Rep. Diana DeGette

Democrat  •  1st District, Colorado  •  9th Term  •  Sworn In 1997
Current Term 2013 - 2015 View All

rafiki 05/14/2013 3:41pm

Rep. DeGette’s vote in favor of HR1406, the misnamed “Working Families Flexibility Act”, is a downright shame. This bill would do nothing more than to eliminate overtime pay for those of us who actually work for a living. Rep. DeGette has lost my vote permanently and I will tell everyone I know not to vote for her in the future, and why.

johns889 02/25/2012 6:39am

Hello,I love reading through your blog, I wanted to leave a little comment to support you and wish you a good continuation. Wishing you the best of luck for all your blogging efforts.cheap evening gowns// formal evening gowns// formal dresses and gowns// bridesmaid gowns// beach wedding gowns// discount wedding gowns//

Slayerdude 12/09/2010 11:51am
in reply to MrJones Mar 19, 2009 7:58pm

It says on her page ‘Least often votes with Rep. Ron Paul’. That should answer your question about her consideration of the Constitution.

Spam Comment

DOUGLASFIELD 04/28/2010 12:45pm

DEAR CONGRESSMAN DeGette,

• CAN ANYONE EXPLAIN OTHER THEN SATAN HOW TEXAS GOVERNOR RICK PERRY ON ONE HAND PARDONS FORMER TEXAS INMATE TIMOTHY COLE WHO WAS WRONGFULLY EXECUTED WITHOUT BEING ALLOWED TO EXONERATE HIMSELF USING DNA TESTING IN TEXAS,AND WITHIN THE SAME MONTH THIS SAME GOVERNOR RICK PERRY OF TEXAS DENIES YET ANOTHER DNA TEST PRIOR ANOTHER POSSIBLE WRONGFUL EXECUTION OF HANK SKINNER ???
klassylady25 03/22/2010 9:54pm

I’d hate for you to grow old in this line of work!! You’ve been in it way to long and it’s time for you to get out into the real world, because it’s obvious that you’ve lost touch with what’s really happening out here.

Traitor: One who betrays another’s trust or is false to an obligation or duty ~ The time has come in American when those, in service, stop making a living off of those that work.

DOUGLASFIELD 02/05/2010 9:24am

SENATOR,

• MANY MORE IN OUR U.S. CONGRESS ARE NOW FINDNG OUT THE TRUTH OTHER THEN SENATOR WEBB… IN CONGRESS
MrJones 03/19/2009 7:58pm

Rep. DeGette do you ever vote on whether a bill is right and just and constitutional, or do you always vote “with party” no matter what? I know I have not been following the government for too long, but all that’s going to change now. I have seen the light, and I will be paying attention from now on. If you always vote “with party”, then how will the people know that their voices are being heard?

theleftwingconservative 03/05/2009 4:41pm

In closing, while such issues as the ecomony are FAR more important, issues such as the Internet Radio Equality Act (H.R. 2060 for your reference BTW), if left on the shelf, can also have an impact on the economy as well (Albeit a TINY one, but let’s fact it, in these HARD times, ANYTHING could start an economic spiral downturn).

As I said before, THE ONLY people who stand to benefit from the defeat of this bill are THE BIG RECORD LABELS. Yes, THE SAME big record labels who are suing 9 year old children & 90 year old grandmothers as they persist in ANNOYING JUDGES & ABUSING OUR ALREADY OVER-BURDENED COURT SYSTEM.

Now I ask you Rep. DeGette – WHERE IS THE JUSTICE IN THAT????

Think about that as you consider the passage of this Bill.

Pat Cook
Denver, CO

theleftwingconservative 03/05/2009 4:39pm

That is a right which the music industry wants to TAKE AWAY FROM US COMPLETELY if they can’t gain control of the medium.

I happen to fall into the category of “hobby enthusiast” who simply wants to have the medium at my disposal to excercise my right to Free Speech. But if the music industry has its way, I won’t have this option.

True, I could podcast my shows, but I ask you – WHERE IS THE INTERACTIVITY IN THAT??

Congresswoman, I do hope you consider passing this bill and saying a resounding “NO” to ANYTHING which SoundExchange may try to pass off as being “Good” for the people when in fact THE ONLY people that stand to benefit in ANY way IS THEM.

theleftwingconservative 03/05/2009 4:37pm

I’ll be posting this here as well as in an email to each of my Representatives on the OFFICIAL Congress website because this issue NEEDS our attention….

Dear Rep DeGette….

There is a Bill which has been sitting on the proverbial & political “back burner” for FAR too long & now UNLESS YOU ACT to change things, the body known as the Copyright Arbitration Royalty Panel (Named afterwards as CARP) may well rule that the Internet Radio medium MUST pay WELL OVER 100% of royalties paid to SoundExchange while Terrestrial & Satellite Radio are able to make do with the SWEETHEART deals which allow them to pay roughly a mere 10% of royalties FOR THE SAME WORKS.

This Bill awaiting the approval of you & your colleagues is called the “Internet Radio Equality Act”. You can find our more about it at http://www.savenetradio.org/

theleftwingconservative 03/05/2009 3:21pm

And here’s the SCARY part – THIS IS JUST THE TIP OF THE ICEBERG REGARDING THE INCOMPETANCE OF THE MANAGEMENT HERE!!!

What’s the building I’m referring to in this case? Mountain View Towers

I don’t mind making any of this information public if it helps someone and/or inspires someone with the ability and/or authority to make changes to do so.

If you wish to have more specific information, you’ll find my email in my profile. JUST BE SURE TO USE [OpenCongress Comment] IN THE SUBJECT LINE I’ll be happy to correspond with you.

Cheers :)

Pat Cook
Denver, CO

theleftwingconservative 03/05/2009 3:20pm

Basically put, all the Legal Aid lawyer did was plea bargain the case, have me sign some papers & that was about it. I’ve been paying the $63.00 per month on top of my rent ever since (I think the total amount I’ve paid on the fire damage is now approaching $1000)

What makes matters worse is that the building is run by management that likes to play favorites (Though if you ask them, they’ll tell you otherwise). We have drug dealers, criminals, homeless people taken off the street & other desirables.

And EACH & EVERY ONE of the individuals have all done FAR WORSE things than I have. YET THEY ARE NOT BEING PUNISHED!!!

Now where’s the Justice in THAT????

theleftwingconservative 03/05/2009 3:19pm

At the time, you might say that I pretty much took full responsibility for starting it as there were things I could’ve done to prevent it (One thing was putting the coat on SOMETHING ELSE besides the stove).

Why? Simple. I made the mistake of bringing in a Legal Aid lawyer who just simply did some numbers crunching & had DHA draw up a contract which was to be enforced at the time my rent was due (As it is now, I’m paying $63 per month of a $12,000+ tab. This started back in March 2007).

I had my suspicions that the management had somehow inflated the bill (The tab from the renovation company was just over $9700) by replacing & repairing things which didn’t need replacing/repairing but I had no way of proving it nor did I have the resources TO prove it (I still have those suspicions today).

theleftwingconservative 03/05/2009 3:18pm

The same can be said about the entire Legal Aid system in general as these lawyers are paid to NOT take a case to court EVEN IF THEY MIGHT HAVE A WINNABLE CASE.

Case in point just happens to be myself (Yeah yeah, I know – Conflict of interest – Sure. Whatever you wanna say or think. I don’t really care). I live in subsidized housing under the Denver Housing Authority. I am legally disabled & collect Social Security (Have been collecting it since 1993, not counting retroactive payments)

A couple of years ago, I had a fire in the apartment I had just moved into after being relocated by DHA from another building as it was being closed for remodeling.

I still had stuff packed and THE ONLY place I kept putting my coat (Which was a total loss in the fire) was on the stove where the fire was.

teagoddess 03/03/2008 6:09pm

I need your help to END the use of two poisons that seriously threaten people, pets and our wildlife.

In 2006, sodium cyanide and sodium fluoroacetate (commonly called Compound 1080) killed an average of 1.6 animals every hour. These poisons are considered to be some of the deadliest toxins known to humanity. Yet, Wildlife Services, a division of the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA), uses these two poisons to kill coyotes and other predators.

Will you help me end the use (and misuse) of these two poisons by urging the Environmental Protection Agency to eliminate sodium cyanide and sodium fluoroacetate?

Take action online at:

These poisons don’t just threaten their intended targets. They often times poison any threatened or endangered species,
people or domestic pets that happen to come into contact with them.

Sodium cyanide is used in M-44s, which kill more than 10,000 animals each year, including domesticated dogs and a whole host of other “non-target” species, such as rare kit foxes, ringtails [http://en.wikipediaorg/wiki/Ring-tailed_Cat], javelinas [http://www.azgfd.gov/w_c/urban_javelina.shtml], and swift foxes.

M-44s have also killed California condors and wolves.

Compound 1080 can be deployed in poison collars placed on sheep and goats. It is highly toxic to birds and mammals and has been used to illegally kill wolves. Carcasses with Compound 1080 must be handled as hazardous waste. If ingested, they can kill wolves and other animals. Compound 1080 is classified as a chemical weapon in several countries.

The continued availability of these poisons, pose a great threat to people, pets and even homeland security.
Government reports have concluded that Wildlife Services has been “unable to account for stockpiles of the toxins”, which leaves the hazardous materials vulnerable to undetected theft and certainly unauthorized use.

There are effective alternatives to these poisons, including a wide range of proactive, nonlethal methods such as fencing, guard animals, fladry lines, non-lethal ammunition and improved animal husbandry. For the safety of our people, our pets and our wildlife, will you take a few moments to help end the use of sodium cyanide and Compound 1080?

We only have until noon on Wednesday March 5th to submit our comments to the Environmental Protection Agency, so please take action today at:

Thanks for taking the time to help!

Sincerely,
Monica Koziol
[Just thought you’d want to know]

SOME BACKGROUND and light reading: