Sen. Carl Levin

Democrat  •  Michigan  •  6th Term  •  Sworn In 1979
Current Term 2009 - 2015 View All

• doberman2 06/25/2009 6:01pm

Obviously Levin doesn’t read these comments. Only 4 months ago someone was complaining about 250 BILLION dollars in spending. Now, were talking TRILLIONS!!!
    What a difference 4 months makes

By the way, Carl, VOTE NO ON THE NATIONAL ENERGY TAX BILL!!!

I realize by now neither you nor the rest of congress actually give a shit about the rest of AMERICA, as long as you get yours, right???

AmericanPatroit 05/30/2012 3:29am

It is treasonous our elected officials, whose sworn duty to protect our Constitution and represent it’s people, will be the one’s to betray America and all it’s beauty. The freedoms, the Bill of Rights, written by our Founding Fathers, precious and treasured, are in jeopardy. Mr Senator, I have previously written regarding your vote on passing the act to detain and imprison U.S. citizens, indefinitely, without a warrant, your irresponsible, callous, indignant, unpatriotic, reprehensible, malicious, irrational despicable, dishonorable, subversive; decision and response to myself, was turncoat traitorous to every American citizen. I pray you will be found out by all your constituents and voted out of office! God Bless and Save America!

• warnlm 07/19/2009 5:54pm

NO WONDER MICHIGAN IS SINKING.WITH A RATING OF 19, HOW DOES THIS WASTE OF SKIN AND AIR REMAIN TO SERVE?

• MPCTEACHER 07/23/2009 11:55am

I do believe the 2nd Amendment gave ALL americans the right to bear arms. Legislation has been coming along more and more to take that right away. The one fundamental right the constitution did not even mention was the right to life. If you take away the right to protect yourself you have given up your life. Bearing arms is my right to protect me and mine from losing that life. I do not care about all the guns that kill others or children or criminals. If I cannot protect myself then I am dependent on others to be alive. That is not in the Constitution nor any other document. LEAVE GUN CONTROL ALONE. THANK YOU.
    AGAINST SB 2009 AND HB 45 BOTH ARE TERRIBLE AND AGAINST THE LAWS OF THIS COUNTRY.

• Bud9342 08/04/2009 12:39pm

Michigan voters need a complete change for our senators, Leaving and StabintheBack… er.. I mean Levin and stabenow… sheesh might as well put the DNC chairman in to replace both of them. They both vote for their party ideals, not the people they are suppose to represent.Both are so worthless they should carry a plant around to replace the oxygen they waste.

bwoodbeck 02/16/2012 9:27am

The question is how do we recall Senators and who will we replace them with. I believe one of us need to step up. Someone who is not going to get bought up by big money and has a clue about the working class and poor!

• blkdogedit 08/06/2009 8:23am

It’s time to affect real “Change” in Michigan. Time to Vote out both Stabenow and Levin. Neither is capable of honest thinking and forthright leadership in our state. They are simply puppets for Reid and Pelosi. Time to take back Michigan. I know that I intend to go door to door with a tally sheet of the money and jobs cost to Michigan as a direct result of the lapdog policies out of these two senators.

Mythoughts 08/15/2009 8:27am

If you send me a copy of the tally sheet, I will gladly take it around my neighborhood. Let me know if you will send the copy and I’ll give you my email to send it to. Thanks

ArmyMason 08/26/2009 8:56pm

I would like a copy too.

bwoodbeck 02/16/2012 9:32am

I agree with you but we also MUST know who we will vote to replace them. I believe it must be one of us…we have plenty of unemployed workers who could step up for the job. No more lawyers or politicians who only care about themselves and their campaign contributors. No more representatives and Senators who don’t have a clue about the working class and poor.

• paddy51 08/25/2009 5:00pm

Senator Levin: It is very obvious that you do not care what your constituents want. You vote with your party 97%. Do you not have the courage to do what is right for our Country? WE DO NOT WANT MORE GOVERMENT CONTROL! Vote NO on this Socialist Health Care Bill, and NO on SB2099. You will be voted out of office if this gets pushed through. p nielsen

ArmyMason 08/26/2009 8:57pm

Impeach our entire Government!

• ArmyMason 08/26/2009 8:54pm

Kiss your Job goodbye, if Michigan is going to be unemployed so will you.

• iammadashell 09/06/2009 4:36am

I do believe we could look into a Recall petition staerted. We should have did this to Jenny a couple years ago.

bwoodbeck 02/16/2012 9:34am

Can you provide a link to an online petition we could sign?

• toray99 10/12/2009 8:34am

I have a better idea. Why doesn’t government get out of the way. Stop putting more taxes on business and the american people. Businesses don’t want to come to michigan, too high taxes. The government is enslaving the people with taxes and creative laws taking our freedoms away. Hey carl and debbie read the US Constitution some time. Stop working around the Constitution. Private sector creates jobs NOT government. Government only gives hand-outs such as unemployment and welfare which never helps anyone. Government only creates slaves to these programs , just like the public schools do, dumb-down young minds. Just look at the numbers of detroit drop-out rates. Numbers don’t lie. Debbie and carl only create a mindless voting pool with these programs.

• Spam Comment

toray99 02/12/2010 2:53am

It’s 30 million without health insurance, not 45 million. Let me get this straight you want the rest of the population of the US which is 300 million to forfeit their health insurance ( which most are happy with ) so you can have a sh!tty insurance that Congress and all politicians are exempt from…? I don’t think so.
    If our health care in the US is so bad why do people from other countries come here for care..?
    Example: Newfoundland and Labrador Premier Danny Williams is set to undergo heart surgery this week in the United States.

CBC News confirmed Monday that Williams, 60, left the province earlier in the day and will have surgery later in the week.

The premier’s office provided few details, beyond confirming that he would have heart surgery and saying that it was not necessarily a routine procedure.

Read more: http://www.cbc.ca/canada/newfoundland-labrador/story/2010/02/01/nl-williams-heart-201.html#ixzz0fKUtFEqA

If you don’t like the health care in the USA …go to Canada.eh!

• govboy120 12/02/2009 2:51am

many of these comments are true. most of them are from michigan thoughwe really need the money michigan has the highest unemployment rating now were in a recession i mean come on whats next another depression???

• briandamron46 12/22/2009 7:56pm

Senator:
    The health care bill is not what is needed. The bill will cost tax payers directly with higher insurance rates, taxes, and inflated national debt. It is obvious that the people who you represent don’t support it. This blatant disregard by you shows that we have become a country without representation, and a new revolution could happen(1776 all over again). To the point if the health bill does cost me more,(as all the Democrats say it will not) then you will need to pay my share, because you’re knowingly lying and trying to deceive me, and all your constituents! Oh I am a Independent voter, so I owe no allegiance to any political party or ideology just as George Washington said when he left office.

• Justlan 12/24/2009 3:23pm

Am I missing something, Levin’s website says “Senator Levin has long been a supporter of drug re-importation legislation, allowing Americans to buy U.S.-made drugs at Canadian prices. In 2005, he cosponsored a bipartisan bill, the Pharmaceutical Market Access and Drug Safety Act (S.334), that would allow U.S. licensed pharmacists and drug wholesalers to import FDA-approved medications from Canada.” See: http://levin.senate.gov/issues/index.cfm?MainIssue=HealthCare&SubIssue=PrescriptionDrugs
    But, On the Amendment (Lautenberg Amdt. No. 3156 ) Amendment purpose To provide for the importation of prescription drugs
    Result: Amendment Rejected See: http://www.opencongress.org/vote/2009/s/378
    Sen. Carl Levin [D, MI] voted Nay

• Spam Comment

toray99 02/12/2010 3:07am

Huh.. These men are both cop killers and should be put to death. Stop with your Progressive/liberal/socialism.
    Bill Ayers should be in prison also, not teaching in a university molding young minds into Progressive/liberal/socialism thinking.
    We all know what Levin and Stabenow are too…….

• Spam Comment

• pelmof 06/29/2010 5:07am

Dear Senator Levin,

sharibear 07/07/2010 5:37pm
  • Imaginativelaura 07/14/2010 3:31pm

Mr Levin,

Your repretation proceeds you. I have grown up with you as our Senator and would love to see you in that seat in the years to come. Unfortunately, the Unemployment Extension has not yet passed. Please focus on the biggest issue to your residents and put the pressure on to pass this bill. I understand that you do not want to give handouts to those who will NOT help themselves but in the process you are punishing those who are working 60+ hrs a week trying to find ANY kind of employment. I fill out dozens of applications every week but it doesn’t help and it doesn’t help that now I have lost my benefits with an electric bill due, no groceries in the fridge, and no gas in the car to go to an interview if I ever get one and I’m not someone who spends money! I know its been a long time since you only had 27 cents in your account but you’ve got to put yourself in our shoes and understand we dont get paid vacations from work every few weeks; when we’re not working we’re starving!

• srnicol 02/26/2011 5:35am

Congressman,

When will we see a bill to end corporate personhood? Clearly corporations are not humans. How could they so easily acquire the rights of humans? And when will we be taking back that right?

Let’s see a bill to end corporate personhood and keep up the good work.

• srnicol 02/26/2011 5:46am

Legalize medical marijuana, recreational marijuana, and industrial hemp. Don’t allow the DEA to legalize THC without legalizing the plant so that Big Pharma can sell it but we can’t grow it ourselves.

• Spam Comment