Former Jane Harman

Democrat  •  9 Terms  •  Sworn In 1993
Last Term 2011 - 2011 View All

Anonymous 02/06/2008 4:03pm

How could you sponsor such a thing as bill H.R. 1955: Violent Radicalization and Homegrown Terrorism Prevention Act of 2007? Do you think Americans’ should not have their civil liberties?! Whatever happened to innocent until proven guilty?! I will do everything make it known that you sponsored the bill that is going to take away our rights, because of a potential problem! That because of some people are potential threats that you believe the innocent must suffer as well! I love my freedoms to be able to think what I want, and I am going to make sure everyone knows that you said yes to a bill that says I can no longer express them if they go against the government for fear of being a homegrown terrorist! I hope you can live with your decision on helping with the destruction of this once great country!

Anonymous 02/07/2008 11:39pm

You should be ashamed of yourself. This bill cannot benefit the American people. Only increase fear.

Anonymous 02/26/2008 3:57pm

It is people (no treasonous vermin) like you working with corporations like Halliburton and the private unconstitutional and illegal non federal federal reserve that runs Washington for the interests of the international bankers and their CFR cohorts that are setting America up to watch her fall at the expense of liberty and worse. “You” are culpable Miss congress woman for what will be many a ruined American life and much suffering of innocent people.
Yes Halliburton has a contract to build R/R cars for transporting a multitude of Americans to the Hallibuilt camps they have an exclusive contract to build all over the country. You can’t be so stupid to not realize what you’ve done so you obviously are benefiting somehow but you will meet your maker one day, let him be your judge for your eternity. Search Halliburton Detention camps my brothers and sisters at http://www.truthout.org/cgi-bin/artman/exec/view.cgi/47/17936

PatriotSteve 06/26/2009 7:54pm

You are a disgrace to your country and to your “Blue Dog” label. You have sealed your fate by voting for Cap & Trade tonight. 2010 will be your last year in office, if I have anything to do with it, along with all the other Blue Dogs who voted Yes.

Blue Dog Democrats who voted for Cap and Trade:
Adam Schiff (CA-29), Allen Boyd (FL-2), Baron Hill (IN-9), Bart Gordon (TN-6), Ben Chandler (KY-6), Collin Peterson (MN-7), David Scott (GA-13), Dennis Cardoza (CA-18), Dennis Moore (KS-3), Frank Kratovil (MD-1), Gabrielle Giffords (AZ-8), Heath Shuler (NC-11), Henry Cuellar (TX-28), Jane Harman (CA-36), Jim Cooper (TN-5), Joe Baca (CA-43), Leonard Boswell (IA-3), Loretta Sanchez (CA-47), Melissa Bean (IL-8), Mike Michaud (ME-2), Mike Thompson (CA-1), Patrick Murphy (PA-8), Sanford Bishop (GA-2), Zack Space (OH-18)

thepoorpeoples 02/19/2008 8:00pm

THE POOR PEOPLE’S CAMPAIGN INC THIS BILL MUST BE STOP NOW THIS BILL DO NOT BENEFIT THE AMERICAN PEOPLE WE MUST STAND UP PEOPLE TOGETHER WE HAVE POWER TO END THIS BILL 1955 AND S BILL 1959

Anonymous 05/23/2008 11:26am

The day of accounting is coming sooner than any politican now serving in office thinks. Accounting to the american people for their actions. They will beg for forgivness of those actions, but will be found Guilty of treason by a jury of their peers. The oath that was taken when they took office clearly states they swear to uphold and defend the constitution of the United States of America. Producing voting for or enforcing this legislation HR 1955 is with out a doubt TREASON.

n

gkdaw_usa 07/13/2008 10:38am

I am a PEACEFUL WARRIOR, and people are just selling MY IDEAS, and being Disabled I have NO NO Right’s ? why is it that way?, can I steal from you? and get away with it ? I am a better Man than those that steal, from the week and Disabled !
I would just like to know if I am just missing something ? Because I was raised to be helpful, not to steal from other’s and if this starts at the top of this government and it is in every part of the GOV. then ? WHO
can you trust to help, this Country and not take from the little person that is weekend with a disability and the economy so HOW can a Disabled person get out of the DEAD rut the GOV. has put me in. CAN YOU HELP ME!?
Will YOU HELP FIND away to help me to HELP MY COUNTRY? THE USA.!
Yes Pass it to help your Fellow Americans people, not the people that are Killing this Country Like The Princess of OIL you know your Boss the one that has the world in this mess, just look at it just think you helped make it this way are you a proud Republi=cannot’s are you a American or not? answer this then is your Boss telling the Truth! ?

What is the Idea of Independents ? Oil or America ? or for the king of Oil is in S.A. and you Live where ? THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA !

Happy Independents Day America!?
We have a longer way too go!
I think we are further from American Independents than ever Befor in History!, We where from the start !
It started out to be U.S. verses British Rule and now it is the United States of America Verses The rule of OIL but are we fighting to help the rule of Oil or are WE fighting to brake away from Oil it is all the to be looked at but we are on the wrong side at this time in history of true Independents we have the technologies to brake away from the RULER of Oil but our Leader in not for Independents he is for the Rule of OIL and the Rule of Oil is not IN this Country so the Ruler is not in this country and so the people of this country is too suffer the poor to suffer and most of all because the ruler of Oil has sent job’s away so the people would have more to complain about and still not really do a thing to fix this mess , the Rule has taken away all your Rights from are True INDEPENDENTS to try to replace it with the rule of Oil , and not to use the TECHNOLOGIES of yesterday to bring it to the Future, so by doing so we are not so Independent as WE should be. I can not stand it, I could be thronging names or Businesses names but most people know the truth and it is just a mater of time when the people of this country start dying for this U.S.A. country agian ! Here!
Electric could be are NEW INDEPENDENTS! FROM THE RULER OF OIL!

Just need some one in this field too look at this for real ! An Electric, Mechanical, Engineering
I would like to know if I could talk to some one about My Motor, A Real Concept I have and it is like but not from, NISSAN | Super Motor, and like the fuellesss Car Patent. I had to do a lot to find those to prove to my self it could work, NISSAN= Super Motor, like the fuelless Car Patent. and Still thay do not, do it the way that I would, My Idea is better than there’s, and Nissan’s still needs to Plug in to charge there Batteries or us a gas motor to run it., I am talking about running Big rigs as well as car’s, truck’s, SUV’s, Tractor’s, from the Biggest to the smallest just Mine is a replacement of all types of Gas Diesel motors just take out what is in your Vehicle and re-place with My Idea. , but I’m just not getting the help I will need to make it happen here in the USA! Can you help me ?! Please! 4 your Country! USA
call me at 1-269-236-5019 Ask for Glen White to have a meeting or gwhiteusa777@triton.net Just becouse I am Disabled dose not mean I am not Bright. Just give me a chance Please!?! We will not be taking a lot of time to make the First one becouse most parts are on shelf just two or there, miner parts will need to be maid ! Could you help Me? To Do this for are Country It is more than just another Idea! This is for real.
or should we just put rails on every road? Or just put a conveyors on are high ways and side roads. (Not) I really think I got it right with the first one! come and see for your self! just call I just need some TECH Help.!
I would like to Partner with my country but will it Partner with me!? OR ? What!

What I would like to see is an address to the American People from are President that is talking To the American People not Iraq, not Afghanistan, not any thing But The People of The United States of America.
Just look back at the address’s in the Past and the History of real Presidents of this Country. He has not even been close to the People and your Party has been the same! just look at Hitler’s Party just one to follow and A real American is no guts no glory! so what is your Party ?
American OR not ?

Anonymous 02/21/2008 4:35pm

Agreed this bill must end for the constitutional rights of the people…this takes every right from the people and changes America forever if kept in effect. It is in many forms bondage which is not a security measure but allowing law enforcement another rule over us the people. What has happend to this country in the name of peace??? There is something terribly wrong with this. Talk about control and fascism and communism…this is about as close as you can get. Why does America have to solve the worlds problems? Who appointed her and our gov. to do so? We should befriend all nations, deal with what comes our way simply not make it a world huge drawn out event every time. You will never have peace until all believe in the one true faith of God..and thats not likely to happen. Are we really this dumb? Its all a power trip for the people in office..power doesnt solve anything, it takes and takes and takes. We can just say good-bye to America and freedom with this law. You argue you wnat the President to tell you his actions 1st hand..haha…he and you all should be telling the people 1st and we should be voting on it last I knew…where was our say in this? We dont want this law so why is it here?..This is huge, this is a disgrace to our country. We have no democracy in office..I have no idea what these people are doing let alond thinking…you just wrote off your own future too lady. Don’t think you’ll be emempt from its effects, you just hung yourself too.
This Act is pure evil,slavery aimed more at the citizens than any terrorists that we have never even seen here in America.

klassylady25 03/23/2010 9:23am

John Boener said in his address to the Floor on Sunday night said, “Shame on each and every one of you who substitutes your will and your desires above those of your fellow countrymen. Around this chamber, looking upon us are the lawgivers. We break the ties of history in this chamber. We break our trust with Americans.”

Many will be watching and looking for men/woman who exemplifies: Honesty, Reverence, Hope, Thrift, Humility, Charity, Sincerity, Moderation, Hard Work, Courage, Personal Responsibility, and Gratitude.

“I consider the people who constitute a society or a nation as the source of all authority in that nation.” Thomas Jefferson

jaredboice 10/11/2010 8:59am

“It is error alone which needs the support of government. Truth can stand by itself.”
-Thomas Jefferson

Just thought I’d remind you ONE reason why your sponsorship of “1955: Violent Radicalization and Homegrown Terrorism Prevention Act” indicates that you’re political inept at best and, at worst, a a treasonous politician pushing for the rise of Big Brother. Hope you were paid well as I doubt the history books will portray you favorably. And I hope your grandkids learn about it in school

DOUGLASFIELD 02/04/2010 8:32pm

CONGRESSMAN,

• MANY MORE IN OUR U.S. CONGRESS ARE NOW FINDNG OUT THE TRUTH OTHER THEN SENATOR WEBB … IN CONGRESS
DOUGLASFIELD 04/29/2010 6:57pm

DEAR JANE,

U.S. SUPREME COURT TO THE RESCUE OF MIDDLE~CLASS AND WORKING POOR AMERICANS OR IS THIS JUST ANOTHER BAD DREAM THAT REAL JUSTICE WILL ONLY CONTINUE TO NOT BE AFFORDED US LITTLE PEOPLE HERE IN THE WEALTHIEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD ?

MIDDLE~CLASS AND WORKING POOR RELIGIOUS AMERICANS REST OUR CASE AGAINST GOVERNOR RICK PERRY OF TEXAS & SATAN ~ YOUR U.S. SUPREME COURT HONOR’S !

• CAN ANYONE EXPLAIN OTHER THEN SATAN HOW TEXAS GOVERNOR RICK PERRY ON ONE HAND PARDONS FORMER TEXAS INMATE TIMOTHY COLE WHO WAS WRONGFULLY EXECUTED WITHOUT BEING ALLOWED TO EXONERATE HIMSELF USING DNA TESTING IN TEXAS,AND WITHIN THE SAME MONTH THIS SAME GOVERNOR RICK PERRY OF TEXAS DENIES YET ANOTHER DNA TEST PRIOR ANOTHER POSSIBLE WRONGFUL EXECUTION OF HANK SKINNER ?
susannahvila 03/27/2008 1:50pm

I will not vote for any congressman or woman who backs this bill—that includes Jane Harman in 2010.

Moderated Comment