Sen. Barbara Mikulski

Democrat  •  Maryland  •  5th Term  •  Sworn In 1987
Current Term 2011 - 2017 View All

• Moderated Comment

• errobinson12 02/16/2009 11:55am

How will extending unemploymet benefits get you a job number 1 Seems you are looking for a job in the wrong area or the wrong field. I would work at mcdonalds or anywhere to support my family. Let me guess you are holding out for something special. Well I would rather work hard at Mcdonalds then look for that magic job and take Gov’t hand outs. THe founding fathers would be ashamed of what democrats have turn our people in to.

AllAmericanGranni 07/19/2010 1:21pm

I lost my job a yr ago. I went back to school to change careers to healthcare. I graduated among the top of my class. I still haven’t found a job. I am either overqualified (for McDonalds, Wendy’s WalMart etc) or don’t have the “required” minimum 2 years experience each employer is looking for in their available jobs. Since there are so many unemployed people they can afford to be very picky. I am 63, and never thought at this point in my life I would be jobless, and nearly homeless, that will happen in about 6 weeks without this extension. I have worked for nearly 50yrs, this is my 1st time in this position. It is very embarassing, demeaning, and stressful to watch everything you worked your whole life for be gone. Since you have all the answers, do you have a job for me? I don’t mind cleaning toilets, washing windows, or whatever to keep my dignity.

frukit 08/01/2010 5:22am

HR5970———————-http://www.opencongress.org/ Make Your Congressman Or Congresswoman Aware How Important Transparency is To You, As A Voter.——————-HR5970.

• saitek 03/28/2009 12:26am

Babs please do us a favor and retire at the end of your 2010 term. It is time to hang it up.

pcfixer 05/01/2009 12:23pm

I agree with you saitek. Time for Barbara Mikulski to get out of the senate. We need a Republican senator for Maryland.

frukit 07/30/2010 2:39am

Sure, We need a republican Senator, about as much as we need a republican President (not at All).The Democrats work for the Working Citizens of these United States,they Stand By,and Look out for those that are trying to better themselves.The republicans have No ideas, No candidates, and continue to be the Party of “No”.No Way, would we want another President,in any way, having the same Ideas, as our last President.

frukit 08/01/2010 5:27am
    No Way, Would a republican Be Better For Our State , Or Our Country Vote Democrat
    frukit 08/01/2010 5:23am

HR5970———————http://www.opencongress.org/ Make Your Congressman Or Congresswoman Aware How Important Transparency is To You, As A Voter.————————HR5970

frukit 08/01/2010 7:54am

Never Vote For A republican.They Do Not Have The Working Mans’ Interests In Mind.Everyone Knows What Our Last republican President Allowed To Happen.Does The United States Really Want To Go There Again…..I Don’t Think So. – HR5970 Needs Your Attention.

• meadowj 06/24/2009 1:07pm

Climate change has not been scientifically proven to be warming. We have sufficient science to show that we are actually entering a cooling period for the next 100 years. So why are we allowing a selective few, that think they are smarter than the masses, bully us into actions that simply cost us more and tax us more for no established reason. This act,if enacted,is nothing but a sham. We should vote out any and all of congress that votes for the enactment of such.

• myopencongress 07/19/2009 8:43pm

Sen. Barbara Mikulski – What are you doing? You have no right to be adding amendment into the Senate health care bill that will allow the administraion to mandate that insurance companies cover abortion and taxpayers pay for it. I do not want my tax dollars paying for the murder of innocent children.

• need2know 07/29/2009 6:32am

Hello! Can anyone tell me if they have been unemployed since 2007, and have been re-hired, or still receiving benefits? In spite of having over 20 years experience, it has been very difficult to locate any jobs at all, even lower wage positions. Is anything being considered for unemployed individuals, in the meantime, in way of extension of benefits?

• DOUGLASFIELD 02/03/2010 12:49pm

SENATOR,

• MANY MORE IN OUR U.S. CONGRESS ARE NOW FINDNG OUT THE TRUTH OTHER THEN SENATOR WEBB AND THOSE OTHERS IN THE NOW… IN CONGRESS
  • Anonymous 02/23/2010 2:36pm

• FixItNow 03/17/2010 8:36am

I hope that in the coming election we find someone that can hear what your constituents are saying. I have communicated to you a major problem with the Health Care bill, but received only party-line rhetoric in response. I truly believe that you have had the seat for too long, and it is time for Change!

• klassylady25 03/24/2010 5:52am

I’ve listened to both sides!!! The fiscal responsibility does not compute!

You LIE. 2014 is what your betting on, but not from the people and the same damn cue card is being used by each and every one of you. A very old trick. If you say it often enough you hope that people will get to believe it.

“A lie told often enough becomes truth” Vladimir Lenin.

William James (1842-1910) The father of modern Psychology “There’s nothing so absurd that if you repeat it often enough, people will believe it.”

frukit 08/01/2010 7:57am

• DOUGLASFIELD 04/26/2010 11:50am

DEAR SENATOR,

• CAN ANYONE EXPLAIN OTHER THEN SATAN HOW TEXAS GOVERNOR RICK PERRY ON ONE HAND PARDONS FORMER TEXAS INMATE TIMOTHY COLE WHO WAS WRONGFULLY EXECUTED WITHOUT BEING ALLOWED TO EXONERATE HIMSELF USING DNA TESTING IN TEXAS , AND WITHIN THE SAME MONTH THIS SAME GOVERNOR RICK PERRY OF TEXAS DENIES YET ANOTHER DNA TEST PRIOR ANOTHER POSSIBLE WRONGFUL EXECUTION OF HANK SKINNER ???
  • pelmof 06/29/2010 5:00am

Dear Senator Mikulski,

sharibear 07/07/2010 4:15pm
  • AllAmericanGranni 07/19/2010 1:24pm

Dear Senator,
    I need the extention for unemployment be passed quickly. I have worked for more than 45 years. This is the 1st time I have been forced into unemployment. My office closed due to the economy. I went back to school to change careers and go into healthcare. I graduated among the top of my class but can’t find employment. I email, fax, and mail 4-7 resumes daily. Because of the greedy on Wall Street and my lack of knowledge I have lost all of my retirement savings. If this bill isn’t passed quickly, I will be 63 yr old homeless grandmother. My savings has been depleted in the past yr to pay my education, housing and monthly bills. I drive an 11 yr old car and live week to week. I don’t understand how the Congress of the United States can turn its back on the very people it has sworn to serve. Then I saw this:
    Mrs Clinton announced aid worth $7.5bn for Pakistan at the start of talks in Islamabad. She said the US wanted to show it cared about ordinary Pakistanis.

• frukit 08/01/2010 5:21am

HR5970————————http://www.opencongress.org/ Make Your Congressman Or Congresswoman Aware How Important Transparency is To You, As A Voter.——————————HR5970

• daughter1 07/30/2011 8:01pm

Listened to this woman speak in the senate tonight about the debt. She is way off and I hope she is not re-elected. The democrats are way way scary. They will throw us under the bus so that they can continue to spend.

Official website: