Rep. Marcy Kaptur

Democrat  •  9th District, Ohio  •  16th Term  •  Sworn In 1983
Current Term 2013 - 2015 View All

Toledoan 11/05/2010 3:47pm

Congressman Kaptur,

after you recently retained your seat, you said that Iott’s campaign spending was the reason you didn’t take a larger percentage of the vote. You ran a campaign of lies and deception, doing little to exhibit anything close to honorable. Apparently, it never occurred to you that there are many of us whom you are supposedly representing that think you suck!

You refused to stand before those of us who are your constituency last summer via the town hall meetings that many reps held throughout the country, which was utterly disgraceful. I believe you went to Poland instead (if I recall the Toledo Blade article correctly)… who the hell were you representing there? Pathetic!

I have contacted you on occasion to see where you stand on various issues, but I no longer need to bother. You submit to the will of your democratic party masters regardless of how it impacts your constituency.

DOUGLASFIELD 04/29/2010 12:08pm

DEAR CONGRESSMAN MARCY KAPTUR,

U.S. SUPREME COURT TO THE RESCUE OF MIDDLE~CLASS AND WORKING POOR AMERICANS OR IS THIS JUST ANOTHER BAD DREAM THAT REAL JUSTICE WILL ONLY CONTINUE TO NOT BE AFFORDED US LITTLE PEOPLE HERE IN THE WEALTHIEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD ?

MIDDLE~CLASS AND WORKING POOR RELIGIOUS AMERICANS REST OUR CASE AGAINST GOVERNOR RICK PERRY OF TEXAS & SATAN ~ YOUR U.S. SUPREME COURT HONOR’S !

• CAN ANYONE EXPLAIN OTHER THEN SATAN HOW TEXAS GOVERNOR RICK PERRY ON ONE HAND PARDONS FORMER TEXAS INMATE TIMOTHY COLE WHO WAS WRONGFULLY EXECUTED WITHOUT BEING ALLOWED TO EXONERATE HIMSELF USING DNA TESTING IN TEXAS,AND WITHIN THE SAME MONTH THIS SAME GOVERNOR RICK PERRY OF TEXAS DENIES YET ANOTHER DNA TEST PRIOR ANOTHER POSSIBLE WRONGFUL EXECUTION OF HANK SKINNER ?
Patrick_L 04/28/2010 11:56am

Marcy,

Reading what all has come before me on these comments, I am lead to believe that no one in your state or district agrees with your choice on health care.

I just wanted to let you know, if you do indeed read this, that I am proud to know that you will stand up and vote for this bill and speak so openly about the entire process, knowing what the downsides might have been for your political career.

The people in this country who watch Fox News might demonize you, but the people in my life whom I consider to be “Real Americans” love you and agree with your choice on health care.

Keep Fighting the Good Fight.

kaputter 03/28/2010 12:44pm
in reply to Anonymous Oct 02, 2008 6:43am

Congratulations on your friendship and association with the vulgar Bill Maher. Enjoy your retirement!!

kaputter 03/28/2010 12:39pm

WE CANT AFFORD YOU ANYMORE…You did not listen to your constituents when you voted yes on Health Care. You were more interested in playing politics and voting the way Democrat politicians (Unions) told you how to vote. Were you ever really Pro life? I don’t feel like you can be trusted anymore to vote for your CONSTITUENTS. I feel you are voting for special intersts and how big name Democrats tell you how to vote. 28 years…its time to go anyway…isnt that what you said to your opponent in 1982. With your millions, you can buy a cute mansion in Poland or Switzerland. You deserve a long rest. We can’t afford you anymore.

klassylady25 03/23/2010 12:15pm

John Boener said in his address to the Floor on Sunday night said, “Shame on each and every one of you who substitutes your will and your desires above those of your fellow countrymen. Around this chamber, looking upon us are the lawgivers. We break the ties of history in this chamber. We break our trust with Americans.”

Many will be watching and looking for men/woman who exemplifies: Honesty, Reverence, Hope, Thrift, Humility, Charity, Sincerity, Moderation, Hard Work, Courage, Personal Responsibility, and Gratitude.

“I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant, and fill him with a terrible resolve” Isoroku Yamamoto

DOUGLASFIELD 02/05/2010 5:47pm

CONGRESSMAN,

• MANY MORE IN OUR U.S. CONGRESS ARE NOW FINDNG OUT THE TRUTH OTHER THEN SENATOR WEBB …
mikeb37415 12/21/2009 3:00am
in reply to Rosenlundkv Jul 03, 2009 8:39am

Denial (by republicants) aint just a river in Egypt

mikeb37415 12/21/2009 2:56am
in reply to Anonymous Jan 16, 2008 8:41pm

Denial (by conservatives) aint just a river in Egypt

mikeb37415 12/21/2009 2:55am
in reply to Anonymous Oct 02, 2008 6:43am

Denial aint just a river in Egypt.

cjsamz 10/25/2009 6:28am
in reply to Anonymous Oct 02, 2008 6:43am

I along with several other citizens in the state of Alabama® would like to thank you for your common sense, passionate defense for the American people. A.K.A. doing your job – well. Unfortunately, your colleagues did not share the same interest in doing their job. I also would like to say I support your “Show the Note” pledge to stand up for homeowners.

Rosenlundkv 07/03/2009 8:39am

Democratic Rep. Marcy Kaptur

Democratic Rep. Marcy Kaptur your pressure to bring the Cap and Traitor bill was sure a great boom for you special interest groups. We in the rest of the country did not support but look forward to supporting you next opponent when you run. You have earned the center stage on the wall of shame. When you work for some one you need to make the hard decision of what is best for the company (USA) not just the man. We need to send you a voucher for hearing aid for not listening to the USA (people your represent) I call it as I see it.

I look forward to supporting your next opponent on Election Day.

Anonymous 10/02/2008 6:43am

Congratulations to you on your recent TV appearences commenting on this financial bailout. You make the best sense of anyone I’ve heard to date. I only wish your associates would listen to you. I am afraid just like everyone else. I want this warm fuzzy feeling I know I will get if and when this bill is passed. On the other hand I fear MORE the longER fallout set by this precedent. I wish we had more level thinking representatives in Congress like you. I am so frustrated with all of this knowing that the majority of everyone’s constituents say vote “no” when I am realizing we’ll be ignored and Congress will vote “yes.” I feel helpless to stop it. I guess we’ll just have to make our voices heard in the next election.

Anonymous 01/16/2008 8:41pm

The foreign investment in America’s banks is necessary or they will be or become technically insolvent. The real problem here is that the regulatory agencies allowed this to occur. So did the bank’s Board of Directors, who, under our law, are responsible for overseeing management’s handling of the shareholder’s interests. Under our system, if the shareholders are asleep at the wheel – it is too bad for them. This would be true unless the government via the Fed now rescues the banks from their own foolishness/stupidity.

Becuase fiduciary standards of care in the handling of other people’s money are so lax in this country, we will now suffer the consequences of having a system that allows the players within the system to have no values other than short term greed.

We will always get results that are consistent with the incentives that are present.

By the way, the management of corporate retirement plans is about the same. All of the incentives are perverse relative to the results one would otherwise want to produce – effecient and effective management of pension funds (or 401(k) plans).

For example, there is no requirement to be trained or licensed when one serves as a fiduciary on a corporate retirement plan. My dog needs more licensing that someone who manages $1 billion of employee money.

How efficient and effective can such a system be?

Why haven’t regulators demanded that fiduciary principles be applied in financial services?

Why have the regulators been silent?

The answer is as simple as the financial services industry owns Congress. For all intents and purposes it might as well be that way and so the statement is effectively true in function if not in form.

There you go Representative. What will you do about it?

Official website: