anonymous Aug 19, 2008 5:03pm

“drill for oil, build a refinery or two”? really? What’s next? Maybe she could feed your kids some doughnuts while reading you the bible…. typical American jackass, only concerned about your $/gallon, which is half what the rest of the planet pays thanks to our installation of dictators in the middle east. I’d rather drill a hole in your head and use the hot air for heat this winter.

FurtherThanYou 02/09/2011 6:32am
in reply to crvierra Nov 02, 2009 7:02pm

Wow, crvierra, it’s amazing to see exactly how delusional you conservatives are… and tragic how easily brainwashed you all are by the corporate elites that program your conservative media. Your short-term memory loss about who created this wrecked economy is almost as sad as your ignorant loyalty to the very corrupt jackals that want to steer us back into the ditch. You would think at some point, you guys would see that when Big Oil, Med Insurance gamers, Monopolist billionaires and war profiteers are your party’s financiers, maybe that agenda isn’t what’s best for our country…. but since you can’t ween yourselves from the propaganda teat of Fox “news”, you’ll never hear anything except what the corrupt want you to believe. SAD.

FurtherThanYou 02/09/2011 6:21am
in reply to stayathomefeminista Mar 21, 2010 12:58pm

I don’t understand how someone so well spoken (and seemingly intelligent) can still be confused about the fact that there are NO federally funded abortion bills being presented to nor written by this congress. The only changes being proposed are by the republicans, and that’s to end the law requiring hospitals to perform abortions when it’s critical to save the mother’s life. Guess the life in “pro-life” doesn’t extend to the woman involved.

FurtherThanYou 02/09/2011 6:12am

Can someone rational (that means no neo-cons) explain to me why she’s voting to support an extension of the Patriot Act?

FurtherThanYou 02/09/2011 6:10am
in reply to NoMoney2FELONSamongUS Sep 15, 2009 9:00am

Ignorance is destroying the middle class of America. Thanks, republicans.

icandootravel 12/07/2010 12:28pm

On this current Tax Break Extension issue for earnings over $250K per year, please make it simple. You have the easiest hand to play on this. Pass the tax break for all income below $250K per year, and leave the Republicans pressing for extensions to the richest Americans without “Paying for it”. Republicans have been saying that all bills should be paid for with off set spending cuts, but they have not made any such cuts known regarding their desire for the richest of the rich to get richer. MAKE IT SIMPLE, you guys can look like champions of the American people. Let them look like the greedy, disconnected elitests that they are. Have half a brain, conscious, and soul all in one small step. In God WE Pray,…

technopolitica 09/22/2010 2:20pm
in reply to Floyd1628 Aug 14, 2009 1:15am

Seriously? You’d rather elect someone who you know will act against your interests than risk being disappointed again? Guess what – its a democracy and you don’t get everything that you want.

Senator Feistein has, in my opinion, done far more good than bad regardless of her personal issues, and she will get my vote in the general election because the alternative is simply too awful to contemplate.

Its these “cut off my nose to spite the face” comments that make me worry about the future of this country.

technopolitica 09/22/2010 2:07pm
in reply to NoMoney2FELONSamongUS Sep 15, 2009 9:03am

School vouchers are a roundabout way of achieving public education and don’t necessarily get the same bang-for-the-buck value that public school funding does. In particular, private for-profit schools tend to stay away from poor cities and neighborhoods because they don’t make a lot of money in those areas. If public schools were replaced by school vouchers we’d have an even more inequitable education system than we do today.

That’s not to say that school vouchers aren’t useful is some situations, but they aren’t the end-all-be-all solution to public education.

technopolitica 09/22/2010 1:56pm
in reply to saitek Mar 28, 2009 12:21am

Actually, California voters have repeatedly voted for Senator Feinstein because we believe that she DOES represent us. At least, more so than any Republican candidate. That’s why she has gotten the majority vote – last time I checked, that’s how a democracy works.

Sorry if I sound a bit hostile, but I’m more than a little tired of people outside of California telling us what to do. Please direct that energy towards your own representatives and let us deal with ours.

technopolitica 09/22/2010 1:47pm
in reply to Anonymous Jun 21, 2008 11:38pm

NARTH is a partisan organization whose mission statement is to “…understand the cause, treatment and behavior patterns associated with homosexuality…”. Not exactly an objective, scientific standpoint.

Please don’t promote pseudo-science simply to support your point of view.

technopolitica 09/22/2010 1:40pm
in reply to NoMoney2FELONSamongUS Sep 15, 2009 9:00am

Again, “liberalism” is not the same thing as “liberal”. Get your terms right – see my reply to your post on Barbara Boxer’s page.

UnemployedAndLooking 09/16/2010 2:32pm

Nearly 200,000 people have exhausted all benefits in California yet I don’t see a California Senator as a sponsor of 3706 Amerincans want to work act bill. What is all that about Vote them out get the word out .

GovtISCorrupt 07/31/2010 3:51am

She needs to go BIGTIME! The crunch granola set in Cali are complete imbeciles for voting this wretch of a woman and boxer in over and over again. That’s ONE reason why your state is so messed up. You get what you vote for!!

javeca 07/23/2010 10:22pm
in reply to NoMoney2FELONSamongUS Sep 15, 2009 9:03am

I agree with the principle, but the number of lives that can be saved is a lot higher than many people know when it comes to Long QT Symdrome, also known as Romano-Ward Disease, my wife has it.

The reason it is missed so often is because so little is known about it and it is usually only diagnosed two ways.

1. You have an episode while hooked up to an EKG
2. After a episode kills you.

The reason it kills is because the heart is missing its “Reset” button (sorry this is the best analogy I can give for it). So if the right trigger hits, the person will have what looks to be a seizure has a heart attack and dies, the medical term for this is Sudden Death Syndrome. A Mayo Clinic article on Long QT Syndrom refered to it as a ticking time bomb with an unknown trigger.

ChiefICSW 07/09/2010 1:03pm

Dear Mrs Feinstein: Important heads up: There are not still unemployed people in serious trouble out there! Just because (statistically!) Unemployment is (apparently) fallen, DO NOT FORGET US!… I represent this group. I am 55 years young. I’ve served my country for 21 years in the USN. I’ve worked for 14 more years after that. In June 2009, I was laid off. I’ve been searching since. I’ve lost my home. I’ve lost my car. I’ve lost my dog (had to put her down because the apartments I’m living in could not take her.). My son is going to college this fall, and I have no way to help him. I can barely feed us, and I’m not sure how I’m going to keep the lights on.

without Unemployment Insurance, I will no longer be able to pay for telephones & internet. Hard to search for a job without them. Next, I will lose my remaining car, my apartment. What’s next? A very large cardboard box for the six of us?

Mrs Feinstein: stand up in the House and shout “I will not stand for this!!!”

sharibear 07/07/2010 4:49pm
in reply to pelmof Jun 29, 2010 4:01am
pelmof 06/29/2010 4:01am

Dear Senator Feinstein,

Perz 06/08/2010 8:51am

Arbitration Fairness Act / Financial Reform Auto Dealers

Mossy Toyota sold me a flood car and then refuses to do anything about it demanding arbitration.

Please see the video:

Please see my story:

The Superior Court judge recently ruled that an arbitrator with a 40-0 record against consumers is not biased. He refused to compel arbitration and submit his opinion.

Where do you stand on Financial Reform for auto dealers, Arbitration Fairness Act AND what is happening to me…

Thanks!