Rep. Elijah Cummings

Current Term 2013 - 2015 View All

• Anonymous 01/14/2008 5:41am

Mike Whack
    Charleston, SC
    (H) 843-225-1567; © 843-259-8226
    mwhack@knology.net

THE “BAM”… The OBAMA Handshake!
    PASS IT ON AT THE NEXT OBAMA RALLY!

Having caught “Obama fever” like so many others rallying in support of Barack, I experienced something at a Barack Obama Rally on Thursday, January 10 at the College of Charleston here in Charleston, South Carolina, which I felt was both inspirational and spontaneous!

As Barack worked the line following the close of his speech, there was a surge of people moving forward hoping to get close enough to shake Barack’s hand. Since I was standing about 20 feet back from center stage in the crowd, I felt the crowd down front tighten as many of us stood on our toes, stretched our bodies forward while reaching out to Barack. I noticed that a six foot tall guy who was standing in front of me had stretched far enough above the crowd and shook hands with Barack. As the guy drew back his hand I asked him, “You shook his hand didn’t you?” Happily the guy said “Yes.” I then said, “give me some of that” and the guy shook my hand with the same hand he had just clasped with Barack’s. A woman friend of mine who was standing next to me saw me shake hands with the guy. I turned to her and said “He [the guy] just shook hands with Barack,” to which she responded…“Hey, give it up.” We then shook hands. She then turned to the person next to her and shook hands. This chain of hand shakes went on for about five or six more persons.

I did not know the tall guy in front of me; he is white, I am black. But at the moment we shook hands, I felt some solidarity with this stranger, consummated by a handshake and signifying some unspoken agreement presumably about Barack Obama and his core message of UNITY!

I call this hand-shake scenario the “BAM” because, descriptively, it takes a bit of Obama’s name and it’s the sound of a collision, of People Coming Together!

• Moderated Comment

• Moderated Comment

• ldombi 11/14/2008 7:53pm

Just want to say I love watching Rep Cummings on cspan. Especially when he questioned Neel Kashkari today. Like Rep. cummings, I don’t want to be a chump either! I wish he were my Representative. :)

• RobinSwelch 10/29/2009 9:59am

Thank you for that letter to Nancy Pelosi on repealing the Anti-Trust Exemption for insurance companies, good work. I think this is extremely important.

• DOUGLASFIELD 02/04/2010 5:37am

CONGRESSMAN,

• MANY MORE IN OUR U.S. CONGRESS ARE NOW FINDNG OUT THE TRUTH OTHER THEN SENATOR WEBB … IN CONGRESS
  • klassylady25 03/22/2010 9:49pm

You’ve been in this line of “work” way to long and it’s time for you to get out into the real world, because it’s obvious that you’ve lost touch with what’s really happening out here.

Traitor: One who betrays another’s trust or is false to an obligation or duty ~ The time has come in American when those, in service, stop making a living off of those that work.

• AustinHowe 03/28/2010 5:41pm

Congressman, I just want to express support. You are my Representative and I am extremely proud of your voting record. Up the Irons (It’s a metal thing) from Laurel!

• DOUGLASFIELD 04/29/2010 10:42am

DEAR CONGRESSMAN ELIJAH CUMMINGS,

U.S. SUPREME COURT TO THE RESCUE OF MIDDLE~CLASS AND WORKING POOR AMERICANS OR IS THIS JUST ANOTHER BAD DREAM THAT REAL JUSTICE WILL ONLY CONTINUE TO NOT BE AFFORDED US LITTLE PEOPLE HERE IN THE WEALTHIEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD ?

MIDDLE~CLASS AND WORKING POOR RELIGIOUS AMERICANS REST OUR CASE AGAINST GOVERNOR RICK PERRY OF TEXAS & SATAN ~ YOUR U.S. SUPREME COURT HONOR’S !

• CAN ANYONE EXPLAIN OTHER THEN SATAN HOW TEXAS GOVERNOR RICK PERRY ON ONE HAND PARDONS FORMER TEXAS INMATE TIMOTHY COLE WHO WAS WRONGFULLY EXECUTED WITHOUT BEING ALLOWED TO EXONERATE HIMSELF USING DNA TESTING IN TEXAS,AND WITHIN THE SAME MONTH THIS SAME GOVERNOR RICK PERRY OF TEXAS DENIES YET ANOTHER DNA TEST PRIOR ANOTHER POSSIBLE WRONGFUL EXECUTION OF HANK SKINNER ?

Official website: