Former Sen. Frank Lautenberg

Democrat  •  New Jersey 5 Terms  •  Sworn In 1982
Last Term 2009 - 2013 View All

Anonymous 04/14/2008 3:12pm

dear senator why should we elect you when you let HR 5351
pass, add .50 to the price of gasoline,and give HUGO CHAVEZ tax exemption. AS he tells everyone THE USA IS TERRIBLE and our GOVERMENT SUCK?

Anonymous 10/24/2008 9:25am

I find it rather interesting that this Senator gets a 37% rating on opencongress and has a nearly identical record to one Barack Obama. If you dislike Sen. Launtenberg yet support BHO, perhaps you should realize that Sen. Obama is the same person with better oratory skills.

inalienable 03/21/2010 7:16pm

Oops – you’re already locked in til 2014. Yeah, I forgot. So your are safe from the voters. For now…

Anonymous 10/21/2008 1:35pm
in reply to Anonymous Apr 09, 2008 5:07am

your a loser

TCal2 09/10/2009 9:17am

Ultimately, the Government getting into Health Care has proven disastrous in the past with the failures of medicare/Medicaid and the Medicare Prescription Drug program, we just don’t see the disaster now…but it is out there. The idea that our Government can run our Health Care system better or more efficiently is based on a fantasy. I truly believe that people who support Government intervention are either bad at math, live in a fantasy world or actually want to destroy the United States. If you want an America 20 or 30 years from now, you must fight national health care!

Does that mean we do nothing? Of course not, but this is not the answer.

Orestes 03/24/2009 9:07am

Dear Sen. Lautenberg, I respectfully ask that you to push another extension of unemployment to carry us through 2009. I have been unemployed since Feb. 2008 and am currently going to college for my degree in Nursing. Please help us get through this recovery with some breathing room to stay afloat.

Your Friend in Hudson County.
Orestes Urdaneta

Spam Comment

kurthansen 02/23/2008 9:46am
Dear Senator, What is the North American Union that Lou Dobbs of CNN is talking about? I also read about Canada sign a treaty with the United States to share troops in civil emergencies. This was signed on Feburary 14, 2008. Do you know anything about this, and can our government do this with out Congress giving them the OK?
btoner 03/15/2008 10:21am

Dear Senator Lautenberg, I am asking for your vote and assistance to support Bill S 2544 Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2008.The local and national economy is suffering at this time and this action is greatly needed to bridge workers to their next employment. Thank You for your service to the citizens of New Jersey and may you have a blessed weekend. Bill Toner Blackwood, New Jersey.

Democrator 04/09/2008 6:37am

You must push to help us here in NJ on s2544 it needs to become law. I will lose my house soon if not helped. My wife is the only reason I have not lost it already. This month we fall 30days behind all everything we need help.

SableNJ 04/11/2008 4:28pm

Please push to get the UI extension passed. My benefits ran out in December, I am turning 50 and have not found employment. My next step is welfare and I dont want that, I want to work! At this point anything would help. Thank you.

Anonymous 05/16/2008 12:43pm

Dear Senator, Please help the unemployed in Nj by aiding in the passage of H.R. 5749 Emergency Extended Unemployment Compensation Act of 2008 which passed the House on 5/15/2008.It will go to the Senate this week. Please vote Yes! Unemployed in Clark, NJ

inalienable 03/21/2010 7:13pm

I will be working actively to see that you are defeated in November. I can no longer sit on the sidelines while you and the rest of your socialist Democrat pals “Fundamentally Transform” our country into something that is antithetical to the founding principles.

kevinmcc 08/02/2012 9:28am

“I’m not prepared to do that,” Lautenberg told The Huffington Post. “We want to connect safety with reality. And the reality is that we lose more people every year to gun murder than we do in the military … It is ridiculous.”

Maybe because the military is armed and can defend themselves. Disarming the good people of this country will only achieve one goal, more defenseless victims. I hope one day you will take the time to study this issue to see how wrong you truly are. Be wise on this issue.

Spam Comment

Anonymous 09/21/2008 7:19am

i think he went from the top down when he should have went from the bottom up. instead of bailing out the mortgage lenders he should have helped the HOMEOWNERS pay their mortgages then the lenders would have their money AND people would have their houses too.the way he did it people will still lose their homes but the TAXPAYERS AND THE BORROWER pay for the home and get nothing.he could have done it so all 3 partys(taxpayers,homeowners,lenders) won but he did not.if he can give the lenders 800 billion and spend all the billions he does on foriegn matters then why couldn’t he start a temporary “walfare like” program to save american homeowners? the homeowners would get the money to save their houses,the banks would get their payments and he could add the “loaned walfare” house payment money on to their property in the form of a lien so the taxpayer loses nothing. the people keep their house ,the banks get their money AND since the homeowner eventually pays the money back the taxpayers are not out 800 billion. NO ONE LOSSES.the way he is doing it ALL the taxpayers (including the former homeowner) are paying for the house through his 800 billion payment but no one gets the house,(unless you count the slick dude who bought the $150.000 house for $10.000 at the sheriffs auction).either way it’s costing taxpayers AND homeowners when it doesn’t have to cost ANYBODY.say your mortgage was $1000 a month,you need help for a year thats $12000 .now instead of upping your payment(which i hear is why a lot of people are folding,ARM’S)or helping the bank make more interest off your existing loan you just lien the property.if you did it by adding it through your existing mortgage of 15 years your payment and interest would probably be substantial, at least your payment would rise and thats what you would want to avoid .so i think it should have been a “HOMEOWNERS BAILOUT” not a “LENDERS BAILOUT”.plus with their homes safe they could quit worring about the mortgage and pay other bills and buy things thus stimulating the economy .thats $12,000 thats put back into the economy that didn’t cost taxpayers ANYTHING,far better then the $300 “tax rebate” that cost the goverment money and did not stimulate anything. if you were lucky it helped you catch up on your $500 a month winter heating bill from last year.plus the home owner still has to pay back the money even though he lost his house!! i wonder what the motgage company will do with that money. remember, if i owe $100,000 on my mortgage and they sell my house for $10,000 i still have to pay back the bank the $90,000 difference.WTF? so once again the average working man gets shafted but big business does not.while i do not mean it badly (we are capitalist’s)the only one thats making out is the guy who bought your house for $10,000 while you have to pay the whole $100,000.almost sounds like alimoney, you have to pay for the horse someone else gets to ride.so since its taxpayer money why are they not bailing out the taxpayer instead of the lenders?$12,000 average per homeowner is not a lot when you consider 1)the owner does not lose the house.2)the bank gets their payment and does not go under.(also giving them more to loan stimulateing the economy even further)3)the loan is secured through property.4)the economy gets stimulated big time by the extra consumer money.5)taxpayers lose nothing.every bodys happy all the way around

pelmof 06/29/2010 5:50am

Dear Senator Lutenberg,

Spam Comment

sharibear 07/07/2010 4:03pm
in reply to pelmof Jun 29, 2010 5:50am
Anonymous 04/09/2008 5:07am

IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH! A TRAITOR! A LIAR! A THEIF! PUT HIM IN THE STREET! EVERYONE SPEAK OUT! DON’T JUST WAIT FOR SOMETHING TO HAPPEN. GET UP AND MAKE IT HAPPEN!

26.0%