Former Sen. Ben Nelson

Democrat  •  Nebraska 2 Terms  •  Sworn In 2001
Last Term 2007 - 2013 View All

Spam Comment

getlambornout 03/01/2012 1:10pm

I’m disappointed that you voted with republicans on the Blunt Amendment. So, I guess you and Rick Santorum are in agreement. I can’t believe you are in favor of the GOP attack on women’s health and attaching it to a transportation bill! You are on the wrong side of history.

Spam Comment

Spam Comment

Mocha6 12/18/2010 6:25pm

Thanks for nothing…..why vote no on the dream act. Hope you are a native American because if not, your just cold hearted.

goodcents 11/11/2010 6:04am

All these comments look like a hate blog. Health care…ever hear them talking about 18,000 Americans dying every year or just the having to have insurance (that they should carry anyway) which keeps folks off EMTALA. Cornhusker kickback, you protected Nebraska. The DEMS screwed it up by not doing it for everybody. This hate blog doesnt seem to carry much substance but alot of low level insult.

peaceful1 07/14/2010 8:29am

I pay my bills on my own & have been unemployed for 13 1/2 months, have a Masters Degree & want to work. I apply for 40 jobs a week in various ways from professional jobs, to waitress jobs, to grocery store work & everything in between. I still have a balance with the unemployment extended benefits that expired on the June 5th. That frozen balance will make the difference of me becoming homeless or not in the next few weeks. If you’ve never had to worry about money before,count your blessings. I am like hundreds of thousands of people all scared out of their mind that they’re going to become homeless & would give anything in the world to finally get a job if I could only figure out who will hire me right now. This is an emergency situation. I’d rather be working than writing this email requesting more support. I respectfully request that you pass HR 5618 to Restore the Emergency Unemployment Compensation Act of 2010. Thank you.
With Gratitude,
Karen
St. Petersburg, Florida

rbd1217 07/14/2010 6:45am
in reply to sarabialb Oct 03, 2009 1:20pm

Nothing personal Leo but who do you think pays for his reelection?

purplelilac3084 07/14/2010 3:48am

well, if he votes 61% with his party, that is a good thing. that means he doesn’t vote for the party, but the issue at hand.
democrats could of passed the unemployment extension bill by taking it from the stimulus, but NO, they just keep bankrupting our country!
Stimulus money is being wasted every day! If fact, more has been wasted on garbage that doesn’t even help the economy. And the jobs they promised, where are they? hmmm, they are in bigger government!
so, even though people think the republicans are bad for blocking the bill, they are PROTECTING our country. We keep borrowing money from china, etc.

patsy1950 07/13/2010 5:27am

This Democratic senator only votes 61% of the time with his party. This guy needs to be voted out. He needs to replace that “D” with an “R” for Repugs! He is a disgrace to his party.

tulips4you2 07/08/2010 5:10am

Mr.Ben Nelson….I’m not from Nebraska….but I’ll bet my non-existent unemployment benefits that you won’t be re elected!

Spam Comment

sherelynn 07/01/2010 10:40am

THE UNEMPLOYED (ABOUT TO STARVE, AND BECOME HOMELESS, WHILE YOU ENJOY YOUR 10 DAY VACATION) THANK YOU FOR IGNORING THEM. IN NOVEMBER, WHEN YOUR VOTED OUT BY YOUR OWN UNEMPLOYED CONSTITUENTS, REMEMBER IT WAS YOU WHO TURNED YOUR BACK AGAINST THE AMERICAN PEOPLE!

ForgottenCitizen 06/30/2010 11:55pm

You ought to be ashamed of yourself. Children are going homeless as a direct result of your actions. Look your family in the face and tell them how you just wrote off millions of fellow American citizens… good people from across this country who would most assuredly be earning a living if it werent for these extraordinary circumstances we find ourselves in.

You and the others who voted ‘no’ on the extension of unemployment can be thanked by everyone for the ‘New Homeless’. I’m going to do everything in my power to organize those impacted by this poor decision, and create a scene so big the media wont be able to ignore it. It’s the only way those who arent rich can have themselves heard by our so-called representatives.

wjp0023 06/30/2010 4:36pm

You are an a-hole. I can’t believe you are going to let the unemployed people of America suffer. jerk off!

rufusjuice 06/30/2010 10:27am

Mr. Nelson,please show some mercy to your fellow Americans and DO NOT LEAVE for a holiday without giving hope to the millions of unemployed and their families who have no hope today. I fear that if the benefits extension does not pass, the news over this 4th of July holiday will be the increase in suicides of people who were betrayed by their country for the sake of politics. People care more about feeding their children today than the debt. How can you betray your party and constituents who voted for you? More than that, how can you sleep at night knowing that children are going hungry because you are more concerned about the next election than their welfare? God help you, Mr. Nelson.

pelmof 06/29/2010 5:44am
in reply to purplelilac3084 Jun 29, 2010 5:06am

purplelilac3085: What is this? You are using my text that I’m sending to every senator, and claiming it as your own. Maybe you wish you wrote it, but you didn’t. This is the second time I’ve found you doing this. It’s wrong. please cease and desist.

Spam Comment

anna1974 06/28/2010 7:38pm

Shame, shame, shame!!!

Revolution 06/28/2010 7:15pm

You are a disgrace to your country and should be embarrassed to have the UNITED STATES in front of your title.4th of July is upon us-it reminds us of history and how the people can come together to make a difference.I hope you and your family meet the same outcome as the 15,000,000+ unemployed.You turned your back on the Citizens by playing games and stupid antics.Assistance needs to be offered to ease the minds of the families and allow continued dignity no matter the cost. You spend OUR money like water and the American people MUST and SHOULD be priority one!
“As good government is an empire of laws, how shall your laws be made? In a large society,inhabiting an extensive country,it is impossible that the whole should assemble to make laws. The first necessary step, then,is to depute power from the many to a few of the most wise and good.”
John Adams, Thoughts on Government, 1776
Obviously we dont have the few wise and good in the senate-but we have the power to change that.

PolicyOgre 06/27/2010 12:43pm

You turn coat, Benedict Arnold ,traitor! Your a goddamn DINO get the f out of my party.

sedsaw 06/26/2010 5:12pm

You are a terrible representative for your state. Voting against the American Workers (UI Extension) was terrible. You do realize these people are putting money BACK into the system. So now you’ve hurt the small Mom and Pop, Bus drivers, job seekers to get to and from these painful interviews.

WHAT IS YOUR PLAN TO HELP THESE PEOPLE NOW!!!! I’ve been looking for over 8 months now I have two weeks left. I have no idea what I’m going to do. WHAT IS YOUR PLAN FOR US NOW… I’m very eager to know. You’re going to cause more disruption and instability. Can I come and live with you until this job “thing” is taken care of?

WHAT IS YOUR PLAN? I really want to see it, cause it needs to take place very quickly (in days, not weeks). email me sedgeneric@yahoo.com

some Democrat you are… worthless.

whywasilaidoff 06/26/2010 3:26pm

Senator,
I feel betrayed. I worked hard all these years and have been a good citizen and paid my taxes. My employer paid unemployment insurance in case I was laid off. I have not collected benifits for years. When the automotive business was bailed out I was put on part-time and then in December I was laid off even though I had more seniority than most of my office workers. This was not my fault! I am not looking for a hand out like my neighbors on welfare. I am looking for help until this world turns itself around. Please support us so we can get on our feet and once again start contributing back to the good ole USA.

Sonmore 06/25/2010 9:25am

You are one callous SOB and hope you will someday end up unemployed and experience the same current situation where people’s lives are hanging by a thread and you think of nothing but political brinksmanship. Better still, I hope you just plain rot period.

Spam Comment

Spam Comment

shellymic 03/23/2010 3:03pm

I have a very, very long memory when it comes to those who attempt to mess with my personal life, not to mention those that steal liberty from me. And I’m not the only one. I won’t LET anyone I know FORGET the role YOU played in getting Obamacare passed. I’d love it if you would just RESIGN NOW and, we the people of Nebraska, could stand a chance by electing someone who may actually represent US in the Senate! Your time is over. Now we just have to suffer through the remainder of your worthless term in office. You AND Obama will be leaving office the same day. Sound good to you? Sure does to me.

Your CONSTITUENT,

shellymic 03/23/2010 3:02pm

Sen. Ben Nelson,

I just wanted to send you a note to let you know that I hold YOU personally responsible for Obamacare being signed into law. If you had respected the wishes of your Constituents (67% DIDN’T WANT O-CARE!!!) then the entire country’s health care wouldn’t be at risk now. You sold yourself out for, well, as it turns out, NOTHING! How does that make ANY sense to you? It CAN’T.

I can tell you that every single health care conversation I’ve heard on TV in past several months have ALL included the words “Cornhusker Kickback”. YOU sir, have embarrassed and ticked-off this entire state (except for the 23% of do-nothing, give-me-a-free-handout, losers who still support you.) No vote u make in the remainder of your career will ever make me forget the backroom bribe u took that set up this entire bill for passage. If u hadn’t voted 4 it, the ENTIRE country wouldn’t b subjected 2 this disastrous bill now. This is on YOU! YOU are the ONE that made this happen. (continued)

ditchmitchthebitch 02/23/2010 10:00pm