Former Sen. Jon Kyl

Republican  •  Arizona 3 Terms  •  Sworn In 1995
Last Term 2007 - 2013 View All

quiltenlady 09/25/2012 1:49pm
in reply to Anonymous Feb 11, 2008 7:01pm

Kyl you don’t count trying to post that your the best senator. Nice try though. Just Another Rino in the House of many.

patriot1789 05/12/2011 8:37pm
in reply to poolman Aug 04, 2009 9:19pm

Big business is not the problem. Big government is the problem. Competition and removal of government will give you better health care then a single payer system. Saying government will insure all citizens is an oxymoron. Government doesnt insure anyone. They only subsidize. Government cannot measure risk efficiently and therefore always drive up costs through moral hazard.

If people know no matter what they do they will be covered medically they will never be concerned with the cost of their treatment and doctors will always over charge. If you control doctors more than government already does and force them to offer specific treatment whether needed or not cost will rise and rationing will occur.

The real core problem today is too many people believe healthcare is a right. That everyone is entitled to healthcare. People have a right to pursue good healthcare. Government involvement will only bankrupt the country and provide very low quality healthcare for all.

rlsaz 11/23/2010 11:14am

Sen Kyl – Pull your head out of your ass and stop playing politics with this vitally important treaty! (START) Talk about un-American!
Your record of immaturity and childish behavior since 2008 has proven to me and many others that you and your party would just as soon drive the entire country off a cliff rather than participate in actual governance. You aren’t fit to be dog catcher in Maricopa Co, much less a US senator. A pox on you, your house and your piss-poor political party! A pox!
With utmost sincerity, RL Strickert, Mesa AZ

Spam Comment

sherelynn 07/01/2010 10:53am

SO YOU THINK THAT LIVING OFF OF $240.00 A WEEK MAKES THE PEOPLE IN YOUR STATE LAZY? WHY DON’T YOU TRY TO LIVE OFF OF THAT! YOU THINK VOTING NO EVERYTHING WILL HELP YOUR PARTY IN NOVERMBER? HAVE YOU TALK TO THE UNEMPLOYED REPUBLICAN CONSTITUENTS IN YOUR STATE? WE ARE ALL HURTING, REMEMBER THAT WHILE YOU ENJOY YOURSELF DURING THE 4TH OF JULY WEEK-LONG VACATION.

purplelilac3084 06/29/2010 5:21am

pelmof 06/29/2010 3:56am

Dear Senator Kyle,

Revolution 06/28/2010 6:46pm

You are a disgrace to your country and should be embarrassed to have the UNITED STATES in front of your title.4th of July is upon us-it reminds us of history and how the people can come together to make a difference.I hope you and your family meet the same outcome as the 15,000,000+ unemployed.You turned your back on the Citizens by playing games and stupid antics.Assistance needs to be offered to ease the minds of the families and allow continued dignity no matter the cost. You spend OUR money like water and the American people MUST and SHOULD be priority one!
“As good government is an empire of laws, how shall your laws be made? In a large society,inhabiting an extensive country,it is impossible that the whole should assemble to make laws. The first necessary step, then,is to depute power from the many to a few of the most wise and good.”
John Adams, Thoughts on Government, 1776
Obviously we dont have the few wise and good in the senate-but we have the power to change that.

Spam Comment

elleedr 06/18/2010 10:22am

If you are apart of the American unemployed or share the same views as the unemployed and want to have a peaceful march on Washington to show that we do need our unemployment or in support of unemployment, email me at unemploymentmarch@yahoo.com. This has to be done, a peaceful stand needs to take place soon to make a difference. Before a lot of Americans lose the little bit that they do have. We didn’t ask for the economy to be this way and it is not our fault that we can not find jobs all at the same time. We worked all of our lives and now that we need help, the people in congress is saying no! We are the ones that help pay for wars, national disasters, and the congressmen paychecks. Now they are telling us that they cannot pass a bill so we can feed and house our families. What is more important the “Oil Spill” or the unemployed and their children. I don’t think so, it’s time for a peaceful march, email me at unemploymentmarch@yahoo.com, to make a peaceful stand now.

american101 06/13/2010 10:50pm

This guy should not be in office, many people are worse off than I, but still I was told I can’t extend my benefits until it ended right when this started, I only got 2 months of benefits or less… I’ve been working my whole life as mush as possible and now when I need some help this happens. I was told by unemployment office to call when it ended, and it ended on May 29TH when the unemployment office was closed during the weekend following the holiday and was almost impossible to set up a new claim or for extensions. Now I have almost nothing to go off of and pay bills or even to get food when I just started this program. I look for jobs everyday that’s all I’m devoted to, but their argument is unemployment benefits makes you lazy and not want a job?? My question is how can you provide for your family, pay bills, and survive with the low payment from unemployment and not look for a job? Jon Kyl doesn’t care about Americans, we need vote him out and watch him eat his own words.

DOUGLASFIELD 04/26/2010 11:04am

DEAR SENATOR,

• CAN ANYONE EXPLAIN OTHER THEN SATAN HOW TEXAS GOVERNOR RICK PERRY ON ONE HAND PARDONS FORMER TEXAS INMATE TIMOTHY COLE WHO WAS WRONGFULLY EXECUTED WITHOUT BEING ALLOWED TO EXONERATE HIMSELF USING DNA TESTING IN TEXAS , AND WITHIN THE SAME MONTH THIS SAME GOVERNOR RICK PERRY OF TEXAS DENIES YET ANOTHER DNA TEST PRIOR ANOTHER POSSIBLE WRONGFUL EXECUTION OF HANK SKINNER ???
tekdiveraz 03/21/2010 8:08pm

John Kyl, I thought I knew you. You are a politician, through and through. You are true to no one, not even yourself. Better start packing my friend. I support those who stand by what is right. You sir are pro banking and pro corporation. Hard to believe, but both of these in their current incarnations are soon to be dinosaurs. I guess what they say about the captain going down with the ship is just a way of this world… Those who sell out their citizens better start looking out for their seats. The will of the people will be heard.

Anjou99999 03/02/2010 1:46pm

Utterly despicable behavior.You obviously can not fathom or relate to anyone

making less than a six figure income.Families are living check to check on

Unemployment Benefits through no fault of their own.Political ambition,greed

and corruption is all that seems to drive you and Senator Bunning.

Spam Comment

JamesMichael 12/27/2009 9:15am

Senator Jon Kyl, you are at 39% on this site. Thats a failure in my book….

JamesMichael 12/27/2009 9:14am
in reply to DOUGLASFIELD Oct 16, 2009 10:46pm

PRESIDENT OBAMA AND U.S. SENATOR OLYMPIA SNOWE, both are clowns. Active U.S. Military does have health care that supports imediate family members. The rest will have to get there own. The military is not a democracy. Don’t try foist your values on it….

danljohnston 11/22/2009 11:08am

if you think that obamacare is not going to cost 1 dime, you are an idiot. thanks Senator Kyl for opposing this farce.

OneAngryAmerican 10/29/2009 6:54pm
in reply to Robertsa4h Oct 17, 2009 3:07am

I’m sure Satan will shake his hand and welcome him home !!

saikin 10/26/2009 1:14pm
in reply to Anonymous Feb 11, 2008 7:01pm

Must make you feel powerful holding the fate of so many Americans in your hands… Many many people are very angry with you. I’m hoping that knocks your power level down! If not, It should!

oceansuey1 10/22/2009 5:38am
in reply to Anonymous Feb 11, 2008 7:01pm

u must be nuts this senator is holding up a bill that would give millions extended unemployment benefits yo senator wake up the unemployed blue collar people who build this country need money or we will lose everything. have u seen the numbers on unemployment? its almost double digits get offf your ass and stop holding up the unemployment extension bill. wake up and smell the coffee

randyb22 10/20/2009 7:20pm

Senator Kyl how can you sleep at night. You are taking food out of peoples mouths and for what because your party is more important than the american people. Quit screwing us and for once do your damn job.

starvinginmichigan 10/20/2009 11:53am

KYL YOUR AN ASSHOLE

Robertsa4h 10/17/2009 3:07am

Mr. Kyl:

What is wrong with you?

More importantly, what are you going to tell your Maker when you meet Him?

Robertsa4h 10/17/2009 2:58am
in reply to beanerwe Oct 17, 2009 12:24am

This is very well said, Beanerwe. I too am juggling my bills. I tried getting help on my mortgage, but the legislation isn’t helping the unemployed who need it most. I, like many Americans, worked my butt off putting myself through school – cleaning toilets and chasing after other people’s kids – a small investment I thought at the time in exchange for a secure future. I continued working my butt off for Corporate America saving a good retirement which has been consumed by the IRS. 2008 was a year where I earned more $$ for not working, because of the IRA distribution and severance, than I’ve ever earned in my life and I have nothing to show for it, and am visiting food pantries to keep from starving.

Is this the American dream? Is this what we want to teach our children? Study hard, work hard until Capitalism consumes it all back and reduces you to a beggar?

beanerwe 10/17/2009 12:24am

Gotta love a rich man that cares only about people with money. He has definitely showed his true colors when he decide that the money shouldnt come from the rich and go to the poor. Hasnt he ever heard of Robin Hood? I guess that Kyl (I personally cannot put senator in front of his name because I feel he needs to earn the title) doesnt care that there are people with children out there that are going to have to choose between food or electricity this month and then between rent/mortgage and food next month, if they even have enough money to be able to choose.
I hope that Kyl can hear the stomachs rumbling of all children and adults stomachs all the way in washington. And I hope that you can feel the chill they will have when they cannot turn on their heat when the temperature drops below freezing. I hope that you sleep well at night while 1.4 million people stay awake scared of the unstability you are causing in their lives.

Spam Comment

MrJonson 10/11/2009 5:37pm

Gotta love all the due dilligence on a lousy 2 Billion when they can pass 700 Billion for Banks in 72 hours, or 300 Billion to fix they roads in Iraq they bombed in the first place. The Senate has been sitting on their butts on this bill since 9-22, that is an out rage.

MrJonson 10/11/2009 5:28pm

Ok Senator Kyl, did you actually read the bill? It says it is revenue neutral paid by the $14 per employee tax. So pass the bill for those states in obvious need, then if you want to stall the rest of your fellow Americans come back and add those additional states later. Don’t be expecting re-election with kind of STUPID stall tactic. Besides the point that every expert has already called Extended Benefits a positive economic stimulus… your business pals will be out of business at the Christmas Season when no one buys their products.

PattiwithnoJOB 10/09/2009 1:09pm

Senator Kyl, I hope you have a nice weekend knowing that you are the one responsible for stalling all the people who won’t be getting a UI check in the following weeks to come..
We the people have relied too much on our Government to do the right thing for the people, and boy have they failed us royal…. We the people won’t forget come election time.

Official website: