Former Sen. Richard Lugar

Republican  •  Indiana 6 Terms  •  Sworn In 1977
Last Term 2007 - 2013 View All

• AnnaSchaefer 06/20/2010 11:16pm

You and the rest of the Republicans are so transparent! President Obama, as well as us Americans, know what you are doing. Stalling and not voting on what the people want and need in this country. Do the job you were elected to do, and start voting! Your tactics in stalling is only going to back fire on you all. Show our President some respect. How you treat him, is a reflection on how you treat us Americans. We may have been fooled in the past, but not anymore! We The People have spoken by electing President Obama into office. We need change and we need it now! And quit blaming President Obama for the disaster in the Gulf. Enough is enough!

• Sorry.I had to speak on this.This is completely RACIST.Blacks and Hispanics make up 35% of the 44% that are unemployed and looking for work. I have an Associates Degree and have been out of work for a year and a half. Each job interview I go on,I am told that they are looking for someone that hasn’t been out of work as long as I have. I have over 5 years of experience in surgery and consider it a slap in the face to get beaten out by a new grad with little or no experience. They are laying off police and cutting hours in Indiana.If no one has jobs and they are REFUSING to extend unemployment benefits, that will lead to TURMOIL in our city. People are losing their houses, break-ins are spiking because people are so desperate for small means to get by day to day that they are breaking in and robbing people left and right.I have been on unemployment about a year and have reached my breaking point.I have 2 kids and am facing homelessness each time these greedy, wealthy politicians do this!

• IndianaDoug 06/25/2010 10:51am

Senator Lugar…

It is past time for our voices to be heard. Our cries seem to have fallen upon deaf ears. WE THE PEOPLE of the STATE OF INDIANA put you in office to BE OUR VOICE! WE THE PEOPLE CAN… AND WILL… REMOVE YOU FROM OFFICE! Just tuck your tail between your legs like Evan did… AND GET OUT!!! I have been unemployed for over a year and now the Unemployment Extension Bill has FAILED AGAIN with NO PLANS to vote on it again! WTF??!?!? If the Senates’ paychecks were tied to this bill… I GUARANTEE that it would have passed! Senator Hatch wants to now DRUG TEST me so that I can continue to receive what is RIGHTFULLY MINE!!! I say that we drug test all of you clowns and fire ALL of those who fail. QUIT approving OUR money to go to GM, Fannie and Freddie for the bailouts!! I am sorry about the disasters all over the world… but WE SHOULD NOT HAVE TO FINANCE IT! EVERY ONE OF YOU CLOWNS… NEEDS TO GO!! OUR VOICES MUST BE HEARD… AND ACTED UPON!!! GET IT THROUGH YOUR HEAD!

• IndianaDoug 06/25/2010 10:55am

AND PLEASE… WHEN YOU ARE VOTED OUT OF OFFICE… PLEASE STAY IN D.C. OR ANYWHERE ELSE BUT INDIANA… YOU ARE NOT WELCOME HERE!

• johnckewl 06/27/2010 1:02pm

I have never voted Democrat. I am a conservative and always have been. When Senator Lugar comes up for re-election in 2012, I will remember this time that he voted against me. When I was hungry, he voted against me, when my utilites were being shut off, he voted against me, as my vehicle was being repossed he voted against me. I will vote and campaign against him….. I will remember when I lost everything so he could vote against me.

• johnckewl 06/27/2010 1:06pm

My new campaign slogan… “If you think that Richard Lugar is working for you, you dont know Dick!”

• Spam Comment

• pelmof 06/29/2010 4:40am

Dear Senator Lugar,

• C570482 07/04/2010 4:01pm

Dear Senator Lugar:

I am writing to implore you to vote for HR 5618, S 3551 or one of the other bills to restore emergency unemployment compensation.

It has been noted that in the past you have voted for recent Bills to extend emergency unemployment benefits. Thank you, it is appreciated.

As you know, The Congressional Budget Office estimates that every federal dollar invested in unemployment insurance assistance provides a return of $1.90 in economic activity.

Please know citizens are watching the actions of Congress.

• C570482 07/04/2010 4:08pm

Dear Senator Lugar:

The above comment was in error.

It has been noted that in the past you have against for recent Bills to extend emergency unemployment benefits

Please know citizens are watching the actions of Congress.

sharibear 07/07/2010 5:20pm
  • grant3719 07/11/2010 10:30am

Dear Senator
    I had respect for you and supported you. I thank you for your service. Now it’s time to go, get out. Service in the congress is not a career it is a privilege. You have out served your usefulness there. Please come back to our fine state and start a new business, i.e. create jobs or just retire.

• karenlafrance 07/19/2010 7:24am

Senator Lugar, please vote yes to the unemployment extension bill that will come up for vote the week of 7/19/2010. It is appaling that no short term solution could be voted on positively prior to the July 4th recess while both parties argue on and on about details. I am a truly disappointed American voter.

• Mocha6 12/18/2010 6:36pm

Thanks for your vote on the dream act. It is what it is but still. Thanks for your support. God bless!

• pmpowell001 02/19/2012 5:08pm

Congressman no longer care what the people their representing think. Just about the lobbyists who sponsor them to pay for their campaign. Wish people were more involved to change that rather than voting for the guy whose commercial they liked.

Official website: