Rep. James McGovern

Democrat  •  2nd District, Massachusetts  •  9th Term  •  Sworn In 1997
Current Term 2013 - 2015 View All

• seti03 01/27/2008 11:36am

One of the smartest Congressmaen inthe house.

• Anonymous 02/06/2008 3:57pm

How could you vote to pass bill H.R. 1955: Violent Radicalization and Homegrown Terrorism Prevention Act of 2007? Do you think Americans’ should not have their civil liberties?! Whatever happened to innocent until proven guilty?! I will do everything make it known that we have a state rep that is willing to take away our rights, because of a potential problem! That because of some people are potential threats that you believe the innocent must suffer as well! I love my freedoms to think what I want, and I am going to make sure everyone knows that you said yes to a bill that says I can no longer express them if they go against the government for fear of being a homegrown terrorist! I hope you can live with your decision on helping with the destruction of this once great country!

• citizenkahn 11/23/2008 6:42am

I am concerned about the damage that the Bush Administration will do before it leaves office and by Congress’s limited ability to constrain it. I recently heard on the Bill moyer’s journal about regulator changes that the Bush administration is making that will be difficult to undo. Besides impeachment (which the Congress won’t go for) what can we do?

• ronbok 03/31/2009 2:46pm

Rep. James McGovern is a domestic enemy of the United States Constitution. Full stop. HR 1022 is a violation of the Bill of Rights and the Second Amendment. You have violated your oath of office and should be removed.

Anonymous 04/07/2009 2:49pm

Repeating a lie will not it make it a truth.

• NoGoodOnesLeft 08/08/2009 8:22am

I hope someone runs against this guy next election so he stops coasting.

• LarryFine 08/11/2009 12:26pm

He does not and will never have my support. He refuses to answer calls, reply to emails or stand in front of his constituents. He is a political lacky that rode the coat tails of his mentor in to office and it is time for him to go.

• NoGoodOnesLeft 08/19/2009 11:44am

How do I vote on his rating? He has a 61% approval but that would change if I could vote on it.

LarryFine 08/20/2009 2:12pm

I would like to know as well. He deserves a -10 in my opinion.

LarryFine 08/20/2009 2:34pm

Nogoodonesleft:

Vote on Bills, Give Approval Ratings to Members

A fundamental goal of OpenCongress is to make it possible for people to interact with Congress in ways that influence the laws being made and the people who are making them. Now, OpenCongress users can vote “aye” or “nay” for every bill in Congress using the thumbs up, thumbs down icon at the top of each bill page, and view the sitewide results for each. In addition, users can give a personal “approval rating” to Senators and Representatives on a scale of 1-100 using the slider bar on each Member’s page. Coming soon, these user votes and ratings will be aggregated individually, by Congressional district, and in a unique sitewide forum. By themselves, an individual user’s votes offer a powerful soapbox for his or her opinions; together, users’ votes tell members of Congress exactly how the OpenCongress community stands on an issue. Stay tuned for more on this front.

NoGoodOnesLeft 08/26/2009 5:38pm

Thanks but I can’t find the slider bar. Is it “coming soon?”

NoGoodOnesLeft 10/15/2009 1:56pm

Yay! The rating thing works now. I gave him a 0 which is as low as it would let me go.

• NoGoodOnesLeft 12/06/2009 11:05am

LOL. Since the rating thing was fixed I noticed his approval rating dropped from 61% down to 11%!

martylamb 12/28/2009 10:48am

I think its about time someone showed Jim that his time is up. The days of tax & spend are over. It appears that those lifetime career politicians like Jim have only one interest, “special interests”

I would suggest that you watch for someone who will show him what it is like to need to look for a job.

Your government’s primary goal is to preserve, protect and defend your God-given gift of freedom, not to micromanage your life. I’m Marty Lamb. I have a family. I run a business. I think it’s time we “Clean the House” of incumbents who are out of step with working people and replace them with people like me who will work for you.

NoGoodOnesLeft 12/29/2009 10:18am

So you are running against old Jim? I was getting ready to do it if no one else would since all I would need is 1,000 signatures to get on the ballot. Do you have a website? Are you the guy from Martian Software? Will you actually respond to e-mails other than an auto-reply that says you personally read all your e-mails and then you never send another one?

martylamb 12/29/2009 3:00pm

I am an attorney in Holliston. My web site should be up in a week or two at www,MartyForCongress.com
    Until that time my e-mail at my day job is marty@metrowestlaw.com
    I will answer personally

NoGoodOnesLeft 01/05/2010 9:02am

At the moment I have nothing to send you an e-mail about. I have sent a few to old Jim in the past but got nothing but that auto-response. I will be looking for your website.

LarryFine 02/06/2010 4:20am

Marty, I located your web site when I was searching for candidates opposing McGovern. I also thought about running against him if nobody was up to the task. I truly believe 2010 is the year for underdogs to win.

LarryFine 02/06/2010 4:16am

I know. I did not believe the 61% number displayed either. There is no way this guy has that level of approval.

• Spam Comment

• DOUGLASFIELD 04/28/2010 2:24pm

DEAR CONGRESSMAN McGOVERN,

• CAN ANYONE EXPLAIN OTHER THEN SATAN HOW TEXAS GOVERNOR RICK PERRY ON ONE HAND PARDONS FORMER TEXAS INMATE TIMOTHY COLE WHO WAS WRONGFULLY EXECUTED WITHOUT BEING ALLOWED TO EXONERATE HIMSELF USING DNA TESTING IN TEXAS,AND WITHIN THE SAME MONTH THIS SAME GOVERNOR RICK PERRY OF TEXAS DENIES YET ANOTHER DNA TEST PRIOR ANOTHER POSSIBLE WRONGFUL EXECUTION OF HANK SKINNER ???
  • NoGoodOnesLeft 05/08/2010 3:19am

Patrick Barron is another person running against Jim.
    I think with Pat and Marty running against him this time, Jim is soon going to find out what it is like to be unemployed.

• BillBrasky 07/28/2010 9:40am

If Jim Mcgovern were a car, he’d be a brown 76’ Pacer…

Official website: