Sen. Mary Landrieu

Democrat  •  Louisiana  •  3rd Term  •  Sworn In 1997
Current Term 2009 - 2015 View All

budsbyugirl 03/23/2010 8:54am

Shame on You for Not listening to the people of LOUISIANA. We do not want OBAMACARE.

I have read that the Government will have real-time acces to my Personnel banking info. This access is going to drain the American public, by all the Government Stickey Fingers and/or Corrupt Gov. workers, Who have no Medical degree deciding if I need treatment or not. This is Crazy. Its definitly not The Land Of The Free (anymore)

Sunnybrook 02/07/2012 3:59pm

We’re watching you. Our values, as Democrats, are only as strong as our weakest link. Why Democrats Fracking Suck

STAND FOR PROGRESS. STAND FOR PROGRESSIVES.

klassylady25 03/23/2010 1:08pm

You know you wouldn’t the town would have been messed up but more people would have gotten out. My husband grew up there and we still have family in New Orleans.

Your Mayor was a fool!!!

John Boener said in his address to the Floor on Sunday night said, “Shame on each and every one of you who substitutes your will and your desires above those of your fellow countrymen. Around this chamber, looking upon us are the lawgivers. We break the ties of history in this chamber. We break our trust with Americans.”

Many will be watching and looking for men/woman who exemplifies: Honesty, Reverence, Hope, Thrift, Humility, Charity, Sincerity, Moderation, Hard Work, Courage, Personal Responsibility, and Gratitude.

“I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant, and fill him with a terrible resolve” Isoroku Yamamoto

rugby6 12/19/2009 4:26pm

How’s all that hope and change workin’ out for all of ya? Huh? What a joke these idiots are in Washington, a sick joke.

benflying 02/11/2009 3:19am

Sen. Landieu to listen or be swayed but writing or contact from her stand and vote on any issue. She follows the party line no matter where it leads. She does not stand for anything but Washington inside business as usual. I have written my views on many subjects that we face i8n Louisiana and as a nation. On not one issue has she voted against party lines. And don’t expect to get a response unless you are part of her so called inside friends. Like many in Louisiana politics money and corruption seems to fill their time and average tax payer and voter does not count.

We in Louisiana are left with same response we got from last 5 years since Katrina and Rita. Don’t expect any help because it’s not coming.

People here know the only way out is do it yourself.

tagus 09/27/2010 12:52am
in reply to benflying Feb 11, 2009 3:19am

“She follows the party line no matter where it leads.”

That’s not true… its 91%. So there have been times where she didn’t follow the party….

OLDSKLCHEVY 12/16/2009 4:45am

Mary Landrieu is not listening to her constituents!

Anonymous 12/25/2009 3:59pm

bribery is wrong. bribery with other people’s money is even worse.

mary landrieu accepted a bribe with taxpayer money. anyone who votes for him is insane.

Jzyehoshua 03/07/2010 9:16pm

Landrieu has been seemingly criticized unfairly. As she’s pointed out, Republicans in her state like Bobby Jindal supported the measure for Medicaid she’d proposed, and indeed had been pushing for it for months. As a result, Louisiana Republicans are silent and Jindal refuses to speak out against her, or defend her, since she simply did what he’d been pushing for for months.

Landrieu is a pro-life Democrat, affiliated with DFLA. So is Ben Nelson, and his ‘deal’ involved new abortion restrictions on the health care bill. Both make convenient targets, but accusations here may be premature.

tagus 09/27/2010 12:40am
in reply to budsbyugirl Mar 23, 2010 8:54am

I want it…

tagus 09/27/2010 12:43am
in reply to budsbyugirl Mar 23, 2010 9:01am

Its a 5 hour drive to Lafyette from Shreveport even if you break the speed limit. Don’t say that I have access to healthcare now. I don’t.

And even if I was somehow able to make it to Lafyette with whatever problem I had (the extreme example would be a broken bone or something, I guess), you know as well as I do that if it were anything even close to serious, those medical students wouldn’t be able to help me. They’d just refer me somewhere else.

I’m really mad that this is what you call a lollipop with my visit. That just pisses me off.

tagus 09/27/2010 12:49am
in reply to sharibear Jul 07, 2010 5:29pm

I agree~

budsbyugirl 03/23/2010 9:01am
in reply to zydecoguru Mar 22, 2010 1:30am

People have access to healthcare NOW.. I have gone to University Medical Center in Lafayette LA. Go visit there its always busy.
What more do people want?? A lolipop with their visit..

I am sick & tired of paying for people who dont want to help themselves or their OWN families. They Just want to Continue to live off the Government for generations.. And Now we paying for all the illegal aliens in this Country!!!

You want to Overhaul something, Start with Welfare and Goverment Handouts,,And Guard our borders to stop illegals.

tagus 09/27/2010 12:44am
in reply to tagus Sep 27, 2010 12:43am

Seriously. That’s just not nice.

tagus 09/27/2010 12:48am
in reply to klassylady25 Mar 23, 2010 1:08pm

We’re all way too lazy to act anything like that Japanese WW2 quote of yours. Don’t act like anything will happen.

And I totally agree with John Boehner’s quote, especially the part where he says “Shame on each and every one of you who substitutes your will and your desires above those of your fellow countrymen.”

I have no problem with my tax dollars paying for any of yall’s medical expenses… and if you don’t feel the same way about at least little old me then “shame on you,” just like John Boehner said. And I’m okay with the tax increases, as long as they’re using it to pay for that shit.

So if you don’t feel the same way, suck my dick.

tagus 09/27/2010 12:50am
in reply to Anonymous Jun 09, 2008 4:37pm

I downvoted this because I was disappointed that he started over after E. I was hoping for a full alphabet.

And because the comment is long, boring, and retarded.

miket985 03/26/2010 5:49pm

Senator Landrieu,

Thank you for voting for the health care bill. I know you are getting taken to task by this mostly red state. But many of these same people complaining about your voting record will probably directly benefit from your support of the health care legistation. Some of them are just too dumb to understand who is helping them. Just as the ill-informed person who said, “Tell the government to keep their hands off my Medicare”, I would guess most people have no clue what this legislation will really do. While I am concerned about the costs and how this will really be paid for, I don’t see it as any worse than having to pay an unfunded trillion dollars for an unneccessary war in Iraq that Bush and the fearmonger Republicans pushed on us. At least U.S. citizens are benefitting from this legislation. Please be careful and watch out for those lunatic fringe tea partiers that are out there.

pelmof 06/29/2010 4:51am

Dear Senator Landrieu,

Moderated Comment

chuckgriever 11/22/2009 1:28pm

So you took the $100 Million bribe from your own party. This wont happen too many more times!!!!

chuckgriever 11/22/2009 1:28pm
in reply to DOUGLASFIELD Oct 16, 2009 10:57pm

Like I said before Doug … we will eat you first!!!

DOUGLASFIELD 10/16/2009 10:57pm
  • POORER AMERICAN ACTIVE DUTY U.S. MILITARY AROUND THE WORLD WHO ARE RISKING AND LOSING THEIR LIVES FOR ALL OF US ~ HAVE FAMILIES BACK HOME WHO ARE ALSO DYING WITHOUT HEALTH*CARE *
    ~ PRESIDENT OBAMA AND U.S. SENATOR OLYMPIA SNOWE OF MAINE BOTH KNOW THAT ANY FUTURE HEALTH
    CARE PLAN FOR OUR NEW AMERICA NEEDS TO ALSO ENCOMPASS ALL FAMILY MEMBERS OF ACTIVE DUTY MILITARY MEMBERS…ANYTHING LESS WOULD BE UN*AMERICAN ~
    JUST MAYBE AMERICA NEEDS A FEW MORE REVOLVING DOORS IN OUR U.S. CONGRESS *
    OUR COUNTRY COULD REALLY USE MANY MORE SINCERE AMERICANS LIKE THIS SPECIAL U.S.SENATOR OLYMPIA SNOWE FROM MAINE WHO CONSIDERS THIS COUNTRIES 45 MILLION POOR AMERICAN MEN WOMEN AND CHILDREN WITHOUT PROPER HEALTH CARE LIKE HER OWN FAMILY AHEAD OF HER ELECTED POLITICAL FAMILY **
    45 MILLION POORER AMERICANS HAVE OBVIOUSLY BEEN TOUCHED BY AN ANGEL WITH THE PEOPLES U.S. SENATOR SNOWE OF MAINE.
    LAWYERS FOR POOR AMERICANS CAN BE FOUND WITH ANY SEARCH ENGINE.
    424-247-2013
Anonymous 06/09/2008 4:37pm

How many zeros in a billion?
This is too true to be funny.

The next time you hear a politician use the
word ‘billion’ in a casual manner, think about
whether you want the ‘politicians’ spending
YOUR tax money.

A billion is a difficult number to comprehend,
but one advertising agency did a good job of
putting that figure into some perspective in
one of it’s releases.

A. A billion seconds ago it was 1959.

B. A billion minutes ago Jesus was alive.

C. A billion hours ago our ancestors were
living in the Stone Age.

D. A billion days ago no-one walked on the earth on two feet.

E. A billion dollars ago was only
8 hours and 20 minutes,
at the rate our government
is spending it.
While this thought is still fresh in our brain…
let’s take a look at New Orleans ..
It’s amazing what you can learn with some simple division.

Louisiana Senator,
Mary Landrieu (D)
is presently asking Congress for
250 BILLION DOLLARS
to rebuild New Orleans . Interesting number…
what does it mean?

A. Well… if you are one of the 484,674 residents of New Orleans
(every man, woman, and child)
you each get $516,528.

B. Or… if you have one of the 188,251 homes in
New Orleans , your home gets $1,329,787.

C. Or… if you are a family of four…
your family gets $2,066,012.

Washington, D. C
< HELLO! >
Are all your calculators broken??

Accounts Receivable Tax
Building Permit Tax
CDL License Tax
Cigarette Tax
Corporate Income Tax
Dog License Tax
Federal Income Tax
Federal Unemployment Tax (FUTA)
Fishing License Tax
Food License Tax
Fuel Permit Tax
Gasoline Tax
Hunting Licen se Tax
Inheritance Tax
Inventory Tax
IRS Interest Charges (tax on top of tax)
IRS Penalties (tax on top of tax)
Liquor Tax
Luxury Tax
Marriage License Tax
Medicare Tax
Property Tax
Real Estate Tax
Service charge taxes
Social Security Tax
Road Usage Tax (Truckers)
Sales Taxes
Recreational Vehicle Tax
School Tax
State Income Tax
State Unemployment Tax (SUTA)
Telephone Federal Excise Tax
Telephone Federal Universal Service Fee Tax
Telephone Federal, State and Local Surcharge Tax
Telephone Minimum Usage Surcharge Tax
Telephone Recurring and Non-recurring Charges Tax
Telephone State and Local Tax
Telephone Usage Charge Tax
Utility Tax
Vehicle License Registration Tax
Vehicle Sales Tax
Watercraft Registration Tax
Well Permit Tax
Workers Compensation Tax

STILL THINK THIS IS FUNNY?

Not one of these taxes existed 100 years ago…
and our nation was the most prosperous in the world.

We had absolutely no national debt…
We had the largest middle class in the world…

What happened?
Can you spell ‘politicians!’

And I still have to
press “1”
for English.

I hope this goes around the
USA
at least 100 times

What the heck happened?

tagus 09/27/2010 12:52am

The people who have posted here so far are retarded, except for me.

Homebuilt7 12/20/2009 7:21am

Whore is an understatement.

klassylady25 03/23/2010 1:08pm

BY THE WAY… NEW ORLEANS HAS LONG BEEN A CHARITY STATE!!!

klassylady25 03/23/2010 1:10pm

You always ask for special treatment…. just like your daddy…
It’s a sweetheart deal!!

sharibear 07/07/2010 5:29pm
in reply to pelmof Jun 29, 2010 4:51am
fortermlimits 12/24/2009 5:53pm

Well, well, well we have here a true democrat, a true liberal, a true traitor to her constituents and we have to put up with her until 2014!!!

Anonymous 02/21/2010 4:29am