Former Rep. Ronald Paul

Republican  •  Texas 12 Terms  •  Sworn In 1975
Last Term 2011 - 2013 View All

• amymarie123 01/17/2008 6:31am
    + 36

Ron Paul’s consistency is rare and admirable. I wish all members on Congress would adhere to the constitution the way Ron Paul does.

totellthetruth 06/12/2009 3:24pm

I’m with you on that one. He’s a breath of fresh air!!!!

• Spam Comment

• Curtis 01/17/2008 8:43am
    + 17

I wish Ron Paul were MY Congressman. Mike McIntyre has probably never even read the Constitution.

dnallen88 02/27/2008 6:16am

You think Mike McIntyre is bad? I’m not sure Dennis Kucinich can read at all. Ron Paul for President!

• Anonymous 01/22/2008 10:39am
    + 12

Congress is a bunch of wimps, except for Dr. Paul.

• Anonymous 01/24/2008 11:05am

www.ronpaul2008.com

• dennis123 02/03/2008 5:26am

I was on the road during the week and was unable to watch the debates live, but I finally got to see them both last night during CNN’s rebroadcast.

I wish the Republicans could get their act together…

Thankfully, despite his obvious fatigue and frustration, Dr. Ron Paul sounded the lone voice of reason in the noisy circus known as the Republican Party. Its almost humorous, in a tragic sense, that when he does finally get the opportunity to speak for more than 3 seconds, that McCain and Romney will not – cannot – reply to his verbal spankings. Smiling like idiots without answers in response to his common sense reasoning, they return to their base level and resume their personal slamfest (particularly McCain) when given the first chance. It is this obvious display of immaturity that cause Obama and Clinton to become an almost appealing alternative for even a libertarian-leaning Republican such as myself. At least they are focused on and speaking of their vision of the future, however misguided it may be.

Mainstream Republicans and the media better wake up and recognise Dr Ron Paul for not only who he himself is, but for whom he is so succesfully representing. Yes, the good doctor may be tired, look a bit haggard (and maybe even Un-presidential), and sound frustrated…but so are those who stand behind him.

• InGodWeTrust 02/22/2008 2:56pm

Ron Paul is for the people. The one man who has integrity!

• RonBot 03/13/2008 6:39pm

ATTENTION ALL RON PAUL SUPPORTERS

A New website to expand the abilities of MeetUp members is up. Still under construction, but you can join now. To find out more and sign up, go to:
    www.freedomfortress.net

Continue the Revolution. Never give up!

Rock On RON PAUL!!!!!!

• Spam Comment

• MITCH 04/03/2008 8:32pm

BEST PERSON IN GOVERNMENT HISTORY

• Filtered Comment [ show ]

SteveMT 08/02/2008 9:43am

To anonymous:
    Chill out bro! Ron Paul wants hard currency (as most of us do) and this is a first step toward that goal, think of it that way. Paper money has no value these days, correct?.
    There is nothing in this bill about gays and atheists, that is your spin! Using your logic, I could say that your federal taxes are being used to support an empire with 700 bases in 130 countries and that support the Patriot Act, the spying on private individuals in this country.
    Think about that.

Filtered Comment [ show ]

Zeppelin462 07/02/2009 6:05pm

You are an ignorant moron. Plain and simple.

olefin 07/18/2009 7:11am

We need more Representatives like Ron Paul!

mas4977 03/19/2009 7:32am

Agreed. Hands down. Ron Paul is an extension of the principles that guided our founding fathers.

• shsusig 06/21/2008 9:11am

I can’t believe Dr. Paul voted against the Post-9/11 GI Bill! I know he doesn’t support spending money on the war but this act would greatly improve our benefits. Shame shame.

SteveMT 08/02/2008 10:14am

To shsusig:
    Read the comments on this bill, some by our military personal, and you will realize why Ron Paul voted against it.

exstntlstfrtn 07/22/2009 10:21am

Shame shame for a politician choosing to not support a government bill that takes from most and provides for a few. I agree the military is necessary, but only to defend our country from the threat of immediate attack, as Frederic Bastiat wrote, Thomas Payne wrote, as John Locke wrote, etc. But, on the other hand, military personnel, or anyone who opts to do a dangerous job takes a wage to do so. It’s done through voluntary exchange (currently) and considering the vast amounts of benefits you receive to do that job, you are really in no position to complain. Everyone advocates an extension of consideration for their position, but to shame someone else for considering everyone else…? Is that really prudent. Although you may disagree with his decision to not advocate your given position, and although you have every right to “shame” him for doing so, it only shows your bias and ignorance with respect to the consideration of everyone else in this particular matter.

• SteveMT 08/02/2008 10:14am

To shsusig:
    Read the comments on this bill, some by our military personnel, and you will realize why Ron Paul voted against it.

• myklee 01/25/2009 7:21am

Ron Paul, you are the man and I love you dawg, but why the hell did you waste time even voting on H.Res.58? You should have abstained based on principal. And I’m a Florida Gator.

• L8blumR 02/06/2009 11:51pm

STOP SPENDING TAXPAYER MONEY! IF IT REQUIRES FINANCING, IT REQUIRES MY MONEY. AND I JUST SAID NO!

THE STIMULUS PACKAGE IS MORE FAT THAN STIMULUS. JUST VOTE NO!

• kevinwag 02/20/2009 8:11am

Every day I say it I wish he had won things would have had a chance to get better sooner! We are going to all have rough times ahead with our government we have in ther now. They are trying old solutions to old problems that never fixed in the past.

• WA_patriot 02/20/2009 12:35pm

There is simply no better candidate living for the president of the United States of America than this man.

• Anonymous 02/23/2009 2:27am

Ron Paul, how I wish you were the POTUS.

• neosin 02/23/2009 9:33am

Open carry in texas NOW! Fair Tax NOW!

• kgotjesus2001 03/25/2009 5:37am

Things are getting way out of hand with our gov’t. They are not listening. We have got to MAKE them hear us! Any suggestions? I write my congressmen almost daily and I get an automated response email or letter. I’m sick of this! Is anyone else as tired as I am? It seems that others are speaking out as well with no response. Our gov’t officials are supposed to work for us! I am attending a ‘TEA Party’ on April 15th but who’s to say that will work? I think we need a revolt! If everyone in America stopped paying taxes would they listen? I think they would have to! We could all claim married and 9 and then refuse to pay. I don’t think that is unAmerican. I think it is revolution in its greatest, loudest form! What do you all think???? They can’t arrest the entire nation! Can they?

• megpotts07 04/22/2009 6:58am

I’m so glad that I live in Dr. Paul’s district. I don’t know what we will do down here when he decides to retire from politics. We need to find more politicians like him.

Official website: