Sen. Sherrod Brown

Democrat  •  Ohio  •  2nd Term  •  Sworn In 2007
Current Term 2013 - 2019 View All

RSM61 12/31/2011 12:07am
in reply to Anonymous Feb 16, 2009 10:47am

Not BEFORE running, While they are IN OFFICE! They should only be allowed to make $25,000 a year, period. NO bonuses, NO retirement, BASIC MINIMAL healthcare, NO kickbacks, NO book deals, NO speech fee’s, NO anything to make extra money!!! And NO access to personal funds if they have it before they go in! That would keep many of them from wanting to be career politicians and would only attract people who were very passioate about what they were doing instead of the kind of misfits we get stuck with nowadays. They would have the $25,000 and that’s it, and they would have to live only on that.

kbthiede 03/14/2011 7:28pm

I used to email Senator Brown to support issues I, as a constituent, want him to support. I stopped after a while, realizing how pointless it was. The thing is, every time he responded to my emails, he told me he DID in fact support the things I wanted him to support. I can even see on OpenCongress here that he in fact does support these things.

I don’t think there is a better reason to give this man a great rating and my vote, he always legislates in the interest of his constituents, or at least this one.

HildaSuf 11/15/2010 9:30am

Not surprised to hear Brown votes with his party 97% of the time. He is in favor of the health"care" TAX; card check; disclosure act; probably cap and trade – anything that assures more power and control to the federal government – it’s time the power and control is given back to the American citizens. Not that the republicans are any better than the democrats – but the republicans are trying to stop the seek and destroy CAPITALISM mission American’s are currently forced to deal with. – Brown is bad news for prosperity in America.

Toledoan 11/05/2010 3:22pm

Senator Brown is simply a puppet that NEVER has an opinion differing from his democratic party puppeteers… I look forward to seeing him ousted from his position. :)

AnnaSchaefer 09/01/2010 11:33pm

The College Debt Swap Act needs to get passed. These students are drowning in debt. With the College Debt Swap Act, we would get the same benefits as the Federal Student Loans have. We are not asking for a bailout. We want to repay our loans, but need a better structure in repayment that is allowed for the federal loans. This will allow these people to regain their buying power. We want to buy a home, raise a family and start new businesses, but with large debt due to the unforgiving interest rates and other fees these private lenders are allowed to saddle us with, we will never have our buying power. So how will the economy ever be strong with the majority of young, educated people at the mercy of these lenders? Please hear our pleas.

bnw614 07/12/2010 5:56pm

Thank you for trying so hard to get the unemployment extension passed please keep it up… You have our 2 votes when it comes time for relection…

Spam Comment

pelmof 06/29/2010 6:09am

Dear Senator Brown,

kaykay76 06/28/2010 12:55pm

Please Help “Us” . We deserve something , we have worked many years . Now we are put out of homes. We need this bill to pass. It is soo sad how many people’s lives are being affected. I have faith in you Senator Brown! THank you ..

Spam Comment

Spam Comment

klassylady25 03/23/2010 5:27pm

It’s 9:24 central time and it’s your turn on deck, but what I’m hearing is the same thing that every other democrat that is for this bill: story after story. Our family has a story too but I think you know that this is NOT a sound bill. It is not a bill with both sides involved. Frankly, I’ve never seen one side fight so hard as not to work with the 5/6 of the nation that not only pay your way, but pay everyone else’s too.

Many will be watching and looking for men/woman who exemplifies: Honesty, Reverence, Hope, Thrift, Humility, Charity, Sincerity, Moderation, Hard Work, Courage, Personal Responsibility, and Gratitude.

“I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant, and fill him with a terrible resolve” Isoroku Yamamoto

Dori 03/07/2010 10:00pm

How can Brown have a 35+% approval rating? Congress is what? 15% approval? My guess is Brown should be down around 15% at best. How are the ratings determined?

Spam Comment

suesaner 12/29/2009 12:47pm

my cobra plan ended and wont cover me as an individual because i am now sick, for the first time in the 19 years with the plan. hipaa plan will cover me, but being unemployed does not financially allow that option. ironic, as i am unemployed from that very health plan after 9 years. the ray of sunshine? the h.r. 3501 that could give my sorry self a tax break on my four legged “kids” and that would be brilliant! my taxes have been supporting other peoples kids for years, but i dont have any human kids, so i dont get any help with my furry companions. senator brown is supporting this bill and i am thrilled. he supports many others i am in support of. so if i need to get my health care from the free clinic now, so be it. when i was working i supported them, now i shall use their services. i will also defend my home, as long as i can pay the house note. my remington home defense system will assist me. :)

rick_broker 12/21/2009 3:49am
in reply to fortermlimits Nov 24, 2009 7:58pm

We need to find a way to recall this traitor!

thejeffersondemocrat 12/18/2009 5:30am

Sen. Brown tragically clings to the farce that the “Commerce Clause” of the US constitution gives the government the authority to force (mandate) people to buy a good or service (in this case health insurance) or risk being on the wrong side of the law. That is a tyranically power that finds no shelter in the words of the commerce clause: “To regulate Commerce with foreign Nations, and among the several States, and with the Indian Tribes;” Either the senator is ignorant of how the commerce clause reads, or is willfully violating his oath of office.

fortermlimits 11/24/2009 7:58pm

2012 is too far away for me, you can do so much damage. I see you voted for cloture to proceed HR3590. Shame on you, you lose.

DOUGLASFIELD 10/16/2009 11:07pm
  • POORER AMERICAN ACTIVE DUTY U.S. MILITARY AROUND THE WORLD WHO ARE RISKING AND LOSING THEIR LIVES FOR ALL OF US ~ HAVE FAMILIES BACK HOME WHO ARE ALSO DYING WITHOUT HEALTH*CARE *
    ~ PRESIDENT OBAMA AND U.S. SENATOR OLYMPIA SNOWE OF MAINE BOTH KNOW THAT ANY FUTURE HEALTH
    CARE PLAN FOR OUR NEW AMERICA NEEDS TO ALSO ENCOMPASS ALL FAMILY MEMBERS OF ACTIVE DUTY MILITARY MEMBERS…ANYTHING LESS WOULD BE UN*AMERICAN ~
    JUST MAYBE AMERICA NEEDS A FEW MORE REVOLVING DOORS IN OUR U.S. CONGRESS *
    OUR COUNTRY COULD REALLY USE MANY MORE SINCERE AMERICANS LIKE THIS SPECIAL U.S.SENATOR OLYMPIA SNOWE FROM MAINE WHO CONSIDERS THIS COUNTRIES 45 MILLION POOR AMERICAN MEN WOMEN AND CHILDREN WITHOUT PROPER HEALTH CARE LIKE HER OWN FAMILY AHEAD OF HER ELECTED POLITICAL FAMILY **
    45 MILLION POORER AMERICANS HAVE OBVIOUSLY BEEN TOUCHED BY AN ANGEL WITH THE PEOPLES U.S. SENATOR SNOWE OF MAINE.
    LAWYERS FOR POOR AMERICANS CAN BE FOUND WITH ANY SEARCH ENGINE.
    424-247-2013
kbthiede 09/23/2009 5:19pm

BROWN’S MY BOY!!!!

I love you Senator, you can always count on my vote…..provided your voting remains satisfactory….

AND IT IS VERY SATISFACTORY

YEAH BROWN WOOOOOOOOOOOOO

navywifeked 09/16/2009 4:57pm

According to Mr. Brown on nomination of Sunstein, he heard concern from many constituents, but voted to allow him anyways. What happened to listening to the people that put you in office? He votes the Socialist way and won’t listen, he does what he wants. Not supposed to be that way. Vote him out in 2012, to bad that is so far away. He is going to do so much damage in the next 3 1/2 years. God help us all…

eleyarms 08/29/2009 6:44pm

This is one of my Senators, I am ashamed to say. He does not listen to his constituents and votes his own agenda rather than that of the citizens of Ohio. In today’s climate, definitely a one term pony. Let’s vote him and the rest of the Socialists out of office as soon as possible.

jcgordon 06/28/2009 2:18pm

Sherrod Brown is undoubtedly one of the worst Senators in the country. Here is what the Heritage Foundation has to say about Brown’s record.

“Over the past year and half, his Senate colleagues have shown little hesitation in aligning with Sanders. One senator, Ohio’s Sherrod Brown, would receive an A in Socialism 101 by virtue of his voting record and numerous co-sponsorships. Brown voted the socialist party line, with Sanders, 96% of the time and cosponsored a bill to raise taxes on small businesses and another that would mandate banks to make favorable loans to businesses that meet certain left-leaning ideals.”

bobjuliequeen 06/24/2009 4:17pm

if we don’t want to work in a union where is our choice!!!! vote no against your party for card check and vote yes for America!!!

henhousefox 04/30/2009 2:38pm

Bravo regarding S488.

bobjuliequeen 04/08/2009 11:34am

I have never been more scared of losing everything my family has fought and died for than I am now. If HR45 passes then we all will indeed be subjects and not citizens, The fact that the safety of our children is a main point to this bill makes me sick. when we can’t even send them to school without the fear of being beaten up looms over their heads daily. My parents taught me at a very early age what a firearm was capable of doing to another human being, and I never touched one nore did I want to until I was ready to do it safely. This like most things must be taught in the home and not by a very misinformed teacher that has never been hunting,or handled a weapon. let alone a bunch of coattail riding,yes men who really don’t have an opinion but will do anything to kiss ass of our current administration.

waltersdc2 03/08/2009 3:26am

H.R. 45 is also a direct contradiction to H.R> 17 which states we may own and use firearms in defense of our selves, family and home. While we will be allowed to defend ourselves we will not be allowed to keep those firearms anywhere we could get at them easily.

Anonymous 02/18/2009 1:57pm
in reply to Anonymous Feb 18, 2009 5:12am

I agree with your comment! H.R 45 is a major step in the wrong direction. I believe this is a beginning step to abolish our second ammendment rights. H.R. 45 will not stop the criminals from obtaining and using a firearm against the law abiding citizen. Why would anyone want to support a law that could possibly turn a law abiding citizen into a criminal due to no fault of their own. It will also add additional and unnecessary cost to citizens, firearms manufacturing companies and many other businesses.

Anonymous 02/18/2009 5:12am

Please, Do not support H.R.45, this is a dangerous bill and a step in the wrong direction. I agree that there has to be a certain amount of control, but this bill could possiably make all gun owners “criminals”. This bill seems to be “being kept quiet” in the news media, I had not heard anything about it until I went to a local gun shop to purchase ammo and they were out of the ammo I was looking for. This bill seems to be making people who want to own a firearm run out and purchase one even if they need one or not. The bill is creating a panic, and that in it’s self could be dangerous. Some of these tactics were tried 70 some years ago, don’t let it happen again.

littlefaithincongress 02/17/2009 5:23pm

I am convinced our elected officials only care about keeping their jobs and their very comfortable lifestyles at our expense. They have their own special retirement and medical programs they voted for themselves. I wish I could vote on their compensation and benefit package. If they had to live on the programs and packages available to the citizens they might actually find some solutions to some of our complex problems. I am convinced they just don’t want to be bothered by the average citizen except on election day!

Official website: