Former Sen. Blanche Lincoln

Democrat  •  Arkansas 2 Terms  •  Sworn In 1999
Last Term 2005 - 2010 View All

• Moderated Comment

• Anonymous 06/11/2008 7:23pm

Wouldn’t you think that Barack could get back to work in the Senate and do SOMETHING concrete for this country?
    He’s being paid for this job and doing nothing.
    Why can’t he pass Kennedy’s bill (which he cosponsored)?
    If he can’t get things done in the Senate, don’t EVEN make promises for when it’s too late!!!!!!!!!!!
    Give up a photo op, Barack, and get some work done in the Senate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

warrior 10/05/2009 9:52pm

I’M TYPING THIS VERY SLOW SO YOU CAN UNDERSTAND – VOTE NO ON HEALTH CARE REFORM OR WE WILL VOTE YOU OUT OF OFFICE. THANKS YOU!

Theloop 10/08/2009 6:48am

People can disagree with you without being stupid. Warrior, you are in the minority on health care. I’d put money down you never voted for her in the first place.

xdm 12/20/2009 4:20pm

You’d probably be wrong since she hasn’t been meaningfully opposed, so most in her state HAVE voted for her. We had no damn choice. 2:1 are against it in Arkansas. She sold us out.

• Anonymous 09/21/2008 11:27am

What’s the deal with all of these SEPARATE bills for extending benefits? Our responses are DILUTED on the different bills. When they look for the number of comments, it looks like not many but when they add together the comments for all the UE extension bills introduced, they’d have to RESPOND to us!!!!
    2544 is the one that:
    - was introduced FIRST
    - gives us a $50 increase
    - should be pushed for by ALL of us
    Make them honor KENNEDY and show empathy for US by passing that bill!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Anonymous 10/07/2008 10:01am

Sen. Lincoln once again ignored the wishes of the people who put here where she is today and sided with the rich and powerful. She doesn’t care about the people of Arkansas. If she did she would listen to what they say and be their voice. That is her job. Not making rich people richer.

ChrisInAR 09/30/2010 5:34pm

Read the Constitution. PLEASE. Paper #45 of The Federalist Papers would help, too. Remember the phrase “war, peace, negociation & foreign commerce”.

• AlmostFreeAmerican 09/05/2009 1:49am

For some reason I can’t adjust my approval rating for Sen. Lincoln; it shows I have 50% approval rating of her when the truth is it is closer to 30%. She clearly isn’t voting in accordance with the majority of her constituants.

• sarabialb 09/30/2009 5:16am

Senator Lincoln, you disappointed my yesterday on your vote against a Public Option. Over 65% of American people want a Public Option. Give us what we desire. Insurance companies are making profits off of Americans, that is right. Every American should have health coverage.

• Homebuilt7 10/14/2009 6:19am

Start cleaning your desk out.

• navywifeked 10/25/2009 6:44am

sarabialb What poll are you looking at for the public option? I do NOT want a public option. We need less government control over our lives not more. WAKE UP!!!! Lincoln, I agree with homebuilt7, start cleaning your desk out…

PeaceVet 11/04/2009 10:55pm

I want a Medicare type coverage for ALL AMERICANS. We should not be forcing people to purchase insurance from the corporations that screwed up our health care in the first place. Every other industrialized nation on Earth have universal health care for their citizens, they do it at half the cost that we spend, AND they have life-spans that are 2-8 years longer than ours. we can do better. For Profit Insurance simply reduces the Hippocratic Oath from “First, do no harm” to “Your money or your life!” We can do better.

• kpulliam35 11/19/2009 3:58pm

PeaceVet are you willing to pay the bill for Medicare type coverage for ALL AMERICANS? I can’t afford it, my kids can’t afford it, and my grandkids can’t afford it. But if you can afford it, step up and write the check. This may be an industrialized country, but unlike the other industrialized countries, this industrialized country is a FREE COUNTRY. If you want to live in a socialized industrial country, then move. There are plenty to chose from. I would like my kids and grandkids to enjoy the at least the same level of freedom I have enjoyed so far in my life time.

• jbisho00 11/20/2009 11:18pm

I think it’s very important that members congress will thoroughly understand this bill and get various medical opinions on every part of this bill. This is the first time in a democratic country of our size and varying culture and beliefs will have a universal health care system and so I don’t mind that something this important take a while for statesmen to make their decision. It’s yes or no, if this one doesn’t go though, another bill will come and eventually a universal health care system that everyone agrees with will emerge.

• allenrob 12/02/2009 6:34am

Oh I get it. The Republican party, which is against government interference and preaches for small government, is OK with forcing people to BUY health insurance from big corporations but is against helping people who are too poor to buy it from the big corporations. Just wanted to be clear. Thanks for clarifying Senator.

• allenrob 12/02/2009 6:56am

Oh gosh don’t I feel silly. I was associating you with the Republican party. I guess you not wanting the public health care option confused me. I find it very strange that any party wants to force people to buy corporate products. You guys wouldn’t be in the positions you are in without corporate money so I shouldn’t be too surprised that you want to make it the law that we buy a corporate product.
    At least with the public option we would have been able to have some choice in what we were being forced to buy.Hey if I choose to follow Gandhi’s lead and practice non-cooperation in the face of evil by not buying this forced upon us corporate product, will I be rolled out on the lawn by hospital employees if I don’t have my insurance card on me?Will that be OK for them to do because I’m not abiding by this forced corporate buy?
    Oh and one last question? Are we going to have to give even more money to the corporate banking crooks when their next scheme fails? Inquiring minds want to know.

• BenjaWiz 12/13/2009 9:51am

It’s time to put the breaks on Wall Street and Big Banks regulation baby oooh yeah make it happen.. :)

• Homebuilt7 12/23/2009 8:17am

“Lap dog” democrat

• Spam Comment

• Spam Comment

• Spam Comment

• Spam Comment

• Spam Comment

• Spam Comment

• Spam Comment

• Spam Comment

• Carzyb 03/10/2010 9:35am

Senator Lincoln, If this Health Care Bill is so great, why are you and others exempt from it? What’s good for the goose is good for the gander! I hope you make the right decision on this matter (Include yourself or vote no) We the people can and will vote Republican and press to repeal your vote. Americans will vote out all the people that made the wrong decision starting in November. Keep your job and do the right thing. (Start from scratch and fix it).

• snappy69 03/26/2010 5:28am

Senator, I am one of the people who wrote you over and over not vote for this bill. I commend you on voting against it, even though your correspondence to me indicated that you BELIEVE we needed it. So my estimation is that you and Mark both counted heads, knew you had the votes to get what (in your heart) you believe this country needs and were afforded the symbolic luxury of casting a nea vote. How fortunate for you.

I know it’s tough out here Senator… I’m out here dealing with it. But you miss the point about health care. Everyone agrees that health care and health insurance is too expensive, prohibitively so in many cases. But the point is that it is NOT THE JOB OF GOVERNMENT TO “TAKE CARE” OF THE CITIZENRY. Everything from health care, to retirement, to food stamps, un-employment, housing the list is endless. Try removing the government imposed financial burden from people and see if they don’t take care of themselves.

I’ll be watching to see if you’re listening.

ChrisInAR 09/30/2010 5:30pm

Excellent way to say it.

There is NOTHING in the Constitution that gives the fedgov the power to be involved in this issue….the 10th Amendment leaves that responsibility to the States & to the People.

Official website: