Former Sen. Ben Nelson

Democrat  •  Nebraska 2 Terms  •  Sworn In 2001
Last Term 2007 - 2013 View All

• miternjrt 03/18/2009 4:08am

How can you VOTE on something, without reading it through totally?

I find that stupid. He is not representing us, if he does not read a bill and quantify it. That is just plain lazy and stupid in my opinion.

• TerryHLee 05/06/2009 7:43am

For the fair Credit Card bill you’re sponsoring, please be serious about pushing for adoption of a national usury law and an interest ceiling on all credit card balances for all types of credit cards. The banks that have received bailouts are the mos egregious offenders and have simply been allowed to gouge the U.S. taxpayers and credit card holders. While the Fed Cahir may be right that the banks will immediately raise rates if a law is passed soon, the law should prohibit such raising of rates. That’s easy to resolve. Seems to me that if banks like BofA and Citigroup need more capital, they should trade off with lower interest rates on cards and a national usury law—say no more than 15%.

• kevinmcc 07/07/2009 8:38am

This guy is a total jerkoff for pulling parliamentary tricks to block Sen. DeMint amendment to audit the Federal Reserve, but yet the Dems. had earmarks and other legislation in violation in the bill. If he votes no on S.604, then his representatives need to make sure he does not get re-elected.

• sarabialb 10/03/2009 1:20pm

Senator Nelson, despite you saying that the Public Option vote has been shelved due to not having the votes! Sir, millions of Americans want Health Care Reform with a Public Option. You need to get the bill for Public Option on the floor for a vote. You were elected to represent the People of the United States, not Corporate America.

Leo Sarabia

rbd1217 07/14/2010 6:45am

Nothing personal Leo but who do you think pays for his reelection?

• DOUGLASFIELD 10/16/2009 2:37pm
    • POORER AMERICAN ACTIVE DUTY U.S. MILITARY AROUND THE WORLD WHO ARE RISKING AND LOSING THEIR LIVES FOR ALL OF US ~ HAVE FAMILIES BACK HOME WHO ARE ALSO DYING WITHOUT HEALTH*CARE *
      ~ PRESIDENT OBAMA AND U.S. SENATOR OLYMPIA SNOWE OF MAINE BOTH KNOW THAT ANY FUTURE HEALTH
      CARE PLAN FOR OUR NEW AMERICA NEEDS TO ALSO ENCOMPASS ALL FAMILY MEMBERS OF ACTIVE DUTY MILITARY MEMBERS…ANYTHING LESS WOULD BE UN*AMERICAN ~
      JUST MAYBE AMERICA NEEDS A FEW MORE REVOLVING DOORS IN OUR U.S. CONGRESS *
      OUR COUNTRY COULD REALLY USE MANY MORE SINCERE AMERICANS LIKE THIS SPECIAL U.S.SENATOR OLYMPIA SNOWE FROM MAINE WHO CONSIDERS THIS COUNTRIES 45 MILLION POOR AMERICAN MEN WOMEN AND CHILDREN WITHOUT PROPER HEALTH CARE LIKE HER OWN FAMILY AHEAD OF HER ELECTED POLITICAL FAMILY **
      45 MILLION POORER AMERICANS HAVE OBVIOUSLY BEEN TOUCHED BY AN ANGEL WITH THE PEOPLES U.S. SENATOR SNOWE OF MAINE.
      LAWYERS FOR POOR AMERICANS CAN BE FOUND WITH ANY SEARCH ENGINE.
      424-247-2013
  • Superpower 12/19/2009 5:11am

Looks like Sen. Ben Nelson has cut a backroom deal, (special favors) to put America’s economy in the garbage. Nelson has sold his soul to the devil and we all are going to pay for it. Now America gets to pay the medical expenses for the guy down the street who smokes three packs a day and receives a welfare check. When will America wake up? This administration and the Democrats are destroying the system that has kept America economically stable for 250+ years. Next thing you know, if you don’t vote Democrat you will be denied medical attention. Welcome to obama’s America! You should be ashamed of yourself, “Senator” Nelson.

• rugby6 12/19/2009 4:21pm

Senator Ben Nelson = Male Whore. Dingy Harry Reid bought him off. Now the rest of us taxpayers get to may Nebraska’s medicare bills forever………how nice. How much longer are we going to let these jokes that are in Washington run this country into the ground?

• moranj92 12/19/2009 5:35pm

Senator Ben Nelson, You my sir is one of the top names with health care “reform”. I hope the smart Nebraska’s citizens do everything they can to show how you take a blatant disregard for what America really wants . You will be one of the top Senators that will be known for destroying America. Hard working Americans want reform, but nothing rushed to meet Obama’s arbitrarily deadlines. I vote for reducing the time senators are allowed to be office. Remember you are elected and should be working for the people, not your political career or whats left of it.

• navywifeked 12/19/2009 6:56pm

Senator Nelson, I have a question for you. How much did you sell your soul for? How can you say the majority of Americans want this, when it is very evident that they do NOT want the government to have any say in their health care? You sir I believe just signed your own pink slip. Shame on you for turning you back on Americans.

• swordsman7 12/21/2009 1:09pm

Well it looks like Ben got bought off, just like JUDAS. i hope this guy has seen his last term as a senator, but he will kiss some butt and stay in office by using our money to buy votes. all i can say is get the rope and lets go to D.C. it’s way past time to clean out our buildings of crooks like this guy!

• fortermlimits 12/24/2009 5:00pm

This guy has got to go, he’s done all the damage we can stand.

• Anonymous 12/25/2009 3:47pm

bribery is wrong. bribery with other people’s money is even worse.

ben nelson accepted a bribe with taxpayer money. anyone who votes for him is insane.

• Superpower 12/29/2009 4:56am

Well Judas, it looks like you’ve seen your last term in office. Congratulations, and thank you for ensuring a Republican seat.

• Spam Comment

• ditchmitchthebitch 02/23/2010 10:00pm

Getting paid senator?

• shellymic 03/23/2010 3:02pm

Sen. Ben Nelson,

I just wanted to send you a note to let you know that I hold YOU personally responsible for Obamacare being signed into law. If you had respected the wishes of your Constituents (67% DIDN’T WANT O-CARE!!!) then the entire country’s health care wouldn’t be at risk now. You sold yourself out for, well, as it turns out, NOTHING! How does that make ANY sense to you? It CAN’T.

I can tell you that every single health care conversation I’ve heard on TV in past several months have ALL included the words “Cornhusker Kickback”. YOU sir, have embarrassed and ticked-off this entire state (except for the 23% of do-nothing, give-me-a-free-handout, losers who still support you.) No vote u make in the remainder of your career will ever make me forget the backroom bribe u took that set up this entire bill for passage. If u hadn’t voted 4 it, the ENTIRE country wouldn’t b subjected 2 this disastrous bill now. This is on YOU! YOU are the ONE that made this happen. (continued)

• shellymic 03/23/2010 3:03pm

I have a very, very long memory when it comes to those who attempt to mess with my personal life, not to mention those that steal liberty from me. And I’m not the only one. I won’t LET anyone I know FORGET the role YOU played in getting Obamacare passed. I’d love it if you would just RESIGN NOW and, we the people of Nebraska, could stand a chance by electing someone who may actually represent US in the Senate! Your time is over. Now we just have to suffer through the remainder of your worthless term in office. You AND Obama will be leaving office the same day. Sound good to you? Sure does to me.

Your CONSTITUENT,

• Spam Comment

• elleedr 06/18/2010 10:35am

If you are apart of the American unemployed or share the same views as the unemployed and want to have a peaceful march on Washington to show that we do need our unemployment or in support of unemployment, email me at unemploymentmarch@yahoo.com. This has to be done, a peaceful stand needs to take place soon to make a difference. Before a lot of Americans lose the little bit that they do have. We didn’t ask for the economy to be this way and it is not our fault that we can not find jobs all at the same time. We worked all of our lives and now that we need help, the people in congress is saying no! We are the ones that help pay for wars, national disasters, and the congressmen paychecks. Now they are telling us that they cannot pass a bill so we can feed and house our families. What is more important the “Oil Spill” or the unemployed and their children. I don’t think so, it’s time for a peaceful march, email me at unemploymentmarch@yahoo.com, to make a peaceful stand now.

• Sonmore 06/25/2010 9:25am

You are one callous SOB and hope you will someday end up unemployed and experience the same current situation where people’s lives are hanging by a thread and you think of nothing but political brinksmanship. Better still, I hope you just plain rot period.

• whywasilaidoff 06/26/2010 3:26pm

Senator,
    I feel betrayed. I worked hard all these years and have been a good citizen and paid my taxes. My employer paid unemployment insurance in case I was laid off. I have not collected benifits for years. When the automotive business was bailed out I was put on part-time and then in December I was laid off even though I had more seniority than most of my office workers. This was not my fault! I am not looking for a hand out like my neighbors on welfare. I am looking for help until this world turns itself around. Please support us so we can get on our feet and once again start contributing back to the good ole USA.

• sedsaw 06/26/2010 5:12pm

You are a terrible representative for your state. Voting against the American Workers (UI Extension) was terrible. You do realize these people are putting money BACK into the system. So now you’ve hurt the small Mom and Pop, Bus drivers, job seekers to get to and from these painful interviews.

WHAT IS YOUR PLAN TO HELP THESE PEOPLE NOW!!!! I’ve been looking for over 8 months now I have two weeks left. I have no idea what I’m going to do. WHAT IS YOUR PLAN FOR US NOW… I’m very eager to know. You’re going to cause more disruption and instability. Can I come and live with you until this job “thing” is taken care of?

WHAT IS YOUR PLAN? I really want to see it, cause it needs to take place very quickly (in days, not weeks). email me sedgeneric@yahoo.com

some Democrat you are… worthless.

• PolicyOgre 06/27/2010 12:43pm

You turn coat, Benedict Arnold ,traitor! Your a goddamn DINO get the f out of my party.

• Revolution 06/28/2010 7:15pm

You are a disgrace to your country and should be embarrassed to have the UNITED STATES in front of your title.4th of July is upon us-it reminds us of history and how the people can come together to make a difference.I hope you and your family meet the same outcome as the 15,000,000+ unemployed.You turned your back on the Citizens by playing games and stupid antics.Assistance needs to be offered to ease the minds of the families and allow continued dignity no matter the cost. You spend OUR money like water and the American people MUST and SHOULD be priority one!
    “As good government is an empire of laws, how shall your laws be made? In a large society,inhabiting an extensive country,it is impossible that the whole should assemble to make laws. The first necessary step, then,is to depute power from the many to a few of the most wise and good.”
    John Adams, Thoughts on Government, 1776
    Obviously we dont have the few wise and good in the senate-but we have the power to change that.

• anna1974 06/28/2010 7:38pm

Shame, shame, shame!!!

• purplelilac3084 06/29/2010 5:06am

pelmof 06/29/2010 5:44am

purplelilac3085: What is this? You are using my text that I’m sending to every senator, and claiming it as your own. Maybe you wish you wrote it, but you didn’t. This is the second time I’ve found you doing this. It’s wrong. please cease and desist.

• rufusjuice 06/30/2010 10:27am

Mr. Nelson,please show some mercy to your fellow Americans and DO NOT LEAVE for a holiday without giving hope to the millions of unemployed and their families who have no hope today. I fear that if the benefits extension does not pass, the news over this 4th of July holiday will be the increase in suicides of people who were betrayed by their country for the sake of politics. People care more about feeding their children today than the debt. How can you betray your party and constituents who voted for you? More than that, how can you sleep at night knowing that children are going hungry because you are more concerned about the next election than their welfare? God help you, Mr. Nelson.

• wjp0023 06/30/2010 4:36pm

You are an a-hole. I can’t believe you are going to let the unemployed people of America suffer. jerk off!

17.5%