Sen. Sherrod Brown

Democrat  •  Ohio  •  2nd Term  •  Sworn In 2007
Current Term 2013 - 2019 View All

• klassylady25 03/23/2010 5:27pm

It’s 9:24 central time and it’s your turn on deck, but what I’m hearing is the same thing that every other democrat that is for this bill: story after story. Our family has a story too but I think you know that this is NOT a sound bill. It is not a bill with both sides involved. Frankly, I’ve never seen one side fight so hard as not to work with the 5/6 of the nation that not only pay your way, but pay everyone else’s too.

Many will be watching and looking for men/woman who exemplifies: Honesty, Reverence, Hope, Thrift, Humility, Charity, Sincerity, Moderation, Hard Work, Courage, Personal Responsibility, and Gratitude.

“I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant, and fill him with a terrible resolve” Isoroku Yamamoto

• DOUGLASFIELD 04/26/2010 11:51am

DEAR SENATOR,

• CAN ANYONE EXPLAIN OTHER THEN SATAN HOW TEXAS GOVERNOR RICK PERRY ON ONE HAND PARDONS FORMER TEXAS INMATE TIMOTHY COLE WHO WAS WRONGFULLY EXECUTED WITHOUT BEING ALLOWED TO EXONERATE HIMSELF USING DNA TESTING IN TEXAS , AND WITHIN THE SAME MONTH THIS SAME GOVERNOR RICK PERRY OF TEXAS DENIES YET ANOTHER DNA TEST PRIOR ANOTHER POSSIBLE WRONGFUL EXECUTION OF HANK SKINNER ???
  • Spam Comment

• kaykay76 06/28/2010 12:55pm

Please Help “Us” . We deserve something , we have worked many years . Now we are put out of homes. We need this bill to pass. It is soo sad how many people’s lives are being affected. I have faith in you Senator Brown! THank you ..

• pelmof 06/29/2010 6:09am

Dear Senator Brown,

sharibear 07/07/2010 6:10pm
  • bnw614 07/12/2010 5:56pm

Thank you for trying so hard to get the unemployment extension passed please keep it up… You have our 2 votes when it comes time for relection…

• AnnaSchaefer 09/01/2010 11:33pm

The College Debt Swap Act needs to get passed. These students are drowning in debt. With the College Debt Swap Act, we would get the same benefits as the Federal Student Loans have. We are not asking for a bailout. We want to repay our loans, but need a better structure in repayment that is allowed for the federal loans. This will allow these people to regain their buying power. We want to buy a home, raise a family and start new businesses, but with large debt due to the unforgiving interest rates and other fees these private lenders are allowed to saddle us with, we will never have our buying power. So how will the economy ever be strong with the majority of young, educated people at the mercy of these lenders? Please hear our pleas.

• Toledoan 11/05/2010 3:22pm

Senator Brown is simply a puppet that NEVER has an opinion differing from his democratic party puppeteers… I look forward to seeing him ousted from his position. :)

• HildaSuf 11/15/2010 9:30am

Not surprised to hear Brown votes with his party 97% of the time. He is in favor of the health"care" TAX; card check; disclosure act; probably cap and trade – anything that assures more power and control to the federal government – it’s time the power and control is given back to the American citizens. Not that the republicans are any better than the democrats – but the republicans are trying to stop the seek and destroy CAPITALISM mission American’s are currently forced to deal with. – Brown is bad news for prosperity in America.

• kbthiede 03/14/2011 7:28pm

I used to email Senator Brown to support issues I, as a constituent, want him to support. I stopped after a while, realizing how pointless it was. The thing is, every time he responded to my emails, he told me he DID in fact support the things I wanted him to support. I can even see on OpenCongress here that he in fact does support these things.

I don’t think there is a better reason to give this man a great rating and my vote, he always legislates in the interest of his constituents, or at least this one.

Official website: