Sen. Charles Schumer

Democrat  •  New York  •  3rd Term  •  Sworn In 1999
Current Term 2011 - 2017 View All

• Moderated Comment

• Anonymous 03/06/2008 9:52am

COME ON PUSH FOR THE UNEMPLOYMENT EXTENSION. IT’S A GOOD THING . THE UNEMPLOYED MAY BE ABLE TO STAY IN THEIR HOMES, KIDS CAN FINISH THE SCHOOL YEAR UNDER A ROOF.

delladesign 04/18/2013 11:31am

Yes their is a problem here with this issue of unemployment. I was taken off unemployment and didn’t get a chance to receive EB I would like to know are black American being black ball because we have a black man in office. I have been out of work for almost two years now and haven’t gotten a job yet and I have a college degree. what is going on here. I live in NY all my life I have never same anything like this before. why American black can’t get a job.

• Anonymous 03/06/2008 1:35pm

Get off the backside of your butt and do SOMETHING for this country. Rip the environmentalists a new body cavity and get our own oil in our system so we can save the 6.1 TRILLION dollars the arabs are going to reap from this latest increase in a barrel of oil. What must we do to heat our homes? Paying more than 3 bucks a gallon for heating oil is ludicrous because our government can’t stand up for us. Give more money to the world, The cost of making ethanol is costing more than it’s worth in burning in a car. All that’s accomplishing is to drive up the cost of food. Nice going, a real snooker job on congress for this fiasco. Go environmentalists and Al Gore, wreck this country as fast as you can.

• Anonymous 03/14/2008 6:34am

Dear Senator Schumer,
    I have just read the article in the link above that describes how our country is representing me. My disgust and outrage with this disregard for human rights makes me angered to have to own up to this representation by my government.

In the most humble way possible, as a citizen of the United States, I beg of you to stop the actions of detention without representation or charges, torture and any other non-compliance with US law on international grounds. It misrepresents the freedom that we would like the world to see us for and makes it more unsafe for the citizens of this country and others.

Thank you for your time in reading my plea. I hope we can hold our heads up proudly once again as Americans when this blood has been washed away.

• conedreill1027 03/21/2008 10:16am

Dear Sr. Schumer,
    Please push for an extension on unemployment benefits. I lost my job in the real estate market and am having difficulity finding another position. I am sure there are many people in the same position. I have 3 children one hopefully on his way to college if I can afford to send him.
    The stimulus package is not going to help me enough.

• MITCH 04/03/2008 8:35pm

NIGHTMARE

• Anonymous 04/09/2008 5:45am

GIVE ME UNEMPLOYMENT SUPPORT OF GIVE ME DEATH! Help us! And please do the following!
    IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH! A TRAITOR! A LIAR! A THEIF! PUT HIM IN THE STREET! EVERYONE SPEAK OUT! DON’T JUST WAIT FOR SOMETHING TO HAPPEN. GET UP AND MAKE IT HAPPEN!

• Anonymous 06/13/2008 11:18am

Senator Schumer:
    I plead with you to continue to fight for an unemployment extension for ALL states. The states with the highest rates should get the most money, but there are long term unemployed in all states. Do what you must to get this passed quickly. Compromise if you must, but this extension must be timely.

• Anonymous 07/11/2008 3:09am

You are wreckless and maybe even just stupid. Your actions with regard to IndyMac Bank showed a lack of any ability to think ahead to what might happen. Do you fall off curbs while walking too? Look down once in a while Mr. Schumer.

• Anonymous 09/23/2008 7:00am

Senator Schumer:
    Americans are getting fed-up with politics-as-usual and are beginning to investigate the causes of their concern. Your record of failure and apparent lack of understanding in the finance and labor areas suggests either 1) you are incompetent or 2) you are “playing politics” instead of attending to the tasks you were elected to perform. I suspect the latter.

I strongly recommend that you wake up to the fact that the people who elected you are starting to notice your monumental failure to protect their interests. We don’t need lip service – we need real change in Congress and in the political process itself.

• Anonymous 09/23/2008 7:26am

Senator Schumer,
    I urge you to fight for additional unemployment benfits for New Yorkers. I need more time to locate a decent job. The current extension has kept me from sinking into further debt. Thank you for your help.

• Anonymous 09/23/2008 10:32am

As a democrat, I am deeply ashamed that you represent my state in congress. First you cause a bamk to fold and now you have failed to take any action in the financial crisis. I hope they have paid you off well because you will need the money when you get tossed out of office.

• Anonymous 09/23/2008 10:35am

Do not extend unemployment benefits. Most of the people getting those benefits are phonies and double dippers. Let them go out and get a real job like the rest of us. Phonies and cheats and liars.

• Anonymous 09/30/2008 5:35am

1. EXTEND UNEMPLOYMENT.
    2. BAN USURY! force the credit card companies and mortgage lenders to lower their interest rates, freeze them at 1% above prime so the rest of us can benefit from “easy” lending practices and get out of debt!!!
    The American people are continuously bilked by the giant banks who seduce us in and then enslave us with prohibitive interest rates – what way is that for a democracy to be run?
    3. GIVE THE $700,000,000,000 directly to the people instead of to the banking financiers who have robbed us blind – how’s that for economic stimulus? TRICKLE UP!!!
    4. PROVE THAT CONGRESS AND THE ADMIN ARE NOT ON THE TAKE – MAKE IT CLEARLY ILLEGAL FOR BROKERS AND TRADERS AND BANKERS TO develop the means to sell our security and debts for a profit!!!!

• Anonymous 09/30/2008 5:37am

HOW CAN YOU LEGISLATE AGAINST FINANCIAL PROFITS TO BANKS AND FINANCE WHEN YOU ARE FINANCED BY THEM????

• Anonymous 10/02/2008 4:55am

WE NEEDED THE UNEMPLOYMENT EXTENSION!!!!

• Spam Comment

• Spam Comment

• Spam Comment

• Spam Comment

• Spam Comment

MannyJr 05/12/2010 5:36pm

Yea, just like Republicans did.

• Spam Comment

SonsOfAmerica 07/15/2010 6:39am

Schumer is a great man who fights for the citizens; you need to get in touch with reality… All wall street is: ten-percent of the super-rich’s money that the middle-class are allowed to play with… (The super-rich get corporate loop-holes (pay a whole lot less in taxes)and the average man has a chance at a better life! Honestly “Thats it!” even the dow companies, only a small portion is owned by the public … the super-rich control Wall Street. The Republican parties sole job is: “Steal from the middle-classed to feed the super-rich!” .. Reverse Robin Hood.. Republicans destroyed the unions took the average man’s money and now are working on our rights or anything that the super-rich want from us. Our congress is filled with used car salesmen that will do anything to get their payday. Schumer is a honest man amoung the wolfs! GO SCHUMER FIGHT: The terrorist, corporations and the evil men in congress!

• Spam Comment

kurtvb 05/06/2010 4:00pm

I see nowhere in this legislation that could possibly be construed to being similar to anything that was done in Nazi Germany. If anything, it improves on a long established volunteer corps that has worked well under three administrations. It seems funny that volunteering to help Americans help Americans is equated with Nazi Germany in your eyes.

• Spam Comment