Former Sen. Jim DeMint

Republican  •  South Carolina 2 Terms  •  Sworn In 2005
Last Term 2011 - 2013 View All

forres 01/04/2010 4:52am
in reply to Illuminati_Hater Dec 20, 2009 1:01pm

I agree with Ron Paul’s Audit the Fed act. What about the Enumerated Powers Act? Either version is less than 450 words, direct, concise and nonpartisan.

Anonymous 02/23/2008 4:29am

forres 01/04/2010 4:49am
in reply to DOUGLASFIELD Oct 16, 2009 2:41pm

Where does the Constitution define healthcare as a right?

TBSchemer 02/26/2010 5:27pm
in reply to ditchmitchthebitch Feb 26, 2010 5:14pm

You mean like Nancy Pelosi?
Attorneys & law firms $129,300
Lobbyists & Public Relations $100,200

Superpower 01/04/2010 5:36am

Thank you Senator for standing firm on the cicumvention of debate by Democrats on the confirmation of Erroll Southers. Keep up the good word as the unions are becoming the new ACORN.

Slugger 01/21/2010 8:49am

Thank you Senator for Blocking Southers. And I hope you continue the fight on Obamacare.We have Far to many People in this Country , Living OFF the TAX PAYERS NOW.!! The President, Vice President and all civil officers of the United States, shall be removed from office on impeachment for, and conviction of, treason, bribery, or other high crimes and misdemeanors. AND HOW MANY OF THEM JUST BRIBED EACH OTHER FOR OBAMACARE.

prouddem570 11/02/2009 1:01pm

Dear sir, you are truly a piece of garbage to vote against the extension of uenmployment benefits. I hope one day you or a close member of your family loses their job so that you know what its like to see someone close to you struggle. Keep up the good work you corporate prostitute…And all you folks who vote for this guy your iq’s must be deficient. He could care less about whether or not you have a pot to piss in.

Illuminati_Hater 12/20/2009 1:01pm

The only thing that I respect DeMint for is the initiative he showed to become the first person in the Senate to show support for S.604-the Senate version of Dr. Paul’s “Audit the Fed” act. Other than that, I don’t support DeMint.

ditchmitchthebitch 02/26/2010 5:14pm

The money trail is surely way low, but see whats at the top of the list.
Attorneys & law firms $90,180
Lobbyists & Public Relations $64,890

Another corporate whore plain and simple.

Illuminati_Hater 12/20/2009 12:57pm
in reply to Cwharrell Apr 23, 2009 9:38pm

Are you freaking kidding me? Are there really people in this country that are still this ignorant? Here’s some freedom 101 for you, buddy boy: our enemies do “not” hate us because of our freedoms. They hate us because war mongering nut cases like you like to violate the sovereignty of other nations, and force our way of life down their throats. To make things worse, we rig elections so the individual(s) that our government wants in office wins, and then bomb the people if they don’t show acceptance to it. That, my good sir, is why we have so many enemies. It’s not because we’re free, you moron. It’s because we waste billions in tax payer dollars and lives to tell everyone else what to do.

Tell ya what: go down to your local bookstore, and pick up a copy of “Foreign Policy of Freedom” by Ron Paul. After you’re done getting an edumacation, come back to this site, and try to post something intelligent.

Spam Comment

Spam Comment

PolicyOgre 06/21/2010 4:49pm

Why is this guy’s approval rating so high?? He hasn’t made any laws, and as far as I can tell his main objective is just to vote no when the the democrats propose a bill and yes when then republicans do. Seriously, a monkey could do his job, and that monkey might not try to take away portions of the bill of rights either….

Spam Comment

calvininsf 04/17/2009 6:16pm

I do not know how anyone could find this man pleasant. I question his allegiance to the Constitution (except for the ideas that African-Americans count as 3/5ths of a person and the Second Amendment) in his intolerance to those of any minority whatsoever. He claims he is principled. In reality, his discriminatory, warmongering policies sicken me.

Superpower 01/04/2010 5:38am
in reply to DOUGLASFIELD Oct 16, 2009 2:41pm

STOP USING THE MILITARY TO ADVANCE A SOCIALIST AGENDA, THANK YOU!

jamiesanderson29440 10/01/2011 4:33pm
in reply to forres Jan 04, 2010 4:49am
SCMomof2 03/23/2010 5:17am

It is an interesting thing to know that Mr. DeMint least often votes with Ms. Collins, same as Mr. Graham. However, he most often votes with the same senators as does Mr. Graham. Basically, what I’m trying to point out is this;

NONE of these folks are reading the bills that are being shoved through the house and senate. NONE of these folks are taking the quality time needed to do their job effectively. They’re hoping the staffers will abreast them in what the goings on are in the votes and who’s voting for what. They’ll see their friends voting one way and without thought, VOTE the same.

OMGosh! That’s just exactly what most of the US American’s are doing each time an election comes up!! Wow!

Spam Comment

Anonymous 02/13/2008 11:50am

Those who vote for unconstitutional warrentless wiretaps and vote to protect the criminals that violate our privacy are not worthy of the position they hold. It’s impossible to justify undermining the very essence of our constitution in order to protect it. Another sell out.

lilddad 06/19/2009 6:35am

Quote of another post regarding Senator DeMint:

“I wish we had Senator DeMint in North Carolina. He is a very principled conservative leader who should have been one of our choices for President!”

Response by a South Carolina resident and voter:

PLEASE. I’d love to give him to NC. He does not vote for the average SC resident. His views are extreme and his voting record bears that fact out. I cringe every time there is a quote attributed to “our” illustrious senator. Senator DeMint’s has a narrow set of interests, extreme views, and votes against the economic interests of most South Carolina residents every time he casts a vote in the Senate. The views Senator DeMint expresses is preventing South Carolina from advancing economically. I will applaud the day he sees the light and retires.

Spam Comment

5willy5 08/26/2009 2:13am
in reply to lilddad Jun 19, 2009 6:35am

I’m sorry you feel that way but in my opinion Senator DeMint does a great job voting for the average SC resident. We are clearly a diverse state but DeMint votes with the majority fo SC citizens, does not bow to partisan pressure and truly votes in the best interest of our state, our nation and our constitutional freedoms. I’d suggest you read his book “Saving Freedom” to get a better picture of why he votes the way he does. I’m delighted to have him as my senator and wish there were a lot more senators like him.

captkirk777 11/22/2009 4:33am

Congress should look at improving Medicare, Medicaid and regulation of healthcare companies. Inside of wasting tax payers money that we don’t have to spend.The stmilus money only helped the big companies that were going into bankruptcy. They should have gone into chapter 11 and the economy would have been stronger. You cannot have a recovery without jobs. The banks are in trouble because of the Democrate Congress bank regulators. We need more Congress members like Jim DeMint to help control the wild spending .

pray2010 06/18/2010 11:31am
in reply to elleedr Jun 18, 2010 10:08am

elleedr they won’t listen to us

pray2010 06/18/2010 11:52am

if a company has the choice between hiring some of these people who’ll work for lesser than the average American an hour because there’s 8 of them who live in one household vs. someone who has been there over the years working for the same company and has come up in the ranks with decent pay over the years of being stable in the company,if this company decides to cut this group of people to hire the one’s who can afford to work for lesser than an American would work for than they will do it,to save money for the company,where does that leave the person who’s been cut from a job he’s been at for 10 year?
on unemployment.I may not sound proffesional nor do I care to use big words to get my point across,hell I might even have a couple of missing punications but no matter what i’m human with a family that can’t afford for the congressmen to keep prolonging the situation of this bill.

Spam Comment

pelmof 06/29/2010 6:35am
in reply to purplelilac3084 Jun 29, 2010 5:07am

purplelilac3084: Please stop using my text that I’m sending to all senators as your own. You did not write this, I did. I’m sending it to all of them, and you’re just targeting the Republicans, and doing so by using my text. That’s not right—in fact, it’s copyright infringement.

Cwharrell 04/23/2009 9:38pm
in reply to calvininsf Apr 17, 2009 6:16pm

What a discriminatory thing to say. How do we protect America? I know, Let’s sit down and talk with tyrants who hate our freedom. Let’s shake hands with the very Dictators who would spit on you and your way of life. What you and people like you fail to understand is The Chavez’s of the world want is for America to be destroyed. They hate our equality and freedoms that you enjoy in bashing such a patriot as Mr. DeMint. You sir sicken me with your High mightiness. Let freedom ring from all bells of this great nation. Your comments are bitter and at best put you in a dismal light. I would be happy to extinguish just to save the air that fills your lungs.

MystyRayne 07/14/2010 11:23am
in reply to forres Jan 04, 2010 4:49am

Right you are proud! I hate this man, and agree that he is definatly a piece of garbage, (although i think that’s to kind 4 him), and am one of the suffers of his vote again the UI Extension, I collect my UI from this state, because that’s where I was working when I lost my job in Oct. 03,08 through no fault of my own, & haven’t been able to find anything since, going on over a year and a half now! I hope like you that he, or someone close to him loses their job, or worse, loses their job, home, family etc, then he’ll realy know what it’s like! I love your “keep up the good work you corporate prostitute” love it, the best cut I’ve herd yet! ;) :)

Official website: