Sen. Lindsey Graham

Republican  •  South Carolina  •  2nd Term  •  Sworn In 2003
Current Term 2009 - 2015 View All

• judithkratochvil 01/15/2008 3:19am

I believe Sen. Graham does a wonderful job even though on some things I disagree with him. I particularly agree with his participation in th Gang of 14 and him not backing down on the Geneva Convention. The immigration bill was an attempt to solve a problem. It may not have been a grand solution, but it was an attempt.

I like Sen. Graham’s common-sense approach to most issues. I have my differences with him, on the Iran resolution and until recently his sticking by the President on Iraq. I think he tells us the truth when he returns from a trip to Iraq and his military service is an asset.

• Anonymous 06/11/2008 1:57pm

I have not had the opportunity to read the entire text of HR 6049…I have not had the necessary week or so to do it. But I have to question Sen. Graham’s vote on this issue. Unless Sen. Graham was not IN the Senate at the time of the vote, I wonder why he feels this bill is SO bad for the U.S. and SC that it does not even warrant discussion.

• Anonymous 06/14/2008 8:36pm

Lindsey are you a log cabin Republican?

• Anonymous 06/15/2008 5:20pm

Middle class America wake up! A vote for a Republican is a vote for your own demise. Is war moral or do the Republicans just use religion to sell out the well meaning and good folks of America? Remember in November!!!!!! Vote all these bums out!!!!!!!!

fred4congress 07/10/2010 5:15am

You may be partially correct, but please look at the full picture. There are some Conservatives who do not feel like America’s best interests have been protected in over 20 years. http://www.fredforcongress.webs.com

• DOUGLASFIELD 10/19/2008 11:59am

WHAT IF OUR US CONGRESS COULD REALLY CARE LESS TO OFFER JUSTICE TO POORER AMERICANS ???

SENATOR OBAMA PLEASE LET THIS COUNTRIES VOTERS KNOW YOUR FEELINGS AND THOUGHTS ABOUT A NEEDED FUTURE REPAIR AND RENOVATION OF OUR BROKEN JUDICIAL SYSTEM THAT CONTINUES TO ALLOW THE EXECUTION’S OF EVEN POSSIBLE INNOCENT AMERICAN’S LIKE TROY DAVIS OF GEORGIA ?

BEING THE WEALTHIEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD SENATOR OBAMA, DON’T WE NEED AS THE LEADERS OF THE FREE WORLD TO BEGIN ONCE AGAIN TO RE-INVEST THE PROPER MONIE$ IN OUR OWN US JUDICIAL SYSTEM, ASSURING ALL OF OUR CITIZENS THEIR RIGHTS TO FAIR TRIALS WITH PROPER LEGAL REPRESENTATION ???

DOES GOD NEED TO LOBBY OUR US CONGRESSIONAL LEADERS OF THE FREE WORLD ON BEHALF OF OUR poorer american’s SENATOR OBAMA,OR ARE YOU WATCHING OUT FOR THEM ?? ***OUR US CONGRESS CONTINUES TO DENY MIDDLE CLASS AND WORKING POOR AMERICANS PROPER LEGAL REPRESENTATION EVEN THOUGH WRONGFUL EXECUTIONS & FALSE INCARCERATIONS CONTINUE ALL ACROSS AMERICA ???

• 700 BILLION $$$ AVAILABLE FOR US BAILOUT, & NO $$$ FOR ALL POORER AMERICANS PROPER LEGAL REPRESENTATION ?
      SENATOR OBAMA, THIS JUDICIAL INJUSTICE HAS BECOME AN AMERICAN ART FORM, AND NO LONGER CAN BE KEPT HIDDEN OR SECRET FROM THE AMERICAN PEOPLE EVEN IF CERTAIN (501c3) U$ RELIGIOU$ LEADER$ HAVE BEEN $ILENCED ??

LETS ALL HOPE OUR MEDIA FRIENDS CONTINUE TO SHOW AN INTEREST IN REPORTING ON THIS AMERICAN HORROR FACING THESE (TENS OF THOUSANDS) FORGOTTEN AND TRAPPED POORER AMERICANS, AND HOW THIS PRESIDENTIAL CONTENDER HANDLES THIS VERY SERIOUS ISSUE FACING AMERICA’S LATINO AND BLACK AMERICAN COMMUNITIES ????

WITH 80% OF THE BLACK AMERICAN VOTERS SAYING THEY SUPPORT SENATOR OBAMA IN THIS PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION, IT IS ONLY FAIR FOR EVERYONE TO KNOW PRIOR BEING ELECTED OUR NEXT PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES HOW THIS DEMOCRATIC SENATOR TRULY FEELS ABOUT THIS AMERICAN JUDICIAL INJUSTICE CONTINUING TO INFLICT GRAVE HARM ON THE BLACK & LATINO AMERICAN FAMILIES AND THEIR COMMUNITIES NATIONWIDE ??

• WHEN GOD’S FACE BECAME VERY RED * THE US SUPREME COURT GAVE ENEMY COMBATANTS FEDERAL APPEAL HC RIGHTS LAWYERS AND PROPER ACCESS TO US FEDERAL COURTS,AND POORER AMERICANS (MANY EVEN ON DEATH ROW) ARE DENIED PROPER FEDERAL APPEAL LEGAL REPRESENTATION TO OUR US FEDERAL COURTS OF APPEAL, AND ROTTING IN AMERICAN PRISONS NATIONWIDE ?????
    • INNOCENT AMERICANS ARE DENIED REAL HC RIGHTS WITH THEIR FEDERAL APPEALS ! THE AMERICAN PEOPLE ARE $LOWLY FINDING OUT HOW EA$Y IT I$ FOR MIDDLE CLA$$ AND WORKING POOR AMERICAN$ TO FALL VICTIM TO OUR U$ MONETARY JUDICIAL $Y$TEM.

WHEN THE US INNOCENT WERE ABANDONED BY THE GUILTY **** The prison experts have reported that there are 100,000 innocent Americans currently being falsely imprisoned along with the 2,300,000 total US prison population nationwide.

WHERE ARE AMERICA’S RELIGIOUS LEADERS ???
    Since our US Congress has never afforded poor prison inmates federal appeal legal counsel for their federal retrials,they have effectively closed the doors on these tens of thousands of innocent citizens ever being capable of possibly exonerating themselves to regain their freedom through being granted new retrials.

This same exact unjust situation was happening in our Southern States when poor and mostly uneducated Black Americans were being falsely imprisoned for endless decades without the needed educational skills to properly submit their own written federal trial appeals.

This devious and deceptive judicial process of making our poor and innocent prison inmates formulate and write their own federal appeal legal cases for possible retrials on their state criminal cases,is still in effect today even though everyone in our US judicial system knows that without proper legal representation, these tens of thousands of innocent prison inmates will be denied their rightful opportunities of ever being granted new trials from our federal appeal judges!!

Sadly, the true US legal Federal Appeal situation that occurs when any of our uneducated American prison inmates are forced to attempt to submit their own written Federal Appeals (from our prisons nationwide) without the assistance of proper legal counsel, is that they all are in reality being denied their legitimate rights for Habeas Corpus with our US FEDERAL COURTS and will win any future Supreme Court Case concerning this injustice!

For our judicial system and our US Congressional Leaders Of The Free World to continue to pretend that this is a real and fair opportunity for our American Middle Class and Working Poor Citizens, only delays the very needed future change of Federal Financing of all these Federal appeals becoming a normal formula of Our American judicial system.

It was not so very long ago that Public Defenders became a Reality in this country.Prior that legal reality taking place, their were also some who thought giving anyone charged with a crime a free lawyer was a waste of taxpayers $$.

This FACADE and HORROR of our Federal Appeal proce$$ is not worthy of the Greatest Country In The World! ***GREAT SOCIETIES THAT DO NOT PROTECT EVEN THEIR INNOCENT, BECOME THE GUILTY !

A MUST READ ABOUT AMERICAN INJUSTICE:
    1) YAHOO 2) GOOGLE MANNY GONZALES THE KID THAT EVERYONE FORGOT IN THE CA PRISON SYSTEM. ** A JUDICIAL RIDE OF ONES LIFE !

Someone please tell our US Congress that the GED degree that Manny Gonzales acquired in prison is not a LAW DEGREE !!!!!!

lawyersforpooramericans@yahoo.com (424-247-2013)

• kevinmcc 05/21/2009 8:21pm

Way to bash libertarians. Shows your ignorance of who supports you. Lets home next election the libertarians get you out of office.

kevinmcc 05/21/2009 8:22pm

Lets hope next election the libertarians get you out of office.

• middleclassman 09/10/2009 5:42am

Senator Graham, thank you for speaking out against the recent disrespect of President Obama by Joe Wilson. Regardless of a person’s political view we need to at least maintain a level of respect for each other. Unfortunately I really question the leadership skills in our legislators. THis kind of behavior is not and would not be tolerated in most private sectors although I am not naive enough to think there aren’t some sectors this would be acceptable. In any case good job speaking out professionally on the issue.

baldeagle 11/03/2009 7:59am

Joe Wilson did apologize. It is interesting that there was more outrage over Joe Wilson’s outbreak than there was over what prompted it. No one in the media or in politics disputed the fact that Mr. Wilson was right, just that he shouldn’t have said it. What is wrong here?

• DOUGLASFIELD 10/16/2009 11:28pm
    • POORER AMERICAN ACTIVE DUTY U.S. MILITARY AROUND THE WORLD WHO ARE RISKING AND LOSING THEIR LIVES FOR ALL OF US ~ HAVE FAMILIES BACK HOME WHO ARE ALSO DYING WITHOUT HEALTH*CARE *
      ~ PRESIDENT OBAMA AND U.S. SENATOR OLYMPIA SNOWE OF MAINE BOTH KNOW THAT ANY FUTURE HEALTH
      CARE PLAN FOR OUR NEW AMERICA NEEDS TO ALSO ENCOMPASS ALL FAMILY MEMBERS OF ACTIVE DUTY MILITARY MEMBERS…ANYTHING LESS WOULD BE UN*AMERICAN ~
      JUST MAYBE AMERICA NEEDS A FEW MORE REVOLVING DOORS IN OUR U.S. CONGRESS *
      OUR COUNTRY COULD REALLY USE MANY MORE SINCERE AMERICANS LIKE THIS SPECIAL U.S.SENATOR OLYMPIA SNOWE FROM MAINE WHO CONSIDERS THIS COUNTRIES 45 MILLION POOR AMERICAN MEN WOMEN AND CHILDREN WITHOUT PROPER HEALTH CARE LIKE HER OWN FAMILY AHEAD OF HER ELECTED POLITICAL FAMILY **
      45 MILLION POORER AMERICANS HAVE OBVIOUSLY BEEN TOUCHED BY AN ANGEL WITH THE PEOPLES U.S. SENATOR SNOWE OF MAINE.
      LAWYERS FOR POOR AMERICANS CAN BE FOUND WITH ANY SEARCH ENGINE.
      424-247-2013
  • baldeagle 11/03/2009 2:19am

I can’t figure out who is the bigger villian in our current predictament, the congress or the media. The republican party lost their way after the 1994 cantract with America, maybe due to media reporting. We need to return to conservative values. The media is so biased toward the left and the congress is more concerned with their own reelection and the power they presume they have. I think America is waking up. Maybe enough will vote out incumbents and vote for someone who cares more about saving America than their own power.

SCMomof2 03/23/2010 4:58am

Baldeagle, I’ve thought the same way for a long time. When did the US citizens stop thinking for themselves and get so blinded by the shiny objects (or words in this situation) of those who are in positions of authority?

When did we lose our minds? I don’t know that it’s a matter of waking up as much as it is a matter of using our own good common sense to see the forest in spite of the trees.

I guess it is true that what we put our focus on will get our attention…

I voted for your comment because, at present, it’s the only one that makes sense to me. Well said…

• SCPatriots 12/21/2009 10:35am

Cap and Trade is a dealbreaker. Georgetown had an opportunity several years ago to become the site of a Modern state of the art oil refinery with no environmental impact. We should promote offshore drilling right here in SC and with an oil refinery located here as well we would have a large increase in jobs and prosperity for the State as well. We need to break foreign dependence on oil. Had the oil refinery been proposed today the small opposition to it would have been loudly overcome by the longstanding South Carolinains with common sense. A modern day oil refinery is much cleaner than a paper mill. I have generations of relatives in Georgetown SC that are not opposed to a refinery.

• DOUGLASFIELD 02/03/2010 1:22pm

SENATOR,

• MANY MORE IN OUR U.S. CONGRESS ARE NOW FINDNG OUT THE TRUTH OTHER THEN SENATOR WEBB AND THOSE OTHERS IN THE NOW… IN CONGRESS
  • ditchmitchthebitch 02/14/2010 8:40pm

I think Senator graham does a wonderful job of being a lying hypocritical loser. He calls out the president for wanting trials in court when the shoe bomber was tried in court. Lyndsay is a skank ass liar.

MystyRayne 07/14/2010 11:17am

I agree ditch, I was living in SC when I got laid off, & had to move & leave all my friends and family and the people I loved and cared about cause I couldn’t find a job! I read yesterday that he is NOT Supporting the extension bill, and I know he’s full of BS, and is a loser,& a stank ass lier! If I ever get back to SC, I know I won’t vote for his ass for anything!

• Anonymous 02/23/2010 5:42pm

• SCMomof2 03/23/2010 5:06am

I’ve taken time out of my life and sent letters to Mr. Graham over a period of 2 years. I followed the protocol that is suggested by top writers about how to ‘write an effective letter to your congress member’ and I’ve never received anything but the auto-responders that is sent to every person that is in their elective office area.

I have not written a letter since the end of last year. I can be ignored by my own boss; I have no desire to be ignored by someone who touts my representation. I would relieve an attorney of their duty to represent me if I were being represented in the way that Mr. Graham has done me over the last 4 years of my residency in South Carolina.

• DOUGLASFIELD 04/26/2010 12:11pm

DEAR SENATOR,

• CAN ANYONE EXPLAIN OTHER THEN SATAN HOW TEXAS GOVERNOR RICK PERRY ON ONE HAND PARDONS FORMER TEXAS INMATE TIMOTHY COLE WHO WAS WRONGFULLY EXECUTED WITHOUT BEING ALLOWED TO EXONERATE HIMSELF USING DNA TESTING IN TEXAS , AND WITHIN THE SAME MONTH THIS SAME GOVERNOR RICK PERRY OF TEXAS DENIES YET ANOTHER DNA TEST PRIOR ANOTHER POSSIBLE WRONGFUL EXECUTION OF HANK SKINNER ???
  • AnnaSchaefer 06/21/2010 12:03am

You and the rest of the Republicans are so transparent! President Obama, as well as us Americans, know what you are doing. Stalling and not voting on what the people want and need in this country. Do the job you were elected to do, and start voting! Your tactics in stalling is only going to back fire on you all. Show our President some respect. How you treat him, is a reflection on how you treat us Americans. We may have been fooled in the past, but not anymore! We The People have spoken by electing President Obama into office. We need change and we need it now! And quit blaming President Obama for the disaster in the Gulf. Enough is enough!

• Revolution 06/28/2010 7:25pm

You are a disgrace to your country and should be embarrassed to have the UNITED STATES in front of your title.4th of July is upon us-it reminds us of history and how the people can come together to make a difference.I hope you and your family meet the same outcome as the 15,000,000+ unemployed.You turned your back on the Citizens by playing games and stupid antics.Assistance needs to be offered to ease the minds of the families and allow continued dignity no matter the cost. You spend OUR money like water and the American people MUST and SHOULD be priority one!
    “As good government is an empire of laws, how shall your laws be made? In a large society,inhabiting an extensive country,it is impossible that the whole should assemble to make laws. The first necessary step, then,is to depute power from the many to a few of the most wise and good.”
    John Adams, Thoughts on Government, 1776
    Obviously we dont have the few wise and good in the senate-but we have the power to change that.

gvince 01/05/2012 10:31pm

Like the man said, yes we can.

• pelmof 06/29/2010 6:37am

Dear Senator Graham,

sharibear 07/07/2010 6:22pm
  • fred4congress 07/10/2010 5:13am

Graham is Pro-ILLEGAL immigrant, Anti-South Carolina, Pro-Big Government, Pro-Cap and Trade and Pro-Obama. From his own mouth he admits that he defers to Barack Obama because he won the election and “elections have consequences.” There is no big surprise that Graham supported McCain 100% in 2008; like McCain, Graham is a chameleon who changes color (red or blue) depending on who is in the White House. Since Arlen Specter went Democrat, Lindsey Graham has become on of Obama’s favorite “Republicans.” We need a change in 2013.

• GovtISCorrupt 07/31/2010 4:45am

Rino!

• thecwcamp 08/11/2011 4:40pm

Lindsey Graham is the worst joke to come out of South Carolina since the lizard man. I really wish there was a way we could remove him from office and get someone who is not just an obvious puppet of the military industrial complex. He probably plays with little green army men in his office.

• ttag8011 03/07/2013 12:19pm

You are a disgrace to your office, and should be voted out at the first opportunity. How dare you say that America is a battlefield, the only terroristic plots since 9/11 have been FBI instigated, and no sir it is NOT ok to decide, unilaterally, who deserve to be executed. RESPECT OUR CONSTITUTION, YOU POS. We are not as uninformed as you seem to be.

• libuster 03/07/2013 5:20pm

Ah, your website is shut down and your phone line is busy. That’s because Conservatives can’t stand you. Graham you are a disgrace! Your comments on Fox News Senator Paul’s filibuster were despicable! You are a detriment to the Conservative movement, therefore you are a detriment to America. GO AWAY! How dare you say what you did. Are you jealous of Rand Paul? It is unbelievable what you and McCain said. You both disgust me.

Official website: