Sen. Richard Burr

Republican  •  North Carolina  •  2nd Term  •  Sworn In 2005
Current Term 2011 - 2017 View All

• Anonymous 02/13/2008 11:31am

Those who vote for unconstitutional warrentless wiretaps and vote to protect the criminals that violate our privacy are not worthy of the position they hold. It’s impossible to justify undermining the very essence of our constitution in order to protect it. Another sell out.

mikeusctr 11/02/2009 3:33am

Get used to the wiretaps! What I’m concerned about is whether Mr. Burr is going to take the checking account route on this health care bill. Here in NC we have come to realize the game the health industry has been playing with the public option. NC residents want the public option. I can’t wait to see how he votes on this bill. Michael Moore has promised us all the help we need to vote these people out who side with the health industry and not the residents of NC. We are waiting to see his vote.This bill is needed in NC. Not all people who qualify for medicaid want it. My health insurance is almost 300. a week, and were tired of it. My family told me about this website and they are monitoring Mr. Burrs votes because they live in his district. So well have to wait and see.

LadyD53 11/14/2009 2:23am

Let’s make it clear, not all NC residents want the public option. Not all residents of NC are of the mindset that “TAXPAYERS” should take care of them from the womb to the tomb. Many believe that it is a personal responsibility to pay your mortgage, rent, health insurance, car insurance, telephone bill not Washington’s purpose to take that which your neighbor makes and saves and pay YOUR bills. Where do you think the money comes from? Washington has no business in the health care industry.. PERIOD! One needs only to look to the Post Office, Social Security and Medicare to see where Washington at the helm will get us. By the way, the PUBLIC OPTION does not mean the entire public, Washington does not include itself in “our” retirement (social security) program, do you honestly believe they will buddy down with the public option. Some folks have money for what they “WANT” not what they “NEED” – they NEED health care – they HAVE cable.

• Anonymous 05/12/2008 9:56pm

I have recently read Obama’s Senate Bill 2433. What a scam on the American taxpayer. How can our government expect the taxpayers to give up .7% of the American GNP to the UN when the economy is in a near depression. Bush’s War is costing billions every month for the taxpayers to pay which will go on for decades to come! The Chinese own this country through the Treasury Notes our government is selling to finance his war and you are going along with it. Every American currently owes the Chinese nearly $5,000.00 because of this practice!!! The Chinese are building the largest, most, sophisticated, super-quiet submarine force in the world all from the products we purchase at Wal marts, Dollar General, etc. which you and Senator Dole seem to agree with. A force made up of submarines better than the one christen a few days ago in Wilmington (USS NC 777)! I am not a fly-by-night individual…I am a retired individual who has worked hard for the betterment of his community, state,(NC) and country (vet also) and it makes me sick when I see people who go to Washington with a promise to the voter to follow the Constitution and introduce bills such as 2433. I have voted in every election since I turned 21 (except during tour in USN). Today, I am beginning to feel that it was and is a waste of my time. How much more can we take!! The people who do pay taxes can’t carry the world much farther along with those in this country who do not want to work (no such thing as unemployment…one must ask himself the question….why are all these illegal Mexicans here!) as well as those who are here illegally having one child behind the other. What a mess this country is in!!!!! It is time for all Americans to vote any incumbent out of office. Our representive government is not a retirement center for worn-out politicians (example: Ted Kennedy and many more, both, Republicans and Democrats). It is also not a place for those with radical ideas such as Barrack Obama and others!

A very concerned NC citizen who “loves” his country!!!!!!!!

• Anonymous 06/27/2008 6:10am

Thanks! for voting nay on S 3101 (Medicare Competitive Bidding Delay)…lets just turn this country into a socialistic society. Do you realize that by allowing competitive bidding you are making large companies get bigger and shutting down thousands of smaller Durable Medical Equipment companies, thus thousands of jobs have been lost. Medicare recipients have not been educated on this issue and are in for a scare. Thanks again….greed and money= US government!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• judyvillecco 09/05/2008 8:16pm

With so much crime in your state against military women more must be done. Educate yourself. see http://www.Diane-and-friends.com

• Anonymous 02/06/2009 9:08am

I don’t agree with this stimulus package at all. It is just another way of selling this country down the drain. I have lost almost all of my savings because of the greed and mismanagement of many companies. I don’t see anyone wonting to pay me back. This country is in big trouble and you can’t fix it by spending more money, especially money we don’t have. Until you bring back industry and manufactoring to this country…things will not change.

• EWALTER58 02/12/2009 11:47am

BILL H.R.45 THE CHANGE. WE DON’T NEED
    H.R. 45 the new gun control bill written by Senator Bobby Rush from Illinois, they have basically the same system now in Illinois but yet they have some of highest crime rate in the city of Chicago they just don’t get it. IT DOSE NOT WORK. The bill outlaws concealed carry, laws already on the books, protection of your home by having a loaded weapon in your home to protect your family. It has redundant provisions and laws that are already on the books that do not get enforced Our country needs to stop protecting the criminals and those who don’t feel they have to follow the laws of the state or federal government. The people of our nation do not want more gun laws; they want the criminals to know they will be held accountable for the crimes they commit. Is this the change our new President speaks of?

• noseknows 02/28/2009 12:34pm

I am tired of the GOP not taking any credit for the mess that we are in and the GOP congress being 100% critical of the president is just not statistically possible except by way of a concentrated effort to cause the economy to fail and then put the blame of the person who has been here for 5 weeks. If there is disagreement with parts of the budget then go in and argue the parts not agreed with. Stop the blanket fear tactics and blanket disagreement. I thought the American dream died a long time ago and now I am empowered to believe that the American dream is possible again. I have believed for a long time that my child’s future is bleak and now I do not. Why the billions given to the banks and only a spit of an argument against that bailout for appearance sake. But when it comes to the low to middle income taxpayer getting a break, here come all the destructive fear tactics all over again.

zachjoh 04/25/2010 5:21pm

You are 100% right! I cannot stand it when the GOP throws out words like “Socialist” to scare people, despite the fact that not US Socialist party likes Obama or the healthcare bill.

• JoanBottcher 03/24/2009 5:49am

Did you read this socialist bill telling us how, when and where we can volunteer. This is Germany in the making. Tell me if your read this bill full (H111-1388), then ask yourself WHY you would have put this expense on the taxpayers to pay for this socialistic bill. Government should not be in the business of telling its people what to do, we are to tell you what to do as our elected representative and this is a bad vote on your part and on the parts of all those that voted for this bill.

• kythera 04/23/2009 1:18pm

Time To Put The Brakes On The Cybersecurity Act
    by
    Jason Lee Miller

Please read: http://www.securitypronews.com/insiderreports/insider/spn-49-20090423TimeToPutTheBrakesOnTheCybersecurityAct.html#resume

I think it says it all, if this legislation is considered, PLEASE vote NO!

• patrickdsnyder 06/23/2009 8:10am

I want to voice my opposition to H.R.45 Blair Holt’s Firearm Licensing and Record of Sale Act of 2009. When one amendment of the Constitution can be legislated away, then all of them are subject to the same treatment. I see this bill as an underhanded attack on my rights guaranteed by the constitution. All this bill will do is empower criminals while it limits the ability of honest citizens to protect themselves and enjoy hunting and target shooting. The end result will be a whole new class of criminals, who the day before were law abiding citizens. The criminals themselves won’t be deterred in the least.

• DOUGLASFIELD 10/16/2009 11:24pm
    • POORER AMERICAN ACTIVE DUTY U.S. MILITARY AROUND THE WORLD WHO ARE RISKING AND LOSING THEIR LIVES FOR ALL OF US ~ HAVE FAMILIES BACK HOME WHO ARE ALSO DYING WITHOUT HEALTH*CARE *
      ~ PRESIDENT OBAMA AND U.S. SENATOR OLYMPIA SNOWE OF MAINE BOTH KNOW THAT ANY FUTURE HEALTH
      CARE PLAN FOR OUR NEW AMERICA NEEDS TO ALSO ENCOMPASS ALL FAMILY MEMBERS OF ACTIVE DUTY MILITARY MEMBERS…ANYTHING LESS WOULD BE UN*AMERICAN ~
      JUST MAYBE AMERICA NEEDS A FEW MORE REVOLVING DOORS IN OUR U.S. CONGRESS *
      OUR COUNTRY COULD REALLY USE MANY MORE SINCERE AMERICANS LIKE THIS SPECIAL U.S.SENATOR OLYMPIA SNOWE FROM MAINE WHO CONSIDERS THIS COUNTRIES 45 MILLION POOR AMERICAN MEN WOMEN AND CHILDREN WITHOUT PROPER HEALTH CARE LIKE HER OWN FAMILY AHEAD OF HER ELECTED POLITICAL FAMILY **
      45 MILLION POORER AMERICANS HAVE OBVIOUSLY BEEN TOUCHED BY AN ANGEL WITH THE PEOPLES U.S. SENATOR SNOWE OF MAINE.
      LAWYERS FOR POOR AMERICANS CAN BE FOUND WITH ANY SEARCH ENGINE.
      424-247-2013
  • DOUGLASFIELD 02/03/2010 12:05pm

SENATOR,

• MANY MORE IN OUR U.S. CONGRESS ARE NOW FINDNG OUT THE TRUTH OTHER THEN SENATOR WEBB AND THOSE OTHERS IN THE NOW… IN CONGRESS
  • upsetnc 03/21/2010 7:17pm

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU….for voting against the Health Care Bill tonight!!!!

• sky4deb 03/23/2010 8:04am

thank you for listening to your people and voting against the health care bill…

• zachjoh 04/25/2010 5:18pm

Please do not put this man back in office. He kept his campaign promise: he voted with Bush every time and the last thing we need now is another Bush-minded Congressman who stands up for big business. I say remove all members from congress who voted with Bush’s agenda more than 60% from office!

• DOUGLASFIELD 04/26/2010 12:40pm

DEAR SENATOR,

• CAN ANYONE EXPLAIN OTHER THEN SATAN HOW TEXAS GOVERNOR RICK PERRY ON ONE HAND PARDONS FORMER TEXAS INMATE TIMOTHY COLE WHO WAS WRONGFULLY EXECUTED WITHOUT BEING ALLOWED TO EXONERATE HIMSELF USING DNA TESTING IN TEXAS , AND WITHIN THE SAME MONTH THIS SAME GOVERNOR RICK PERRY OF TEXAS DENIES YET ANOTHER DNA TEST PRIOR ANOTHER POSSIBLE WRONGFUL EXECUTION OF HANK SKINNER ???
  • elleedr 06/18/2010 9:59am

If you are apart of the American unemployed or share the same views as the unemployed and want to have a peaceful march on Washington to show that we do need our unemployment or in support of unemployment, email me at unemploymentmarch@yahoo.com. This has to be done, a peaceful stand needs to take place soon to make a difference. Before a lot of Americans lose the little bit that they do have. We didn’t ask for the economy to be this way and it is not our fault that we can not find jobs all at the same time. We worked all of our lives and now that we need help, the people in congress is saying no! We are the ones that help pay for wars, national disasters, and the congressmen paychecks. Now they are telling us that they cannot pass a bill so we can feed and house our families. What is more important the “Oil Spill” or the unemployed and their children. I don’t think so, it’s time for a peaceful march, email me at unemploymentmarch@yahoo.com, to make a peaceful stand now.

• AnnaSchaefer 06/20/2010 11:48pm

You and the rest of the Republicans are so transparent! President Obama, as well as us Americans, know what you are doing. Stalling and not voting on what the people want and need in this country. Do the job you were elected to do, and start voting! Your tactics in stalling is only going to back fire on you all. Show our President some respect. How you treat him, is a reflection on how you treat us Americans. We may have been fooled in the past, but not anymore! We The People have spoken by electing President Obama into office. We need change and we need it now! And quit blaming President Obama for the disaster in the Gulf. Enough is enough!

• Spam Comment

• chbg1921 06/28/2010 9:37pm

I am asking to please get something done about the unemployment extension. I just ran out of benefits today…I have worked non-stop until 2008 when my shop closed. This is ridiculous that I have to sit down and figure out how I am going to feed my son. I have a degree and the skills to aquire a job, the only problem is there aren’t any jobs. Come on now, please tell me how I am going to pay to keep a roof over my child’s head and feed him? Can you answer that? Oh I forgot you already showed your concern for the american people with your NAY vote.

• pelmof 06/29/2010 5:35am

Dear Senator Burr,

sharibear 07/07/2010 5:51pm
  • ashtonbeth 07/15/2010 11:52am

Senator Burr:
    I am just one more appalled constituent on this website who stand in disbelief that you have voted NAY to passing a bill on the Unemployment Extension. How DARE you ignore your constituents in their darkest hour! Many of us have been gainfully employed all of our lives until we were laid off through no fault of our own. I have a four year degree as well as additional education, and the jobs that are advertised in NC are either for PHDs or for people with little education. Our state continues to have one of the worst unemployment rates in this country – what are YOU doing to attract decent employers to this state? When you sit down for the next opportunity to vote, I hope that you will think about all of the people who got you elected and the people suffering in this state that don’t deserve to suffer. To turn your back on NC citizens now is just unacceptable. You’re simply assuring more future wins for the Dems.

Official website: