Former Sen. Olympia Snowe

Republican  •  Maine 3 Terms  •  Sworn In 1995
Last Term 2007 - 2013 View All

• omegaclass 12/26/2009 9:56pm

It’s time to get all new representatives; they are all dirty, all on the take and drunk on the rich man’s money. A drunken sailor is more conservative then these guys.

It is my opinion that we need to put a stop to career politicians they go into office with good intentions and retire corrupt, bank accounts full and us (the common man) a lot poorer then the year before.

Ladies and Gentleman I know what you are thinking; “No my guy is honest, good and pure as the Antarctic wind driven show” NOT SO! Our representatives are like children with their dad’s cell phone and when dad gets the bill he is angry because there isn’t the money in the budget to pay the bills. So the family eats macaroni and cheese for the next three months.

Listen to reason my friends; if we keep doing what we have been doing we will keep getting what we’ve been getting. TIME TO CLEAN HOUSE.

• cshann 01/09/2010 1:11am

I plan on cleaning house in the next election and I will NOT be voting for Snowe. She is a Progressive and not what this country or the state of Maine needs. I have written her several times and basically get patronizing letters back that she is going to do exactly as she pleases and that these issues “are very complicated” Oh please! I believe she’s forgotten she works for ME and YOU.

• Spam Comment

• ditchmitchthebitch 02/23/2010 10:13pm

Are you getting paid or just incompetent?

• Spam Comment

• AnnaSchaefer 06/20/2010 11:36pm

You and the rest of the Republicans are so transparent! President Obama, as well as us Americans, know what you are doing. Stalling and not voting on what the people want and need in this country. Do the job you were elected to do, and start voting! Your tactics in stalling is only going to back fire on you all. Show our President some respect. How you treat him, is a reflection on how you treat us Americans. We may have been fooled in the past, but not anymore! We The People have spoken by electing President Obama into office. We need change and we need it now! And quit blaming President Obama for the disaster in the Gulf. Enough is enough!

• Revolution 06/28/2010 7:09pm

You are a disgrace to your country and should be embarrassed to have the UNITED STATES in front of your title.4th of July is upon us-it reminds us of history and how the people can come together to make a difference.I hope you and your family meet the same outcome as the 15,000,000+ unemployed.You turned your back on the Citizens by playing games and stupid antics.Assistance needs to be offered to ease the minds of the families and allow continued dignity no matter the cost. You spend OUR money like water and the American people MUST and SHOULD be priority one!
    “As good government is an empire of laws, how shall your laws be made? In a large society,inhabiting an extensive country,it is impossible that the whole should assemble to make laws. The first necessary step, then,is to depute power from the many to a few of the most wise and good.”
    John Adams, Thoughts on Government, 1776
    Obviously we dont have the few wise and good in the senate-but we have the power to change that.

• pelmof 06/29/2010 5:06am

Dear Senator Snowe,

• Spam Comment

• MTeinert 07/15/2010 7:46pm
    Thank You Ms. Snowe for overlooking the childish bipartisan issues that are keeping this country from prosperity, and voting for what you think is right. You are truly a leader and not a follower like most senators in congress. We need more leaders like you in the White house. You are truly appreciated and once again thank you. Thank you. Thank you!
  • AllAmericanGranni 07/19/2010 1:28pm

Dear Senator,
    I need the extention for unemployment to be passed quickly. I have worked for more than 45 years. This is the 1st time I have been forced into unemployment. My office closed due to the economy. I went back to school to change careers and go into healthcare. I graduated among the top of my class but can’t find employment. I email, fax, and mail 4-7 resumes daily. Because of the greedy on Wall Street and my lack of knowledge I have lost all of my retirement savings. If this bill isn’t passed quickly, I will be 63 yr old homeless grandmother. My savings has been depleted in the past yr to pay my education, housing and monthly bills. I drive an 11 yr old car and live week to week. I don’t understand how the Congress of the United States can turn its back on the very people it has sworn to serve. Then I saw this:
    Mrs Clinton announced aid worth $7.5bn for Pakistan at the start of talks in Islamabad. She said the US wanted to show it cared about ordinary Pakistanis.

• GovtISCorrupt 07/31/2010 4:41am

Another RINO in Maine!!

• 1ofakindlady 07/26/2011 11:42am

Stop the WAR on the Poor, the Elderly, the Disabled, our Veterans, our Military Men & Women & their Families! It is time to take a STAND & Stop Cuts to Social Programs to Reward the Rich! If there are any cuts to be made it should be to Reduce the POLITICIANS Pay! We should be Strengthening our Social Programs NOT Destroying them. It was NOT Consumers that Destroyed the Economy, It was the Rich, Corporations, Politicians and Stock Market Crooks that CONTINUE to DESTROY our Economy Today! Shame on YOU for NOT Taking a STAND! I AM~

• jharding 12/05/2011 2:00pm

Ms. Snowe,

Have you READ the Bill of Rights? Have you read the National Defense Authorization Act? And if so, how COULD you vote AYE on the NDAA, recently passing the Senate this weekend? How can you not see the conflict between the two?

You do not represent me, and I am glad to let you know I will not be voting for your re-election this next fall.

• getlambornout 03/01/2012 1:20pm

Senator Snowe, thank you for doing the right thing. You voted against the Blunt Amendment. The GOP war on women’s health and attaching it to a transportation bill is party suicide! You are on the right side of history. I’m sorry the GOP is so extreme that good people like you are not comfortable serving. It is dysfunctional and needs to change. Good luck to you.

Official website: