Former Sen. Kay Hutchison

Republican  •  Texas 4 Terms  •  Sworn In 1993
Last Term 2007 - 2013 View All

atxthumper 12/19/2010 6:50pm

Saturday, December 18th 2010, the Senate passed H.R.2965 Dont Ask, Dont Tell Repeal Act of 2010. While the majority of Congress voted with America and our soldiers, Senator Hutchison chose to vote her own personal hatred. DADT does not simply keep soldiers silenced. It mandated the removal of any honorably serving soldier who happened to be lesbian, gay, bisexual or transgender. Join us on Tuesday Dec, 21st outside of her offices in Austin, Houston, San Antonio and Dallas at 12 PM Noon as we celebrate the end of DADT and tell the Senator that enough is enough of her putting her own ideology over the will of the people and over the Constitution.

nuspirits 07/12/2010 4:00pm
in reply to Anonymous Apr 03, 2008 8:15am

PLEASE HELP YOUR VOTERS! We are life long hard working people who are becoming homeless because the lack of work. Please vote for the UI extension and y’all are wrong about the unemployed being lazy scum who take advantage of the system. It is your duty to create the jobs, isn’t that the way we got out of the last depression? I was republican and thought you understood the basic needs of your State. We will even dig ditches (and that’s even with a degree…yes I did go to college compared to what you want to believe). We are about to loose our home because of this and I know more people are too, do you not have any compassion? My husband is an “American Tradesmen” and there is no work. Y’all went on a vacation for the 4th of July and now I find out that this may not be passed until y’all get back from another vacation? THAT IS SICK and INHUMANE!!….I pray that humbleness, compassion, and understanding fills your heart and quick because you are about to loose big.

JayeM 07/12/2010 10:30am

Ms Kay is clueless in her fine home and job. Her record speaks for itself. No wonder she couldn’t get to the TX governor seat. This lady needs to be voted out as soon as possible. Texans read her record and decide for yourselves, she is NOT what we need in Washington.

sharibear 07/07/2010 6:31pm
in reply to pelmof Jun 29, 2010 6:50am
qweesy 07/06/2010 2:06pm

This piece of trash is a globalist she works in the interest of the BANKS (Federal Reserve(A PRIVATE holding company BTW)/IMF/World Bank) that have destroyed this country.

She was an attendee at the Bilderburg meeting just as old guv’na GOOD-HAIR Perry who sold our TOLL roads to SPAIN “CINTRA” @ Bilderberg……. you globalists are disgusting,don’t worry the conflagration is coming and the New World Order will die!

pelmof 06/29/2010 6:50am

Dear Senator Hutchison,

Revolution 06/28/2010 7:30pm

You are a disgrace to your country and should be embarrassed to have the UNITED STATES in front of your title.4th of July is upon us-it reminds us of history and how the people can come together to make a difference.I hope you and your family meet the same outcome as the 15,000,000+ unemployed.You turned your back on the Citizens by playing games and stupid antics.Assistance needs to be offered to ease the minds of the families and allow continued dignity no matter the cost. You spend OUR money like water and the American people MUST and SHOULD be priority one!
“As good government is an empire of laws, how shall your laws be made? In a large society,inhabiting an extensive country,it is impossible that the whole should assemble to make laws. The first necessary step, then,is to depute power from the many to a few of the most wise and good.”
John Adams, Thoughts on Government, 1776
Obviously we dont have the few wise and good in the senate-but we have the power to change that.

dankennedy73 06/22/2010 7:59pm
in reply to warrior Oct 05, 2009 10:29pm

Before you go invoking the Constitution try reading it and doing some research on the men and vision which influenced it! I am so sick of these Neo-Cons trying to twist the spirit of one of the most sacred documents of human (not just American) history.
Thomas Paine (not that you would even know who he was) said “The cause of America is in Great measure the cause of all Mankind,” Common Sense, 1776

plmcdowelltx1 06/21/2010 1:30pm

When John Cornyn held the position of the Attorney General of Texas his office was absolutely no help to help to me while I was trying to recover the more than $18K my exhusband owed me in back child support for my oldest daugther. Now that you and he are US Senators, neither of your offices are of any assistance. I am now raising two young children and have been unemployed for more than a year. The $392 I draw each week in unemployment is the only reason we are not homeless! I have worked, paid taxes and social security for more than 30 years. I am 25 years away from being able to draw social security, for which I am sure I will never see a dime due to government’s overspending and I’m not talking about overspending on unemployment extensions! I have also been a lifelong Republican but not anymore. You and John Cornyn will both receive a nay vote from me come re-election time and hopefully from everyone else I can convince to do the same!

AnnaSchaefer 06/21/2010 12:12am

You and the rest of the Republicans are so transparent! President Obama, as well as us Americans, know what you are doing. Stalling and not voting on what the people want and need in this country. Do the job you were elected to do, and start voting! Your tactics in stalling is only going to back fire on you all. Show our President some respect. How you treat him, is a reflection on how you treat us Americans. We may have been fooled in the past, but not anymore! We The People have spoken by electing President Obama into office. We need change and we need it now! And quit blaming President Obama for the disaster in the Gulf. Enough is enough!

elleedr 06/18/2010 10:16am

If you are apart of the American unemployed or share the same views as the unemployed and want to have a peaceful march on Washington to show that we do need our unemployment or in support of unemployment, email me at unemploymentmarch@yahoo.com. This has to be done, a peaceful stand needs to take place soon to make a difference. Before a lot of Americans lose the little bit that they do have. We didn’t ask for the economy to be this way and it is not our fault that we can not find jobs all at the same time. We worked all of our lives and now that we need help, the people in congress is saying no! We are the ones that help pay for wars, national disasters, and the congressmen paychecks. Now they are telling us that they cannot pass a bill so we can feed and house our families. What is more important the “Oil Spill” or the unemployed and their children. I don’t think so, it’s time for a peaceful march, email me at unemploymentmarch@yahoo.com, to make a peaceful stand now.

DOUGLASFIELD 04/26/2010 11:58am

DEAR SENATOR,

• CAN ANYONE EXPLAIN OTHER THEN SATAN HOW TEXAS GOVERNOR RICK PERRY ON ONE HAND PARDONS FORMER TEXAS INMATE TIMOTHY COLE WHO WAS WRONGFULLY EXECUTED WITHOUT BEING ALLOWED TO EXONERATE HIMSELF USING DNA TESTING IN TEXAS , AND WITHIN THE SAME MONTH THIS SAME GOVERNOR RICK PERRY OF TEXAS DENIES YET ANOTHER DNA TEST PRIOR ANOTHER POSSIBLE WRONGFUL EXECUTION OF HANK SKINNER ???
jonvaljean 03/10/2010 10:34pm

Lastly, I know that I might not appear to be the most credible of minds in manners of formal politics nor the most informed. I fail to see a concrete reason why I should not be heard. I am going to college, I am working on becoming the best possible person I could be. I have my fair share of regrets and terrible mistakes as much as the next person, but I am working on making up for them. To get a point, I would appreciate it greatly if you could provide me with some sort of feedback here, or if desired, by other means(we can work out those details on a more personal level). Please excuse my bad grammar in my comments, I am limited to a certain amount of characters.
I have so much more to talk about, but sadly my homework calls. Thanks for your time Senator.

-Jonathan Montez

jonvaljean 03/10/2010 10:16pm

A youth that mostly finds education boring. A youth that would rather help themselves than strangers. This could even be said about adults in this country as well. I know that this idea might seem farfetched (if not down right ignorant) to many people as their imagination has been crushed by our “way of life”. But just imagine the amount of funds to be appropriated across the board. Any education crisis, gone. Health care can be free. Energy can be made and used better. Environmental concerns can be tackled. The change that this idea could bring us would be unprecedented. Hopefully, you might see a glimmer or hope in this idea. I just want nothing but a better life for everyone world-wide, and if some people can’t see this then I hope they will in the future. Now myquick second topic, I noticed on your bill section that you are supporting bills that would temp. ban certain apparel production(?), if you could provide me with more information on these bills I would greatly appreciate it.

jonvaljean 03/10/2010 10:01pm

Good day Senator, Allow me to touch on one of the comments that stuck out to me personally, first; specifically HR-45. I feel that this bill wouldn’t be entirely wrong (and excuse my naive idea) if only it were to rid the firearm fully. For what is future peace if we still deem it necessary to arm ourselves in every corner? People feel fear partly because we are conditioned to do so by countless numbers of sources. While on the other hand, people are “forced” to commit crimes because of a flawed system across the board; i.e. insurance, education system, healthcare. We should be trying to help one another, not kill or even rise above. We should remain fully equal; no greying. We could even push this bill at an international level, should it go further as to banning all weaponry. Our government alone spends tremendous amounts of money on weapon systems upgrades as well as new weapon technology. This of course is spun off by some media as ,“cool”. The direct effect of this is a mad youth.

Superpower 03/05/2010 5:33am

Let this be a lesson to you: http://www.americanthinker.com/2010/03/texas_sized_lesson_the_new_ton.html

damonthx 02/10/2010 4:31am

CFR and Bilderberg member: That alone makes you one of them, and not one of us. It’s time for you to go. You don’t represent the interests of Texans by any stretch of the imagination. You are part of the problem and don’t have the power to stand up to your ‘Masters.’

DOUGLASFIELD 02/03/2010 1:25pm

SENATOR,

• MANY MORE IN OUR U.S. CONGRESS ARE NOW FINDNG OUT THE TRUTH OTHER THEN SENATOR WEBB AND THOSE OTHERS IN THE NOW… IN CONGRESS
chris59970 01/24/2010 3:44pm
in reply to pdub04 Nov 22, 2009 10:17pm

So instead of forcing people to purchase affordable health insurance which is clearly far more important than car insurance we have the emergency room as our concept of basic care. Well that is the heart of the problem. For all of those people that go to the emergency room and cannot afford the procedures, the cost gets passed on to those of us who already pay for health insurance. The liberty to think for myself has allowed me to rationalize that it is far more logical for every American to purchase health insurance rather than pass on the cost to everyone else. It would also be nice to know that in the case that I or someone in my family has cancer or a long term illness loses their job, they will be able to maintain coverage in the future despite their condition. So you are right it is ludicrous to compare it to car insurance because the cost of a human life and the necessity of affordable basic care is far more important than any material item.

pdub04 11/22/2009 10:17pm
in reply to chris59970 Nov 08, 2009 11:32am
The concept of comparing health insurance to car insurance is ludacris! You don’t have to own a care therefore you don’t have to have car insurance which mandates liability and comprehensive coverage of damage by your use of the car on tax payer supported highway systems, on the otherhand it is your God given right to live! so by comparing car insurance to health insurance you mean that it is the Governments duty to assign a intrinsic value to your life as it would damages to a car. The concept of basic health insurance is already in existance, it is called the emergency room. I have no need nor desire to be told to purchase health insurance by someone that lives in never never land aka. washington D.C. 2,000 miles away, which determines how I should live and eat. I would hope you cherish the liberty to think for yourself as much as I do.
dabears 11/13/2009 1:13pm

I am from Texas and would like you to support the Internet Preservation Act, H.R.3458.

dabears 11/13/2009 1:02pm
in reply to chris59970 Nov 08, 2009 11:32am

Your husband has cancer and you don’t support fixing our broken healthcare system?

chris59970 11/08/2009 11:32am
in reply to warrior Oct 05, 2009 10:29pm

These bills are not anti-constitutional by any stretch of the imagination. It should be a right, not a privilege to have affordable healthcare coverage. There are far too many lies out there about what these bills will or will not do. Americans deserve quality healthcare and should not be denied coverage due to pre-existing conditions. How sad is it that as a country many of us accept the fact that when people are sick and cannot get coverage due to a pre-existing condition, we have come to just accept it.

If these bills are unconstitutional, then the same argument should be made about being forced to have car insurance, or wear seat-belts but nobody makes that argument because it would be ridiculous. The same should be true for basic health insurance. Those without coverage are driving up the costs for the rest of us.

justoneman 11/08/2009 3:10am

The voters will hold all of you accountable come Election Day for selling THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA TO China by passing and letting your other brethren to pass bills we cannot afford. I think the first spending cut should be in politician’s salaries. However, I am just one man with only one vote but I am not the only one who feels this way and you all in DC will reap what you sew come Election Day.

bolcf 11/04/2009 9:37am

Our beloved country, land of the free and home of the brave, is disappearing right before our very eyes! Would ANYBODY have even DREAMED 10 years ago, that our politicians would even be CONSIDERING some of the bloated, anti-constitutional bills they have been PASSING?? The US dollar is on the brink of collapse, China and many other debtors are bailing on it, and the FED just keeps on printing!! This senator has helped to usher in inflation, corruption, greed, socialism, marxism, and ultimately communism. If we continue down the road we are headed, we will be a police state in less than 3 years. The USD will be non-existent; our sovereignty dissolved with the stroke of “progressive” (which is code for communistic) pens….all for the good of the collective. There IS no right or left! There is either AMERICAN, or anti-American!!

warrior 10/05/2009 10:29pm
in reply to fortermlimits Sep 07, 2009 7:37pm

I AGREE……I HAVE NEVER BE INVOLVED IN POLITICS UNTIL MY HUSBAND WAS DIAGNOSIS WITH TERMINAL CANCER AND BEGAN TO WATCH CSPN. I WAS AND AM SHOCKED AT YOUR ARROGANT BEHAVIOR. I ALSO BELIEVE YOU AND MS. SNOW NEED TO SKIP LUNCH AND READ THE CONSTITUTION. WE THE PEOPLE HAVE HAD ENOUGH!!!!!
1) NO PUBLIC OPTION
2) NO ILLEGAL ALIENS SHOULD SHARE THE WEALTH
3) CLOSE THE BORDERS
4) IMPEACH THE MARXIST

YOU REALLY NEED TO STAY IN WASHINGTON AND REGAIN THE CONFIDENCE OF YOUR CONSTITUENTS. WE ARE FORGIVING, HOWEVER WE WILL NOT LAY DOWN OUR ARMS AND WILL NOT LET YOU REVOKE OUR CONSTITUTION. NOW GET BACK TO WORK AND MAKE US PROUD…..QUIT PLAYING PETTY POLITICAL GAMES !

sarabialb 09/26/2009 10:41am

American needs Health Care Reform with a Public Option. Insurance companies have a monopoly and needs competition to drive costs down. Congress has had over 40 years to get it right. We need it now.

fortermlimits 09/07/2009 7:37pm

I can’t believe you voted for HR2454. Let’s vote her out in 2012. We don’t want you for Govnor either. You have been in Washington too long!!!

christianamerican 08/26/2009 9:51pm
in reply to Sunnydayz Mar 17, 2009 6:15pm

Sunnydayz, I couldn’t have said it better myself. There is enough government interference in our lives without having them coming into our homes.

Sunnydayz 03/17/2009 6:15pm

I am very concerned about my 2nd amendment right to bear arms. Our society is fraught with criminals and the safety of our family is in our own hands. I am concerned that my right to protect myself, and my children from an intruder is about to be taken from me lest, I agree to unannounced government searches upon my home. Neither choice is acceptable. Please help us fight to protect our right to protect ourselves. We do not need more government. We need more people in office to protect the rights we already have. I am counting on you to be one of those people.

32.9%