Sen. Patrick Leahy

Democrat  •  Vermont  •  7th Term  •  Sworn In 1975
Current Term 2011 - 2017 View All

• Moderated Comment

• Anonymous 09/13/2008 7:36am

S.3325 The Enforcement of Intellectual Property Rights Act of 2008

Drop your sponsorship of this bill. It is going to fail miserably. It is useless … IP is dead as it stands. Fix it at the source, don’t waste my (and the USA) money with a bandaid. Music industry needs to change their buisness model. So do the Gaming / Software / Motion Picture associations. Please stop wasting all this money and drop your sponsorship. Kill this bill before it hits…..
    If not, NO ONE WILL VOTE FOR YOU.

• westtexas1 09/17/2009 7:47am

Resign from the Senate Senator Leahy. If you side with ACORN you Side with corruption in Congress Sir.

• Spam Comment

• Spam Comment

• klassylady25 03/23/2010 1:53pm

You’ve been in your position 2 years less than I’ve been married. You really need to get back to living in the real world. You will never live like the rest of us have because you’ve made your money on the backs of others.

Shame on you sir! Shame on you!!

• Spam Comment

• pelmof 06/29/2010 6:58am

Dear Senator Leahy,

• Spam Comment

• GamerLEN 12/04/2011 3:43pm

Senator, I’m a young man who spends most of his time online. I have made friends on the internet, I have found love on the internet, I have a life on the internet. I do not pirate, I do not steal, but should Protect IP go through some of the websites I use on a daily basis may fall under attack or be forced to shut down. None of these sites are for piracy, but under Protect IP even posting some fanart of Mickey Mouse would give an opening for such actions against them, meanwhile piracy websites would continue to operate outside of the US with no way to prevent it.

I urge you, remove your sponsorship of the bill. Work with Sen. Ron Wyden to create a law that would stop piracy. All this will do is cause a massive backlash online and cause harm to the internet. Piracy needs to be stopped, but Protect IP will not work, it will only make things worse.

• seabee_po1 01/15/2012 10:28am

How about you start casting your vote for the people to sent you to the senate, and not the people that pad your pockets, and contribute to your warchest. DON"T FORGET THE LITTLE GUY

Official website: