Sen. Robert Menéndez

Democrat  •  New Jersey  •  3rd Term  •  Sworn In 2006
Current Term 2013 - 2019 View All

• kurthansen 02/23/2008 10:01am

Senator, What is this North American Union that Lou Dobbs has been talking about? I also read that Canada, on the 14 of February, 2008, sigh a deal with the USA to share troop. Would it require Congress to approve the deal?

• Anonymous 03/08/2008 10:29am

Please help push the unemployment extension, there are alot Americans really hurting and losing everything, there are no jobs…. please help….thank you

• btoner 03/15/2008 10:34am

Dear Senator Menendez, I am writing to ask for your support, vote and assistnace in passing Bill S2544 Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2008.
    The Bill was introduced on January 22, 2008 by Senator Kennedy. I would like to hear your feedback on the chances of the Bill going forward. President Bush announced on a interview that the unemployment extension would not be part of the current economic stimulus package passed a couple of weeks ago. I do not understand the logic here. If the economy needs a stimulus package to kick start confidance would not the unemployed workers in this economy need assistance when their UE benifits expired?
    Best Regards, Bill Toner Blackwood, NJ

madskis11 07/02/2009 4:38am

You know, you can go on to Senator Mendez’s actual website and send an email directly to him.

• Anonymous 03/31/2008 7:40pm

Dear Senator Menendez, It is imperitive that this bill get pushed through immediately. People are losing there homes that they have worked all their lives for. The economy is draining everyone of any security. Food prices, gas prices are through the roof. I know people who are walking away from their homes and moving to NC. It is insane. Get this bill passed NOW. I have organized food drives for the Monmouth/ Ocean County Food Bank and they have seen a 70% increase in people using the Food Bank. This is more serious than many people understand. Please get this bill passed. It will buy people some time. We need you to act on this NOW.

V. Rotonda

• Anonymous 03/31/2008 7:43pm

Dear Senator Menendez, It is imperitive that this bill get pushed through immediately. People are losing their homes that they have worked all their lives for. The economy is draining everyone of any security. Food prices, gas prices are through the roof. I know people who are walking away from their homes and moving to NC. It is insane. Get this bill passed NOW. I have organized food drives for the Monmouth/ Ocean County Food Bank and they have seen a 70% increase in people using the Food Bank. This is more serious than many people understand. Please get this bill passed. It will buy people some time. We need you to act on this NOW.

V. Rotonda

• Anonymous 04/09/2008 5:49am

IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH! A TRAITOR! A LIAR! A THEIF! PUT HIM IN THE STREET! EVERYONE SPEAK OUT! DON’T JUST WAIT FOR SOMETHING TO HAPPEN. GET UP AND MAKE IT HAPPEN!

• Democrator 04/09/2008 6:42am

You must push to help us here in NJ on s2544 it needs to become law. I will lose my house soon if not helped. My wife is the only reason I have not lost it already. This month we fall 30days behind on everything we need help.

Anonymous 09/21/2008 7:33am

IF YOU GO TO THAT HOPELING, DON’T EVEN BOTHER…IT IS A JOKE….I feel bad that you have to lose your home…this government only bails out big business..You just pay and pay there is no more middle class….Its time to clean this congress up…wake up America….Its a depression

• Anonymous 04/09/2008 8:41am

s2544 and any other bill that will extend unemployment benefits.
    First of all I would like to thank you for the job you are doing for our state in Washington DC.

I am a mother of three (5 yr 20 monthe and 3 monthes) I was laid off from my job during the 7th month of my pregnancy and having been collecting and paying COBRA since. I can not find a job making nearly what I was making and the cost for daycare does not allow me to just take anything. My unemployment is running out. My husband has a job but as you know here in NJ one salary does not cut it. We have been responible with most bills ALWAYS PAYING OUR MORTGAGE ON TIME. It seems that if we hadn’t the goverment would be helping us out. The goverment has helped out people who over stepped there buying power the Governement has help out large wall street companies (Bear Sterns) but yet they will not help out middle America who is tying so hard to keep there bills paid. Please help the unemployed we are trying to get jobs but they are just not there. Thank you

• Anonymous 05/16/2008 12:47pm

Dear Senator, Please help the unemployed in NJ by aiding in the passage of H.R. 5749 Emergency Extended Unemployment Compensation Act of 2008 which passed the House on 5/15/2008 and will go to the Senate this week. The unemployed in Nj are counting on you! Unemployed in Clark, NJ

• Anonymous 07/08/2008 11:20am

Senator Menendez should stop spending New Jersey tax-payer’s money to lobby against Macedonia creating to the Greek lobby. Most recently, Senator Menendez blocked the confirmation of the U.S. Ambassador to Macedonia and threatened to block U.S. aid to a small country the size of Vermont of $2.1 million people. Why? Senator Menendez should not ignore the over 30,000 Macedonian-Americans living in New Jersey. He should understand the position Macedonians are in with Greece given his Cuban background, especially the importance of injustice and difficulty of minorities, such as Macedonians. Senator Menendez has a professional obligation to meet with his constituents and to respond to his constituents of Macedonian descent. Up until now he still has not.

• Anonymous 08/01/2008 9:28am

I want to know why you are out to turn america into another Socialest Country? You want all the foreners to come in and take all the jobs away from real Americans. You are against drilling for our own oil. I wish the real Americans would stand up and boycott every thing here and tell the politations to do what American Citizens want or pack up and get out of town….

• karadeniz 09/18/2008 6:17pm

I want you to learn how to spell.

• Anonymous 09/21/2008 7:24am

i think he went from the top down when he should have went from the bottom up. instead of bailing out the mortgage lenders he should have helped the HOMEOWNERS pay their mortgages then the lenders would have their money AND people would have their houses too.the way he did it people will still lose their homes but the TAXPAYERS AND THE BORROWER pay for the home and get nothing.he could have done it so all 3 partys(taxpayers,homeowners,lenders) won but he did not.if he can give the lenders 800 billion and spend all the billions he does on foriegn matters then why couldn’t he start a temporary “walfare like” program to save american homeowners? the homeowners would get the money to save their houses,the banks would get their payments and he could add the “loaned walfare” house payment money on to their property in the form of a lien so the taxpayer loses nothing. the people keep their house ,the banks get their money AND since the homeowner eventually pays the money back the taxpayers are not out 800 billion. NO ONE LOSSES.the way he is doing it ALL the taxpayers (including the former homeowner) are paying for the house through his 800 billion payment but no one gets the house,(unless you count the slick dude who bought the $150.000 house for $10.000 at the sheriffs auction).either way it’s costing taxpayers AND homeowners when it doesn’t have to cost ANYBODY.say your mortgage was $1000 a month,you need help for a year thats $12000 .now instead of upping your payment(which i hear is why a lot of people are folding,ARM’S)or helping the bank make more interest off your existing loan you just lien the property.if you did it by adding it through your existing mortgage of 15 years your payment and interest would probably be substantial, at least your payment would rise and thats what you would want to avoid .so i think it should have been a “HOMEOWNERS BAILOUT” not a “LENDERS BAILOUT”.plus with their homes safe they could quit worring about the mortgage and pay other bills and buy things thus stimulating the economy .thats $12,000 thats put back into the economy that didn’t cost taxpayers ANYTHING,far better then the $300 “tax rebate” that cost the goverment money and did not stimulate anything. if you were lucky it helped you catch up on your $500 a month winter heating bill from last year.plus the home owner still has to pay back the money even though he lost his house!! i wonder what the motgage company will do with that money. remember, if i owe $100,000 on my mortgage and they sell my house for $10,000 i still have to pay back the bank the $90,000 difference.WTF? so once again the average working man gets shafted but big business does not.while i do not mean it badly (we are capitalist’s)the only one thats making out is the guy who bought your house for $10,000 while you have to pay the whole $100,000.almost sounds like alimoney, you have to pay for the horse someone else gets to ride.so since its taxpayer money why are they not bailing out the taxpayer instead of the lenders?$12,000 average per homeowner is not a lot when you consider 1)the owner does not lose the house.2)the bank gets their payment and does not go under.(also giving them more to loan stimulateing the economy even further)3)the loan is secured through property.4)the economy gets stimulated big time by the extra consumer money.5)taxpayers lose nothing.every bodys happy all the way around

• BPennett 02/05/2009 8:25am

As you know job growth in New Jersey is non existent…..H1 is rediculous with respect to EUC and you need to introduce an amendment that extends to a tier 3 EUC for all states as we rebound from this economic crisis…..EXTEND BENEFITS THROUGH 2009 as unemployement rates skyrocket…..WE ARE IN PAIN….

• Fish 03/04/2009 4:02pm

If you want to throw a monkey wrench into Obama’s recovery plan to get this country back on it’s feet, why don’t you join the Republican Taliban and quit the charade as a Democrat.

• msbunny78 03/22/2009 6:54am

To: Senator Menendez From: NJ resident
    Fax: Date: March 22, 2009

Phone: Pages: One…of…One
    Re: REPEAL – H.R.1388 – REPEAL Phone:
    • Please reply, Thank You.
    •Comments: To: President, Vice President, Senate, and House of Representatives.
    The passing of this H.R.1388 Bill as we see and understand it, returns the World, and America to a bygone era, not that of Franklin D. Roosevelt’s President ice, but to 1933 Germany and what the Germany people where subjected to by their government, need there be more said.

I am firmly against this Bill, and feel totally betrayed with it’s being passed. On behalf of my family and I, and our well being as a free people, we want, insist that H.R.1388 be REPEALED.

Frighteningly Yours,

ms.bunny

PS: as a member of the Jewish faith, this represents the SS and Hitler youth to me, and I am EXREMLY OFFENDED and INSULTED by this bill!!!

• Orestes 03/24/2009 9:02am

Sen. Menendez,
    I respectfully ask that you to push another extension of unemployment to carry us through 2009. I have been unemployed since Feb. 2008 and am currently going to college for my degree in Nursing. Please help us get through this recovery with some breathing room to stay afloat.

Your Friend in Hudson County.
    Orestes Urdaneta

• ranarore 07/02/2009 11:59am

i would like to thank you dear sen.you sponsor “Reuniting Families Act” bill S.1085, and i urge you please to push it forward as much as you can, you are doing something great for thousands of families that are separated from each other, please help us to re unit with our families through this bill, which will help us really and speed up the process for family members of legal immigrants to secure visas. Specifically, it would reclassify spouses and children of legal immigrants as immediate relatives, raise the per-country family-sponsored and employment-based immigration limits from 7 percent to 10 percent of total admissions, recapture visas that went unused in previous years due to bureaucratic errors, allow widows and spouses to remain eligible for visas after the death of a sponsoring family member, and more. will solve our problems and pains.. i beg you to help us .. please..
    God Bless you.

• Spam Comment

• DOUGLASFIELD 04/26/2010 1:05pm

DEAR SENATOR,

• CAN ANYONE EXPLAIN OTHER THEN SATAN HOW TEXAS GOVERNOR RICK PERRY ON ONE HAND PARDONS FORMER TEXAS INMATE TIMOTHY COLE WHO WAS WRONGFULLY EXECUTED WITHOUT BEING ALLOWED TO EXONERATE HIMSELF USING DNA TESTING IN TEXAS , AND WITHIN THE SAME MONTH THIS SAME GOVERNOR RICK PERRY OF TEXAS DENIES YET ANOTHER DNA TEST PRIOR ANOTHER POSSIBLE WRONGFUL EXECUTION OF HANK SKINNER ???
  • QueenV 05/08/2010 2:28pm

Dear Senator, as a Cuban-American, I urge you and Congress to pass the Dream Act or Immigration reform. I am a citizen and it hurts me to see friends of mine not have the equal opportunities that I have. What also gets me ticked off is your party, the Democrats passed Health Care reform with no Republican vote or support, and yet, Obama says Immigration reform has to be bipartisan. That is a double standard. I don’t understand why it would be so hard. After all, don’t the Democrats have to majority in the House and Senate? So what’s the problem? Well in case you don’t know, your party is facing a tough fight when the primaries take place in November. Good luck with that, I sincerely mean it. When majority of the seats are taken by Republicans, I want you to look back and ask yourself, " How did we let this happen?" or “What did we do wrong?”

• Padraig 05/23/2010 8:28am

It’s a personal matter not official business.

E-mail to Senator Menéndez 05/23/2010:
    I am writing to express my concern over the recent use of your senatorial authority to advocate the boycott of a lawful republican state. As a citizen, if you don’t like the laws Arizona passes you have every right to advocate and express whatever you wish. In your role as a representative of the state of New Jersey you do not. As senator if you feel that the Arizona law is unconstitutional or otherwise unlawful, you and the federal government have legal recourse. Please be mindful that you represent the citizens of New Jersey and that such actions are unbecoming your roll as our United States senator.

• pelmof 06/29/2010 5:52am

Dear Senator Menendez,

sharibear 07/07/2010 4:05pm
  • Mookybaby 07/21/2010 6:54pm

Dear Senator Menedez you need to go in there and have them amend this bill to include the 99ers to also receive benefits.I have been out of work for the last 2 years, and I have not been sitting around like everybody thinks. I have been trying to look for work. And rather pay me with experience, employers rather pay someone with no experience and pay them less. In the meantime I will have to suffer and keep scrambling to pay my rent which I am now 4 months behind since my benefits were exhausted. Wsshington seems to be blind to our struggles and deaf to our cries for help. Come November comes I will sing out in loud voice “WHAT HAVE YOU DONE FOR ME LATELY”. And by that time there will be double the amount of people out there who will also be scrambling around to pay their rent and put food on their tables,don’t believe the hype about about applying for Tanf because what you will get won’ even be a quarer of what you need for your rent. Tent city here I come make room for me and my son!

• GovtISCorrupt 10/09/2010 7:12am

Wow, after reading the comments here, I realize that there truly are a bunch of imbeciles not only in NJ, but across the country.

You vote for this piece of trash and expect and WANT the government to control everything in your lives, including HAND OUTS…….Just disgusting and disgraceful to see so many people who don’t have a clue. Just where do you think all the money is coming from exactly?? We are trillions of dollars in debt and yet most of your idiots think the government is your savior with and open pocketbook.

• Superpower 12/04/2010 2:56am

Sir, YOU and your Party are the real terrorists, holding this country hostage and destroying this country with your and failed economic policies. You’re a disgrace.

Bordentown_Democrat 11/06/2013 10:16am

If we didn’t need Washington to do things for “we the people”, we wouldn’t bother to vote. If “We” could do it all ourselves, we wouldn’t need a Federal government. We CAN’T do it all ourselves, so the Federal Government is absolutely required. Even dunces like you have needs only the Federal Government can fulfill, so stop whining!!!

Official website: