Sen. Carl Levin

Democrat  •  Michigan  •  6th Term  •  Sworn In 1979
Current Term 2009 - 2015 View All

blkdogedit 08/06/2009 8:23am

It’s time to affect real “Change” in Michigan. Time to Vote out both Stabenow and Levin. Neither is capable of honest thinking and forthright leadership in our state. They are simply puppets for Reid and Pelosi. Time to take back Michigan. I know that I intend to go door to door with a tally sheet of the money and jobs cost to Michigan as a direct result of the lapdog policies out of these two senators.

paddy51 08/25/2009 5:00pm

Senator Levin: It is very obvious that you do not care what your constituents want. You vote with your party 97%. Do you not have the courage to do what is right for our Country? WE DO NOT WANT MORE GOVERMENT CONTROL! Vote NO on this Socialist Health Care Bill, and NO on SB2099. You will be voted out of office if this gets pushed through. p nielsen

doberman2 06/25/2009 6:01pm

Obviously Levin doesn’t read these comments. Only 4 months ago someone was complaining about 250 BILLION dollars in spending. Now, were talking TRILLIONS!!!
What a difference 4 months makes

By the way, Carl, VOTE NO ON THE NATIONAL ENERGY TAX BILL!!!

I realize by now neither you nor the rest of congress actually give a shit about the rest of AMERICA, as long as you get yours, right???

Bud9342 08/04/2009 12:39pm

Michigan voters need a complete change for our senators, Leaving and StabintheBack… er.. I mean Levin and stabenow… sheesh might as well put the DNC chairman in to replace both of them. They both vote for their party ideals, not the people they are suppose to represent.Both are so worthless they should carry a plant around to replace the oxygen they waste.

toray99 10/12/2009 8:34am

I have a better idea. Why doesn’t government get out of the way. Stop putting more taxes on business and the american people. Businesses don’t want to come to michigan, too high taxes. The government is enslaving the people with taxes and creative laws taking our freedoms away. Hey carl and debbie read the US Constitution some time. Stop working around the Constitution. Private sector creates jobs NOT government. Government only gives hand-outs such as unemployment and welfare which never helps anyone. Government only creates slaves to these programs , just like the public schools do, dumb-down young minds. Just look at the numbers of detroit drop-out rates. Numbers don’t lie. Debbie and carl only create a mindless voting pool with these programs.

gkdaw_usa 07/16/2008 11:09am

I think if one or more of the senators have a vested interest in Oil or alterative energy, they should not be able to vote becouse they have a vested interest in one or the other and it will be the only way to get a real honest VOTE in Congress.

Anonymous 04/06/2008 5:11am

How do you spell useless= Carl Levin*

Anonymous 01/22/2008 8:57am

Senator Levin is done,congress has done nothing too help
american, people, Democrats and Republicans are all same
do nothing for american people!!!!Now grandstanding ,on baseball , now that is something importance!!!! They jumped all over that!!!!!!

iammadashell 09/06/2009 4:36am

I do believe we could look into a Recall petition staerted. We should have did this to Jenny a couple years ago.

warnlm 07/19/2009 5:54pm

NO WONDER MICHIGAN IS SINKING.WITH A RATING OF 19, HOW DOES THIS WASTE OF SKIN AND AIR REMAIN TO SERVE?

Anonymous 06/22/2008 11:08am

Mr Levin, I heard you speak about this Extension for Unemployment and I believe you want this money for your constituents and the benefit it will do for our State’s economy. This Iraq-Afghanistan War funding Bill with the new GI Bill along with the Unemployment Extensions need to pass the Senate just as it did in the House with the same Language and no more ADD-ON’S. Just the way it went through the House. I know you have some pull and Senators are always bargaining with other Senators for funding in their respective States. So for now, Let’s leave all the Poker Playing away from the Senate Floor this Week (06/23/2008) and pass The House’s version of the Bill that Pres. Bush wants and said he will sign. So please make this right and help allot of people across this Nation.

Anonymous 03/31/2008 7:23am

What a waste of the taxpayers money, ths character did nothing for Michigan nothing,,,

ArmyMason 08/26/2009 8:57pm
in reply to paddy51 Aug 25, 2009 5:00pm

Impeach our entire Government!

briandamron46 12/22/2009 7:56pm

Senator:
The health care bill is not what is needed. The bill will cost tax payers directly with higher insurance rates, taxes, and inflated national debt. It is obvious that the people who you represent don’t support it. This blatant disregard by you shows that we have become a country without representation, and a new revolution could happen(1776 all over again). To the point if the health bill does cost me more,(as all the Democrats say it will not) then you will need to pay my share, because you’re knowingly lying and trying to deceive me, and all your constituents! Oh I am a Independent voter, so I owe no allegiance to any political party or ideology just as George Washington said when he left office.

govboy120 12/02/2009 2:51am

many of these comments are true. most of them are from michigan thoughwe really need the money michigan has the highest unemployment rating now were in a recession i mean come on whats next another depression???

MPCTEACHER 07/23/2009 11:55am

I do believe the 2nd Amendment gave ALL americans the right to bear arms. Legislation has been coming along more and more to take that right away. The one fundamental right the constitution did not even mention was the right to life. If you take away the right to protect yourself you have given up your life. Bearing arms is my right to protect me and mine from losing that life. I do not care about all the guns that kill others or children or criminals. If I cannot protect myself then I am dependent on others to be alive. That is not in the Constitution nor any other document. LEAVE GUN CONTROL ALONE. THANK YOU.
AGAINST SB 2009 AND HB 45 BOTH ARE TERRIBLE AND AGAINST THE LAWS OF THIS COUNTRY.

toray99 02/12/2010 2:53am
in reply to DOUGLASFIELD Oct 16, 2009 11:02pm

It’s 30 million without health insurance, not 45 million. Let me get this straight you want the rest of the population of the US which is 300 million to forfeit their health insurance ( which most are happy with ) so you can have a sh!tty insurance that Congress and all politicians are exempt from…? I don’t think so.
If our health care in the US is so bad why do people from other countries come here for care..?
Example: Newfoundland and Labrador Premier Danny Williams is set to undergo heart surgery this week in the United States.

CBC News confirmed Monday that Williams, 60, left the province earlier in the day and will have surgery later in the week.

The premier’s office provided few details, beyond confirming that he would have heart surgery and saying that it was not necessarily a routine procedure.

Read more: http://www.cbc.ca/canada/newfoundland-labrador/story/2010/02/01/nl-williams-heart-201.html#ixzz0fKUtFEqA

If you don’t like the health care in the USA …go to Canada.eh!

brenden42 11/17/2008 3:36pm

Michigan needs emergency unemployment passed now, not when you get around to it. While your on vacation, were wondering where are next meal is coming from. Thanks for taking care of the people pal!

toray99 02/12/2010 3:07am
in reply to DOUGLASFIELD Feb 03, 2010 11:46am

Huh.. These men are both cop killers and should be put to death. Stop with your Progressive/liberal/socialism.
Bill Ayers should be in prison also, not teaching in a university molding young minds into Progressive/liberal/socialism thinking.
We all know what Levin and Stabenow are too…….

srnicol 02/26/2011 5:46am

Legalize medical marijuana, recreational marijuana, and industrial hemp. Don’t allow the DEA to legalize THC without legalizing the plant so that Big Pharma can sell it but we can’t grow it ourselves.

Anonymous 05/07/2008 12:35pm

Carl, DO SOMETHING

Anonymous 04/03/2008 8:23am

Time to wake up from your nap Mr levin unemployment numbers are up again, with no end in site, Michigan is gonna be the poorest state in the nation, thanks to you the rest of the mickey mouse Mi. government

jgallop 03/07/2008 6:26am

63,000 MORE UNEMPLOYED IN FEBRUARY, MOST LIKELY 3/4 FROM MICHIGAN ALONE, PLEASE PUSH TO PASS THE EMERGENCY UNEMPLOYMENT EXTENSION. PEOPLE CAN THEN PACK UP WHAT THEY HAVE LEFT IN YOUR STATE AND MOVE ON..

Anonymous 04/06/2008 7:21am

This Senator is done in November, no worry. Just hope that useless governor Jennie Grandholm doesn’t get his job!

Anonymous 04/09/2008 5:06am

IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH! A TRAITOR! A LIAR! A THEIF! PUT HIM IN THE STREET! EVERYONE SPEAK OUT! DON’T JUST WAIT FOR SOMETHING TO HAPPEN. GET UP AND MAKE IT HAPPEN!

jgallop 03/04/2008 6:07am

PLEASE ISSUE AN EMERGENCY EXTENSION OF UNEMPLOYENT IN THE STATE OF MICHIGAN, THANK YOU.

Anonymous 02/21/2008 4:42am

I would think that with all of the money shortages that senators would be happy to reduce mandatory minimums. especially with the new computer laws-no victim. The people are being so misled by the news, these so called predators are being approached in adult chatrooms by undercover police who initiate conversations, not on my space.

Mythoughts 08/15/2009 8:27am
in reply to blkdogedit Aug 06, 2009 8:23am

If you send me a copy of the tally sheet, I will gladly take it around my neighborhood. Let me know if you will send the copy and I’ll give you my email to send it to. Thanks

yoopervan73 03/30/2009 4:53am

Michigan Voters have a way of getting rid of this Toxic Asset – It is called the State Constitution Article II Section 8 Recall Petition. Yes why wait till 2014, get this bum out by the end of 2009. Start the recall petition drive throughout all of Michigan Remove all incumbents

ArmyMason 08/26/2009 8:54pm

Kiss your Job goodbye, if Michigan is going to be unemployed so will you.

Official website: