Sen. Bill Nelson

Democrat  •  Florida  •  3rd Term  •  Sworn In 2001
Current Term 2013 - 2019 View All

PATTYPENNINGTON 10/24/2009 6:00am

Please help the unemployed, we can’t find jobs and we are all about to starve out here. We always take care of people in foreign countries when they have disasters, hunger etc. We the unemployment rate is a disaster and we are all starving. We are all begging for jobs and wish it was a simple answer but it’s not. I’ve worked and paid taxes for 30 years in this country and now my government (who’s salaries I have helped pay all my life) are just throwing me aside like I’m nothing.

robinluv 04/07/2009 7:24pm

I am not one to depend on any hand outs from the government, such as emergency unemployment extended benefits; but I also have never been unemployed for 12 months and not because I wish to be. I have a bachelor degree in Health Care Administration and just received my certification for Medical Billing and Coding Specialist. My unemployment benefits ended and so did my extended benefits and I am still not employed at this time. I ended up homeless and having to relocate out of state with a family member. This is critical and I really do not understand how an extention for emergency unemployment benefits got shoved under the rug!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PJMac 05/29/2010 7:30am

Dates June 22 – June 24, 2010

Washington, DC

Marching on the streets ….. Americans for Americans!

Jobs and Benefits for the unemployed. TIER 5 !!

Anonymous 10/04/2008 6:38pm

Thank you for expressing your concerns and voting no the wall street bailout. It is only a drop in the bucket and will not make much of difference except for the primary dealers who now will get our hard earned money.

dansfla 01/16/2010 10:14am
in reply to robinluv Apr 07, 2009 7:24pm

PART 1
My name Dan born and raised in the New England. Enough about me. I am attempting to start a business in this state I have run through pretty much my life’s saving and used up all my credit cards. I hear thesepols telling us how small business will save America. My LLC could employ 3 to seven people in the next three years. The problem is I will not have any income for 2 years. I have to make this on my own the S.B.A. Is a joke. Banks will not loan money to any start-up company. Today I still have a 60 percent chance of making this work. I contacted all my Senators and reps about not being able to secure start-up funds no success.

dansfla 01/16/2010 10:14am
in reply to dansfla Jan 16, 2010 10:14am

PART 2 I hire friends who don’t have jobs to help me now when I can afford it. I put a contactor to work for a week just to start my site preparations. I have purchased quite a lot of tools and security stuff. Always try to buy made in the USA. If you’re waiting for the dopes in DC to do something you need to have a multi- billion dollars problem first then they will help. I really wish regular people could get into congress that is the only thing that will save this nation. What shame Good Luck to you people looking for work

PJMac 06/16/2010 1:07pm

Love his form letter replies, canned political double speak, nothing more …. If you get one at all ….

Bill has forgotten the unemployed …. Guess what, the unemployed will remember you in 2012 … Better hope you’re running against Pol Pot, Joseph Stalin or Attila the Hun if you want my vote ….

Switch parties, you have shown your true colors on this issue … If you are a Democrat, then I am the Pope and I don’t get my mail at The Vatican, speak Latin or wear a beanie.

Maybe Sarah Palin will endorse as you hold hands with John Mica and Marco Rubio …

Mocha6 12/06/2011 10:42pm

Extension of Section 245i of the Immigration and Nationality Act……that’s something this guy should look at! Giving people a chance to fight for the American dream.

ConservativeFLrunner 06/25/2009 8:09am

Take a stand for your constituents and do not support HR 2454 cap & trade! We don’t need anymore taxes, especially on energy. The debate is far from settled on “global Warming”. Oh, it got colder so it’s “climate change” now!
Also stand with us, and do what you can to support “Drill here, drill now, save money”. There’s no oil under the 10,000 available permits that you alledge are currently available. The environment is sensitive and important, but use some common sence!

pelmof 06/29/2010 4:16am

Dear Senator Nelson,

smoothedge69 05/12/2010 11:44am

Mr. Nelson, why would you abstain from a vote to get the unemployed tier 5 benefits? Once our benefits run out, if there are still no jobs, we are finished!! We will lose everything we worked for. How can you people let this happen?

Saboty 01/28/2010 3:18pm

I would like to be the first to thank Senator Nelson for voting to get this country and all of us even deeper into debt. I looked forward to the day we can make you one of the 11.8% unemployed in this state.

Spam Comment

semphoto 11/11/2009 3:22am
in reply to ConservativeFLrunner Jun 25, 2009 8:09am

“The debate is far from settled on ‘global warming.’”

Says who? You? Over 99% of the world’s scientists have been more than clear about where they stand in the debate. You and your less than 1% of the ‘scientific’ community are ignoring overwhelming evidence. Saying that the evidence doesn’t exist won’t make it go away. The level of BS from the corporate PR firms, “conservative” think-tanks, the Christian Right, Rush Limbaugh, & Glenn Beck is going to destroy this country.

A country that gets all of its information from the television can’t survive as a Democracy. Try reading a book. Try reading two books. One from your side. One from the other side. There is ALWAYS another side to any story. Use some common sense!

glendamartin54 01/07/2010 3:46pm
in reply to ConservativeFLrunner Jun 28, 2009 2:24pm

Agreed!!!

liliyaPototskaya 07/13/2010 11:21am
in reply to PATTYPENNINGTON Oct 24, 2009 6:00am

I AGREE! ITS COMPLETELY UNFAIR TO US

liliyaPototskaya 07/13/2010 11:29am

DEAR SENATOR BILL NELSON,

THE EXTENSION ON UNEMPLOYMENT HAS TO BE PASSED! PLEASE THINK ABOUT THE PEOPLE WHEN YOU ARE VOTING, THE ONCE THAT HAVE BEEN THERE TO SUPPORT OUR STATE!!!!! DO THEY DESERVE TO GET EVERYTHING TAKEN AWAY FROM THEM, AND STILL BE REQUIRED TO PAY BILLS AND TAKE CARE OF THEIR FAMILY!!!!! ???? I HAVE BEEN UNEMPLOYED SINCE NOVEMBER, AND ONLY RECIEVED UNEMPLOYMENT TILL JUNE, NOW, I GOT NOTHING. AND A FAMILY TO SUPPORT, MY MOTHER PASSED AWAY RECENTLY, AND MY DAUGHTER IS GETTING MARRIED, WITH ALL EXPENCES, I AM NOT ABLE TO SUPPORT MY FAMILY, PAY THE BILLS, AND SOON WILL HAVE MY HOUSE TAKEN AWAY? HOW IS THAT FAIR TO US, WHEN SOME PEOPLE ARE BEING PAID A LLOT, WHEN I HAVE NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE, MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN OUR LIFE, AND VOTE YES! ITS VERY IMPORTANT THAT YOU DO! I BEG YOU!
THANK YOU AND I HOPE TO SEE YOUR VOTE AS A YES FOR THE BILL !!!!!!!

samsunjax 06/28/2010 1:22pm
in reply to jonathanprather Jul 13, 2009 4:25am

what a complete DUMBASS you are!!!!! lets do an experiment, how about you volunteer for a layoff through your company and then we can follow you and see how it goes…..you talk soo big, let’s see you back it up!!! how about it?

Moderated Comment

Anonymous 01/17/2008 7:53am

Below is an excerpt from the DNC web site regaurding a voters right to vote and to have it count. Concidering what is going on with our primary votes not being counted. I doubt the party motives even more now Even if by the convention things change they will have been successful in surpressing the vote in the affected states which I feel benifits Hillery and is probably the real motivation behind this and sensce there doesn’t seam to be nearly the leval of opposition to these Tactics we must conclude you are more concerned with not getting in conflict with the status quoe.

FROM DNC WEB SITE

While the Democratic Party continues to work to protect every American’s right to vote and have that vote counted, Republicans have aimed to create roadblocks for Americans to exercise their right to vote through restrictive voter ID laws, voter purging, and voter intimidation tactics.

So as my Senator, a Member of the Dem. party you are my last inside the system option I do not want to have to sue you and the rest of the DNC for depriving me of my constitutional rights. I have called your office and was angered by your staffs willingness to just accept this saying you have done what you could by filing a suit your self. what about being more vocal, organizing protest, A rally for “count our votes” not just letting it happen. when I became more angered and saying do I have to come to the office and get in your face she threatend to call the capital police to which I said go ahead and as I told them what is a citizen to do when there government allows a non-government club (DNC) to deny my most basic right? Cival Disobedeance is more American than what you and the DNC are doing.

Leaders such as Martain Luther King and thier followers are more honerable than Howard Dean and his supporters! or those who accept defeat even when they are being wronged.

Where will you Stand?

Anonymous 06/07/2008 7:41am

He’s the same as Honda. Abolish electoral college, redistrict and have the UN monitor and run the vote. Denver and Florida. Honda already tried all this.

fortermlimits 09/07/2009 7:08pm

I think this guy needs to be replaced with fresh blood. Look how long he has been in. Give someone else a chance. He is co-sponsoring S773 which will trample all over our freedom of speech.

icandootravel 12/07/2010 12:37pm

On this current Tax Break Extension issue for earnings over $250K per year, please make it simple. You have the easiest hand to play on this. Pass the tax break for all income below $250K per year, and leave the Republicans pressing for extensions to the richest Americans without “Paying for it”. Republicans have been saying that all bills should be paid for with off set spending cuts, but they have not made any such cuts known regarding their desire for the richest of the rich to get richer. MAKE IT SIMPLE, you guys can look like champions of the American people. Let them look like the greedy, disconnected elitests that they are. Have half a brain, conscious, and soul all in one small step. In God WE Pray,…

Cork130 10/13/2009 6:42am

Honorable Senator Nelson,

In the upcoming vote on the Health Care bill, I urge you to think not as a member of the Democrat Party but as a man of wisdom.

How can you justify voting for any bill that can’t be read and analyzed. Especially one that will impact every citizen in Florida and throughout the US? To Vote blindly is not only unwise, it is unethical! Please don’t make this mistake again! We don’t want it and simply can’t afford it.

Senator Nelson, I strongly urge you to make the right choice and vote against any bill you don’t know what is actually included nor the real cost. Don’t make this mistake again; your constituents deserve better and we have very long memories. Make a mistake once, that can be excused; make the same mistake a second time and their can be no excuse.

Vote NO!!

Thank you.

C.B. Motsett
Jacksonville, FL 32257
cork130@comcast.net
(904) 737-3665

tigercosmos 12/25/2009 4:52am
in reply to flbacktees Nov 03, 2009 12:07pm

Sen. Nelson faired better than anyone else in congress in terms of delivering the big prize to his state – a few billion in essentially tax breaks over the next decade – certainly not a reason for Nebraskan’s to vote him out at the end of his term. He has the unique position of being hated by both the left and right. No matter the opinions of these two extremes – Sen. Nelson played the game better than anyone else and came out a winner. A model politician for a model form of government.

ROBBIE1205 03/15/2008 5:50pm

Why has’nt Senator Bill Nelson contacted me about my Generator safety product that will keep unsuspecting Florida residents from death due to Carbon Monoxide
WWW.ENVIROGENCAT.COM This was developed to surpass S 1510, What I have is a real attempt at approaching this safety consumer issue

judyvillecco 09/05/2008 7:52pm

remembe women vets this year. educate yourself on our issues on my website http://www.Diane-and-friends.com

bingo5905 01/03/2010 8:23am

Join the rush to get Nelson out in 2012! After 31 years, he believes he’s ensconced in office and his arrogance and disdain for the electorate shows. He likes the cozy committee assignments and will dutifully continue to follow Reid’s directions like a puppy dog to continue to get them. His primary interest seems to be his re-election, not the citizens. Let’s give him the ‘boot’ in 2010 along with Obama.

flbacktees 11/03/2009 12:07pm

You’re a lucky guy Bill. You can sit on your ass for another 3 years, then you are history. Have you no shame?

ConservativeFLrunner 06/28/2009 2:24pm

We all need to call his office and demand a “no” for HR 2454 cap & trade!!!

Official website: