Sen. Mary Landrieu

Democrat  •  Louisiana  •  3rd Term  •  Sworn In 1997
Current Term 2009 - 2015 View All

rlwilliamson68 03/15/2012 10:53am
in reply to Anonymous Jun 09, 2008 4:37pm
Well said anonymous. I’ve also looked at the comments from tagus. From what I’ve seen tagus, you must think it’s the governments (taxpayer) job to take care of you from cradle to grave. That’s not in the powers granted to them in the Constitution by We The People. Try reading it.
Sunnybrook 02/07/2012 3:59pm

We’re watching you. Our values, as Democrats, are only as strong as our weakest link. Why Democrats Fracking Suck

STAND FOR PROGRESS. STAND FOR PROGRESSIVES.

tagus 09/27/2010 12:52am

The people who have posted here so far are retarded, except for me.

tagus 09/27/2010 12:52am
in reply to benflying Feb 11, 2009 3:19am

“She follows the party line no matter where it leads.”

That’s not true… its 91%. So there have been times where she didn’t follow the party….

tagus 09/27/2010 12:50am
in reply to Anonymous Jun 09, 2008 4:37pm

I downvoted this because I was disappointed that he started over after E. I was hoping for a full alphabet.

And because the comment is long, boring, and retarded.

tagus 09/27/2010 12:49am
in reply to sharibear Jul 07, 2010 5:29pm

I agree~

tagus 09/27/2010 12:48am
in reply to klassylady25 Mar 23, 2010 1:08pm

We’re all way too lazy to act anything like that Japanese WW2 quote of yours. Don’t act like anything will happen.

And I totally agree with John Boehner’s quote, especially the part where he says “Shame on each and every one of you who substitutes your will and your desires above those of your fellow countrymen.”

I have no problem with my tax dollars paying for any of yall’s medical expenses… and if you don’t feel the same way about at least little old me then “shame on you,” just like John Boehner said. And I’m okay with the tax increases, as long as they’re using it to pay for that shit.

So if you don’t feel the same way, suck my dick.

tagus 09/27/2010 12:44am
in reply to tagus Sep 27, 2010 12:43am

Seriously. That’s just not nice.

tagus 09/27/2010 12:43am
in reply to budsbyugirl Mar 23, 2010 9:01am

Its a 5 hour drive to Lafyette from Shreveport even if you break the speed limit. Don’t say that I have access to healthcare now. I don’t.

And even if I was somehow able to make it to Lafyette with whatever problem I had (the extreme example would be a broken bone or something, I guess), you know as well as I do that if it were anything even close to serious, those medical students wouldn’t be able to help me. They’d just refer me somewhere else.

I’m really mad that this is what you call a lollipop with my visit. That just pisses me off.

tagus 09/27/2010 12:40am
in reply to budsbyugirl Mar 23, 2010 8:54am

I want it…

sharibear 07/07/2010 5:29pm
in reply to pelmof Jun 29, 2010 4:51am
pelmof 06/29/2010 4:51am

Dear Senator Landrieu,

Spam Comment

miket985 03/26/2010 5:49pm

Senator Landrieu,

Thank you for voting for the health care bill. I know you are getting taken to task by this mostly red state. But many of these same people complaining about your voting record will probably directly benefit from your support of the health care legistation. Some of them are just too dumb to understand who is helping them. Just as the ill-informed person who said, “Tell the government to keep their hands off my Medicare”, I would guess most people have no clue what this legislation will really do. While I am concerned about the costs and how this will really be paid for, I don’t see it as any worse than having to pay an unfunded trillion dollars for an unneccessary war in Iraq that Bush and the fearmonger Republicans pushed on us. At least U.S. citizens are benefitting from this legislation. Please be careful and watch out for those lunatic fringe tea partiers that are out there.

klassylady25 03/23/2010 1:10pm

You always ask for special treatment…. just like your daddy…
It’s a sweetheart deal!!

klassylady25 03/23/2010 1:08pm

BY THE WAY… NEW ORLEANS HAS LONG BEEN A CHARITY STATE!!!

klassylady25 03/23/2010 1:08pm

You know you wouldn’t the town would have been messed up but more people would have gotten out. My husband grew up there and we still have family in New Orleans.

Your Mayor was a fool!!!

John Boener said in his address to the Floor on Sunday night said, “Shame on each and every one of you who substitutes your will and your desires above those of your fellow countrymen. Around this chamber, looking upon us are the lawgivers. We break the ties of history in this chamber. We break our trust with Americans.”

Many will be watching and looking for men/woman who exemplifies: Honesty, Reverence, Hope, Thrift, Humility, Charity, Sincerity, Moderation, Hard Work, Courage, Personal Responsibility, and Gratitude.

“I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant, and fill him with a terrible resolve” Isoroku Yamamoto

budsbyugirl 03/23/2010 9:01am
in reply to zydecoguru Mar 22, 2010 1:30am

People have access to healthcare NOW.. I have gone to University Medical Center in Lafayette LA. Go visit there its always busy.
What more do people want?? A lolipop with their visit..

I am sick & tired of paying for people who dont want to help themselves or their OWN families. They Just want to Continue to live off the Government for generations.. And Now we paying for all the illegal aliens in this Country!!!

You want to Overhaul something, Start with Welfare and Goverment Handouts,,And Guard our borders to stop illegals.

budsbyugirl 03/23/2010 8:54am

Shame on You for Not listening to the people of LOUISIANA. We do not want OBAMACARE.

I have read that the Government will have real-time acces to my Personnel banking info. This access is going to drain the American public, by all the Government Stickey Fingers and/or Corrupt Gov. workers, Who have no Medical degree deciding if I need treatment or not. This is Crazy. Its definitly not The Land Of The Free (anymore)

zydecoguru 03/22/2010 1:30am

Thank you Senator Landrieu for supporting health care reform. This means so much to the vast numbers of people from Louisiana who have access to little or no health care. You have my support!

Jzyehoshua 03/07/2010 9:16pm

Landrieu has been seemingly criticized unfairly. As she’s pointed out, Republicans in her state like Bobby Jindal supported the measure for Medicaid she’d proposed, and indeed had been pushing for it for months. As a result, Louisiana Republicans are silent and Jindal refuses to speak out against her, or defend her, since she simply did what he’d been pushing for for months.

Landrieu is a pro-life Democrat, affiliated with DFLA. So is Ben Nelson, and his ‘deal’ involved new abortion restrictions on the health care bill. Both make convenient targets, but accusations here may be premature.

Anonymous 02/21/2010 4:29am

DOUGLASFIELD 02/03/2010 12:52pm

SENATOR,

• MANY MORE IN OUR U.S. CONGRESS ARE NOW FINDNG OUT THE TRUTH OTHER THEN SENATOR WEBB AND THOSE OTHERS IN THE NOW… IN CONGRESS
Anonymous 12/25/2009 3:59pm

bribery is wrong. bribery with other people’s money is even worse.

mary landrieu accepted a bribe with taxpayer money. anyone who votes for him is insane.

fortermlimits 12/24/2009 5:53pm

Well, well, well we have here a true democrat, a true liberal, a true traitor to her constituents and we have to put up with her until 2014!!!

Homebuilt7 12/20/2009 7:21am

Whore is an understatement.

rugby6 12/19/2009 4:26pm

How’s all that hope and change workin’ out for all of ya? Huh? What a joke these idiots are in Washington, a sick joke.

OLDSKLCHEVY 12/16/2009 4:45am

Mary Landrieu is not listening to her constituents!

chuckgriever 11/22/2009 1:28pm
in reply to DOUGLASFIELD Oct 16, 2009 10:57pm

Like I said before Doug … we will eat you first!!!

chuckgriever 11/22/2009 1:28pm

So you took the $100 Million bribe from your own party. This wont happen too many more times!!!!

Official website: