Rep. Charles Rangel

Democrat  •  13th District, New York  •  22nd Term  •  Sworn In 1971
Current Term 2013 - 2015 View All

• Anonymous 01/19/2008 5:19am

if we would stop investing in america being a world wide empire.we could put $20,000 into a high intrest account for each american at birth.this would pay for health ins. for your whole adult life and at age 65 all americans would retire a millionaire.this could be payed for through taxes or public service when you become working age.this would solve many of americas problems and pay for its self in twenty years.this would also make a stronger,poverty free america.

• Moderated Comment

• Moderated Comment

• Moderated Comment

• gkdaw_usa 07/13/2008 11:48am

I am a PEACEFUL WARRIOR, and people are stealing MY IDEAS, and being Disabled I have NO NO Right’s ? why is it that way?, can I steal from you? and get away with it ? I am a better Man than those that steal, from the week and Disabled !
    I would just like to know if I am just missing something ? Because I was raised to be helpful, not to steal from other’s and if this starts at the top of this government and it is in every part of the GOV. then ? WHO
    can you trust to help, this Country and not take from the little person that is weekend with a disability and the economy so HOW can a Disabled person get out of the DEAD rut the GOV. has put me in. CAN YOU HELP ME!?
    Will YOU HELP FIND away to help me to HELP MY COUNTRY? THE USA.!
    Yes Pass it to help your Fellow Americans people, not the people that are Killing this Country Like The Princess of OIL you know your Boss the one that has the world in this mess, just look at it just think you helped make it this way are you a proud Republi=cannot’s are you a American or not? answer this then is your Boss telling the Truth! ?

What is the Idea of Independents ? Oil or America ? or for the king of Oil is in S.A. and you Live where ? THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA !

Happy Independents Day America!?
    We have a longer way too go!
    I think we are further from American Independents than ever Befor in History!, We where from the start !
    It started out to be U.S. verses British Rule and now it is the United States of America Verses The rule of OIL but are we fighting to help the rule of Oil or are WE fighting to brake away from Oil it is all the to be looked at but we are on the wrong side at this time in history of true Independents we have the technologies to brake away from the RULER of Oil but our Leader in not for Independents he is for the Rule of OIL and the Rule of Oil is not IN this Country so the Ruler is not in this country and so the people of this country is too suffer the poor to suffer and most of all because the ruler of Oil has sent job’s away so the people would have more to complain about and still not really do a thing to fix this mess , the Rule has taken away all your Rights from are True INDEPENDENTS to try to replace it with the rule of Oil , and not to use the TECHNOLOGIES of yesterday to bring it to the Future, so by doing so we are not so Independent as WE should be. I can not stand it, I could be thronging names or Businesses names but most people know the truth and it is just a mater of time when the people of this country start dying for this U.S.A. country agian ! Here!
    Electric could be are NEW INDEPENDENTS! FROM THE RULER OF OIL!

Just need some one in this field too look at this for real ! An Electric, Mechanical, Engineering
    I would like to know if I could talk to some one about My Motor, A Real Concept I have and it is like but not from, NISSAN | Super Motor, and like the fuellesss Car Patent. I had to do a lot to find those to prove to my self it could work, NISSAN= Super Motor, like the fuelless Car Patent. and Still thay do not, do it the way that I would, My Idea is better than there’s, and Nissan’s still needs to Plug in to charge there Batteries or us a gas motor to run it., I am talking about running Big rigs as well as car’s, truck’s, SUV’s, Tractor’s, from the Biggest to the smallest just Mine is a replacement of all types of Gas Diesel motors just take out what is in your Vehicle and re-place with My Idea. , but I’m just not getting the help I will need to make it happen here in the USA! Can you help me ?! Please! 4 your Country! USA
    call me at 1-269-236-5019 Ask for Glen White to have a meeting or gwhiteusa777@triton.net Just becouse I am Disabled dose not mean I am not Bright. Just give me a chance Please!?! We will not be taking a lot of time to make the First one becouse most parts are on shelf just two or there, miner parts will need to be maid ! Could you help Me? To Do this for are Country It is more than just another Idea! This is for real.
    or should we just put rails on every road? Or just put a conveyors on are high ways and side roads. (Not) I really think I got it right with the first one! come and see for your self! just call I just need some TECH Help.!
    I would like to Partner with my country but will it Partner with me!? OR ? What!

What I would like to see is an address to the American People from are President that is talking To the American People not Iraq, not Afghanistan, not any thing But The People of The United States of America.
    Just look back at the address’s in the Past and the History of real Presidents of this Country. He has not even been close to the People and your Party has been the same! just look at Hitler’s Party just one to follow and A real American is no guts no glory! so what is your Party ?
    American OR not ?

• Filtered Comment [ show ]

• crosslaw1 09/30/2008 1:11am

REP. RANGEL,

YOU HAVE BEEN A GREAT SUPPORTER OF EXTENDING THE UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS…..WE, NO DOUBT, NEED YOUR HELP AGAIN. PLEASE HELP PASS H.R.6867, SO I CAN CONTINUE TO EAT AND CONTINUE MY JOB SEARCH EFFORTS. THE LAST EXTENSION RUNS OUT IN EARLY OCTOBER. PLEASE SHOW YOUR SUPPORT OF THIS BILL BEFORE YOU LEAVE FOR YOUR RECESS! THANK YOU, SIR!

BinaryAgent 07/27/2010 7:04am

Rangel, you are an idiotic retard who’s selling the freedoms of Americans to the highest bidder. You push to have us all suckle the dried dead American teat! I am not, nor will I ever, support SLAVERY, you swine!

HR 5741 is fully AGAINST Amendment 13 of the United States Constitution. Didn’t you swear to defend it against all enemies, foreign and domestic?

You will fail in this, We The People are not cattle, the Spirit of Freedom is awake and Lady Liberty shall be beat upon no more, you sorry excuse for an American!

By the way, I know it’s you uppercrust elite bankers who are behind all of this. Selling America out from under us.

American Revolution 2.0, I am sure you are asking for it.

Sic Sempre Tyrannus!
    Nec Timeo, Nec Sperno Novus Ordo Seclorum!

• thorvaldr 05/09/2009 3:53pm

This despot is the cosponsor of a bill to remove the rights of anyone suspected of disagreeing with the government, H.R. 2159. Do not forget, do not forgive. Remember this man in 2010.

rugby6 11/07/2009 4:23pm

Crosslaw………keep voting the fat idiot in……….he’s stealing us blind!!!! Get off your duff and wake up…………..unbelieveable.

• mattspost45 05/15/2009 7:02pm

JUST AN IDEA: IF THE AMERICAN PEOPLE COULD LAY OFF THE 535 MEMBERS OF CONGRESS, THERE WOULD BE A SAVINGS OF ABOUT 100 MILLION DOLLARS PER YEAR JUST FOR BASE SALARIES, NOT COUNTING STAFF. WE NEED TERM LIMITS. NO CONGRESSMAN SHOULD BE ALLOWED TO SERVE ANY LONGER THAN A PRESIDENT.

• fortermlimits 08/16/2009 6:47pm

Rep. Frank Pallone has had his chance. Twenty terms is more than enough to enforce his power on all of us. Co-sponsoring HR3200 is a crime. Come on New York, vote him out in 2010!!!

• stlcat 08/29/2009 5:32am

You, sir, are scum. You are stealing from the American people with a sympathetic smirk on your face and lies streaming from your lips.

I pray your constituents wake up and throw you out on your sizeable rear.

• tzipser 09/22/2009 11:57am

You should at least resign from the ways and means committee.

• MercilessPit 10/10/2009 2:35am

Charles Rangel is a THIEF. Vote the criminal out. He says he didn’t know he was supposed to pay taxes on his foreign recreation home (mansion) but HE WROTE THE TAX LAW. He’s a LIAR and a THIEF.

• GunnyG 10/16/2009 5:55am

PAY YOUR TAXES YET! What a fraud. America will be better off without liberals.

The Anti Liberal Zone

• jharding 10/29/2009 7:45am

“Rep. Charles Rangel [D, NY-15], the powerful House Ways and Means Committee Chairman, is currently under investigation by the House Ethics Committee for a series of charges relating to his personal finances”

VOTE HIS THIEVING BUTT OUT! This is the kind of criminal that is running our country?

• DOUGLASFIELD 02/06/2010 4:13pm

CONGRESSMAN,

• MANY MORE IN OUR U.S. CONGRESS ARE NOW FINDNG OUT THE TRUTH OTHER THEN SENATOR WEBB AND THOSE OTHERS IN THE NOW… IN CONGRESS
  • purplelilac3084 03/15/2010 5:18am

This man is a tax cheat and was on the tax board, so there are no excuses!
    it is time to fire federal workers whom do not pay there taxes.
    He still gets to vote, even though he stepped down from the committee!
    This government is so corrupt, we need to vote them all out! They are not representing the people whom voted them in. They are so arrogant!

• CHARLESIII 03/21/2010 8:15am

In 1787 a group of men descended upon Philadelphia, Pennsylvania to draft the document that would become the Constitution of the United States. These gentlemen embarked on a mission to create a form of government that would provide for the national defense, protect civil rights and to facilitate interstate trade. According to history, they did not envision the government of the United States as it is today — a mega sized bureaucratic organization set forth to level the playing field for all citizens. In truth, it was not their intent to create a government solely for the people, but a government of, by and for the people.

Mr Rangel, You and all mebers of Congress re a disgrace to the office you hold and to this great nation that you falsely represent. It’s time for you to go……

Sincerely,
    Charles Powell

• DOUGLASFIELD 04/29/2010 1:31pm

DEAR CHARLES,

U.S. SUPREME COURT TO THE RESCUE OF MIDDLE~CLASS AND WORKING POOR AMERICANS OR IS THIS JUST ANOTHER BAD DREAM THAT REAL JUSTICE WILL ONLY CONTINUE TO NOT BE AFFORDED US LITTLE PEOPLE HERE IN THE WEALTHIEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD ?

MIDDLE~CLASS AND WORKING POOR RELIGIOUS AMERICANS REST OUR CASE AGAINST GOVERNOR RICK PERRY OF TEXAS & SATAN ~ YOUR U.S. SUPREME COURT HONOR’S !

• CAN ANYONE EXPLAIN OTHER THEN SATAN HOW TEXAS GOVERNOR RICK PERRY ON ONE HAND PARDONS FORMER TEXAS INMATE TIMOTHY COLE WHO WAS WRONGFULLY EXECUTED WITHOUT BEING ALLOWED TO EXONERATE HIMSELF USING DNA TESTING IN TEXAS,AND WITHIN THE SAME MONTH THIS SAME GOVERNOR RICK PERRY OF TEXAS DENIES YET ANOTHER DNA TEST PRIOR ANOTHER POSSIBLE WRONGFUL EXECUTION OF HANK SKINNER ?
  • hockeyguyinoc 07/27/2010 12:30pm

HR 5741 sponsored by Charles Rangel makes him seem like a socialist for the following reasons. One Selective Services Act already covers drafts that is why every American male 18-26 has to register. Two this law bypasses any requirement to enact it, bypasses Congress, bypasses any requirement to pay people for their services, and out right gives the President the right to extend your service based on if he deems it necessary. Be afraid of your politicians most are corrupt to the core.

Official website: