Sen. Charles Schumer

Democrat  •  New York  •  3rd Term  •  Sworn In 1999
Current Term 2011 - 2017 View All

delladesign 04/18/2013 11:31am
in reply to Anonymous Mar 06, 2008 9:52am

Yes their is a problem here with this issue of unemployment. I was taken off unemployment and didn’t get a chance to receive EB I would like to know are black American being black ball because we have a black man in office. I have been out of work for almost two years now and haven’t gotten a job yet and I have a college degree. what is going on here. I live in NY all my life I have never same anything like this before. why American black can’t get a job.

moranj92 08/01/2012 12:10am

Why does anyone vote for you with your track record? Quit your attempts to pass more gun control when it is obvious that your state requires less laws and CCW permits issued to law abiding citizens.

Spam Comment

Spam Comment

purplelilac3084 07/22/2011 10:54am

I called the senators office today because I wanted him to vote YES to Cut,Cap, & Balance! I was told he was NOT going to vote on this! Are you kidding me?
He gets paid alot of money from US, and is absurd.
They have NOT balanced any budget, and have SPENT more money in 2 years, then all the presidents combined!
I have had it with these arrogant senators, and I am disgusted that people in NY re-elected this rude, progressive MAN! I did NOT vote for him.

needshelp 03/01/2011 3:32am

Mr. Schumer I believe my mother went to basic training at fort McClellan and I believe she was poisoned by PCB’s. Her life has been spent in and out of the hospital since then. So I was wondering if you could send me updates on H.R. Fort McClellan Health Registry Act. You can email me at afriednan4567@gmail.com. thank you

purplelilac3084 01/31/2011 4:11am

Vote NO to raising the debt ceiling!
Cut up your credit cards!
No more money for President Obama! Investments? You mean SPENDING!
Education needs to be reformed! Not given any MORE money!
It is time to FIRE the teachers you are NOT doing their job!
We pay way to much money already and they use it for their paychecks, their free healthcare, their pensions!
They are overpaid! They should not get free healthcare, they should have to pay a percentage and so should YOU!
Social Security is what they should get! NOT pensions!Just like everyone normal american.
We ARE broke! Do you not get it?

purplelilac3084 01/20/2011 6:55am

I cannot believe NY voted this man in again!
What is wrong with you? Do you want to see your rights taken away?
Do you want to see us go bankrupt?
Vote NO to raise the debt ceiling! Stop SPENDING!
Tell Harry Reid to put the repeal of healthcare on the floor!!!
Why are you senators on vacation again??? Do you ever work?

purplelilac3084 10/28/2010 3:11am

Look at the money trail!
This man is evil! Do you see his commercial about no tax breaks for oil companies, instead we should give to windpower? Hmmm, we have to have oil for our cars, and ALMOST EVERY PRODUCT we make! Wind power is not the answer! Spain has 21% unemployment from them going GREEN! They have NO JOBS!
Democrats think that 450,000 jobs lost every week are GOOD! Wake up people, that is 2 million a MONTH! Next month the seasonal workers will be added to the roll, besides the 450,000 !!
VOTE OUT these senators that are in OFFICE!
We need JOBS, and they will not help us…in fact in 2 years of Obama, we have lost more jobs than ever before…
Schumer is a PROGRESSIVE !

GovtISCorrupt 10/09/2010 7:06am

VOTE This Scumbag OUT NY!!!! Think!! Use that gray matter

purplelilac3084 10/06/2010 3:14am

This is a man who stood on TV and said THE PEOPLE DON’T CARE ABOUT PORK!
Well, I think we the people do care that you foolishy waste our tax dollars!
This man called the airline stuart a bitch for asking him to turn his phone off! How ignorant! In 2002, he went along with Barney Frank saying Fannie & Freddie were doing fine,there is no crisis! On June 17,2009 he was honored at corrupt Acorn’s birthday celebration! This man wrote the bill to have National ID cards for EVERY individual to try and stop illegal workers! That is an invasion of our privacy! He voted for HEALTHCARE without reading it! He want to have healtcare like canada! He does NOT vote for what is good for US, he votes for Progressive things. He would not sign the plegde to read for healthcare! He has NEVER answered an email! He does NOT have town hall meetings! Please vote this man out! Read his voting record.

purplelilac3084 09/30/2010 3:44am

This is a disgrace that you left early to campaign! What the hell?
You left without passing the budget that ends friday!
You left without extending the Bush tax cuts! Why? Because you democrats are going to tax everyone!
We are NOT stupid! I am so sick of your progressive social attitude!
You pass bills that the majority of Americans say NO!
You didn’t even read the over 2000 page healthcare bill!
The bill that Nancy Pelosi said we have to pass it to KNOW WHAT’S IN IT!
You have never had a town hall to meet with us!
Now we are finding out how rates went up double! Senior citizens are being dropped from Medicare Advantage! You violated the CONSTITUTION mandating all americans buy healthcare!
YOU DO NOT REPRESENT US! YOU VOTE FOR THE SOCIAL AGENDA OF PRESIDENT OBAMA!
Every SINGLE ammendment that the republicans put in you vote NO!
Did you give all that money back from general motors campaign contribution? The bailout money?
Vote NO to this senator!

purplelilac3084 09/21/2010 11:37am

I want to know WHY you voted YES to the defense bill today?
Are you really, really just going to keep ignoring the majority of americans who say NO?
The military said NOT to repeal don’t ask, don’t tell until they finish their study! We have a WAR going on!!
Why are you going to give ILLEGAL immigrants citizenship?
What the hell is wrong with you democrats?

purplelilac3084 09/21/2010 3:11am

Vote him OUT! Wake up NY state! I am so tired of people voting their party, and not voting for the person who will represent us!

purplelilac3084 09/16/2010 7:52am

Well they are going to pass this today, Small Business bill.
So, here we go again! Every single bill they pass, hurts the american people! They are taking away oil incentive credits, so that means gas prices will go WAY UP!
This bill will not create jobs, is just another waste of taxpayer money!
What is wrong with these democrats! I was one, but after all this social agenda and arrogance, I changed my party because I was ashamed to be a democrat!
They DON"T read the BILLS! They don’t care what is in the BILLS!
They don’t listen to what WE WANT!
Remember Nancy Pelosi " We have to pass the bill to find out what’s in it"
Are you kidding me? Are these people on drugs?
Health insurance premiums are now going to DOUBLE!
We need to kick all senators out, no matter what their party is!
They are destroying our economy, and report says today, we have MORE poverty people today than EVER!
Wake up people!

purplelilac3084 09/09/2010 5:29am

well, now the president wants to spend more money! the money will create jobs for the UNIONS!!!! Not the people who really need a job! I am sick by this democrat social agenda…NO JOBS! I had a good paying job when President Bush was in office, so YES I would rather have him be President!
Did you see the health care bill is going to raise rates DOUBLE! One for the annual premium, and one for the health care bill that goes in affect at the end of this month! Remember Nancy Pelosi saying we have to pass the bill to find out what’s in it? These damn democrats voted for it without reading it!
Of course people don’t want to hire with this crazy administration! They are trying to take away our freedom with every bill they pass! They have NO IDEA how to make jobs in our country! They think oh, unemployment claims have dropped! But what about ME who has been a 99er without no money and looking for a job every single day without any luck!
Wake up America and vote them out!!!!

purplelilac3084 08/26/2010 5:47am

This is a disgrace that the president and senate are on vacation!
the economy is falling apart due to the socialist bills they have passed!
after spending ALL that money, the jobs have never been created.
They want to end the Bush tax cuts, so small businesses will be taxed!
That is going to create even more unemployment!
I have been going crazy to find a job, I am even enrolled in 5 Temporary Agencies, but of course, they are hit just as bad as I am.
The health care bill will tax them, the bush tax cuts will end, the financial bill will hurt them, so where are we going to get jobs from?
The President has said he don’t care if he is a one term president, as long as he gets his agenda! Please fire these senators in November!

GovtISCorrupt 07/31/2010 4:03am

What would this SHEISTER do without a camera in his face?? He keeps getting voted in because 1) NYers are stupid 2)You voted in Hillary! 3)You keep seeing UpChuck on that big bright box you are mesmerized by watching(CBS, NBC, ABC, MSLSD, CNN) and think “wow, he really does care about NY – he’s everywhere!”

Get a CLUE NY – pay attention!! This guy is a shill, a sheister in a fancy suit…VOTE HIM OUT!!!!

SonsOfAmerica 07/15/2010 6:39am
in reply to seasilbean Mar 06, 2009 11:05am

Schumer is a great man who fights for the citizens; you need to get in touch with reality… All wall street is: ten-percent of the super-rich’s money that the middle-class are allowed to play with… (The super-rich get corporate loop-holes (pay a whole lot less in taxes)and the average man has a chance at a better life! Honestly “Thats it!” even the dow companies, only a small portion is owned by the public … the super-rich control Wall Street. The Republican parties sole job is: “Steal from the middle-classed to feed the super-rich!” .. Reverse Robin Hood.. Republicans destroyed the unions took the average man’s money and now are working on our rights or anything that the super-rich want from us. Our congress is filled with used car salesmen that will do anything to get their payday. Schumer is a honest man amoung the wolfs! GO SCHUMER FIGHT: The terrorist, corporations and the evil men in congress!

purplelilac3084 07/14/2010 3:56am

I am disappointed with you. You could of passed unemployment by taking it from the stimulus! But no, you would rather the stimulus money keep being wasted on disgusting things. Where are the jobs from the stimulus? hmmm, they are only in government. You democrats have done nothing to create jobs!
in fact, President Clinton was the one to pass free trade that caused our jobs to go overseas! President Clinton passed the housing mortgage, that made the crisis, by making them give loans to people who could not afford them!
democrats have been in control since 2006, so don’t give me that crap about the last 8 years, cause that is a big lie!

sharibear 07/07/2010 6:09pm
in reply to pelmof Jun 29, 2010 6:05am
pelmof 06/29/2010 6:05am

Dear Senator Schumer,

thefish 05/13/2010 10:58am

Senator, the amendment you have proposed to outlaw the debt settlement industry as a whole is dirty and cheap politics. Yes, good legislation to regulate the industry is needed on a Congressional basis as it is impossible to register and be licensed and bonded in all 50 states. However, to run a company on $50 and 10% of the savings is impossible. you know it and everyone knows it, particularly Chase Bank who supports you in this. If you want to do what is in the best interest of the country, look at the bill that we wrote and submitted to Washington that regulates us, protects the public and allows us to make a reasonable profit. what you are doing is underhanded and an act worse than that which you are critical of. Shame on you sir. D. Fishman Las Vegas Nv.

MannyJr 05/12/2010 5:36pm
in reply to purplelilac3084 Aug 06, 2009 5:05am

Yea, just like Republicans did.

kurtvb 05/06/2010 4:00pm
in reply to msbunny78 Mar 22, 2009 7:12am

I see nowhere in this legislation that could possibly be construed to being similar to anything that was done in Nazi Germany. If anything, it improves on a long established volunteer corps that has worked well under three administrations. It seems funny that volunteering to help Americans help Americans is equated with Nazi Germany in your eyes.

Spam Comment

fortermlimits 04/16/2010 3:04pm
in reply to purplelilac3084 Mar 06, 2010 7:56am

Yes, yes!!

fortermlimits 04/16/2010 3:03pm
in reply to Anjou99999 Mar 22, 2010 4:19pm

You are Borg. It is just the beginning of the end of our freedoms that we have always cherished. You must not have children to pass this terrible monstrous health care bill on to.

purplelilac3084 04/12/2010 1:19pm

Soon you will be sorry that you thanked him for the healthcare bill. There is only 2 things that this bill does for reform. Pre-existing conditions doesn’t even start until 2014! Premiums will go UP, not DOWN. Medicaid, Medicare, Social Security, the Post office, Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac are all BROKE! This shows you the goverment Cannot run anything without bankrupting it. They just spend, spend, spend. And soon this bill will tax, tax, tax, and fine you if you cannot afford insurance. It is taking our freedom away from CHOICE, which America is supposed to represent.

Anjou99999 03/22/2010 4:19pm

Thank you for being strong and getting the Health Insurance Reform act through,
against all odds.Although I, and most of the people I know, feel that
without a public option, there is no real competition, this is a great start,a
a huge victory for the Democratic Party.We will be showing up to the polls and voting for each person that voted yes.And against each person that voted no.

Official website: