Former Sen. Edward Kennedy

Democrat  •  Massachusetts 9 Terms  •  Sworn In 1962
Last Term 2007 - 2009 View All

LibertarianLady 08/20/2009 10:44am

Kennedy said "… I also believe it is vital for this Commonwealth to have two voices speaking for the needs of its citizens and two votes in the Senate during the approximately five months between a vacancy and an election.’’

I would like to know exactly what the people will miss that they are not currently receiving. The people do not have two senators representing them right now. There is one representing them. Kennedy has only voted on a miniscule amount of bills (one of which was introduced by himself), isn’t filling his duties on committees, and isn’t serving the people.

If Kennedy really cared about the people he would be upfront about his inability to serve due to his health and resign because of an inability to fill his position. If he really cared he would want the people to be represented, not have a senator who hardly ever votes and is unavailable for debate.

ranarore 07/02/2009 11:58am

i would like to thank you dear sen.you sponsor “Reuniting Families Act” bill S.1085, and i urge you please to push it forward as much as you can, you are doing something great for thousands of families that are separated from each other, please help us to re unit with our families through this bill, which will help us really and speed up the process for family members of legal immigrants to secure visas. Specifically, it would reclassify spouses and children of legal immigrants as immediate relatives, raise the per-country family-sponsored and employment-based immigration limits from 7 percent to 10 percent of total admissions, recapture visas that went unused in previous years due to bureaucratic errors, allow widows and spouses to remain eligible for visas after the death of a sponsoring family member, and more. will solve our problems and pains.. i beg you to help us .. please..
God Bless you.

TheGuyFromThatState 07/01/2009 9:08am
in reply to TheGuyFromThatState Jul 01, 2009 9:04am

Oops, Type’o… Unlike you, Mr.Kennedy, I look for my mistakes and return to fix them… Sound advice, boy, take it.

“They obviously don’t keep their jobs, due to skill”
Solved.

TheGuyFromThatState 07/01/2009 9:04am

Agreed, it would be nice if our CPS could stop treating our kids like sex toys or property… It would be even better if we got together and pulled these failed loosers out of their given positions. The obviously don’t keep the jobs due to skill. Why not fire them? You know, we can still do that.

kgotjesus2001 04/30/2009 8:35am

Since the accident, Kennedy ‘s “political enemies” have referred to him as the distinguished Senator from Chappaquiddick. He pled guilty to leaving the scene of an accident, and was given a SUSPENDED SENTENCE OF TWO MONTHS. Kopechne’s family received a small payout from the Kennedy ‘s insurance policy, and never sued. There was later an effort to have her body exhumed and autopsied, but her family successfully fought against this in court, and Kennedy ’s family paid their attorney’s bills… a “token of friendship”?

kgotjesus2001 04/30/2009 8:35am

Instead Kennedy made his way to his hotel, called his lawyer, and went to sleep. Kennedy called the police the next morning and by then the wreck had already been discovered. Before dying, Kopechne had scratched at the upholstered floor above her head in the upside-down car. The Kennedy family began “calling in favors,” ensuring that any inquiry would be contained. Her corpse was whisked out-of-state to her family, before an autopsy could be conducted. Further details are uncertain, but after the accident Kennedy says he repeatedly dove under the water trying to rescue Kopechne, and he didn’t call police because he was in a state of shock. It is widely assumed Kennedy was drunk, and he held off calling police in hopes that his family could fix the problem overnight.

kgotjesus2001 04/30/2009 8:34am

He swam to shore and walked back to the p arty, after passing several houses and a fire station. Then two friends returned with him to the scene of the accident. According to their later testimony, they told him what he already knew, that he was required by law to immediately report the accident to the authorities.

kgotjesus2001 04/30/2009 8:34am

In 1964, he was seriously injured in a plane crash, and hospitalized for several months. Test results done by the hospital at the time he was admitted had shown he was legally intoxicated. The results of those tests remained a “state secret” until in the 1980’s when the report was unsealed Didn’t hear about that from the unbiased media, did we.
On July 19, 1969, Kennedy attended a party on Chappaquiddick in Massachusetts . At about 11:00 PM, he borrowed his chauffeur’s keys to his Oldsmobile limousine, and offered to give a ride home to Mary Jo Kopechne, a campaign worker. Leaving the island via an unlit bridge with no guard rail, Kennedy steered the car off the bridge, flipped, and into Poucha Pond.

Anonymous 02/23/2009 2:55pm

Brain tumor? Who couldn’t have guessed that? I think that all of the democrats should get thier heads examined after seeing what the current administration stands for. I always thought his liver would go first though. Sympathy for the woman he drowned in the pond. My guns have killed fewer people than his car. Remember that on the next gun control vote!

Anonymous 10/24/2008 3:38pm

I called your office and talked to an aide who said Senator Kennedy was at home fighting brain cancer. I called back and suggested his wife call a press conference from their home. I said that now was the time for Senator Kennedy to fight for unemployed workers and reintroduce 2544!
Today I read that Kennedy is fighting for the health care system from his home. The millions of unemployed also needed his help and advocacy!!!!!!!!!! Don’t abandon us. Do NOT compromise. Finish what he started!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous 10/18/2008 12:02pm

JUDICIAL INJUSTICES BEING INFLICTED ON POORER AMERICANS NEEDS….C*H*A*N*G*E…..

SENATOR OBAMA, PLEASE LET THE AMERICAN VOTERS AND THE INTERNATIONAL COMMUNITY KNOW YOUR FEELINGS AND THOUGHTS ABOUT A NEEDED FUTURE REPAIR AND RENOVATION OF A BROKEN US JUDICIAL SYSTEM THAT CONTINUES TO ALLOW THE EXECUTION’S OF EVEN POSSIBLE INNOCENT AMERICAN’S LIKE TROY DAVIS OF GEORGIA ?

BEING THE WEALTHIEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD SENATOR OBAMA, DON’T WE NEED AS THE LEADERS OF THE FREE WORLD TO BEGIN ONCE AGAIN TO RE-INVEST THE PROPER MONIE$ IN OUR OWN US JUDICIAL SYSTEM, ASSURING ALL OF OUR CITIZENS THEIR RIGHTS TO FAIR TRIALS WITH PROPER LEGAL REPRESENTATION ???

DOES GOD NEED TO LOBBY OUR US CONGRESSIONAL LEADERS OF THE FREE WORLD ON BEHALF OF OUR poorer american’s SENATOR OBAMA,OR ARE YOU WATCHING OUT FOR THEM ?? ***OUR US CONGRESS CONTINUES TO DENY MIDDLE CLASS AND WORKING POOR AMERICANS PROPER LEGAL REPRESENTATION EVEN THOUGH WRONGFUL EXECUTIONS & FALSE INCARCERATIONS CONTINUE ALL ACROSS AMERICA ???

• 700 BILLION $$$ AVAILABLE FOR US BAILOUT, & NO $$$ FOR ALL POORER AMERICANS PROPER LEGAL REPRESENTATION ?
    SENATOR OBAMA, THIS JUDICIAL INJUSTICE HAS BECOME AN AMERICAN ART FORM, AND NO LONGER CAN BE KEPT HIDDEN OR SECRET FROM THE AMERICAN PEOPLE EVEN IF CERTAIN (501c3) U$ RELIGIOU$ LEADER$ HAVE BEEN $ILENCED ??

LETS ALL HOPE OUR MEDIA FRIENDS CONTINUE TO SHOW AN INTEREST IN REPORTING ON THIS AMERICAN HORROR FACING THESE (TENS OF THOUSANDS) FORGOTTEN AND TRAPPED POORER AMERICANS, AND HOW THIS PRESIDENTIAL CONTENDER HANDLES THIS VERY SERIOUS ISSUE FACING AMERICA’S LATINO AND BLACK AMERICAN COMMUNITIES ????

WITH 80% OF THE BLACK AMERICAN VOTERS SAYING THEY SUPPORT SENATOR OBAMA IN THIS PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION, IT IS ONLY FAIR FOR EVERYONE TO KNOW PRIOR BEING ELECTED OUR NEXT PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES HOW THIS DEMOCRATIC SENATOR TRULY FEELS ABOUT THIS AMERICAN JUDICIAL INJUSTICE CONTINUING TO INFLICT GRAVE HARM ON THE BLACK & LATINO AMERICAN FAMILIES AND THEIR COMMUNITIES NATIONWIDE ??

• WHEN GOD’S FACE BECAME VERY RED * THE US SUPREME COURT GAVE ENEMY COMBATANTS FEDERAL APPEAL HC RIGHTS LAWYERS AND PROPER ACCESS TO US FEDERAL COURTS,AND POORER AMERICANS (MANY EVEN ON DEATH ROW) ARE DENIED PROPER FEDERAL APPEAL LEGAL REPRESENTATION TO OUR US FEDERAL COURTS OF APPEAL, AND ROTTING IN AMERICAN PRISONS NATIONWIDE ?????
  • INNOCENT AMERICANS ARE DENIED REAL HC RIGHTS WITH THEIR FEDERAL APPEALS ! THE AMERICAN PEOPLE ARE $LOWLY FINDING OUT HOW EA$Y IT I$ FOR MIDDLE CLA$$ AND WORKING POOR AMERICAN$ TO FALL VICTIM TO OUR U$ MONETARY JUDICIAL $Y$TEM.

WHEN THE US INNOCENT WERE ABANDONED BY THE GUILTY **** The prison experts have reported that there are 100,000 innocent Americans currently being falsely imprisoned along with the 2,300,000 total US prison population nationwide.

WHERE ARE AMERICA’S RELIGIOUS LEADERS ???
Since our US Congress has never afforded poor prison inmates federal appeal legal counsel for their federal retrials,they have effectively closed the doors on these tens of thousands of innocent citizens ever being capable of possibly exonerating themselves to regain their freedom through being granted new retrials.

This same exact unjust situation was happening in our Southern States when poor and mostly uneducated Black Americans were being falsely imprisoned for endless decades without the needed educational skills to properly submit their own written federal trial appeals.

This devious and deceptive judicial process of making our poor and innocent prison inmates formulate and write their own federal appeal legal cases for possible retrials on their state criminal cases,is still in effect today even though everyone in our US judicial system knows that without proper legal representation, these tens of thousands of innocent prison inmates will be denied their rightful opportunities of ever being granted new trials from our federal appeal judges!!

Sadly, the true US legal Federal Appeal situation that occurs when any of our uneducated American prison inmates are forced to attempt to submit their own written Federal Appeals (from our prisons nationwide) without the assistance of proper legal counsel, is that they all are in reality being denied their legitimate rights for Habeas Corpus with our US FEDERAL COURTS and will win any future Supreme Court Case concerning this injustice!

For our judicial system and our US Congressional Leaders Of The Free World to continue to pretend that this is a real and fair opportunity for our American Middle Class and Working Poor Citizens, only delays the very needed future change of Federal Financing of all these Federal appeals becoming a normal formula of Our American judicial system.

It was not so very long ago that Public Defenders became a Reality in this country.Prior that legal reality taking place, their were also some who thought giving anyone charged with a crime a free lawyer was a waste of taxpayers $$.

This FACADE and HORROR of our Federal Appeal proce$$ is not worthy of the Greatest Country In The World! ***GREAT SOCIETIES THAT DO NOT PROTECT EVEN THEIR INNOCENT, BECOME THE GUILTY !

A MUST READ ABOUT AMERICAN INJUSTICE:
1) YAHOO 2) GOOGLE MANNY GONZALES THE KID THAT EVERYONE FORGOT IN THE CA PRISON SYSTEM.

• A JUDICIAL RIDE OF ONES LIFE !

Someone please tell our US Congress that the GED degree that Manny Gonzales acquired in prison is not a LAW DEGREE !!!!!!

lawyersforpooramericans@yahoo.com (424-247-2013)

OliviasMom 08/08/2008 5:52pm

Dear Senator Kennedy,

I am pleading with you to vote in favor of H.R. 4926, here is my personal reason why:

My first awareness of Longated QT Syndrome (LQTS) or Sudden Cardiac Arrest (SCA) in young adults was April 12, 2004. On this day I went into my daughter’s bedroom to wake her up for school and found her not breathing. My daughter was in the hospital for 10 days, on life support. The doctors were not sure why this seemingly healthy, 14 year old girl, would just stop breathing. After days of running test after test, a cardiologist was finally able to give us a diagnosis, Long QT syndrome.

What, what is Long QT Syndrome? What were the warning signs my daughter would have had? Why didn’t her pediatrician detect this problem at birth? Why, when I took her to the doctor for headaches, dizziness, feeling as though she were going to faint, why didn’t they request an EKG, or why didn’t I request it? Why, because I was unaware of this silent killer known as Long QT Syndrome.

Olivia had always been an energetic, bright, beautiful child. She was so curious about everything, always wanting excitement and adventure in her life. Olivia was very active as a cheerleader and loved to play basketball. Olivia was very competitive, healthy as can be, so we thought.

April 22, 2004, my 14 year old daughter, Olivia Corinne Hoff, passed away.

As a mother, I am writing this to bring public awareness to our local community about LQTS and SCA and the importance of AED’in our local schools in.

It was four years April 22, 2008 that my daughter passed away. Not a day goes by that I don’t ask myself, Why didn’t I know, why didn’t I see the warning signs ? If I had, maybe Olivia would be alive today. Unfortunately, for me and my family, our life is forever changed. As a mom, I cannot express the depth of pain in losing a child. When my daughter died, a part of me died too.

I understand that this bill would, among other things, establish a grant program for local education agencies to purchase automated external defibrillators (AEDs) and train school staff to perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) and correctly use AEDs.

I ask that you please do your part to save lives by doing what you can to see that the Senate passes H.R. 4926, Josh Miller HEARTS Act. There are many parents grieving the loss of their children and feeling the same pain that I will, we will feel, for the rest of our lives.

I am a Mom on a Mission to do whatever I can to save the lives or our children. I will not let Olivia’s death be in vain. Olivia cannot speak out about LQTS. Olivia cannot ask the Senate to help pass H.R. 4926. I am Olivia’s voice. As Olivia’s mom, I will continue to do all that I can to honor my daughter’s memory, as memories is all I have.

Sincerely,

Corinne Ruiz, Olivia’s mom
604 Harvest Creek Rd
Bakersfield, CA 93312-4005

Anonymous 07/27/2008 5:56am

I think exceptionally high unemployment should be defined. How can a bill be passed with such vague terminology?

gkdaw_usa 07/15/2008 3:02pm

I think if one or more of the senators have a vested interest in Oil or alterative energy, they should not be able to vote becouse they have a vested interest in one or the other and it will be the only way to get a real honest VOTE in Congress.

Anonymous 06/11/2008 7:05pm

Wouldn’t you think that Barack (who you endorsed) could get back to work in the Senate and do SOMETHING concrete for this country?
He’s being paid for this job and doing nothing.
Why can’t he pass Kennedy’s bill (which he cosponsored)?
If he can’t get things done in the Senate, don’t EVEN make promises for when it’s too late!!!!!!!!!!!
Give up a photo op, Barack, and get some work done in the Senate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous 06/08/2008 1:56pm

PLEASE HONOR SENATOR KENNEDY’s WORK by PASSING 2544!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous 05/18/2008 12:37am

Hope you get well soon,

Anonymous 05/16/2008 8:31pm

I have taken the time to read all the above comments which seems to be centered around desparate people who need assistance to survive. This is not a reality tv show!! America is in despriate need of government representatives who are willing to for-go the money they receive from big companies to fundle money into their re-election funds!!
These companies own Washington now!! I once spoke to a first time representative during his first campaign and ask him to “keep it honest.” I now believe he has sold me out!!! I do not think I will ever vote for him again. NOW…let’s look at the picture with one of our upcoming Dem. political candidates….Mr. Obama and his Senate Bill 2433. This is another tax to be placed on middle working class taxpayers. He is willing to sponsor a bill that would take .7% of this nations GNP and give it to the UN. We all know how the UN squanders money and gives it to unknown individuals in some unforgotten place! This is going to be in the tune of a a world tax for us to pay. This bill has already passed the House and is now in the Senate. Let’s see if Kennedy can stand up to Obama on this bill, especially, since he has endorsed him for President. I don’t think so!! We (anyone with a lick-of-sense) all know that the next President will have to raise taxes to pay for Bush’s War which is costing middle class taxpayers several billion dollars each month. You do not hear anything about the Chinese buying up the Treasury Notes from the Fed. Reserve to finance Bush’s War. The Chinese are building the world’s largest/best submarine force from all the money that is being made from sale of products in this country. Thus, we are financing their military and the sale of our own country to the Chinese!! Mr. Kennedy when are you going to step up to the plate and stop the deportation of American jobs so that these people will not need unemplovment benefits…however, since America is in the current situation something must be done…therefore, support the bill these individuals are requesting you to do……also, you must be expecting something in return for your endorsement of another political candidate…WHAT IS IT!!!
One might get the idea that I am against some individuals who are running for President of this great nation…however, I am for a person who will uphold the Constitution of the United States….I haven’t seen that done in several years….too much graft in the political officals today. Its time for those in offices in Washington under the pretense of representing the American to face up to the problems facing the taxpayers:
1. The economy….companies moving out of our borders to
avoid unions, benefits for workers, and Social
Security payments, etc.
2. Immigration….this is part of the problem with the
economy….there is no such thing as “UNEMPLOYMENT”.
Just lots of work that some American’s will not do.
Send some of the Mexicans back and tell Americans
jobs are now availible. If you are going to
represent America have the balls to step up to the
plate and do so! NOT FOREIGNERS who have no rights
under our Constitution except to be treated as humans
and sent back to their country via their country’s
expense!
3. Bush’s War….have the balls to stop the funding of a
war that he started….and I am not talking about the
one in Afganistan! Cutting funds is not ending your
support for the troups..which everyone hollows when
this issue comes up…it is going to get them out of
harms way…tell Bush you are not going to support
this any more that it is over…don’t let him carry
his war over into the next adm. for someone else to
deal with and to have to swollow the blame.

AN IF YOU CAN NOT DO THESE THINGS YOU NEED TO HAVE BRASS ENOUGH ON YOUR FACE AND STEP ASIDE AND LET SOME ONE WHO WILL. JUST TO LET YOU KNOW…I AM 66 YEARS OLD…IF THAT MEANS ANYTHING…I HAVE BEEN KEEPING UP WITH YOU IN OFFICE FROM DAY ONE AND SOME OF IT HAS NOT BEEN NICE…SO && OR GET OFF THE POT!!!!

Anonymous 04/29/2008 10:55am

my unemployment benefits end in 3 weeks i still cannot find a job please push for the extended benefits.

WashingtonGirl 04/15/2008 11:20am

Senator Kennedy,

It is an honor to have a man like you serving the people of America for so long. You are indeed the hardest working person in the Senate. Thank you for standing up for the middle class. Many of us have been unemployed for over 6 months now. I am now using up my retirement account. As a middle aged person, there are not a lot of years to repair the damage. I believed in the American dream by working hard and obtaining college degrees. Bush’s policies and his war have squandered our futures. With job shrinkage, rising food and gas prices, we are fearful of our futures. Please continue the fight for UI extended benefits.

My best,

Washington State Resident

Anonymous 04/12/2008 4:06pm

I am unemployed and a mother of four. I am getting very concerned that I will exhaust my unemployment benefits in the near future. Please continue to push for an extension that is desperately needed by so many here, that were forced from their positions in companies that have moved their workforce overseas.

Anonymous 04/11/2008 8:38pm

Last unemployment check was a week ago Tuesday. I even went to school to update my computer certs…Applied for at least 70 jobs. Only about 4 responses, and nothing solid yet.

Please, my family needs help now. I am looking like I used to…I used to get companies fighting over me and offering me sign on bonuses (Information Technology). Now it’s even hard to get an interview because of the # of applicants.

Out of money, and worrying…………

Anonymous 04/09/2008 5:41am

Fight Ted Fight! It’s the Irish Way!
IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH! A TRAITOR! A LIAR! A THEIF! PUT HIM IN THE STREET! EVERYONE SPEAK OUT! DON’T JUST WAIT FOR SOMETHING TO HAPPEN. GET UP AND MAKE IT HAPPEN!

Anonymous 04/08/2008 6:00am

I too am out of work and exhausted my unemployment benefits in February. Presently I have no income and sure could use an extension. I also have no health insurance either. I’m hanging in there with a small savings that I have but that is going to take me only so far. HELP!!!!!

GulfWarVet 04/07/2008 10:07pm

God Bless you Ted Kennedy for sponsoring S2544. You’re one of the few politicians that still watches out for the average Joe. I and my family would be very greatful for a few more weeks of unemployment compensation just to get us thru this rough patch until another job comes around.

After having served honorably in Afghanistan and Iraq, I returned to a shaky US economy in July 2006 and was fortunately able to find a job relatively quickly. However, in late August 2007 I was laid-off and have been unable to find work since. I have been working since I was 16 years old (now 35) and have never seen such a depressed economy.

It seems obvious to everyone but the greediest of politicians politicians (and particularly to Bush) that the economy is in a downward spiral. It seems that many politicians are too busy feeding at the trough at the public’s expense, and are so disconnected to the reality of the economic crisis occurring in the country to even notice the disasterous state of the economy.

Can any politician say, “HOME MORTGAGE CRISIS, HIGH FUEL PRICES, STAGFLATION, RAMPANT UNEMPLOYMENT, MEDICAL INSURANCE COSTS THAT HAVE TRIPLED IN THE LAST FIVE YEARS?” Oh yea, I forgot, politicians get the best medical insurance plans for FREE. Well, you’ve got to look out for No. 1 of course. Bush and the spineless politicians that failed to vote for the unemployment extension think that the measly stimulus checks are going to get the economy back on track. HA! What a joke.

Is this how politicians repay servicemen and women that risked their lives when called for duty? It’s disgusting to see fat cat politicians living “high on the hog” while the rest of us are left scrambling for crumbs.

These politicians that are dragging their feet on S2544 need to WAKE UP and get your headS out of their . . . the sand. We’re in a RECESSION and the unemployed need relief RIGHT NOW, not tomorrow or the next day, RIGHT NOW! Let’s move S. 2544 along.

Your humble servant in arms.

Anonymous 04/07/2008 10:04pm

Your humble servant in arms.

Anonymous 04/03/2008 8:27am

Recently unemployed worker in a depression ridden state says=HELP?

Anonymous 03/19/2008 1:11pm

I TOO AM OUT OF WORK AND ABOUT TO RUN OUT OF UNEMPLOYMENT MONEY (FRIDAY!). I LEARNED AT MY NJ UNEMPLOYMENT COUNSELING SESSIONS THAT BEING OVER 40!!!! MAKES IT TOUGH TO GET A JOB. CHECK OUT THE WORKERS WHO DO HAVE JOBS, THEY MAY BE YOUNG BUT COMMITTED? EFFICIENT? EVEN NICE? WOW, SOME SOCIETY THAT DOES NOT RECOGNIZE THAT EXPERIENCE COUNTS AS MUCH AS A MASTERS DEGREE. I HAVE AN ASSOCIATES DEGREE…IT MAY AS WELL BE A 3RD GRADE EDUCATION. 20 YEARS EXPERIENCE WILL GET YOU ABOUT 10 BUCKS AN HOUR. HELP!!!!!!

Anonymous 03/19/2008 1:07pm

i

Anonymous 03/15/2008 10:25am

dear; senator. Kennedy we the people are pleading to act on the bills like s2544 heading up a bill dose not mean squat!the numbers tell you and me that we need unemployment extension now you keep listening to bush it will be ok how has that been working for you.its not for me and hundred of thousand of unemployed will tell you the same we are losing our homes/ correct. i can not predict the future bush said he can (all knowing?)what i know that if we the people do not get help soon there will be no mid/class for you to tax!

Official website: