Former Sen. Jon Kyl

Republican  •  Arizona 3 Terms  •  Sworn In 1995
Last Term 2007 - 2013 View All

billines 10/08/2009 1:55pm

Senator Kyl, why would you delay a bill that would help millions of Americans survive a very hard time in their lives. You should be ashamed of yourself. I’m sure many republicans are ashamed that they voted for you now. You have just cost many Americans… republicans, democrats, and independents, their homes, cars, trucks, and basic necessities to survive this economic downturn. Shame on you and your political games.

AnnaSchaefer 06/21/2010 12:25am

You and the rest of the Republicans are so transparent! President Obama, as well as us Americans, know what you are doing. Stalling and not voting on what the people want and need in this country. Do the job you were elected to do, and start voting! Your tactics in stalling is only going to back fire on you all. Show our President some respect. How you treat him, is a reflection on how you treat us Americans. We may have been fooled in the past, but not anymore! We The People have spoken by electing President Obama into office. We need change and we need it now! And quit blaming President Obama for the disaster in the Gulf. Enough is enough!

Revolution 06/28/2010 6:46pm

You are a disgrace to your country and should be embarrassed to have the UNITED STATES in front of your title.4th of July is upon us-it reminds us of history and how the people can come together to make a difference.I hope you and your family meet the same outcome as the 15,000,000+ unemployed.You turned your back on the Citizens by playing games and stupid antics.Assistance needs to be offered to ease the minds of the families and allow continued dignity no matter the cost. You spend OUR money like water and the American people MUST and SHOULD be priority one!
“As good government is an empire of laws, how shall your laws be made? In a large society,inhabiting an extensive country,it is impossible that the whole should assemble to make laws. The first necessary step, then,is to depute power from the many to a few of the most wise and good.”
John Adams, Thoughts on Government, 1776
Obviously we dont have the few wise and good in the senate-but we have the power to change that.

tekdiveraz 03/21/2010 8:08pm

John Kyl, I thought I knew you. You are a politician, through and through. You are true to no one, not even yourself. Better start packing my friend. I support those who stand by what is right. You sir are pro banking and pro corporation. Hard to believe, but both of these in their current incarnations are soon to be dinosaurs. I guess what they say about the captain going down with the ship is just a way of this world… Those who sell out their citizens better start looking out for their seats. The will of the people will be heard.

Anjou99999 03/02/2010 1:46pm

Utterly despicable behavior.You obviously can not fathom or relate to anyone

making less than a six figure income.Families are living check to check on

Unemployment Benefits through no fault of their own.Political ambition,greed

and corruption is all that seems to drive you and Senator Bunning.

american101 06/13/2010 10:50pm

This guy should not be in office, many people are worse off than I, but still I was told I can’t extend my benefits until it ended right when this started, I only got 2 months of benefits or less… I’ve been working my whole life as mush as possible and now when I need some help this happens. I was told by unemployment office to call when it ended, and it ended on May 29TH when the unemployment office was closed during the weekend following the holiday and was almost impossible to set up a new claim or for extensions. Now I have almost nothing to go off of and pay bills or even to get food when I just started this program. I look for jobs everyday that’s all I’m devoted to, but their argument is unemployment benefits makes you lazy and not want a job?? My question is how can you provide for your family, pay bills, and survive with the low payment from unemployment and not look for a job? Jon Kyl doesn’t care about Americans, we need vote him out and watch him eat his own words.

sherelynn 07/01/2010 10:53am

SO YOU THINK THAT LIVING OFF OF $240.00 A WEEK MAKES THE PEOPLE IN YOUR STATE LAZY? WHY DON’T YOU TRY TO LIVE OFF OF THAT! YOU THINK VOTING NO EVERYTHING WILL HELP YOUR PARTY IN NOVERMBER? HAVE YOU TALK TO THE UNEMPLOYED REPUBLICAN CONSTITUENTS IN YOUR STATE? WE ARE ALL HURTING, REMEMBER THAT WHILE YOU ENJOY YOURSELF DURING THE 4TH OF JULY WEEK-LONG VACATION.

MrJonson 10/11/2009 5:37pm

Gotta love all the due dilligence on a lousy 2 Billion when they can pass 700 Billion for Banks in 72 hours, or 300 Billion to fix they roads in Iraq they bombed in the first place. The Senate has been sitting on their butts on this bill since 9-22, that is an out rage.

starvinginmichigan 10/20/2009 11:53am

KYL YOUR AN ASSHOLE

Robertsa4h 10/17/2009 3:07am

Mr. Kyl:

What is wrong with you?

More importantly, what are you going to tell your Maker when you meet Him?

JamesMichael 12/27/2009 9:15am

Senator Jon Kyl, you are at 39% on this site. Thats a failure in my book….

randyb22 10/20/2009 7:20pm

Senator Kyl how can you sleep at night. You are taking food out of peoples mouths and for what because your party is more important than the american people. Quit screwing us and for once do your damn job.

Anonymous 02/13/2009 6:59am
in reply to Anonymous Feb 11, 2008 7:01pm

HOpe you are joking about Kyl being one of the best senators.
He is a disgrace

saikin 10/26/2009 1:14pm
in reply to Anonymous Feb 11, 2008 7:01pm

Must make you feel powerful holding the fate of so many Americans in your hands… Many many people are very angry with you. I’m hoping that knocks your power level down! If not, It should!

oceansuey1 10/22/2009 5:38am
in reply to Anonymous Feb 11, 2008 7:01pm

u must be nuts this senator is holding up a bill that would give millions extended unemployment benefits yo senator wake up the unemployed blue collar people who build this country need money or we will lose everything. have u seen the numbers on unemployment? its almost double digits get offf your ass and stop holding up the unemployment extension bill. wake up and smell the coffee

blblacks 03/21/2009 12:02pm
in reply to deborahg6 Mar 19, 2009 7:27pm

Kyl, You can’t come up with anything that might help solve the economic mess that you and your republican buddies have put us in. You just say what is being attempted wont work without any suggestions regarding something that might work. How about getting off your ass and doing something except whining.
Signed One of your constituents.
Barry

NoWayz 10/08/2009 1:21pm

Thanks for your stalling of the UI extension bill. I havent eaten in two days so what does another 2 weeks matter anyway. You want to know how much the bill will cost before being voted on when everyone knows that UI benefits barely cover the cost of 3 hots and a cot. Let me guess, you’re going to propose and amendment that the unemployed only be given 1 hot and 3 share a cot.
You are a real peach. MMMMmm a peach sounds good right now but I need to get it out of mind since I ran out of groceries 2 days ago.

beanerwe 10/17/2009 12:24am

Gotta love a rich man that cares only about people with money. He has definitely showed his true colors when he decide that the money shouldnt come from the rich and go to the poor. Hasnt he ever heard of Robin Hood? I guess that Kyl (I personally cannot put senator in front of his name because I feel he needs to earn the title) doesnt care that there are people with children out there that are going to have to choose between food or electricity this month and then between rent/mortgage and food next month, if they even have enough money to be able to choose.
I hope that Kyl can hear the stomachs rumbling of all children and adults stomachs all the way in washington. And I hope that you can feel the chill they will have when they cannot turn on their heat when the temperature drops below freezing. I hope that you sleep well at night while 1.4 million people stay awake scared of the unstability you are causing in their lives.

Robertsa4h 10/17/2009 2:58am
in reply to beanerwe Oct 17, 2009 12:24am

This is very well said, Beanerwe. I too am juggling my bills. I tried getting help on my mortgage, but the legislation isn’t helping the unemployed who need it most. I, like many Americans, worked my butt off putting myself through school – cleaning toilets and chasing after other people’s kids – a small investment I thought at the time in exchange for a secure future. I continued working my butt off for Corporate America saving a good retirement which has been consumed by the IRS. 2008 was a year where I earned more $$ for not working, because of the IRA distribution and severance, than I’ve ever earned in my life and I have nothing to show for it, and am visiting food pantries to keep from starving.

Is this the American dream? Is this what we want to teach our children? Study hard, work hard until Capitalism consumes it all back and reduces you to a beggar?

Anonymous 02/13/2009 6:56am
in reply to Anonymous Jun 11, 2008 7:29pm

THANK GOD BARACK OBAMA is our President working so hard to undoe the dudu that the Bushy ears has put us in.

It is people like you that have brought this country Down from its glory.

sharibear 07/07/2010 4:27pm
in reply to sherelynn Jul 01, 2010 10:53am
pelmof 06/29/2010 3:56am

Dear Senator Kyle,

elleedr 06/18/2010 10:22am

If you are apart of the American unemployed or share the same views as the unemployed and want to have a peaceful march on Washington to show that we do need our unemployment or in support of unemployment, email me at unemploymentmarch@yahoo.com. This has to be done, a peaceful stand needs to take place soon to make a difference. Before a lot of Americans lose the little bit that they do have. We didn’t ask for the economy to be this way and it is not our fault that we can not find jobs all at the same time. We worked all of our lives and now that we need help, the people in congress is saying no! We are the ones that help pay for wars, national disasters, and the congressmen paychecks. Now they are telling us that they cannot pass a bill so we can feed and house our families. What is more important the “Oil Spill” or the unemployed and their children. I don’t think so, it’s time for a peaceful march, email me at unemploymentmarch@yahoo.com, to make a peaceful stand now.

purplelilac3084 06/29/2010 5:21am

OneAngryAmerican 10/29/2009 6:54pm
in reply to Robertsa4h Oct 17, 2009 3:07am

I’m sure Satan will shake his hand and welcome him home !!

DOUGLASFIELD 04/26/2010 11:04am

DEAR SENATOR,

• CAN ANYONE EXPLAIN OTHER THEN SATAN HOW TEXAS GOVERNOR RICK PERRY ON ONE HAND PARDONS FORMER TEXAS INMATE TIMOTHY COLE WHO WAS WRONGFULLY EXECUTED WITHOUT BEING ALLOWED TO EXONERATE HIMSELF USING DNA TESTING IN TEXAS , AND WITHIN THE SAME MONTH THIS SAME GOVERNOR RICK PERRY OF TEXAS DENIES YET ANOTHER DNA TEST PRIOR ANOTHER POSSIBLE WRONGFUL EXECUTION OF HANK SKINNER ???
Anonymous 02/13/2009 6:59am

TOO BAD we have to wait to get rid of you till 2012.

YOU ARE AN IDIOT!
SHAME ON YOU for not supporting our President and help give him a chance to get us out of the ditch you and the Bush Chronies have dog for us

dirtytech 09/29/2009 9:23am

senator kyl please vote no on more gun control laws like hr45,and sb2099. also please fight aginst socialism in any form such as our medical insurance we need reform not socialism with gov. control like hr3200 would have.please do right by the people.thank you.

poolman 08/04/2009 9:19pm

Please support a single-payer health car plan. S 703 would eliminate health for profit and save this country billions and insure all citizens. Get Big business out. 2100 insurance companies and big Pharma treat us like commodities. We need a wellness based system for our health.

nana 10/09/2009 6:36am

How could you delay the bill for extended benefits? The people here in Georgia are hurting enough. The unemployment rate is awful. Our homes have been flooded and now you want to hold up a bill that would ease a little of the burden. You didn’t give a rats *&% about how must it was going to cost to bail out the banks and mortgage companies that got us into this mess in the first place. Did you even read that entire bill (I am guess NO if you had of they would not have gotten the big company bonuses and they themselves would have done something to help the millions of people they screwed in the first place.

Official website: