Rep. Nancy Pelosi

Democrat  •  12th District, California  •  14th Term  •  Sworn In 1987
Current Term 2013 - 2015 View All

• Moderated Comment

• Anonymous 03/06/2008 1:39pm
    + 10

Get off the backside of your butt and do SOMETHING for this country. Rip the environmentalists a new body cavity and get our own oil in our system so we can save the 6.1 TRILLION dollars the arabs are going to reap from this latest increase in a barrel of oil. What must we do to heat our homes? Paying more than 3 bucks a gallon for heating oil is ludicrous because our government can’t stand up for us. Give more money to the world, The cost of making ethanol is costing more than it’s worth in burning in a car. All that’s accomplishing is to drive up the cost of food. Nice going, a real snooker job on congress for this fiasco. Go environmentalists and Al Gore, wreck this country as fast as you can.

• Spam Comment

• Anonymous 04/05/2008 6:40pm

THERE ARE PEOPLE IN THE GOOD OLE USA LIVING UNDER THE STARS BECAUSE OF YOUR WISHY WASHY WAYS ON THAT LAST STIMULUS PACKAGE, COULD OF HELPED ALOT OF HARD WORKING AMERICANS WITH THE WHOLE STIMULUS PACKAGE, BUT INSTEAD YOU BAIL OUT STUPID BANKS..

• Anonymous 06/08/2008 2:07pm

For GOD’s SAKE – have COMPASSION on AMERICAN WORKERS who have through NO FAULT of their own lost their JOBS and are not getting rehired!!!!!!!!!

What kind of country lets AMERICANS lose EVERYTHING and sends money OVERSEAS to people who have OUR jobs there???

• Anonymous 06/15/2008 5:42pm

It is shameful the way you. Rep. Pelosi and the Republicans can never compromise or work out any bills for the American people. What has happened to our country?

lovestohike 12/23/2012 9:51pm

Pelosi supports Shariah law.
    That is why she hates dual income families in the US.
    She would rather pay for killing babies then have successful women in the United States.
    That is why she wants to keep the rest of the women in the world in chains via Shariah Law,

• Filtered Comment [ show ]

• joshreams 08/06/2008 11:21am

I recently sent Rep. Pelosi an email asking why she does not support offshore drilling and exploration to help us become energy independent and also create jobs.

Here response stated drilling won’t produce enough oil to help the current situation.

I find this hard to believe. How does Barack’s plan to open up a small amount of our EMERGENCY reserves bringing a few thousand barrels of oil a day somehow help us, but drilling and bringing millions more barrels of oil to the market won’t??

Wake up America – does Rep. Pelosi and other Democrats really think we are that stupid?

We currently produce about 5 million barrels of oil per day and consume about 18 million barrels per day. That means we have to either consume 13 million barrels per day less than we are using now (72% reduction) or we have to increase our domestic production by 13 million barrels per day. There could be some combination or an increase in domestic production and a decrease in consumption, but we are AMERICANS – we can do anything we set our minds to!

Rep. Pelosi – don’t tell me what we can’t do – I don’t want to hear your shortcomings and shortsightedness, you don’t represent me or other Americans like me very well….

Filtered Comment [ show ]

Anonymous 04/07/2009 2:30pm

You could plant a drilling rig every half mile across the US and not ake a difference. See, the person who owns the well an decide not to pump until oil is at a high price. Half the wells in west Texas are maintining pressure until oil hits $100 a barrel again.

Sounds like what you want is for the oil companies to be nationalized – like those socialist countries.

• johnriley 08/06/2008 11:39am
    + 10

Pelosi: No Vote On Offshore Oil Drilling; So Why A Vote on FISA Capitulation?

Nancy Pelosi is an awful Speaker of the House, imo. You may disagree, but you can not disagree with the fact that she plays fast and loose with the idea that she can block House votes when she wants. To explain away the FISA Capitulation vote and why she let it pass in the House, Pelosi bizarrely blamed the Senate, as if the Senate controlled the House calendar.

But when it comes to offshore oil drilling, Pelosi DOES control the calendar:

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi on Sunday ruled out a vote on new offshore oil drilling even as Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama said he might be open to a compromise that included it.

Somehow she could not rule out a vote on FISA Capitulation. I mean that only involved the Constitution after all. No big deal.

Speaking for me only

• judyvillecco 09/05/2008 7:39pm

Please remember women veterans. http://www.Diane-and-friends.com as we remember you

• ncg 09/07/2008 1:17pm
    + 10

We need to vote Pelosi out of office!!!

Anonymous 10/03/2008 8:42am

Agreed!!!!
    Pelosi shames the political process by her self serving agendas and partisan rhetoric. She and all of the other “career politicians” need to go. We need new blood in Washington that listens to the voice of American citizens.

baldeagle 11/03/2009 6:04pm

I agree career polticians have too much power and think the people they represent are stupid…Oh wait, maybe we are stupid or we would not keep sending them back to Washington. We need to get this current crop out of office and get people in there who will get spending under control and eliminate all the corruption and waste,

fortermlimits 11/04/2009 11:52am

Let’s hope that all of the California people catch on this time around and vote her out. Keep your fingers crossed and pray.

ladalang 08/10/2010 6:07am

I can’t believe she actually wins. The people of California must not be paying attention to what she is doing. We can only hope she loses next go round!

DanKat 12/01/2010 5:19am

Well, Californians voted that do-nothing, career, loser-politician Boxer back in again. Don’t take anything for granted with the voting tendencies of liberal Californians.

lovestohike 12/23/2012 9:52pm

She lives in a bigoted district – in a small minded 2 per cent world that hates america. Its not Calfiornia – its her luxury friends that she bestows our tax payer dollars on by her legislation. She buys votes.

JHENRY 03/18/2009 2:28pm

I agree whole heartedly. She is an embarrssment to the State of California,House of Representitives, the Senate and the USA. I have been voting democratic ever since I was 21 and I am 66 now. I am sad to say that this past election really disappointed me. I am seriously considering becoming an Independent. Her stance on illigal immigration is totally unamerican. She takes the side of the illigals and wants them all to get amnesty. She want them to get the jobs instead of the legal Americal citizens. Maybe she has uses them in her business. Don’t let anyone tell you they can’t get social service because in California, they come first. That is because of the all the bleeding heart illigal lovers in California, such as Pelosi. “You can’t break up a family and send the parent back to their native country.” Yes you can. Send the children back with the law breaker parents. If the parents are illigal, so are their children. Pelosy should be ashamed of herself.

roundbottom 07/22/2009 8:20am

I was a democrat for most of my life & I’m 68, I’m so ashamed of how the dems have became so far right & now seem to have no common sense, Pelosi & Reid changed my way of thinking, they’ve broken every law & voted against anything that would help the american worker. You know her husband owns a tuna factory & the people are working for less than the minimum wages, why do you think she loves the illegals.

Carzyb 03/18/2010 11:54am

Agree, But it’s up to you Califorina!!!

lovestohike 12/23/2012 9:53pm

She also does not plan to give them health insurance – that is why they will just pay the 2000 dollar fine allegedly. She also gave exemptions to the law to most of her friends.

• Anonymous 09/29/2008 3:43pm

Please bring Bill S.3507 to floor of the house… I am 50 and csn not find a job…My unemployment runs out in Oct… I need your help I am not a slacker…Those of us that can not find work need your help more then wall street does !!!!

• crosslaw1 09/30/2008 1:01am

PLEASE EXPEDITIOUSLY GET TO BILL S. 3507. BENEFITS RUNNING OUT, NO JOBS, NO RESPONSES AFTER GREAT DILIGENCE — AND SENDING OUT HUNDREDS OF RESUMES, AND I NEED TO EAT!!!!!! PLEASE EXTEND THE UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. I KNOW THERE ARE SCORES OF PEOPLE OUT THERE WHO ARE IN THE SAME SITUATION AS I AM. PLEASE BRING THIS BILL TO THE FLOOR BEFORE YOU LEAVE FOR RECESS!!!!!!!

• Anonymous 10/03/2008 5:49am

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE , NEED UI EXTENSION what are you waiting for ???

• Anonymous 10/05/2008 2:00pm

Nancy Pelosi needs to go. She and her fellow Democrats are the reason our country is broken. I am tired of hearing out of her mouth how the Bush administration is responsible. They really think we are stupid. Democrats were behind the sub-prime lending practices, pushing banks to relax their lending practices with the help of Acorn’s bully tactics. All roads to the economy failure lead back to Democrats, especially Barney Frank, Chris Dodd and many others. They need to stop blaming Bush and Wall Street greed.

Anonymous 01/26/2009 8:10pm

How long does it take Barney Franks to hide enough money to retire on.It makes me so ashamed to see the likes of him being in the peoples’ house. What people? He has no shame and that does not speak well for the folks in Mass to keep sending this creep back to Washington.

baldeagle 11/02/2009 3:06pm

I agree!! she needs to go, along with Barney Frank, John Murtha, Stenny Hoyer, and almost every other incumbent…and Shumer, Boxer, Leahy, Reid, Dodd,and Spector in the senate….We need to start over with a congress sith some common sense..

Official website: